Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:15:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  which parts of chinese democracy have made you cry?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: which parts of chinese democracy have made you cry?  (Read 15461 times)
Aussie_Axe
Opening Act

LIVING LIFE IN THE FAST LANE>

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 08:01:29 AM »

okay, i am not ashamed to admit it:  this album has totally made me cry!  sometimes i get a little teary eyes.  but every now and then i'll full on weep.  it's just so bursting with emotions and complexity.  sometimes i just get bowled over at how amazingly axl poured his soul into this music.  he just bares it all and it's geninuely touching.

so how many other people are willing to man up and admit that they cry at the album?  which parts get you the most?

i'll go first...

catcher in the rye....  from the 2:00-2:13 mark when the marching drums come in with the strings.  whoa.  i can totally imagine john lennon leading a march of decesaed souls into heaven.  truly visionary.

street of dreams... the lyric 'what i thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anymore!'  that one is very personal, but it reminds me of a girlfriend that i had once and a choice she made that i did not support and how it eventually drove us apart.  things were never the same after she ruined all that we had.

this i love... basically the entire song form start to finish.  but especially the guitar solo.  it's honestly one of the greatest guitar solos of all time and when i hear it, i can just imagine axl's heart breaking.  it's amazing how there is a symphony playing behind the guitar solo and they combine to make something even more powerful and special than regular classical music.

i almost cried when i found out Prostitute wasn't about Prostitutes.

For a fee, I'm happy to be
Your back door man, bitch.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 08:26:28 AM »

great thread. it's amazing just how much of an emotional impact this album has had over so many folks. i made a post yesterday in the 'this i love' topic where i shared a personal experience my gf and i recently had while listening to the song.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=54381.460

that's the only song on the album that has really made me break down and cry. for safety reasons, i've learned to skip over this song while driving because of how emotional i become when i hear it. now, i only listen to it in the privacy of my apt or when i'm with Mona (my gf).

i have teared up at times while listening to the end of 'prostitute'. not nearly to the extreme of 'this i love', but it is one of the most emotional & beautiful climaxes to ever end an album. i could be way off, but for some reason the ending of that track makes me think it is axl's final offering to stephanie. he's trying to express, despite the anguish and betrayal i've felt with you, i'm now at peace & things are ok now. like i said, it's just my take on it and i could be way off. nonetheless, it is an amazingly beautiful song & and another one that i will always hold close to my heart.

Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 08:32:30 AM »

The album's good... but not that good. Haven't shed a tear or lost sleep. It's just an album.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 08:34:34 AM »

The 1st time I heard the chorus to This I Love. I felt very gay.  hihi

Seriously, the song really got to me the 1st 6 or 7 times I heard it. It did bring a tear to my eye.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
twink
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 08:36:19 AM »

its just music man why cry about it fucking enjoy it
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 08:39:34 AM »

I've shed a tear listening to Street of Dreams, but that's because it really sums up the feelings I've felt after being dumped last month after 2.5 years of what I thought was a happy relationship.  These lines encapsulate the way that my ex just wasn't all I thought she was and, although I didn't end things, I can now see that I'm better off without her.

Though it's what you planned, this much is true
What I thought was beautiful, don't live inside of you anymore

In fact most of the ballads speak to me at this time and if CD had the songwriting ability of Slash and Izzy for the rockers then this album would be amazing as opposed to very good imo.

twink
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 08:42:03 AM »

I've shed a tear listening to Street of Dreams, but that's because it really sums up the feelings I've felt after being dumped last month after 2.5 years of what I thought was a happy relationship.  These lines encapsulate the way that my ex just wasn't all I thought she was and, although I didn't end things, I can now see that I'm better off without her.

Though it's what you planned, this much is true
What I thought was beautiful, don't live inside of you anymore

In fact most of the ballads speak to me at this time and if CD had the songwriting ability of Slash and Izzy for the rockers then this album would be amazing as opposed to very good imo.

cant beat the chemistry those guys had eh? even some ballads patience springs to mind
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 08:43:38 AM »

Is it possible to enjoy something that much it makes you emotional?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
twink
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 08:48:57 AM »

Is it possible to enjoy something that much it makes you emotional?

peace

not the emotional type unless someones dies and the kid that starteed this thread is borderline stalkerish so im more laughing than crying at this point  i think estranged is more emotional than anything on cd except this i love which comes close, would even surpass estranged if it was a really raw version just axl and the ivories
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 09:00:34 AM »

1.Street of Dreams
2.This I Love
3.Sorry

i mean each one of these are vary crazy good and it just got to me

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »

The album's good... but not that good. Haven't shed a tear or lost sleep. It's just an album.

Try listen through headphones. It's like a different record.  ok

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 09:05:41 AM »

Roll Eyes
here we go. more negativity spread by those who refuse to accept this is 2009. chinese d is an absolutely amazing album! by far - above and beyond anything from the past catalogue. i can honestly say that it drastically exceeded any and all expectations that i had. and yes, that's without izzy and that ex-asshole in a tophat being present. shackler's revenge, rhiad, & better are rip your head off rockers. they will be remembered as anthems of a generation 20 yrs from now.

i cant believe the nerve some people have. the asshole in a tophat was never a major songwriter for the band. and he certainly couldnt have taken this band to the level axl has.  bbf, finck, and bucket were the perfect team to help axl follow through with his vision. i really wish people would stop with all this ridiculous hate and see this album for the masterpiece that it truly is.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 09:06:27 AM »

Yea if u havent heard it with headphones your not getting the full experence

DuffRock
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 09:10:14 AM »

Roll Eyes
here we go. more negativity spread by those who refuse to accept this is 2009. chinese d is an absolutely amazing album! by far - above and beyond anything from the past catalogue. i can honestly say that it drastically exceeded any and all expectations that i had. and yes, that's without izzy and that ex-asshole in a tophat being present. shackler's revenge, rhiad, & better are rip your head off rockers. they will be remembered as anthems of a generation 20 yrs from now.

i cant believe the nerve some people have. the asshole in a tophat was never a major songwriter for the band. and he certainly couldnt have taken this band to the level axl has.  bbf, finck, and bucket were the perfect team to help axl follow through with his vision. i really wish people would stop with all this ridiculous hate and see this album for the masterpiece that it truly is.

wtf?!  I said the album is very good!  I just don't like any of the rockers on it.  There's a difference between "refusing to accept this is 2009" and stating that Axl doesn't seem to have the ability to write balls-to-the-wall rock.

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 09:11:57 AM »

DuffRock dose have a point u realy dont have to like the new gunners to love CD

DuffRock
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 09:18:12 AM »

DuffRock dose have a point u realy dont have to like the new gunners to love CD

Thing is I do like the new gunners, but I can't see anyone taking the lead when writing the kind of rock songs you need, imo, to complete a record like CD.  For example, Finck has his own vibe which obviously works extremely well on songs like Better, but he doesn't seem to be able to write heavy blues/punk infused rock and that's what I wanted to accompany the beautiful ballads on CD.

twink
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 09:25:14 AM »

Roll Eyes

dear god another one listen to my i love guns n roses past present and future whats not to accept do you know slash or something?  were you there when the songs were written, its his riffs that are always up there in the gretest rock songs charts time will tell if cd songs have the same kind of impact crawl out your own ass man think you love the smell of your own shit a little too much

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 09:34:30 AM »

I guess the part when the clock hit 10:a.m. and Best Buy opened that amazing day, and definitely the part when I held the album, my precious, in my hands for the first time.

My feelings exactly ok

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 11:15:24 AM »

my post was deleted because?Huh

oh... I insulted someone!!! oh wait... i didn't.

or maybe I posted a link to a leak??? oh wait... i didn't.

is it me or is anyone sick of posts being deleted for no fucking reason.

i'm sorry I haven't cried... I was answering the question... as in NO PARTS have made me cry.

welcome to tyranny today, gone to hell.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2009, 11:58:32 AM »

my post was deleted because?Huh

It was off topic.

If your idea of "on topic" posting is whining about how this place is run in every other thread in the GN'R section, you need to check your head.

Here's a quote from our posting guidelines:

Attention seekers don't bother posting here.
If you're only here to start fights and post negative posts about the current band, you will get banned sooner or later.
Please don't respond to trolls. Instead just report the post in question to a moderator and it will get dealt with as soon as possible.

Also, if you're only here to remind us all of how much this place sucks and have some kind of personal issue behind your opinion, please stay out. You won't feel welcome here with that kind of attitude.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: