Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:23:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Better music video and more
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Better music video and more  (Read 643181 times)
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #1520 on: March 24, 2009, 04:14:39 PM »

Jesus, I can't believe a video still isn't out. For any song!
When a big band releases an album and singles they generally get a video out pretty quickly, even before or simultaneously with the release. What the hell is it with this band that everything needs to take so long and be such a chore. You'd think they'd have had all this ready. Total lack of professionalism. We've had two singles, not one video.
Forget the Better video, release a new single, actually promote it with a physical release, and have a video ready to go with it, not four months later.

Didn't Axl say in one of the interviews that the band had wanted to make a video, but the label discouraged it?

That and the fact the Exclusive ends in May/June , a new tour is starting in a few months. It makes sense to wait to push videos when the band is doing tour/promotions for it.
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #1521 on: March 24, 2009, 04:22:25 PM »

Videos are L-A-M-E.

Save the $ and make a cool official "New Guns" DVD after this summer run I says.

...if they do a video though...

I see TIL as the choice.  Go all out on production.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:39:36 PM by Layflats » Logged

Chicago 11/15/11
DemocracyRose
« Reply #1522 on: March 27, 2009, 08:05:50 AM »

Rumor from CD.com

But it seems the reason the video wasn't released was because of Finck, I am told that it was to be released in February but was cancelled due to the circumstances with Robin and that a video is not currently planned. There is talks of the band recoding a live video with the line up as it stands, but not for ?Better?.

Damn it!!! I would love to see that Better video. Maybe they could just release it for the fans on gnr.com...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1523 on: March 27, 2009, 08:27:50 AM »

"I am told"? Who?

sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #1524 on: March 27, 2009, 10:58:50 AM »

Rumor from CD.com

But it seems the reason the video wasn't released was because of Finck, I am told that it was to be released in February but was cancelled due to the circumstances with Robin and that a video is not currently planned. There is talks of the band recoding a live video with the line up as it stands, but not for ?Better?.

Damn it!!! I would love to see that Better video. Maybe they could just release it for the fans on gnr.com...
Could jarmo confirm or deny this
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #1525 on: March 27, 2009, 12:25:56 PM »

It make sense to not release the video if Robin isnt in the band anymore, maybe they can do another one with the newest guy, I just sudgest to do it quick bfore somebody else leaves.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1526 on: March 27, 2009, 02:02:09 PM »

Rumor from CD.com

If true that's sucks.  Hopefully they will get one out when they start touring.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1527 on: March 27, 2009, 07:08:31 PM »

Axl should have never mentioned a video if that rumor is true. Why say a video will be released with a few weeks when your not sure of the status of your lead guitar player?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1528 on: March 27, 2009, 07:10:12 PM »

Axl should have never mentioned a video if that rumor is true. Why say a video will be released with a few weeks when your not sure of the status of your lead guitar player?

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
ben9785
« Reply #1529 on: March 27, 2009, 08:44:52 PM »

I kind of figured any videos in the works would have been held off because of Robin's departure.

They should just move on to the next single release and focus on that for a video. If there's a tour coming up, I think a live video would be straight to the point.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1530 on: April 21, 2009, 04:17:36 PM »

any kind of update on this at all?

I still cant believe there is no video released for any track on this album.........

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1531 on: April 21, 2009, 05:03:15 PM »

I still cant believe there is no video released for any track on this album.........

the album took this long to come out, it's only normal everything else takes a lot longer as well.

Chinese Democracy!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #1532 on: April 21, 2009, 06:16:21 PM »

the album took this long to come out, it's only normal everything else takes a lot longer as well.

Well, it's not 'normal'. But it is typical.

Not much point releasing a video for any of the songs now anyway. Unless they plan to re-release/tour the album with a band-centered promo push and expand the album's audience beyond the core fanbase, it wouldn't achieve much on it's own other than a few YouTube comments of 'Hey omg Axl teh braids!!!!111 Bring back Slosh!!!11 loLOLolOL epic fail'. Lest we forget, there have been a grand total of zero promotional appearances by Guns N' Roses as a band, and whatever any worshippers may think, a new album does have a finite commercial shelf life. Sure, it will sell steadily as a back catalog item for years to come, but by then its position in the annals of rock history will be written.

Personally I respect Axl's position and unique way of doing things. We've got the album and it's great, that's all I really care about. I doubted we'd ever get it.

And after a decade or so wait for the album, surely we've all learnt to take any professed grand plans of unparalleled promotion, worldwide domination, or general awesomeness on a heretofore unwitnessed scale with a grain of salt. I highly doubt anything will happen in the near future - tours, videos or anything else. If anyone wants to debate whether Axl Rose's plans have or don't have a habit of not reaching fruition in the original projected timespan, I'd be hugely amused to hear their side.

I'm always willing to be surprised. If GNR want to put some icing on the C.D. cake, I'll be more than happy to lap up my share.

Oo-er.

And there goes the challenger...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1533 on: April 21, 2009, 07:06:24 PM »

Yeah, I can't imagine Robin being the reason for this. It's been pretty obvious since about April of last year that he was no longer in the band.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1534 on: April 21, 2009, 07:42:44 PM »

It's been pretty obvious since about April of last year that he was no longer in the band.
no it wasn't. as of dec dex said they gotta see when they'd tour.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1535 on: April 22, 2009, 09:44:56 AM »

It's been pretty obvious since about April of last year that he was no longer in the band.

So you're saying that before this video was made nobody could pick up the phone and say "Dude, are you still in the band?" I'll never understand why things in the GNR world are so complicated and difficult but I guess that's part of the experience.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1536 on: April 22, 2009, 10:24:57 AM »

So you're saying that before this video was made nobody could pick up the phone and say "Dude, are you still in the band?"

rather texted/mailed him, I'd imagine, and he didn't know if he was either.

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1537 on: April 22, 2009, 10:52:56 AM »

Guns N Roses just has too many people involved in it. I love GNR but what was originally just a band is now a big corporate company that has so many people employed within it that it seems there's too much going on. Its probably difficult to strip it back now to being just a band with a manager and a few roadies.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1538 on: April 22, 2009, 11:24:40 AM »

If it was a big corporate band we'd see their name slapped on everything, tons of tie ins, product promotion,videos and a huge 100 city tour.

We certainly don't have that and I don't think I'd want them to be media whores anyway. Axl is an artist and what happens happens, that's my take. I'd love to see a show or a new video, but this is how things work with GNR and I'm just happy we have Chinese Democracy right now.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1539 on: April 22, 2009, 12:01:41 PM »

Here's a fact of life: Plans change.

I don't have any information on the video, but I know that sometimes plans do change....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: