Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:18:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler's Appetite To Embark On First Full U.S. Tour
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler's Appetite To Embark On First Full U.S. Tour  (Read 78907 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2009, 01:00:46 AM »

He was just speaking in general, Slash told him better off not to answer questions about Axl.

I just listened to it and you are right.  He is not answering "does Axl still have money"  he says when he is asked the question about Axl "I asked Slash for advice on these answers about Axl, I'll just say it's best left unsaid."

Meaning all questions asked about Axl.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2009, 09:45:47 AM »

Steven Adler on The Opie & Anthony Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBzKQkI9wck

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2009, 02:47:36 PM »

Steven Adler: Back from the brink and ready to rock

By Steve Wildsmith

March 12. 2009 12:50PM

His drumming helped propel "Appetite for Destruction," the 1987 album by Guns N' Roses, to not only become the highest-selling debut in history, but to sell, over the past 22 years, more than 18 million copies.

But it's only in the last six months has Steven Adler been able to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

Sure, he's received financial compensation for the five years he spent behind the kit for what, at the time, was billed as "the most dangerous rock band in the world." He's even parlayed his success into a touring band that relies heavily on G n' R covers -- Adler's Appetite, which performs Sunday night at Big Mama's Karaoke Café in Seymour.

But after a two-decade battle with addiction, Adler has managed to put together six months of clean time, he told The Daily Times this week -- and that makes the past six months a rebirth of sorts.

"Making it one day is a long time, and I've made it, like, six months," he said, voice filled with jubilation and the enthusiasm of newfound sobriety. "The last time I did anything goofy like that was on the show ("Sober House," a VH-1 reality show spin-off of "Celebrity Rehab," both of which featured Adler), when I got arrested (last summer). I've been so lucky, and I've got a great team of people around me; I've got my best friend Slash back in my life; and I'm happier than ever.

"It's like I'm seeing things for the first time. To have survived everything I went through -- a stroke, the band -- and get a second chance at life, it's crazy. And I'm so grateful I did those two shows. As much as I despised rehab and the whole AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) crap, it works!"

Born in Cleveland, Adler moved to Los Angeles as a kid. At the age of 12, he met future Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash while the two were skateboarding, and they quickly bonded. Deciding to form a band, they started out as Road Crew, picking up bassist Duff McKagan before joining up with guitarist Izzy Stradlin and infamous frontman Axl Rose. This "classic" lineup would go on to record "Appetite for Destruction," which was released in 1987.

The monumental success, however, contributed to Adler's meteoric fall. He missed part of the band's 1987 tour after punching a streetlight when drunk; in 1989, he missed out on an American Music Awards performance while in rehab. In 1990, during recording sessions for the song "Civil War" (which later wound up on the second volume of G n' R's "Use Your Illusion" project), his drug use was so debilitating that he had to record the drum tracks several dozen times before the band could even edit it down to something usable.

Shortly thereafter, he was fired; a subsequent lawsuit awarded him with a couple of million dollars and 15 percent of the royalties for the band's work during the time he was a member. For the next several years, however, that was the height of his success. He formed the first version of Adler's Appetite in 2003 and circled the outer rim of G n' R's fame -- playing with European cover bands and reuniting with a couple of his old Guns bandmates for a one-off performance two years ago -- but he never achieved the same level of fame.

His personal life was a train wreck as well -- in 1996, he suffered that aforementioned stroke; a second stroke would leave him with a minor speech impediment. Last summer, he agreed to battle his addiction publicly and was a member of the second season of "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew," a show filmed at Pasadena Recovery Center with Dr. Drew Pinsky as the lead therapist.

"The first time they asked me to do it, I wasn't ready, so I turned it down," Adler said. "When they asked me to take part in the second season, I felt different about things. I was a little older and wiser, and I didn't want to go through all of that crap again, so I let myself give them an opportunity to help me.

"I just wanted to give myself a chance to get better than I was yesterday. That first few weeks were the toughest, because once the drugs wear off, all of the emotions come out. The hardest part to get through was that first month."

Adler also agreed to participate in "Sober House," a reality show that follows the "Celebrity Rehab" clients as they transition into a halfway house. Although filmed last summer, it didn't premiere until January, and in the third episode, Adler was discovered in possession of heroin and kicked out. That, he said, was the last time he used. He's faced some legal problems earlier this year for failing to complete community service, but he's been clean, he said, since the "Sober House" incident -- and he's still in touch with Pinsky and the show's other counselors.

"Going into the show, I was doing it to take care of myself, and it just worked out that I was inspiring to people -- at least that's what a lot of them have told me," he said. "I'm so thankful to Dr. Drew and all of those people. The cast was insane, but the doctors had it together, and I still keep in touch with them. I still have their love and support."

Another relationship he's been able to repair is that with his old friend and bandmate, Slash. Both are estranged from Rose, who now owns the Guns N' Roses name and released a 14-years-in-the-making album late last year, but Slash's own sobriety -- he kicked a notorious alcohol problem four years ago -- has been an inspiration, Adler added.

"We started together, and I thought we were going to end our lives apart because of what happened, but our friendship is stronger than ever," he said. "If you read his book ("Slash"), you'll see where me and him come from. It's wonderful just talking to him and working with him again."

He's done some recording with his old friend, Adler said, and there are other projects on the horizon -- his own autobiography, due in January; a how-to DVD for beginning drummers; and touring with Adler's Appetite, which focuses on the hits he contributed to as part of G n' R.

"It feels like the record just came out!" he said with a laugh. "The fans are still singing along, and it's such a fun time. I'm having the best time of my life."

And what of his old band? He's heard one song off of "Chinese Democracy," the new Guns N' Roses album. Or, at least he thinks he has.

"It sounded pretty good -- there was something in there about blood, that's all I can remember," he said. "God bless Axl Rose. I still love him and all those guys, so God bless him -- God or Satan, whichever one is dealing with him these days. Let's just leave it at that."

http://www.thedailytimes.com/article/20090312/ENT/303129960

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2009, 09:21:33 PM »

From Eddie Trunk...

Great response to a huge Eddie Trunk Live on Sirius/XM this past Monday. Steven Adler was a great guest and talked with us for almost 2 hours. Good to see Chip Z.nuff also. Biggest moment came when I managed to get Slash to call in live from a studio where he was with Kid Rock live on air. Really cool moment. Slash is a solid guy and always comes through for me when I call on him, which I greatly appreciate. Hope Adler stays healthy, he is a good dude.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2009, 09:51:56 PM »

so i got two things from these articles

Kid Rock is going to be on Slash's solo album

Steven is going to play drums on a song or so on slash's album

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2009, 11:42:12 AM »

Steven Adler Exclusive Interview on The Howard Stern Show March 10, 2009- Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIHrclwChDc

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPxKShjfhs0

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2009, 02:07:15 PM »

Steven Adler Exclusive Interview on The Howard Stern Show March 10, 2009- Part 1:

"I wasn't even doing the hard hard drugs that they were doing until after they kicked me out" - Steve Adler March 2009.

He was on an opiate blocker when they tried recording Civil War with him.

As far as I know, that's not used against coffee drinking problems.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2009, 08:39:27 AM »

Got to admit that the guy looks quite healthy tho. I mean, compared to what we're used to...

But yeah, why he can't take at least some of the blame himself is a mystery to me....

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2009, 01:19:14 PM »

"I wasn't even doing the hard hard drugs that they were doing until after they kicked me out" - Steve Adler March 2009.

He was on an opiate blocker when they tried recording Civil War with him.

As far as I know, that's not used against coffee drinking problems.....

Steven has said before that he was totally wasted at the time and trying to get clean, thus the opiate blockers - his story changes with the wind, depending on who he wants to feel sorry for him. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2009, 01:24:37 PM »

ADLER'S APPETITE: Seymour Footage Available - Mar. 17, 2009

Fan-filmed video footage of original GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler and his band ADLER'S APPETITE performing the GN'R classic "Rocket Queen" on March 15, 2009 at Big Momma's in Seymour, Tennessee can be viewed below (clip uploaded by "TartynPink").

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116287

gnr2k6
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2009, 05:45:02 PM »

im happy for the guy,he seems in great spirits
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2009, 08:14:58 PM »

Adler's Appetite performing "Night Train" at Big Momma's in Seymour, TN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZk4ooYFJUA

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2009, 10:16:47 AM »

STEVEN ADLER SAYS HE ISN'T GOING TO WAIT FOR AXL ROSE:

March 23, 2009

Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler checked in with Mike of www.psychobabbletv.com.

During the interview, viewable below, Steven Adler says, "It would be nice if we could do a reunion. I know, it would help me, in my life. Because I'm afraid when I die I'm gonna have to come back again to finish what I started. And if I could finish what I started with the GN'R guys, as a band, I know I could die happy. But I'm not gonna wait for him (Axl Rose). I waited and cried for decades, and no more. Fuck him!"

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news09/0323adl.shtml

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2009, 10:21:32 AM »

Double talkin' jive get the money motherfucker.... Roll Eyes

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2009, 04:21:35 PM »

Brandon Marshall: So you have a new incarnation of Adler's Appetite, how has the new line-up been working out?

Steven Adler: It's been going great! I have Alex Grossi on guitar, Michael Thomas on lead guitar, Sheldon Tarsha singing and Chip Z'nuff from E'nuff Z'nuff on bass. In the past seven years this is who I have from different line-up changes. Everyone is having a great time.

Q: Now in 2005, Adler's Appetite recorded an EP with original material, do you have any plans on going into the studio and recording a full length album?

A: Absolutely! Next week (First week in April 2009), once we finish this tour up, I am going to go home for a few days and just sleep. We have done 22 shows so I am going to sleep for a few days, then I am going to have a couple meetings with Slash. I have been working with Slash. I am producing a record and playing on it of course, so that will be in a week or two that we finish with this (the final date on the tour).

Q: Is that going to be Slash's solo record?

A: No, that is going to be my record, but I am going to play a song on Slash's solo record too, so I will be doing some recording with him on that but he is going to be producing my record.

Q: Now are you going to have any guest appearances on your record?

A: Of course, we want eight cover songs. With each song we do we want at least one person who played on the original version to play on my record. I am thinking about changing the name to Adlers GN'R too because you cannot copyright the letters. I am 1/5 of the band just like he is 1/5 of the band (Axl Rose). At least I'm out their playing the songs people want to hear.

Q: So, this is not going to be just a regular recording, it is going to have everyone on it?

A: Yeah, I want to do it old school with a two inch tape and not with computers. I want an old sound, not perfect and crispy. I do not want to take away the magic of the songs that I redo. Nowadays, people go into the studio and record a song, the drummer will play 30 seconds of the beat and type the rest of it in on a computer. I want it all real, that's how we did Appetite, it was done in one take. It was anything goes, whatever happens, happens.

Q: The last time I did an interview with you, I had asked you about the new Guns N' Roses line up and you said that "there is no new Guns N' Roses" Do you still feel the same way and have you heard Chinese Democracy yet?

A: Yeah, Axl should have named the bad W.A.R for W. Axl Rose and I think that would have been much better.

Q: Axl Rose did a recent interview with Del James and when asked about a Guns N' Roses reunion, Axl gave a reason for not considering it and listed why involving every former member. Axl said "Steven [Adler] brings assorted ambulance-chasing attorneys and the nightmare of his mother. One gig, or even a couple songs, could mean years of behind-the-scenes legal aftermath." What is your response to that?

A: I do not know why he would say that. My mother thing is over and I do not know why he is still going on with that. Now that I'm back in control and have power of attorney, I don't know why he would say ambulance chaser. I don't get it.

Q: I have been watching you on Celebrity Rehab and Sober House, was a lot of the footage taken out of context?

A: They had to, there was ten cameras, filming 24 hours a day and they gotta take that film and cut it up into a one hour show for each one. It was crazy, I would turn the light off in the bathroom because I thought they had a camera in there. That was how crazy it was, but it was the best thing I ever did. It really was a great experience, and I am still working with Dr. Drew and Dr. Sophia. They are great friends of mine now and have been really great to me.

Q: Did you watch the show when it aired and was it tough to see yourself in that kind of shape?

A: Yeah, it was on like three times a day so I would see some of it sometimes. I hated seeing that girl, whatever her name was, dial 911 and call the police on me. I am just watching my life change when she was dialing 911 to have me arrested, that really sucked. Otherwise, it was great people, and I had a great experience. It helped me and I have been sober.

Q: Do you still keep in contact with anyone from the show?

A: Not really, I do with Jeff Conaway and Gary Busey. I just saw Sean Stewart in New York, so it was nice to see him.

Q: We really appreciate your time and is there anything you would like to add?

A: Come check out my MySpace and click on my friends list.
http://www.sonicexcess.com/steven_adler_interview.html
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »

While I may not agree with Steven's opinion, it's great to see that he finally seems to be cleaning up his act a bit.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2009, 09:52:07 PM »

Adler's GNR?   I hope Axl sues him if he tries that.

this guy really needs to get his head out of 1987.  Thats the best thing he could do for himself is stop being the guy who played drums on Appetite.   Everyone else who has left the band has gotten over it and done other things.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2009, 10:40:14 PM »

Suddenly his tone changed.

And coincidentally enough, it happened after Axl said there was no reunion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2009, 10:00:41 AM »

great news about him playing a song on Slash's album, and Slash producing Stevens album!
that's probably a sign that he's actually cleared his act up. I don't think Slash would be this involved if he hadn't.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2009, 04:43:07 PM »

missed that mother/adler-issue......was there any more info regarding this?

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: