Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 01:23:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227985 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" starting to gain MAJOR steam.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" starting to gain MAJOR steam.  (Read 64590 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2009, 01:18:51 AM »

The song has only gained like 1 or 2 spots. I don?t know how major is that.

if you truly think its cool to come to a board about a band you don't like just to try to bring people down, you need to check your brain.

If you think that just because someone doesn't think gaining 2 spots on rock charts is "major" steam that they don't like the song or the band, you need to check your brain.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2009, 03:23:47 AM »

The song has only gained like 1 or 2 spots. I don?t know how major is that.

if you truly think its cool to come to a board about a band you don't like just to try to bring people down, you need to check your brain.

If you think that just because someone doesn't think gaining 2 spots on rock charts is "major" steam that they don't like the song or the band, you need to check your brain.

well if you wuld use YOUR brain, you would see the poster I was talking to has a posting history and sig that is meant to antagonize GnR fans.
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2009, 05:14:44 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if the single would be re-released, just like they did with Jungle back in the days (and he advised Bach/skid row to do with Slave to the grind).

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2009, 08:01:57 PM »

something that i think would put this away is if they would release This i Love as the next single. that song is so fucking awesome and will really be requested imo by alot of newer fans as well as old peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2009, 10:08:30 PM »

I still haven't heard better on my local classic rock station, but they did play Street of Dreams. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2009, 11:51:42 PM »

something that i think would put this away is if they would release This i Love as the next single. that song is so fucking awesome and will really be requested imo by alot of newer fans as well as old peace

axl's managers are idiots if they don't do this!  this i love is garunteed to be the biggest single of the year.  no questions asked.  it could be the song that defines a generation, especially with obama's inaguration and a new american president.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2009, 11:58:24 PM »

axl's managers are idiots if they don't do this!  this i love is garunteed to be the biggest single of the year.  no questions asked.  it could be the song that defines a generation, especially with obama's inaguration and a new american president.

Huh  You totally lost me.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2009, 12:24:31 AM »

well, it's nothing literal but just that people will be emotional and will want to have their hearts touched.  i can really imagine some inspiring montages about the history of black america set to the instrumental portions of this i love.  like from slavery to the presidency type stuff taht you see on tv all the time right now.

unrelated, but also black history month is a perfect time to release madagascar as a single because of the mlk jr. spoken word portion.  imagine how much more radio play that song would get because of it.  but first they've got to release teh better video!  only one single at a time!
awk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2009, 07:46:43 AM »

I got to disagree with til as being this amazing song guaranteed to be song of the year. I like the song its got a great solo and axl's voice sounds great. However its not very commercial imo and I dont see it becoming a single and if it did I dont think it would be huge. Better is the most commercial song on the cd and its not setting the world on fire so I wouldnt get any hopes up for a major hit single of this album. Unforunetly I bellive that gnr did not take advantage of all the hype by releasing CD as the first single. That got play all over the day it was released and its not the type of song you hear once and love. Seems like everyone I talk to about gnr heard that teh first day and made their opinion of gnr then, not to mention they have done 0 press.
Annie
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2009, 09:48:52 AM »

well, it's nothing literal but just that people will be emotional and will want to have their hearts touched.  i can really imagine some inspiring montages about the history of black america set to the instrumental portions of this i love.  like from slavery to the presidency type stuff taht you see on tv all the time right now.

unrelated, but also black history month is a perfect time to release madagascar as a single because of the mlk jr. spoken word portion.  imagine how much more radio play that song would get because of it.  but first they've got to release teh better video!  only one single at a time!
I I think Madagascar would fit better than TIL for a song to define a generation. I still love BETTER too!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2009, 09:49:23 AM »

Falungong, is this TIL song you speak of the GNR song???  Perhaps Madagascar, but not TIL.  I'll also agree Better would have been my choice for 1st single (even people who dog the new band dig this tune)...followed up by a beautiful ballad, SOD or TIL, take your pick.  Not ITW though, a bit too different for radio play.  All that said, considering Axl's marketing absence...would a different single really matter?  Perhaps Axl really doesn't care how many albums he sells.  That's cool by me.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2009, 12:49:23 PM »

that's ok the 1st single was like forewarning.

Apparently better is chosen for the 1st video, after all.
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2009, 02:00:31 PM »

I still haven't heard better on my local classic rock station, but they did play Street of Dreams. 

What was the reaction to that?

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2009, 03:15:38 PM »

What was the reaction to that?

Nothing much either way.  She played it and then moved on to something else. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2009, 03:39:26 PM »

I I think Madagascar would fit better than TIL for a song to define a generation. I still love BETTER too!

well maybe madagascar would be a good one to define this generation, and this i love can define the next generation!   beer  honestly, i can't imagine a better song being written for several generations to come.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »

Sorry guys... but in reality I don't think 'This I Love' or 'Madagascar' are going to "Define a generation." Great tunes, don't get me wrong... but if either are released as a single, they won't change the world... so to speak.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2009, 06:08:14 PM »

no song changes the world. but maybe songs like better, scraped, madagascar can help people to change the world a bit.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 06:12:40 PM by ppbebe » Logged
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2009, 08:15:37 PM »

I got to disagree with til as being this amazing song guaranteed to be song of the year. I like the song its got a great solo and axl's voice sounds great. However its not very commercial imo and I dont see it becoming a single and if it did I dont think it would be huge. Better is the most commercial song on the cd and its not setting the world on fire so I wouldnt get any hopes up for a major hit single of this album. Unforunetly I bellive that gnr did not take advantage of all the hype by releasing CD as the first single. That got play all over the day it was released and its not the type of song you hear once and love. Seems like everyone I talk to about gnr heard that teh first day and made their opinion of gnr then, not to mention they have done 0 press.

Totally agree, very well said.  Maybe later on as a 4th or 5th single.

downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2009, 10:18:47 PM »

Hey All,

The notion that any song, composed by GNR or any other band, will change the world is ludicrous.  The fact that Better has done next to nothing on radio rotations should tell you where GNR is in the public eye.  The fact that we haven't seen a video for any songs tells me that those behind this record have given up on it.  Without a tour and promotion by the band, this thing is dead in the album.  While I appreciate the artistry put forth on This I Love, it would be suicidal to push this song as a single.  No offense, but few people will have their "hearts touched" by This I Love; most of the public will probably miss the point. 

Anyway, it's all mute as I don't see anymore money being spent to push this album until Axl gets a tour or something going.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2009, 12:15:27 PM »

WBCN in Boston is playing Better in their regualr rotation which should open up the song to another audience.  Typically in Boston area, WAAF is the station that plays and discusses new GNR.  This is a good sign. 

Ritz Reeves III
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: