Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:42:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Buckethead to Tour
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead to Tour  (Read 34780 times)
Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2008, 05:08:55 PM »

More dates have been added

I'll be going to the 10/12 Maryland show, but I don't know if tickets have are on sale yet

Baltimore, Maryland (11/13/2006)
Silver Spring, Maryland (02/23/2012)
Landover, Maryland (06/23/2016)
Rocket Killer
Rocker

Kill Rock & Roll

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2008, 01:40:11 PM »

Does anyone know if Brain is playing with Buckethead's tour?

Baltimore, Maryland (11/13/2006)
Silver Spring, Maryland (02/23/2012)
Landover, Maryland (06/23/2016)
stinkfist
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2008, 02:06:01 PM »

Catching him in St. Pete tonight.  Hopefully it's not sold out. 
World Series is right down the road, so it going to be packed out there.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2008, 01:11:22 AM »

B. B. KING BLUES CLUB & GRILL

237 W. 42nd St. (212-997-4144)?Oct. 31: The Misfits, the pride of Lodi, New Jersey, are a seminal punk-rock outfit whose preoccupation with horror and gore teeters between the campy and the creepy. The current lineup features the former Black Flag member Dez Cadena on vocals. Nov. 1: Best known for his recent fractious stint in Guns N? Roses, the guitar wizard Buckethead (who wears a KFC bucket on his head, as well as a mask and a yellow raincoat) is one of the more compelling and mysterious figures in modern experimental music.

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/events/nightlife/2008/11/03/081103goni_GOAT_nightlife

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2008, 10:28:10 AM »

My husband and I will be seeing him is Seattle on December 31st, front row center seats 3 & 4.  Haven't seen him live before, looking forward to this. Grin

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2008, 11:31:17 AM »

My husband and I will be seeing him is Seattle on December 31st, front row center seats 3 & 4.  Haven't seen him live before, looking forward to this. Grin

its a kick ass show but be prepared to see quite the array of freaks following around "that one guy" hihi

with center seats thought you won't have to try to look past them ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2008, 04:24:07 PM »

Buckethead

Details: 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 16. Clubhouse Music Venue, 1320 E. Broadway Road, Tempe. $20. 480-784-4444, clubhousemusicvenue.com.

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/music/articles/2008/11/11/20081111buckethead.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2008, 12:23:34 PM »

Since I will be seeing "Bucket" this evening, my thought was to take him his own bottle of Dr. Pepper, I think he definately deserves it.  Any input on this idea?

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2008, 02:48:40 PM »

He is definitely deserving.  Axl may have beaten you to it though.  But hey, Bucket deserves all the Dr. Pepper that gets thrown his way.  Have fun, where's he playing?  A New Years Show with Buckethead?  That sounds special.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2008, 03:14:18 PM »

Bucket gets upset when he spots people wearing old-GN'R apparel.

Just a friendly tip.
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2008, 03:47:22 PM »

He is definitely deserving.  Axl may have beaten you to it though.  But hey, Bucket deserves all the Dr. Pepper that gets thrown his way.  Have fun, where's he playing?  A New Years Show with Buckethead?  That sounds special.
I actually bought the tickets for my husbands bday back in Nov, we have been really looking forward to it no doubt, going in style as well, we rented a small limo, it will b nice to not have to deal with the Seattle traffic, parking, and possible theft of our own vehicle.  Anyway he is playing at the Moore Theatre.  Will try to get some pictures to share with everyone.  We are in the front row, so I was thinking it would be fairly easy to get a bottle of Pepper to him, and your right he deserves all he can get.

Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2008, 03:59:13 PM »

Just a friendly tip.
Thank you Smiley Dressing up just a little tonight, I am really not going this evening basing my thoughts strictly around GNR, but rather to enjoy his endless talent, however I thought the Pepper would be a great way to show gratitude for his work on CD.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2008, 04:39:38 PM »

Just a friendly tip.
Thank you Smiley Dressing up just a little tonight, I am really not going this evening basing my thoughts strictly around GNR, but rather to enjoy his endless talent, however I thought the Pepper would be a great way to show gratitude for his work on CD.

Have a wonderful time!

Happy new year!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 01:13:51 PM »

I must say "Buckethead" was genious.  We had a great time!!  Being we were probably only 6 feet away, and even though he wore a mask, he locked his eyes directly with mine on more than one occasion as I sat there in complete awe, probably with my mouth hanging open idk lol.  The music pounded through my whole body and probably gave my heart it's own new rhythm from the time it began until it was over at about 10:50 pm.

The opening band was a orchestra type band from Oregon, with many cello's involved, they were also very excellent, but not what I might have expected, needless to say the audience also enjoyed them, especially the female members, who added a sexy little dance during one of their pieces.

The Moore Theatre was not a large venue, but is one of Seattle's antique theatres, he filled it though, no doubt! Scott and I were probably amoungst a handful of our generation.  Alot of the kids came dressed in costume with their own decorated KFC buckets on their heads and similar white masks, while others around me had flown in from Maryland and Cali. The girls from Maryland reminded me of roadies in a sense, kinda funny gals they were, and yes they brought with them some kind of robot as a gift to Bucket, as did many others.  I had brought my bottle of Dr Pepper I was thinking I may give him, and in telling one of the girls nearby that was my intention, I think she was oblivious to the reason behind my pop gift, as she replied to me "Bucket likes diet pepsi", with that said, I didn't even bother mentioning otherwise.

Near the end of the show, Bucket grabbed a yellow plastic bag, with that people began rushing to the stage and he began handing out all kinds of robot toys and so on to the crowd that raged in front of him, and people in return gave to him.  I did not include myself in this mob of greedy little takers. He also gave away some kind of acoustic guitar and what looked like maybe a kids guitar in a box with a handle on it.  I'm not so sure but I may be right in thinking that he might recycle the gifts he is given back to the fans, but not sure.

It was at this point though I became just a little bit discouraged, as all the people now in front were not returning to their appointed seats, and would remain blocking my front row seats.  With that I just stood up on my seat.  After about 15 minutes of that I got a tap on my back and a girl behind me said "the people behind you can't see", I very politely told her I had paid 250 bucks for my front row seat and I was not sitting down, she just kind of gave me a half smile, I knew she understood regardless and left me alone so that is how I remained for the rest of the show.  I thought I would save my soda for him until the end, but it was just that. The end was the end with no return to the stage, so I simply rolled it onto the stage out of arms reach, twards one of the roadies, and who knows where it may have ended up or who may have enjoyed it.  Needless to say It was the ultimate way to enjoy my New Years Eve, and am already looking forward to my next "Buckethead" experience. 

PS  I was recording parts with my cell, but I'm ding dong when it comes to technology and forgot to save my footage, very disappointed, but do have just a couple of pics I did manage to save, nothing big, but will share later today Smiley.

pss Sounds like my first "Bucket" experience, well it was can u tell, I wrote a book lol Grin

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:45:11 AM by msaxl43 » Logged

DJ_bullet
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2009, 10:37:38 AM »

What!?!?  I missed Buckethead again!? ****
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2009, 04:56:00 AM »

Hes playing BB Kings in Times Square in NY if anyone in interested, May 30th.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »

Hes playing BB Kings in Times Square in NY if anyone in interested, May 30th.

Thanks for the info. I missed him last time he played NYC due to a car accident.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: