Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:22:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses  (Read 80895 times)
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2009, 04:29:47 PM »

That'd be amazing. Although of course, its all down to Axl. I'd love it, but I can't see it happening.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2009, 04:31:25 PM »

First off, I don't get why people say Metallica haven't done shit in 10 years when Death Magnetic stands up to any CD they made in the past.

The production of that album alone is utter shit compared to any album they've made in the past.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2009, 04:43:34 PM »

would gnr accept to tour if they had to open? i dont think so...

I would be terribly upset if GnR were asked to open the show on such a tour.  Roll Eyes

YEAH I WOULD BE UPSET TOO! BUT I THINK CONSIDERING THAT AXL IS ALWAYS LATE, METALLICA SHOULD OPEN, SO GNR GONNA BE ONTIME FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY!  hihi
AND IF GNR OPEN, JUST TELL UR FAMILY THAT U GONNA BE HOME AROUND 4 IN THE MORNING!  rofl
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2009, 05:19:54 PM »

a show with Metallica and G"n'R would be fucking amazing. i'm there if it happens headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2009, 05:26:15 PM »

This would be huge for GN'R.  Not only would this help record sales but I really think this could gain some new fans in the process.  I' m sure there would be some "terms and stipulations" in the contract if they did this.  The last tour they did definetly had some speed bump in it.  I really hope this happens.  Love both bands and would jump to see this.  I hope they don't have an ego about playing before Metallica at all.  Would be cool if they switched from night to night.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 05:29:46 PM »

A few years ago another tour with the two would've made me sick to my stomach.

Now, things are very different.

I'd definitely go.

It would be a highly touted move for Axl to extend his hand and make that happen.  With Metallica's marquee power, Axl could sit back and let their promoters do all the advertising for him.  Every rock station in America would air a commercial every break.  Every fan would hear GN'R's name mentioned several times a day.  I don't see one negative thing that could possibly come of it...

...unless James Hetfield gets blown up on stage again and/or Axl doesn't show up or refuses to play.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 05:33:20 PM »

Back in '91/'92...they co-headlined the tour.  They'd both do FULL headline sets, and they both had a full stage setup and crew (with about an hour to an hour and 30 minute wait between acts, actually, while they re-set).

I saw that show (with Faith No More doing the first set, Metallica doing the 2nd, and GnR doing the last) and it was AMAZING.  FUCKING AMAZING.  I've seen a LOT of shows/concerts during my life and this one is still the best for me.  2 incredible bands, both in GREAT form, both during their "heyday".  It wasn't a perfect show.  There were some technical issues (story of GnR, eh?) and a couple of crowd issues...but it was still awesome.  3 AMAZING sets.  Even FNM, who got "stuck" playing at like 3 PM or something like that, was VERY good.

I'd buy tickets in a heartbeat.  I'm assuming it would need to be a summer stadium tour....and I think it would sell like gangbusters.

This is exactly how I remember this tour and I saw it at Giants Stadium.  The only difference I remember is FNM pretty much getting booed off the stage (GNR/Metallica fans are rough).  The whole point of a co-headliner tour is that neither is the opener.  I am not saying this will ever happen again because it probably won't but it sure would be awesome if it did.
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »

Just in case Dexter is reading, this would be fucking awesome! 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Annie
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2009, 06:06:40 PM »

I would be terribly upset if GnR were asked to open the show on such a tour.  Roll Eyes

YEAH I WOULD BE UPSET TOO! BUT I THINK CONSIDERING THAT AXL IS ALWAYS LATE, METALLICA SHOULD OPEN, SO GNR GONNA BE ONTIME FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY!  hihi
AND IF GNR OPEN, JUST TELL UR FAMILY THAT U GONNA BE HOME AROUND 4 IN THE MORNING!  rofl
I'm sorry but that is funny!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2009, 06:15:06 PM »

The only issue with this IS the long time between sets especially when you have two big bands like this, takes forever to take down and set back up.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 06:17:10 PM »

i saw this tour in the early 90's and i gotta admit it was the BEST concert i've ever been to!  keep our fingers crossed!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2009, 06:19:21 PM »

The only issue with this IS the long time between sets especially when you have two big bands like this, takes forever to take down and set back up.

true, but during the 2 hours between met and gnr i saw more titties on the big screen than i could handle.  that made the wait tolerable.  also the fact that my favorite band ever was getting ready to rock new orleans that night kept me excited. 

by the way, i saw metallica on the 23rd of November (the release date for CD) and the show was awesome.  there was no set - just some amps, a stage, and a band....clearly the best metallica show i've ever been to and i've been to every tour at least once since master of puppets...so, the changing of sets would not be all that bad right now
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:25:26 PM by doooodickiebr » Logged

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2009, 06:52:22 PM »

I could see them flip flopping as opening and headliners. Be fun to see. They'd need a 3rd band as a true opening act . Who could they get as something new ?  I'd suggest  MILLION DOLLAR RELOAD. This way that band gets the "rub" of being a new band , can open and can get the crowd ready for Metallica and Guns n Roses.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 07:07:59 PM »

I think Guns N' Roses would be required to play first at this point in time (given the relative status/commercial draw of the two bands ca. 2009)... but that said... SO FUCKING WHAT. That would actually be a PERFECT opportunity to come out and kick the crowd's ass every night when they're MOST into it and have the greatest amount of energy. GN'R could multiply their fan base exponentially if they kicked Metallica's ass every night all summer. That's how the old band got things rolling... decimating  Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, the Crue etc. on tour in the late 80's...

GN'R should be all over this IMHO. The new band plays such a fantastic live show.... and most rock fans at large aren't even aware of that IMHO.

As far as the "who opens for who" bit... GN'R/Axl could just play it off as "Metallica went on first last time- so this time around we thought we'd return the favor." etc. Not a BIG deal IMHO. Not a reason to miss an opportunity like this (if it were to come along) at all...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:11:44 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 07:21:46 PM »

I doubt that GN'R will tour anytime in the near future; we don't know for sure who's in the band at this point.

To be fair, if it happened, Metallica should be the headliner, no questions asked. Selling out arenas and stadiums has never been a problem for them, even when they went soft in the 90's.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 07:25:53 PM »

Did Metallica open when they toured together?  I thought they switched?  I'd have no problem with GNR being the opener and I don't necessarily think Axl would either, as long as they didn't have to play until 10 pm or so, which isn't gonna happen.  I don't see it happening.  Axl has made it clear he prefers to play later, that's just part of who he is.  I'd think Metallica would want to go on first themselves because of Axl's unpredictable nature.  What if GNR is scheduled to go on at 8 and Axl doesn't take the stage till 10?  I love Axl but I don't know if he could be completely trusted to follow the schedule as an opener.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 07:50:57 PM »

I saw the orginial tour at Giants Stadium. It was awesome. As someone previously said, FNM got booed off the stage. I would like to see this tour happen. Btw, Metallica fans are rough. I saw Metallica for the third time when I traveled to California 9 years ago. People were throwing red wine and setting toilet paper on fire and chucking it.  It was nuts!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 07:51:52 PM »

I'm pretty sure they switched when they did this tour previously.  I am trying to crane my memory of who opened 1st when I saw the tour.  Was a long ass time ago! hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 07:53:37 PM »

Not sure what would be in it for Metallica though seeing as they can sell out these stadiums alone, why split that kind of money if u don't have to?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »

Not sure what would be in it for Metallica though seeing as they can sell out these stadiums alone, why split that kind of money if u don't have to?

Nostalgia's sake?

Actually, I have no clue I just think it would be cool as hell if it ever happened although I refuse to listen to any Metallica albums after And Justice for All.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: