Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:23:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Better music video and more
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 79 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Better music video and more  (Read 646128 times)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1460 on: January 27, 2009, 03:38:07 AM »

Radio isn't dead at all. Look up some stats.

But of course that's besides the point when you're talking about a music video.

And there goes the challenger...
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #1461 on: January 27, 2009, 04:10:27 AM »

Hmm, I don't understand what's going on! Such a shame...

Back In Power
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1462 on: January 27, 2009, 04:50:54 AM »

i wonder if Dexter has negative karma on this forum...

Why don't you look him up and check?

As far as i can remember Dexter behaved pretty well and shouldn't have anything but neutral karma.

You on the other hand...  hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1463 on: January 27, 2009, 10:00:14 AM »

What I say is that the video will come out and the question is when ?  This album is far from its potential, things didn't go right in the orginal release.  Yes it sucks, but shit happens.  What will happen ? I don't know ? maybe once the tour plans are finalized there will be a re release of some sorts.  Axl said "interviews ect where intentionally scheduled for later on "  may that include the music video.  Let's face it radio is dead ! nobody listens anymore so I think what fits best than anything is a visual product.  When would be the right time to release the vihdeo ?  Super Bowl ? May, June ?  we will find out sooner or later. Until then we will just half to wait and may we be surprised one week with it.

Personally I can't wait to see it ! I think then people other than GnR fan's who visit this board frequently will know Guns N' Roses are back.  Music Video is a very important statement to me personally and I think professionally.  It's a great marketing tool, GnR has done great without it ! just think of what could be when the video hits !

I'm betting that things are on hold until they re-release Chinese Democracy after the BB exclusive runs out.  That, IMO, is when Axl would be able to do everything on his own terms.  So, if it's a 6-month exclusive, that would put the timetable at late May, early June.  Hopefully in the mean time, he's working on solidifying his tour lineup (if any solidifying needs to be done). 

One thing I can say for this band is that while I get frustrated with the lack of info, it makes for all the more pleasant of a surprise when something does happen! 
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1464 on: January 27, 2009, 10:16:38 AM »

Yeah, I think it would be smart for GN'R to save the vid for when they rerelease the album.

Bet Buy haven't fulfilled their part of the deal, as far as i understand, so why let them get the benefit of a vid...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1465 on: January 27, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »

Yeah, I think it would be smart for GN'R to save the vid for when they rerelease the album.

Bet Buy haven't fulfilled their part of the deal, as far as i understand, so why let them get the benefit of a vid...

I'd say that's a pretty solid plan, and Axl did allude to that.  BUT, and I say with the utmost respect, I'm not so sure I'm gonna trust anything Axl has said or will say in the future.  Whatever happens, happens.  For some reason or another whatever plans he's had or shared with us over the years haven't gone off without a hitch.  But we have the album, and I think it's brilliant, so that's all that really matters.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1466 on: January 27, 2009, 05:53:17 PM »

Got this album, love it, don't give a damn about a re-release, I'm ready for the next album.  Live and learn, lets move on!  Where's the 2nd cd and how about those tour dates?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #1467 on: January 27, 2009, 06:08:33 PM »

yeah I wanna see tour dates!...I cant wait to see them again!  peace
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1468 on: January 27, 2009, 06:16:05 PM »

I'd say that's a pretty solid plan, and Axl did allude to that.  BUT, and I say with the utmost respect, I'm not so sure I'm gonna trust anything Axl has said or will say in the future.  Whatever happens, happens.  For some reason or another whatever plans he's had or shared with us over the years haven't gone off without a hitch.  But we have the album, and I think it's brilliant, so that's all that really matters.

When did Axl "allude" to re-releasing the album or putting the video out when that happens?   Did I miss something?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1469 on: January 27, 2009, 06:36:49 PM »

He was asked about the promotion, or lack thereof, and he responded that they had scheduled interviews, etc. for further down the road purposely.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1470 on: January 27, 2009, 09:07:24 PM »

"Bet Buy haven't fulfilled their part of the deal, as far as i understand, so why let them get the benefit of a vid..."

Really? What haven't they done? Numerous spots in weekly circulars, cardboard display devoted to GN'R/CD, strategic spotting at checkouts discount prices and a large inventory.
Some will say Walmart did a better job for AC/DC, but other than having more outlets I disagree..
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1471 on: January 27, 2009, 09:48:27 PM »

^^^ I totally agree. We should be happy with what we've got. We should know by now not to hold our breath waiting for Axl

Yea, enjoy the sun while it's shining. Everything else will come around when it comes around.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1472 on: January 28, 2009, 03:02:47 AM »

So far in the last few years I have seen GNR 6 times and got "Chinese Democracy"...im sure not going to bitch about a video taking a few weeks longer to come out....especially after 1994-2001....
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1473 on: January 28, 2009, 03:56:46 AM »

I agree, but I wouldn't say I don't trust Axl because things he might have said didn't happen. As we all know shit happens and plans change and alot of the biz is not solely in Axl's hands.

I will say tho that I believe what Axl says, but I'm also aware that things might come up etc. and I absoluetely don't expect or want him to correct himself all the time. That'd be just redicu.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #1474 on: January 28, 2009, 04:09:00 AM »

Well if a re-release does happen , Geffen is one of the smartest labels in the business right now. They have cashed in and got the debt Rose started with Chinese Democracy from Best Buy.  The re-release with a tour/video and promotion on TV will sell that .Then they have the other albums in the can to release and profit off of.  Great moves.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #1475 on: January 28, 2009, 04:19:14 AM »

Well if a re-release does happen , Geffen is one of the smartest labels in the business right now. They have cashed in and got the debt Rose started with Chinese Democracy from Best Buy.  The re-release with a tour/video and promotion on TV will sell that .Then they have the other albums in the can to release and profit off of.  Great moves.

To me it seems pretty obvious that they are going to rerelease it.

I mean, there WILL be distribution to all the (non best buy)record stores in the us and this isn't going to go unnoticed no matter what.

I'm a little unshure if this was the plan from the beginning, but I looks like it might play out pretty well in the end anyway. ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1476 on: January 28, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »

judging from dexter posts. I don't think it was their initial plan. unsure if it is now altho very likely.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1477 on: January 28, 2009, 10:14:22 AM »

axl told  skid row to re-release slave to the grind over and over  and it hit number one, i bet axl will take his own old advise Wink
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1478 on: January 28, 2009, 10:20:39 AM »

axl told  skid row to re-release slave to the grind over and over  and it hit number one, i bet axl will take his own old advise Wink

He was talking about the single, right?  Because didn't he say that's what he did with WTTJ?  At any rate, when he was online last month, he also said that there are different covers and booklets, so I took that, combined with the disappointment he expressed with the way this release went, as another hint at a re-release.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1479 on: January 28, 2009, 10:22:10 AM »

He was talking about the single, right?  Because didn't he say that's what he did with WTTJ?  At any rate, when he was online last month, he also said that there are different covers and booklets, so I took that, combined with the disappointment he expressed with the way this release went, as another hint at a re-release.
yeah i think it was with the single back in the day, but it might work with the album too Wink
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 79 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: