Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework

<< < (76/77) > >>

Eazy E:
Yeah, Axl has said in at least two interviews that Slash would try to keep the material "down" for personal reasons (I think Axl claimed Slash didn't want the material to be too successful for Slash to handle)...  Fall To Pieces is an example of this, which is funny because he released it a number of years later and it was a big hit.

Leddy:
Quote from: Eazy E on December 18, 2008, 06:34:24 PM

Yeah, Axl has said in at least two interviews that Slash would try to keep the material "down" for personal reasons (I think Axl claimed Slash didn't want the material to be too successful for Slash to handle)...  Fall To Pieces is an example of this, which is funny because he released it a number of years later and it was a big hit.

I also thought that the earlier mentions of it were a "fear of success" thing which seemed a little strange, considering the success they had already had.   Though now it seems, Axl is saying that Slash didn't want the success with Axl/Guns.  Once any material had interest shown in it, it was withdrawn kinda-thing.

D:
Quote from: Axlative on December 18, 2008, 04:14:01 PM

Quote from: TomFriend on December 18, 2008, 04:01:43 PM

He's saying Slash wrote the riff to Fall To Pieces while he was still in GNR, and when Axl showed interest in it, buried it away. It eventually wound up on Contraband. What's so hard to understand?

Well... the "why?" is not that obvious.

I understood that as part of the "smoke Axl out of GNR campaign" where Slash tried to make it look like Axl had (only) some weird ass industrial vision he wanted to chase. Obviously that wasn't the case and Axl was interested in going with Slash's blues rock stuff. So bringing classic rock stuff to the table wouldn't have suited Slash as it would've proved his allegations false right off the bat.

What was Oh My God then? I think the other members should be heard from. Why did Duff quit? Is he lying also? Why did Izzy quit?

I think u have to take the sum of the entire band before u immediately jump to saying This guy is right or this guy is right etc.

IKnowWhereIAM:
If you look at Slash's own statement...he may have told somewhat of a 'truth' here...he claims that he 'gave' Axl the next GnR album, and Axl only showed interest in working on a couple songs.  Now apply Axl's statement and you have a more complete picture of what actually happened.  It was a case of all or nothing with Slash, who was obviously making his power play to 'take back' Guns...even though he never had it.  Axl was legitimately trying to work things through (according to his statement to protect his interest in the band) and was interested in a couple songs...does it surprise anyone that one of the most successful songs VR put out, Axl had shown interest in years earlier?  He has always had his finger on our pulse.  If Slash could have cleaned up, and accepted that he was a very talented guitar player in the greatest band on earth - rather than the greatest guitar player on earth with a good band backing him up - we may have seen CD years earlier...with slight differences...and imagine Axl singing on Slither, FTP, etc (I bet we would have much BETTER lyrics).  Sadly it didn't work out, Slash's ego won out, and we (the band & the fans) lost years to his legal bullshit.

Axl:  : ok:
Slash:  :no:

Also, Axl's silence in the past is completely justified/explainable.  Slash left with NOTHING, he quit, had nothing to lose..Axl had GnR...as long as Slash had a prayer in court, Axl needed to keep quiet and let his legal team tend to business.  We KNOW how WE felt...imagine the pressure/pain for Axl, being in effect a hostage to GnR & Slash over the last 12 years.  Imagine having to let someone motherf--k you in public for YEARS to protect your interest in something...like a marriage...at least divorce doesn't usually go on for 12 years, and your ex can't keep coming back to the trough again, and again.

Axl4Prez2004:
Quote from: D on December 18, 2008, 07:50:15 PM

Quote from: Axlative on December 18, 2008, 04:14:01 PM

Quote from: TomFriend on December 18, 2008, 04:01:43 PM

He's saying Slash wrote the riff to Fall To Pieces while he was still in GNR, and when Axl showed interest in it, buried it away. It eventually wound up on Contraband. What's so hard to understand?

Well... the "why?" is not that obvious.

I understood that as part of the "smoke Axl out of GNR campaign" where Slash tried to make it look like Axl had (only) some weird ass industrial vision he wanted to chase. Obviously that wasn't the case and Axl was interested in going with Slash's blues rock stuff. So bringing classic rock stuff to the table wouldn't have suited Slash as it would've proved his allegations false right off the bat.

What was Oh My God then? I think the other members should be heard from. Why did Duff quit? Is he lying also? Why did Izzy quit?

I think u have to take the sum of the entire band before u immediately jump to saying This guy is right or this guy is right etc.

Wasn't it made clear (both from Axl and Izzy) that Izzy didn't enjoy touring with Guns?  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I thought I read a while back.  Izzy enjoyed doing his thing and that was that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page