Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:47:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Better music video and more
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 79 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Better music video and more  (Read 645649 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2008, 02:41:20 AM »

QUOTE (Dexter @ Dec 12 2008, 02:32 AM) *
QUOTE (Randy Lahey @ Dec 11 2008, 11:25 PM) *
Hey Axl, is the song Atlas Shrugged as epic as the book? Who is your favorite character from the book?

Song doesn't have all that much to do with the book other than trying to do what you believe in and a line about shoulders not being wide enough.

Now that is cool stuff.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pine Barrens
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2008, 02:41:35 AM »

Yeah the internets going slow because so many users are online

Axl was their ever a cover B and cover C for chinese democracy?

Yes there are. There are 2 more covers/bk cover combos and the real booklet that is all artwork that will be out shortly in some form. It's been an ugly battle that hasn't made any sense to anyone and whether anyone cares about such things the booklet or artwork has always been something I've been passionate about and to release the album with unapproved and unseen final artwork with a !st work only error filled draft when others more recent were readily available still has not been explained but is finally getting cleared up. My fave is the How Are You Grenade cover.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2008, 02:41:49 AM »

WOO HOO Axl answered my question!

I asked if Estranged would be played live and he said Estranged and Civil War somewhere

FUCK YEAH!!!  The best news I've heard since someone said something about the 23rd of november.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2008, 02:41:57 AM »

I feel the need to repent any GNR sins I have committed.

Anytime I ever seemed negative or what have u I apologize!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2008, 02:42:12 AM »

thank you, Axl... you brought so much positive feelings to this forum. We really needed that. I even posted a new Ronald interview today and he said that GnR is a real band, and no matter how much he says that, people will still complain. Ha, my english sucks, but y'all got the point. Smiley

I posted this over there... but I guess I should post it here as well.

Bruno, if you get the chance tell ERIC, the mod, to turn off avatars and sigs. Itll make it faster
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2008, 02:42:45 AM »

WOO HOO Axl answered my question!

I asked if Estranged would be played live and he said Estranged and Civil War somewhere

fucking amazing.. Estranged and Civil war live PLUS a music video in a 1 week/before christmas

THIS IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE!
FUCK YEAH!!!  The best news I've heard since someone said something about the 23rd of november.

peace

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2008, 02:43:04 AM »

QUOTE (ThinkAboutYou @ Dec 11 2008, 11:29 PM) *

Yes there are. There are 2 more covers/bk cover combos and the real booklet that is all artwork that will be out shortly in some form. It's been an ugly battle that hasn't made any sense to anyone and whether anyone cares about such things the booklet or artwork has always been something I've been passionate about and to release the album with unapproved and unseen final artwork with a !st work only error filled draft when others more recent were readily available still has not been explained but is finally getting cleared up. My fave is the How Are You Grenade cover.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2008, 02:43:27 AM »

this is amazing i really cannot believe this!

scraped
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2008, 02:44:12 AM »

That's fantastic! "How Are You Grenade"

Gonna get that I guess.  Cheesy

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2008, 02:44:35 AM »

Does the whining about the errors  in the booklet seem kinda pointless now?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2008, 02:45:09 AM »

indeed!
/jarmo

scraped
conjurer
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2008, 02:45:24 AM »

This is UNREAL - I LOVE CD.....

If I could ask one question, Who are you singing to on "Sorry" Huh

THANK YOU AXL! THANKS FOR CHI-DEM!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2008, 02:46:18 AM »

Jarmo, U get him over here and there will never be another negative word every uttered by anybody I guarantee it!

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2008, 02:46:47 AM »

That definitely clears up a major concern about priorities. Someone at UMG is not doing their fuckin' job.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2008, 02:47:05 AM »

/jarmo

Not at all, actually.  Quite the opposite, it goes to show just how little control Axl is able to exercise over the day-to-day situation of his band's affairs.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2008, 02:47:44 AM »

/jarmo

No, because we didn't know what was going on. But everyone should be satisfied now that Axl has had the same frustration with it.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2008, 02:47:52 AM »

Its cool that Axl seems really understanding about things though. I'm sure he would understand us talking about the errors in the booklet.

Mahler_22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2008, 02:48:43 AM »

That's what WE ALL SHOULD CALL    -- ""  EPIC PROMOTION "" --
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2008, 02:48:53 AM »

could that be why there were rumors of a rift between axl and management?

scraped
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2008, 02:49:11 AM »

QUOTE (GNRs00ks @ Dec 11 2008, 11:38 PM)
Axl how do you feel about Kanye outselling Chinese Democracy? Do you like Kanye's music?

I met Kanye at the Versace awards. He was very gracious. I love Gold Digger and told him so. I'm a big fan of his stage performance as he seems to go for it physically which I relate more to. B4 r release I sent him a msg that any nonsense from the media had nothing to do with us and wished him the best. I'm humbled we've done as well as we have considering.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 79 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: