Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:17:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Entertainment Weekly Year End List Deleted
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Entertainment Weekly Year End List Deleted  (Read 5190 times)
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: December 23, 2008, 04:03:08 PM »

The only real major entertainment magazine left in the United States puts out a year end list of the best and worst albums and the thread gets deleted? I put in the thread that it was garbage to have Chinese Democracy at number 2 on the worst albums list, but that it was a hell of a blow right during the major holiday shopping season because it's gonna hurt crossover sales and such that an album would get from more casual music fans. No reason at all that thread should have been deleted. Some of us real fans can discuss all the aspects of the band not just the positive reviews, especially when it's a major magazine. I mean good god. What the hell?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 06:38:54 PM »

What do you wanna discuss?

That you agree with that or that you don't?

That the magazine sucks? That only morons read it? That the writers are morons?

That's all very interesting.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 10:29:48 PM »

If CD is on "Worst albums" list, of course it'll get deleted. Jarmo only permits "positive" reviews to be posted here. eek.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 10:34:13 PM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
Pine Barrens
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 07:03:06 AM »

I may not agree with every decision here at HTGTH (but we're all free to leave at any point), but I'm with Jarmo on this one. It's kind of pointless to post something negative. In my opinion, it's not what a fan forum should be about. I actually expect to come here and find positive reviews and posts about GN'R. I am a GN'R fan and I hear enough negative pointless crap from people for that reason alone. If I wanted to read negative things about GN'R, I'd visit Offpsring or Foo Fighters' various forums, but here I like the fact that I am surrounded by (mostly) likeminded and positive GN'R fans.

ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 11:36:18 AM »

Ahhh now I can see why that stupied music critic thread was deleted. I'd thought we could keep it and laugh at the guys horrible shitty taste in music.  lol.
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 01:49:33 PM »

Come on Jarmo, I've been a GNR fan since 1987 and see no reason any real fan wouldn't want to know all the news about the band, including reviews of the album from major magazines whether there postive or not, especially year end lists. Of course, the critics review thread was deleted as well which again makes no sense, so one has to wonder what the hell is really going on here with all this deleting of threads that just post info, reviews or news about the band? Why not let the fans have all the news/reviews (not talking about lies or fake news stories) and let the fans discuss them? To be fair Jarmo I have to admit that the fanbase is quite divided (forget the general public, but long time fans aren't buying the new album as well) and everything wouldn't be all positive, but at least the discussion would really reflect what is going on.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:51:16 PM by irishtwilight » Logged
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 02:55:56 PM »

If it's constructive criticism then yes, but not in this case. This was anything but constructive lol.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 08:46:29 PM »

We really don't need to waste our time reading garbage stories written by journalists who have an agenda against Axl, Chinese Democracy, and Guns N' Roses.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 09:43:27 AM »

worst albums

Is it just me or is the premise of such a list entirely retarded in music-journalism?

People's taste is subjective.
You could have it rated to sound quality and do a list of worst album or something like that, bit this... Roll Eyes

Edit: No, you couldn't even have it rated to sound quality as a lot of artist and listeners enjoys music where some of the charracteristics being a low fidelity production amongst other things.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 09:50:37 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 10:15:59 AM »

any publication with the Jonas Bros at the top sucks dick. Are they serious? the fucking Jonas Bros? hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 09:55:05 PM »

any publication with the Jonas Bros at the top sucks dick. Are they serious? the fucking Jonas Bros? hihi

Something I find intresting is how a lot of media outlets are losing integrity and credibillity.

At the same time independent outlets similar to HTGTH seems to be more relevant for the music fans, even for the artists.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 12:57:36 PM »

I'm not gonna attack and call every person or media outlet full of shit or horrible if they don't like Chinese Democracy. When they have just horrible shit like that though at the top of their lists and hate CD, it makes me super happy that they hate CD because if they think that is great, I am happy they don't like CD.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 10:10:14 PM »

We really don't need to waste our time reading garbage stories written by journalists who have an agenda against Axl, Chinese Democracy, and Guns N' Roses.
Dam right they can just go Fuck themselfs cus honestly if u hate Axl of fuck anyone of the Gunners Past or Present than u have no buisness even talkin bout GNR

O yeah and to all the Hatters i hope u find your untimely end vary soon

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 04:46:40 AM »

This is actually one of the reasons why too little is happening with this record.  The media gives the writers the vehicle to express opinions of course, but they also expect to hear about it if people don't agree.

I don't visit the Admin forum much (and wasn't around when the original was first posted), so this is the first I'm hearing that the article even existed with CD on it.  Its too late for my protest note to mean fuck all anymore, old issue, old news, they don't care.  I can guarantee that many fans were deprived of a chance to make their voices heard because of these badly misplaced 'protectionism' antics.  Pro0active would have been far more effective.

This board is the perfect vehicle for rallying the troops for some street-level promotion.   Bet your booties the fans of the other nine 'worst' slots were kicking up a fuss.   Actually, I haven't seen much fan promotion from the board at all.  The Admins can take some of the blame being heaped on the label.   Sad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: