Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:54:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  'Sober House' Featuring Steven Adler To Premiere Next Month
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Sober House' Featuring Steven Adler To Premiere Next Month  (Read 47507 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 19, 2008, 09:22:18 PM »

'Sober House' Featuring STEVEN ADLER To Premiere Next Month - Dec. 19, 2008

At the end of the first season of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew", each cast member was given the opportunity to spend three months living in a sober house as they transitioned from a rehab facility to the real world and many of them quietly took advantage of the opportunity. The cast from season two are also being given that same opportunity ... and this time it will be filmed.

"Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober House" is an eight-episode, one hour series that is set to premiere on Thursday, January 15 at 10 p.m. Moving into the "Sober House" will be Rodney King, Nikki McKibbin, former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler and Amber Smith from Season 2 of "Celebrity Rehab", Seth "Shifty" Binzer and Mary Carey from Season 1 and comedian Andy Dick who will join the show a few episodes in.

Returning from "Celebrity Rehab" to help Dr. Drew in the "Sober House" is counselor Bob Forrest and program assistant, William Smith. Joining them will be resident "house mother," Jennifer Gimenez, who has battled her own drug and alcohol demons. Jennifer, an actress in her own right who has starred in such films as "Blow" and "Vanilla Sky", will live at "Sober House" to keep everyone on the clean and sober path to a healthy and successful life.

For two seasons, "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" chronicled celebrity patients as they underwent an intensive 21-day detoxification and rehab program through group and one-on-one therapies as well as non-traditional therapies like art and music.

"Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober House" will chronicle the dramatic, unscripted experiences of a group of celebrity addicts as they make the transition back into the real world full of the people and things that once led them into a life of addiction. The sober living house is an interim step on the path to sobriety where addicts can live in a supervised sober environment with structure and rules, i.e. mandatory curfews, chores and meetings. It's a place where addicts, most of which have spent the better part of their life in the throes of an addiction will learn how to essentially start their lives over from the ground up. In some cases, the addicts change everything from their jobs to their friends and for some they make the very difficult decision to eliminate the people they love who are toxic to their sobriety.

Throughout the course of their stay, the "Sober House" cast members will have the opportunity to meet with Dr. Drew in both one-on-one and group sessions in an effort to understand and advance their experience to its fullest potential. Although not living at the house, Dr. Drew and his staff will keep a watchful eye over all that goes on.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=111192

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 09:18:10 PM »

Well, I for one, plan to watch it.......

I never watched Celeb Rehab before this season, and probably would have no interest in this either, except for Steven.    hihi   But, seriously...I plan to watch it just because of that. 
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 11:07:11 PM »

I'll watch anything with any members of GN'R in it.... crazy huh?  Grin
jeffaz02t
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 12:33:25 AM »

I just hope the best for Steven. Drugs are a bitch... They help create some of the greatest art, and help kill some of the greatest artists... Fucked up cycle Rock and Roll has going on there eh?

no
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 10:45:04 AM »

I'll watch anything with any members of GN'R in it.... crazy huh?  Grin
Dam right man cant wait to see it

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pine Barrens
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 02:28:06 AM »

I keep rooting for Steven. All the GN'R crap aside, he seems like he could be a really cool and fun guy if he could get off the drugs and get some real therapy for his childhood/mother-related issues.

But yeah, I watch Celebrity Rehab, it just completely fascinates me, and I never watch any kind of celeb reality show. I've always enjoyed Dr. Drew's radio show and of course Loveline, so I checked it out mostly becuase of that, but soon realized that the show definitely has its merits and geunine qualities. And just when you thought Gary Busey couldn't get crazier... he did.

And now we get Andy Dick in Sober House. Oh dear. I don't think I have ever seen that dude in a true sincere moment ever. Should be interesting.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 02:30:58 AM by Pine Barrens » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 03:48:59 AM »

Saw steven on Youtube doing Mr Brownstone. Fuck that was great to hear.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 05:29:28 AM »

I keep rooting for Steven. All the GN'R crap aside, he seems like he could be a really cool and fun guy if he could get off the drugs and get some real therapy for his childhood/mother-related issues.

But yeah, I watch Celebrity Rehab, it just completely fascinates me, and I never watch any kind of celeb reality show. I've always enjoyed Dr. Drew's radio show and of course Loveline, so I checked it out mostly becuase of that, but soon realized that the show definitely has its merits and geunine qualities. And just when you thought Gary Busey couldn't get crazier... he did.

And now we get Andy Dick in Sober House. Oh dear. I don't think I have ever seen that dude in a true sincere moment ever. Should be interesting.

Fuck me too. I got way caught up in the show and look forward to sober house. The shit captivates me. I guess because it amazes me that marijuana isn't enough for some people. So green, and sweet and yummy. Mmmmm ... I like getting high to the show too. Is that weird?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 01:00:37 PM »

Fuck me too. I got way caught up in the show and look forward to sober house. The shit captivates me. I guess because it amazes me that marijuana isn't enough for some people. So green, and sweet and yummy. Mmmmm ... I like getting high to the show too. Is that weird?
If thats what makes you happy, I say do it!!!! yes

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 09:31:52 PM »

Wasn't Sober House filmed before Steven's latest arrest? He was even high in one of the VH1 promos for the upcoming show. Either way, hope he can get his act together.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 10:30:10 AM »

Wasn't Sober House filmed before Steven's latest arrest? He was even high in one of the VH1 promos for the upcoming show. Either way, hope he can get his act together.

**POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT**

I'm pretty sure Steven's last arrest came while he was at Sober House and they sent him packing.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pine Barrens
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 10:44:40 AM »

**POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT**

I'm pretty sure Steven's last arrest came while he was at Sober House and they sent him packing.

Again POSSIBLE SOBER HOUSE SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

Yes, I believe you are right. When they announced Steven was gonna be on Celebrity Rehab, the first thing I remember thinking was "well, I know he doesn't stay sober since he was arrested for possession of Heroin late last summer", and then when he went to Sober Living I started thinking that we might actually see his arrest, as the timing seemed to coincide. As to what happened after that (with Steven's sobriety), I guess we'll have to wait and see if they mention anything on the show.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 02:47:41 PM »

*SOBER HOUSE SPOILER BELOW*

The show premiers tonight and Steven shows up to "Sober House" carrying heroin and claiming he has not worn the pants in 10 years and then he throws up...both are on the audio from The Howard Stern Show below:

It wasn't enough for the participants of "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" to spend time in the clinic. Now they try out their new sobriety in the next step of the process, a group home called "Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober Living" (VH1, 10 p.m.) that includes people from the first season, such as Mary Carey and those from the recently completed second season, such as ex-Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler who enters the facility carrying heroin, pleading that he hadn't wore those pants in 10 years.

A clip from The Howard Stern Show, previewing the audio from a portion of a new Dr. Drew TV show called "Sober House."

Steven Adler on Sober House

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvy-lM0J9E8

Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 04:13:33 PM »

[
*SOBER HOUSE SPOILER BELOW*

The show premiers tonight and Steven shows up to "Sober House" carrying heroin and claiming he has not worn the pants in 10 years and then he throws up...both are on the audio from The Howard Stern Show below:

It wasn't enough for the participants of "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" to spend time in the clinic. Now they try out their new sobriety in the next step of the process, a group home called "Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober Living" (VH1, 10 p.m.) that includes people from the first season, such as Mary Carey and those from the recently completed second season, such as ex-Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler who enters the facility carrying heroin, pleading that he hadn't wore those pants in 10 years.

A clip from The Howard Stern Show, previewing the audio from a portion of a new Dr. Drew TV show called "Sober House."

Steven Adler on Sober House

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvy-lM0J9E8

At this point, I don't know if he'll ever stay clean. Its a real sad story Embarrassed
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Drummer STEVEN ADLER To Guest On Tonight's 'Loveline' - Jan. 15, 2009

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler will be the featured guest on tonight's (Thursday, January 15) edition of the nationally syndicated "Loveline" radio show with hosts Stryker and Dr. Drew Pinsky.

For more information, visit LovelineShow.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=112548

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »

The first episode is now on VH1...I could have missed the "Steven gets sick" scene.  Tongue

(The different scenes are on the right)

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1602773&vid=332335

y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 08:15:10 PM »

I'm gonna  watch this. I've never watched it before. It's only really cause Steven's in it

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »

Wow.  Adler is worse than I imagined.  He looks like the walking dead in that episode.  It never ceases to amaze me how f--ked up people can really be.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Pine Barrens
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 04:18:03 AM »

Very sad, indeed. I was rooting for him during Celebrity Rehab and it would be great of he was able to kick his habit, but the guy has a life-long addiction to overcome. Before Celeb Rehab, he had only had 3 days of sobriety since he was a young teenager, so he's obviously got a long way to go. Still, I've seen it before, and people in his condition with such a heavy addiction, it's going to be tough, if at all possible. Also, the guy is in dire need of exhaustive therapy in order to get his mind off of the pipe dreams that keep depressing him as they will never come true.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 01:33:23 PM »

Very sad, indeed. I was rooting for him during Celebrity Rehab and it would be great of he was able to kick his habit, but the guy has a life-long addiction to overcome. Before Celeb Rehab, he had only had 3 days of sobriety since he was a young teenager, so he's obviously got a long way to go. Still, I've seen it before, and people in his condition with such a heavy addiction, it's going to be tough, if at all possible. Also, the guy is in dire need of exhaustive therapy in order to get his mind off of the pipe dreams that keep depressing him as they will never come true.
He needs a real Dr., not some fame/$$ driven celeb-ologist, to climb in his ass and babysit him, or he will kill himself, plain and simple.   Perhaps another reality show would help.  confused

I think 'Survivor - junkies in paradise' would make a great show.  Put Steve and a bunch of junkies on a deserted island, and film their struggle to survive, and build a boat to get them home...like Gilligans' Island with heroin withdrawl. 

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: