Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:55:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227783 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  'Sober House' Featuring Steven Adler To Premiere Next Month
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Sober House' Featuring Steven Adler To Premiere Next Month  (Read 47716 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 19, 2008, 09:22:18 PM »

'Sober House' Featuring STEVEN ADLER To Premiere Next Month - Dec. 19, 2008

At the end of the first season of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew", each cast member was given the opportunity to spend three months living in a sober house as they transitioned from a rehab facility to the real world and many of them quietly took advantage of the opportunity. The cast from season two are also being given that same opportunity ... and this time it will be filmed.

"Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober House" is an eight-episode, one hour series that is set to premiere on Thursday, January 15 at 10 p.m. Moving into the "Sober House" will be Rodney King, Nikki McKibbin, former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler and Amber Smith from Season 2 of "Celebrity Rehab", Seth "Shifty" Binzer and Mary Carey from Season 1 and comedian Andy Dick who will join the show a few episodes in.

Returning from "Celebrity Rehab" to help Dr. Drew in the "Sober House" is counselor Bob Forrest and program assistant, William Smith. Joining them will be resident "house mother," Jennifer Gimenez, who has battled her own drug and alcohol demons. Jennifer, an actress in her own right who has starred in such films as "Blow" and "Vanilla Sky", will live at "Sober House" to keep everyone on the clean and sober path to a healthy and successful life.

For two seasons, "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" chronicled celebrity patients as they underwent an intensive 21-day detoxification and rehab program through group and one-on-one therapies as well as non-traditional therapies like art and music.

"Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober House" will chronicle the dramatic, unscripted experiences of a group of celebrity addicts as they make the transition back into the real world full of the people and things that once led them into a life of addiction. The sober living house is an interim step on the path to sobriety where addicts can live in a supervised sober environment with structure and rules, i.e. mandatory curfews, chores and meetings. It's a place where addicts, most of which have spent the better part of their life in the throes of an addiction will learn how to essentially start their lives over from the ground up. In some cases, the addicts change everything from their jobs to their friends and for some they make the very difficult decision to eliminate the people they love who are toxic to their sobriety.

Throughout the course of their stay, the "Sober House" cast members will have the opportunity to meet with Dr. Drew in both one-on-one and group sessions in an effort to understand and advance their experience to its fullest potential. Although not living at the house, Dr. Drew and his staff will keep a watchful eye over all that goes on.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=111192

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 09:18:10 PM »

Well, I for one, plan to watch it.......

I never watched Celeb Rehab before this season, and probably would have no interest in this either, except for Steven.    hihi   But, seriously...I plan to watch it just because of that. 
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 11:07:11 PM »

I'll watch anything with any members of GN'R in it.... crazy huh?  Grin
jeffaz02t
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 12:33:25 AM »

I just hope the best for Steven. Drugs are a bitch... They help create some of the greatest art, and help kill some of the greatest artists... Fucked up cycle Rock and Roll has going on there eh?

no
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 10:45:04 AM »

I'll watch anything with any members of GN'R in it.... crazy huh?  Grin
Dam right man cant wait to see it

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pine Barrens
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 02:28:06 AM »

I keep rooting for Steven. All the GN'R crap aside, he seems like he could be a really cool and fun guy if he could get off the drugs and get some real therapy for his childhood/mother-related issues.

But yeah, I watch Celebrity Rehab, it just completely fascinates me, and I never watch any kind of celeb reality show. I've always enjoyed Dr. Drew's radio show and of course Loveline, so I checked it out mostly becuase of that, but soon realized that the show definitely has its merits and geunine qualities. And just when you thought Gary Busey couldn't get crazier... he did.

And now we get Andy Dick in Sober House. Oh dear. I don't think I have ever seen that dude in a true sincere moment ever. Should be interesting.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 02:30:58 AM by Pine Barrens » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 03:48:59 AM »

Saw steven on Youtube doing Mr Brownstone. Fuck that was great to hear.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 05:29:28 AM »

I keep rooting for Steven. All the GN'R crap aside, he seems like he could be a really cool and fun guy if he could get off the drugs and get some real therapy for his childhood/mother-related issues.

But yeah, I watch Celebrity Rehab, it just completely fascinates me, and I never watch any kind of celeb reality show. I've always enjoyed Dr. Drew's radio show and of course Loveline, so I checked it out mostly becuase of that, but soon realized that the show definitely has its merits and geunine qualities. And just when you thought Gary Busey couldn't get crazier... he did.

And now we get Andy Dick in Sober House. Oh dear. I don't think I have ever seen that dude in a true sincere moment ever. Should be interesting.

Fuck me too. I got way caught up in the show and look forward to sober house. The shit captivates me. I guess because it amazes me that marijuana isn't enough for some people. So green, and sweet and yummy. Mmmmm ... I like getting high to the show too. Is that weird?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 01:00:37 PM »

Fuck me too. I got way caught up in the show and look forward to sober house. The shit captivates me. I guess because it amazes me that marijuana isn't enough for some people. So green, and sweet and yummy. Mmmmm ... I like getting high to the show too. Is that weird?
If thats what makes you happy, I say do it!!!! yes

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 09:31:52 PM »

Wasn't Sober House filmed before Steven's latest arrest? He was even high in one of the VH1 promos for the upcoming show. Either way, hope he can get his act together.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 10:30:10 AM »

Wasn't Sober House filmed before Steven's latest arrest? He was even high in one of the VH1 promos for the upcoming show. Either way, hope he can get his act together.

**POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT**

I'm pretty sure Steven's last arrest came while he was at Sober House and they sent him packing.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pine Barrens
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 10:44:40 AM »

**POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT**

I'm pretty sure Steven's last arrest came while he was at Sober House and they sent him packing.

Again POSSIBLE SOBER HOUSE SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

Yes, I believe you are right. When they announced Steven was gonna be on Celebrity Rehab, the first thing I remember thinking was "well, I know he doesn't stay sober since he was arrested for possession of Heroin late last summer", and then when he went to Sober Living I started thinking that we might actually see his arrest, as the timing seemed to coincide. As to what happened after that (with Steven's sobriety), I guess we'll have to wait and see if they mention anything on the show.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 02:47:41 PM »

*SOBER HOUSE SPOILER BELOW*

The show premiers tonight and Steven shows up to "Sober House" carrying heroin and claiming he has not worn the pants in 10 years and then he throws up...both are on the audio from The Howard Stern Show below:

It wasn't enough for the participants of "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" to spend time in the clinic. Now they try out their new sobriety in the next step of the process, a group home called "Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober Living" (VH1, 10 p.m.) that includes people from the first season, such as Mary Carey and those from the recently completed second season, such as ex-Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler who enters the facility carrying heroin, pleading that he hadn't wore those pants in 10 years.

A clip from The Howard Stern Show, previewing the audio from a portion of a new Dr. Drew TV show called "Sober House."

Steven Adler on Sober House

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvy-lM0J9E8

Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 04:13:33 PM »

[
*SOBER HOUSE SPOILER BELOW*

The show premiers tonight and Steven shows up to "Sober House" carrying heroin and claiming he has not worn the pants in 10 years and then he throws up...both are on the audio from The Howard Stern Show below:

It wasn't enough for the participants of "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" to spend time in the clinic. Now they try out their new sobriety in the next step of the process, a group home called "Celebrity Rehab Presents Sober Living" (VH1, 10 p.m.) that includes people from the first season, such as Mary Carey and those from the recently completed second season, such as ex-Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler who enters the facility carrying heroin, pleading that he hadn't wore those pants in 10 years.

A clip from The Howard Stern Show, previewing the audio from a portion of a new Dr. Drew TV show called "Sober House."

Steven Adler on Sober House

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvy-lM0J9E8

At this point, I don't know if he'll ever stay clean. Its a real sad story Embarrassed
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Drummer STEVEN ADLER To Guest On Tonight's 'Loveline' - Jan. 15, 2009

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler will be the featured guest on tonight's (Thursday, January 15) edition of the nationally syndicated "Loveline" radio show with hosts Stryker and Dr. Drew Pinsky.

For more information, visit LovelineShow.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=112548

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »

The first episode is now on VH1...I could have missed the "Steven gets sick" scene.  Tongue

(The different scenes are on the right)

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1602773&vid=332335

y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 08:15:10 PM »

I'm gonna  watch this. I've never watched it before. It's only really cause Steven's in it

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »

Wow.  Adler is worse than I imagined.  He looks like the walking dead in that episode.  It never ceases to amaze me how f--ked up people can really be.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Pine Barrens
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 04:18:03 AM »

Very sad, indeed. I was rooting for him during Celebrity Rehab and it would be great of he was able to kick his habit, but the guy has a life-long addiction to overcome. Before Celeb Rehab, he had only had 3 days of sobriety since he was a young teenager, so he's obviously got a long way to go. Still, I've seen it before, and people in his condition with such a heavy addiction, it's going to be tough, if at all possible. Also, the guy is in dire need of exhaustive therapy in order to get his mind off of the pipe dreams that keep depressing him as they will never come true.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 01:33:23 PM »

Very sad, indeed. I was rooting for him during Celebrity Rehab and it would be great of he was able to kick his habit, but the guy has a life-long addiction to overcome. Before Celeb Rehab, he had only had 3 days of sobriety since he was a young teenager, so he's obviously got a long way to go. Still, I've seen it before, and people in his condition with such a heavy addiction, it's going to be tough, if at all possible. Also, the guy is in dire need of exhaustive therapy in order to get his mind off of the pipe dreams that keep depressing him as they will never come true.
He needs a real Dr., not some fame/$$ driven celeb-ologist, to climb in his ass and babysit him, or he will kill himself, plain and simple.   Perhaps another reality show would help.  confused

I think 'Survivor - junkies in paradise' would make a great show.  Put Steve and a bunch of junkies on a deserted island, and film their struggle to survive, and build a boat to get them home...like Gilligans' Island with heroin withdrawl. 

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 10:26:31 PM »

he is so fucked up... i dont ever see him getting his shit together.    its a non-stop never-ending cycle with him.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 04:26:12 PM »

yea it was sad to see the other night. no

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »

well, that show was done over 6 months ago and I think he has been fine ever since right?

so u never know.

Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 10:52:46 AM »

well, that show was done over 6 months ago and I think he has been fine ever since right?

so u never know.

yea, well all his friends and his wife thought he looked great after Celebrity Rehab and it only took a few days to revert to him old self. If im correct there was only a few day gap between CR and Sober House and he couldnt control his temptations for that short amount of time.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 01:28:34 PM »

Hell i dont know why that bitch called the cops on Steven she could have just call that Dr. again and sent him 2 the hospital

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 04:31:09 PM »

I'm not sure if this has aired yet so it may be a spoiler?

Day 2 of Sober House...

It's day two in the Sober House and the cast is waking up on their first day. The residents have been rattled by last nights events and they gather around the kitchen table and discuss last night's events. Steven Adler arrived the day before with Heroin and needles in his pants. He claimed he had not worn them in 10 years. He was asked to spend the first night at Will's house so he did not infect the other residents. Jenn was NOT going to have drugs in the house. This causes a riff right away between Jenn and Steven. Steven did not hit it off with Jenn.

Steven meets up with Dr Drew for his one on one. Steven says he has not worn the pants that Jenn found the heroin in, in over 10 years. Dr Drew explains that the sober house rules are strict and the house is run by Jenn. Steven is very vocal about his feeling towards Jenn and explains he does not like her. Steven says he get's along with almost everybody, but Jenn "urks" him.

Later the group show up for their first process group since not being under the roof of the PRC. Drew asks them if theye are ok with what happened with Steven. Mary says it made her want to drink. Steve joins the group and continues to express his feelings towards Jenn. Seth comes to Jenn's defense and says that Jenn is sober and is just trying to do her job. Steven says that Jenn is a drug addict like the rest of him and he does not take her seriously. Dr Drew and Bob explain the rules of the sober house and why Sober Living is important during this stage of their recovery and it's also the process that most people miss while struggling to stay sober.

Jenn send everyone food shopping in a hilarious scene. Jenn wants to teach them how to do things on their own. Some of the cast have never been in a grocery store. The cast basically takes over the market and and cause chaos shopping.

Back at the house, since the house is on lockdown for the first 3 days, Jenn decided to throw a a BBQ for the residents. That way they can bring their loved ones and friends up to the house. The BBQ goes from a good idea to a bad on very fast. Mary's boyfriends and followers do not respect the rules or Jenn and their is an ugly confrontation with the actor Tiny Lister. Things continues to get worse when Steven starts to act very strange. Everyone has people at the BBQ and their are way too many people to keep an eye on. Suddenly Steven has a problem with the cameras all over him and gets very angry. He starts yelling at the cameras and his wife Carolina that he is very uncomfortable. Carlolina pulls Bob Forrest a side and is very concerned that Steven is high. This infuriates Steven.

Around 8 pm the power goes out. This is when the night peeks in insanity. Steven is high on heroin and Jenn thinks there is heroin all over the house although nobody has seen him smoke it. Jenn asks everyone at the BBQ to leave except the residents. Jenn talks to Will about searching the entire house for drugs. Since the lights are out, this would be a golden opportunity for someone to be getting high.

Will smells heroin coming from the bathroom door. He pounds on the door and steven comes out shirtless and disorientated. Will demands that he admits to smoking heroin, Steven denies it and is out of control. Will steps into the bathroom and finds Heroin and a heroin pipe caked with recently smoked heroin. He shows this to Jenn. They give Steven choices. He can not stay in the house high, Steven starts calling Jenn awful names is intolerable.For the next several hours we see footage of Steven Adler so out of control on drugs that we feel we are in a drug trip with him

Jenn has no choice but to call his wife Carolina and ask her to pick him up...Carolina says she will get back to her very shortly since it is 4AM in the morning. Mean while Steven is so high, that he is becoming dangerous. This is when Jenn has to make the hardest decision of her life. She has to call 911

The end of the show leaves us in a heart wrenching cliff hanger showing the cops arrive at the Sober house.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 01:37:05 PM »

I thought this was suppose to be "Sober House"...Steven is high and can't find his room-Check out Steven disoriented and confused in the houseno

Sober House Episode 2: Show Clips

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1603330&vid=334760

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 01:42:15 PM »

it just gos to show that everyone has there own wicked demon

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »

At least he gave it a really good effort   Roll Eyes

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 03:29:14 PM »

for some people its harder to recovery from a drug addiction than others, and Steven is one of them, but I have see worst and they are fine now, sometimes human help is not enough, sometimes Drs help isnt enough, sometimes we need Gods Intervention, and I really hope Steven is fine at the time, I heard he gonna start a USA tour soon.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 03:56:56 PM »

for some people its harder to recovery from a drug addiction than others, and Steven is one of them, but I have see worst and they are fine now, sometimes human help is not enough, sometimes Drs help isnt enough, sometimes we need Gods Intervention, and I really hope Steven is fine at the time, I heard he gonna start a USA tour soon.
yeah i heard Steven's suppose to be just fine now it was only a 1 time thing i guess
as for the US tour i cant wait to see it

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 06:24:04 PM »

Sometimes they say you have to hit rock bottom before you straighten out.  Although, I would think you can't get much lower than having a drug induced stroke.  I know it's just a small sample but after watching Steven at his worst in that second episode, I don't hold out much hope for him.  Where'd he find the time to get that beautiful wife of his?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 06:50:45 PM »

[/quote]
yeah i heard Steven's suppose to be just fine now it was only a 1 time thing i guess
as for the US tour i cant wait to see it
[/quote]

Steven has been to rehab too many times to count, so this is not a 1 time thing.  Additionally, after Sober House he went to two more rehabs.  Now, going out on the road again, all of his enablers will be there with him, too bad. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 11:04:02 PM »

On a side note, not related to Steven, how ridiculous was that Tiny Lister character?  The man was 10 times the size of an average man with muscles to match and he tried to start a fight with the house MOM.  What the F is his deal?  Was he serious?  That man deserves a serious beatdown for even contemplating such a thing.  Of course, I'm not sure who could deliver that beatdown.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 11:10:50 PM »

On a side note, not related to Steven, how ridiculous was that Tiny Lister character?  The man was 10 times the size of an average man with muscles to match and he tried to start a fight with the house MOM.  What the F is his deal?  Was he serious?  That man deserves a serious beatdown for even contemplating such a thing.  Of course, I'm not sure who could deliver that beatdown.

This guy can: hihi

Pine Barrens
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2009, 03:00:31 AM »

I've been saying for a long time that I am rooting Steven, and I still am. Anyone who suffers from addiction, I wish you nothing but the best and recovery. But after watching sober house I can honestly say I am not surprised that people cut addicts out of their lives. If that's what Steven was like while in GN'R, then no wonder he couldn't be a functional part of the band. Too bad. The dude seems like a cool person when off drugs (as he was on the Celeb Rehab show, for the most part), but his junkie persona is fucking pathetic and extremely offensive.

It's sad to see what drugs can do to good, talented people.

And this Tiny dude, what an asshole. Getting all tough with a woman. Pathetic.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 05:21:10 PM »

Really rooting for him, just finished watching the second episode and it's really sad to see this kind of shit happen to him, let alone anyone. The Tiny Guy, I've seen him in a bunch of movies -- recently The Dark Knight, he throws the detonator out the window on the boat.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2009, 06:36:36 PM »

this is so f'n sad and messed up. I hope he realizes one day what he's doing and gets back to normal.  no wonder why no one in GNR really hangs out with him anymore.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2009, 01:47:21 PM »

Sometimes they say you have to hit rock bottom before you straighten out.  Although, I would think you can't get much lower than having a drug induced stroke.  I know it's just a small sample but after watching Steven at his worst in that second episode, I don't hold out much hope for him.  Where'd he find the time to get that beautiful wife of his?

Yeah its like the same kind of shit that happened with Slash man he was told when he got the pasemaker he would only have a little more time left to live but now hes livin a good life that i dont think will end soon and the same for Steven

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2009, 10:25:39 AM »

**SPOILER**

So this is his last show?

About Episode 103

It's only the second night in the Sober House, and Steven was caught using heroin again. Steven is giving the choice to either go to Las Encinas, or be arrested. After refusing to go to Las Encinas with Will, Jennifer has no other choice but to call the police who show up and arrest Steven for possession. The next morning, while some of the cast members are discussing what happened, Bob and Steven's friends and wife meet at the court house where an bail bondsman, Dan Nesser, arrives to bail Steven out. But only on one condition, that Steven goes straight to Las Encinas, or back to jail.

Steven is now released from jail and leaves with Dan Nesser to head straight to Las Encinas. Back at the sober house, Jennifer worries the others won't understand the decision she had to make and has a meeting with them to try and explain. And later in group process, Amber and Nikki reveal that they weren't to happy about the decision Jennifer made. But Dr. Drew lets them know that the decision Jennifer made was in Steven's best interest.

As the cast returns from the process group, Jennifer is feeling very conflicted. But Will does pull her aside to explain to her that she did do the right thing with the Steven situation. And despite all the chaos thats been happening, life goes on as day four hits, which is the first day everyone is free to go out. And now the cast goes out and starts looking for jobs. Amber has an interview at a tea shop, and Seth has his interview with an old friend named Cheryl at a jewelry shop called, Royal Order in Beverly Hills.

Now that the members of the house have been set free, they all start to contemplate what club they're going to hit up. Will is against them going out. Meanwhile, Mary's boyfriend/manager, David Weintraub, shows up to the sober house to visit Mary. And Jennifer doesn't feel that it's a good idea for David to be there as he jokes around and encourages them to go out. Dr. Drew is also concerned about Mary being around David because he does not seem to respect her sobriety. Regardless, David and Mary leave the house for the day and immediately Mary is triggered to want to drink.

Everyone heads out to hit the hot spots of L.A. All except Rodney, who decides to just have a dinner with Jennifer and Will because he feels it's too soon for him to go into a club. Meanwhile, the others party it up at Les Deux. And all Mary Carey can do is think about how much better it would be if she was drinking. In the midst of their fun, Seth slips out and heads off to another club. As the others leave to head back home, they try to get a hold of Seth and have no luck. Back at the house, they immediately inform Jennifer about Seth's disappearance. As curfew rolls around, Mary receives a call from Seth that cuts off which leaves the cast worrying about him.

After a mysterious phone call from Seth, Jennifer explains that he is disrespecting the rules in the house and the other members. Mary says that Seth is just in his disease today as he talked about wanting to use all day. And after a bit, Seth arrives back at the house with food in hand and sober. Jennifer and Will explain to him that they were worried about him and he shouldn't have been out so late. Dr Drew says not bad for their first night out, but make no mistake, those temptations will always be there.

Pine Barrens
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2009, 12:38:56 PM »

Sounds like it's his last episode. If I understand the house rules correctly, having the police come and arrest you at the house probably means he's not welcome back as it is not the right environment for him.

In fact, my initial thought when the show started and they introduced everyone, saying they had had a week at home was, "what the fuck?" Why would you let someone like Steven Adler, who's had 3 days of sobriety since age 11, an who had now only been in rehab for 3 weeks (Celeb Rehab stint), go home unsupervised? Any idiot could have told you he would go straight back home and use. He should have been shipped directly to sober living or, and this is my personal belief, he should have continued rehab more extensively. The man wasn't ready, anyone could see that.

Sometimes I wonder about the producers of the show..Are they thinking about their clients' best interest, or are they weighing it against "good TV"? In the beginning of Celeb Rehab I felt it was legit, but after that whole "one week at home" crap, I'm not so sure...

It's a good PSA against drugs, though. 'Cause man, no one wants that life.
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2009, 05:35:54 PM »

No doubt, the first two episodes have made for entertaining television. Thats what VH1 is most concerned about. If they didn't care as much about ratings, then the show wouldn't be starring celebrities, especially those with reckless behaviors i.e. Steven
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 11:06:10 PM »

I was a little surprised that the other participants were so against the decision to call the cops on Steven.  Saying they should've just let him "sleep it off".  Give me a break.  How many chances must one receive?  The guy attempted to get dressed for THREE HOURS, he couldn't find his room for another hour, and he was slapping himself in the head while sitting by the computer.  Yeah, let's just let the man sleep.  Not to mention the verbal abuse he put the staff through and the fact that he brought motherF'ing heroin into a sober environment.  It kind of pissed me off how many people were sticking up for him and against the house mom for making the RIGHT decisions.

Pine Barrens
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 08:27:48 AM »

I agree. And not only that, it was very hypocritical. When Seth showed up at the Rehab center at the end of the last season of Celeb Rehab, he was high as a kite on crack. Everyone freaked out, telling Drew how it made them want to use and how nervous that made them so on... And now you have Steven with his own little heroin stash, and no one seems to mind that he's putting their sobriety in jeopardy?
The house mom made the right decision, the dude needs more help than a sober house can give him. And after seeing those bruises on her legs, Steven's lucky she didn't get him for assualt as well. Here's Jennifer's account of how she got the bruises from (From VH1's website):

Q: "You made reference to it last week, but this week you show the bruises that resulted from your altercation with Steven. How exactly did you get them?

A: Furniture was being thrown and there were drawers and doorknobs to contend with. He had a little table that he lifted and threw. It hit my legs and was pushed against me ? that kind of stuff. It wasn?t like he was swinging at me, it was stuff being shoved while we were just standing there trying to talk reason to him."

And one more thing, it seems last week wasn't Steven's episode, they are having him on this week again, confronting him with a tape of what he did at the house.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 01:54:05 PM »

u guys think they will let Steven Back???

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 03:38:33 PM »

u guys think they will let Steven Back???

yes

without steven, u got no ratings.

pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »

I think because the other members of the house had not been around Steven when he was loaded they didn't understand that he becomes incredibly violent and abusive.  And that was just on "H," you should see him when he's smoking crack - he will pick things up, throw them through windows, against the walls and if you're in the way, too bad.  Try and stop him from using and he'll beat the living shit out of you.   

So, basically, when he is sober he's a nice guy, not the brightest bulb in the pack, but nice.  When he's loaded he becomes a violent, abusive asshole.  Given the amount of time he has spent sober as opposed to loaded, overall I would have to say he is a total asshole. 
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2009, 07:50:15 PM »

I dont think they care too much about the people there, remember they need rating cuz they want to make money with the show and they take advantage of the situation, so im pretty sure they gonna let Steven go back to the house, but I think the house wont help him, sober houses is for people that are already SOBER, not for people that just stop using 24 hours ago.
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 11:44:10 PM »

I dont think they care too much about the people there, remember they need rating cuz they want to make money with the show and they take advantage of the situation, so im pretty sure they gonna let Steven go back to the house, but I think the house wont help him, sober houses is for people that are already SOBER, not for people that just stop using 24 hours ago.

Exactly. He'd be better served in rehab, but hes been through it so many times before.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »

Episode 3 Show Clips

The police arrest Steven
After finding Steven high and in possession of heroin, the police arrest Steven. Watch!

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1603661&vid=336556

**SPOILER**

Episode 4

It's several days after Steven's relapse. He's now completed treatment at Las Encinas and is asking to be allowed to return to the sober house. The other residents debate whether or not they even want Steven back at the house. They eventually come to the conclusion that they do want him back, but they want to make certain that Jennifer is okay with it first. The next day in process group, they share their feelings with Dr. Drew. Dr. Drew sits down with Steven's loved ones to discuss the situation. They've watched Steven's drug use for years but this relapse was it for them. They need him to commit to sobriety once and for all otherwise they won't be there for him.
Dr. Drew makes it known that the only way Steven will be allowed back in the Sober House is if Jennifer, the house mom, allows him to return. Jennifer tells Dr. Drew she feels it's too soon but she is willing to hear what Steven has to say. Dr. Drew wants Steven to truly understand the severity of his actions before he meets with Jennifer, so he shows Steven a video of himself the night he was arrested. After seeing how he behaved when he was high, Steven is visibly shaken and apologizes to his family and friends for all he's put them through. That's not the person he wants to be and this time, he vows to take his sobriety seriously Still, Steven has one more person to convince. And that's Jennifer.
Finally, it's the moment of truth. Steven sits down with Jennifer in an attempt to convince her that he's not going to make the same mistake again. After seeing a piece of herself in Steven and a new side of his personality, she accepts his apology and allows him to come back to the house. That evening, Steven returns to the house and is welcomed back by his fellow residents who are more than willing to give him another chance.
The next day at the sober house brings the announcement that a new person will be joining the group. The residents are initially reluctant to hear the news, particularly Seth who is being asked to share his room. Meanwhile, the new guest Andy Dick, is on his way. By the time Andy arrives at the Sober House, nearly everyone is asleep except Jennifer and Mary who greets him, then heads to bed. Jennifer shows Andy around and the two stay up bonding. The next morning, Andy shares his story with the rest of the groups, many of whom already have a history with him and are quite happy to have them there.
While at lunch, Amber gets a text from a guy she's interested in who invites her to a party. The rest of the house thinks it could be a trigger for her to use and ask her to rethink going alone, but Amber wants a real relationship and the hope of seeing Kip wins out over the threat to her sobriety. Andy notices how nervous Amber is as she heads out to the party and he gives her his number, hoping that she'll call him before she drinks. Amber arrives at the party and is so nervous, she can barely walk in by herself... which is not a good sign.
The party is packed. In short, it's not quite the intimate night Amber was expecting with Kip who instantly leaves her side in favor of joining the fray. Feeling uncomfortable, Amber calls Mary and tries to talk her into joining her at the party, but Mary doesn't think it's a good idea and worries that they wouldn't make it home by curfew. A disappointed Amber holds off as long as she can, then finally succumbs to tthe temptation and relapses on alcohol. While the rest of the house worries whether she'll make it home or not, Amber finally connects with Kip.

Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2009, 06:24:09 PM »

They actually show the new episodes Thursday afternoon before the time slot at night. Steven did apologize after seeing what the drugs did to him, but it only makes me wonder how many times he's said that before.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2009, 06:44:22 PM »

I am not 100 percent sure, but didn't Slash say something in his book about how mischievous and conniving Steven could be? How he was a great bullshitter or something

I know he seemed genuine to them but U could see something in his smile that made me think he was sorta full of shit and wasn't a bit sorry.

Steven though, has been clean for almost half a year now right?

He got arrested in June or so and hasn't been back right?

pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2009, 07:04:39 PM »

Actually, he didn't make his court date in December 2008 because he was in rehab AGAIN and then asked the Judge to sentence him to a State sanctioned rehab AGAIN.  So he got out of rehab right before he did the gig at the Key Club.   hihi
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2009, 09:01:35 PM »

I am not 100 percent sure, but didn't Slash say something in his book about how mischievous and conniving Steven could be? How he was a great bullshitter or something

I know he seemed genuine to them but U could see something in his smile that made me think he was sorta full of shit and wasn't a bit sorry.

Yeah, I saw that too. Like he gets satisfaction out of tricking everybody into thinking hes sorry when really it hurts him more than anything. I saw clips from his court date and he was back to calling the house mom a bitch, so he couldn't have been that apologetic.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2009, 11:53:37 PM »

^^
Episode 4 Show Clips

Steven reacts to seeing his drug binge on tape
Finally sober, Steven watches the tape of his drug binge in the Sober House. Take a look!

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1604398&vid=339104

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »

Yeah, I saw that too. Like he gets satisfaction out of tricking everybody into thinking hes sorry when really it hurts him more than anything. I saw clips from his court date and he was back to calling the house mom a bitch, so he couldn't have been that apologetic.
He's a tried and true addict and he thinks like one.  I'm not saying all addicts are like that, but I think that his addictions make him think the way he does.  Watching these clips is painful, really.   
Principessa
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »

To be fair,

Steven did pass the first stage of Celebrity Rehab. He made the first step and graduated from that program.

Sober House is a harder gig for an addict on recovery.

He is in the real world and in a less safe environment than Celebrity Rehab. There are more temptations out there and it is easier to fall back into bad habits.

...and I Do
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2009, 08:30:45 PM »

Steven's back in this weeks episode, although he's a lot less prominent in this one.  Which is a good thing, for him.  You don't really want to be the star of Sober House who gets the ratings, which he was the first couple episodes.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2009, 12:43:24 PM »

Steven is interviewed prior to the Grammy's, he talks mostly about Sober House:

STEVEN ADLER Interviewed By Chicago's Q101.1 FM; Video Available - Feb. 10, 2009

Original GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler spoke with Ryan Manno of Chicago's Q101.1 FM from the Staples Center in Los Angeles ahead of this past Sunday's Grammy Awards. Watch the four-minute chat below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114094

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 01:55:58 PM »

Steven is interviewed prior to the Grammy's, he talks mostly about Sober House:

STEVEN ADLER Interviewed By Chicago's Q101.1 FM; Video Available - Feb. 10, 2009

Original GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler spoke with Ryan Manno of Chicago's Q101.1 FM from the Staples Center in Los Angeles ahead of this past Sunday's Grammy Awards. Watch the four-minute chat below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114094

dam i cant beleave i didnt hear it

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2009, 03:32:52 PM »

Dr Drew talking to Steven's family

Steven's family meets with Dr. Drew to talk about their feelings since Steven's relapse. Find out how they're feeling!

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1604174&vid=338307

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2009, 01:55:38 PM »

Wow that shit with Seth is crazy stuff hes alive though right

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2009, 10:25:38 AM »

yep, still alive and kicking.  Sad to constantly hear about his issue's though.  Hopefully he can turn a corner.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »

yep, still alive and kicking.  Sad to constantly hear about his issue's though.  Hopefully he can turn a corner.
hay if Steven can apparently do it than Seth at least has a chance eventhough he comein over crack

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2009, 11:24:21 AM »

Steven Adler: Backstage at the 2009 Grammys

Steven tells us about his road to recovery. 

"At my lowest Slash came back into my life and he wouldn't give up on me like everyone else did, and I wanted more than anything to have my friend back.  He's just been such a big help, I love him very much for helping me."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmLp9mALXec

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2009, 01:45:37 PM »

Steven Adler: Backstage at the 2009 Grammys

Steven tells us about his road to recovery. 

"At my lowest Slash came back into my life and he wouldn't give up on me like everyone else did, and I wanted more than anything to have my friend back.  He's just been such a big help, I love him very much for helping me."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmLp9mALXec

i wonder if this happens during Sober House???

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »

Relationships in the news: Steven Adler avoids temptation

There are stories of celebrity violence ,drug and alcohol relapse, arrests ,or DUIs, but here is some good news reported in this story in, IN TOUCH about former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler. According to this article Adler, who was a cast member of the second season of Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, and then appeared again on the spin-off Sober House, was reported to have remained sober during his stay in Las Vegas.

Adler and his band Adler's Appetite, performed on February 21st at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas' Wasted Space.  Reportedly no alcohol was allowed backstage and anyone with alcohol was denied entrance.

Rock 'n' Roll is often synonymous with drug and alcohol abuse and the addict may have a false belief that their popularity and artistry may suffer if they are not staying true to that expected role.The association the addict makes between their substance use and their performance can be a powerful habit to break.  Keeping a drug and alcohol free environment can be a necessary step in supporting a new sober lifestyle.  So kudos to Adler for taking positive steps to support his sobriety.

http://www.examiner.com/x-785-Relationship-Examiner~y2009m2d26-Relationships-in-the-news-Steven-Adler-avoids-temptation

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2009, 11:12:10 AM »

So Steven Adler stayed sober for one night in Las Vegas.  ok

Yeah, I'm cheering for the guy but let's not give him a sobriety badge just yet.

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2009, 08:59:07 PM »

So Steven Adler stayed sober for one night in Las Vegas.  ok

Yeah, I'm cheering for the guy but let's not give him a sobriety badge just yet.
true but stayin sober in Vages dam thats like trying to win a fight with your hand tied behind your back and in Stevens case i bet it was worse

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2009, 04:03:44 PM »

i figured steven would get high sooner or later when he agreed to play with that one former american idol chick cus stevens use to bein high when he plays its that simple

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2009, 06:32:47 PM »

i figured steven would get high sooner or later when he agreed to play with that one former american idol chick cus stevens use to bein high when he plays its that simple
Plus the fact that he's playing with an ex American Idol reject.  That's below even Steven Adler's standards these days.

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2009, 02:24:58 PM »

Plus the fact that he's playing with an ex American Idol reject.  That's below even Steven Adler's standards these days.
well if u want to be cruel about it yeah thats probobly a reason

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: