Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework

<< < (77/77)

IKnowWhereIAM:
Quote from: Axl4Prez2004 on December 18, 2008, 08:04:42 PM

Quote from: D on December 18, 2008, 07:50:15 PM

Quote from: Axlative on December 18, 2008, 04:14:01 PM

Quote from: TomFriend on December 18, 2008, 04:01:43 PM

He's saying Slash wrote the riff to Fall To Pieces while he was still in GNR, and when Axl showed interest in it, buried it away. It eventually wound up on Contraband. What's so hard to understand?

Well... the "why?" is not that obvious.

I understood that as part of the "smoke Axl out of GNR campaign" where Slash tried to make it look like Axl had (only) some weird ass industrial vision he wanted to chase. Obviously that wasn't the case and Axl was interested in going with Slash's blues rock stuff. So bringing classic rock stuff to the table wouldn't have suited Slash as it would've proved his allegations false right off the bat.

What was Oh My God then? I think the other members should be heard from. Why did Duff quit? Is he lying also? Why did Izzy quit?

I think u have to take the sum of the entire band before u immediately jump to saying This guy is right or this guy is right etc.

Wasn't it made clear (both from Axl and Izzy) that Izzy didn't enjoy touring with Guns?  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I thought I read a while back.  Izzy enjoyed doing his thing and that was that.

Touring and being sober...but, Izzy was on the Slash train...whatever forces or reasons the band had for hating Axl (Axl claims it was their manager - I think it was the $$ - Axl was getting 41%, etc) Izzy was just as guilty...he had some pretty harsh things to say over the years, as did Axl, and I would be more interested in hearing how Axl and Izzy kissed and made up than rehashing the 'failure' of old guns.

The Catcher:
Think he will be back here before new year's? Here's to hoping! :-\

lynn1961:
Quote from: axl4ever on December 17, 2008, 11:24:41 PM

I think that since of the others have backed up Slash's version of what happened it's hard for many to believe Axl at this point.  I think there was more than one person involved and many other people who said their two cents outside of the core.  It's like this basically, unless you could get everyone involved in one room and say their what their views or believes were at the time, everyone will take a side.  I'm at the point that it doesn't really matter.  Others are doing their thing and Axl's doing his so it's music being put out all around.  Be happy that there is a new GNR record along with the other music that has been put out.  The "original" GNR is not coming back and if they did by chance, it won't be for a very long time.  Let it go and enjoy.

Quote from: sandman on December 18, 2008, 08:07:32 AM

we don't know all the details. we don't know what it was like to work with Slash when he was all fucked up on drugs.

and we don't know how it feels to be part of a band that goes on late and walks off stage/cancels shows at times.

Axl may have been frustrated with Slash's drug use and lock of motivation to take the band to the next level.

Slash may have been frustrated about Axl going on late, Axl including a Manson song on the SI without the rest of the bands approval, and having Tobias play on sympathy for the devil without his consent.

I thought these were a couple of very good posts. 

That's right.  There were a lot of frustrations and blaming, by all.       

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page