Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:09:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Most annoying Slang terms that make u wanna SCREAM!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most annoying Slang terms that make u wanna SCREAM!!  (Read 40236 times)
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2009, 11:35:22 PM »

Hate it when black people use nigga as a greeting when talking to anyone that ain't black.

I hate it when it is used talking to anyone.  Drives me crazy. 

I also hate when people write like they text.  Try grading 50 English III essays written with things like: bcuz, wit, dis, 2, tha, (as in "We went 2 tha store."), idk, w/, gonna, gettin, doin, anything that is supposed to have an -ing on the end that doesn't, and cause for because.  It makes no sense.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2009, 10:32:24 AM »

Hate it when black people use nigga as a greeting when talking to anyone that ain't black.

I also hate when people write like they text.  Try grading 50 English III essays written with things like: bcuz, wit, dis, 2, tha, (as in "We went 2 tha store."), idk, w/, gonna, gettin, doin, anything that is supposed to have an -ing on the end that doesn't, and cause for because.  It makes no sense.

Wait....people actually write like that in your English class?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2009, 02:23:35 PM »

what about the thread title?  hihi
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2009, 02:42:23 PM »

what about the thread title?  hihi

hihi I hadn't even noticed that

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2009, 03:00:11 PM »

HAHA I see what u guys did there hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2009, 10:40:45 PM »

They try.  Once enough points get taken of, they stop.  It just takes a while to get 'em there.  Hard to believe, I know, but they are so used to it, they just do it without thinking.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2009, 11:18:35 PM »

They try.  Once enough points get taken of, they stop.  It just takes a while to get 'em there.  Hard to believe, I know, but they are so used to it, they just do it without thinking.

Carry on, Ms. Morgan.  Unfortunately, some of the posters here did not have an English teacher of your caliber. 
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2009, 10:54:28 PM »

Carry on, Ms. Morgan.  Unfortunately, some of the posters here did not have an English teacher of your caliber. 

Hehehe.... I can usually ignore it on message boards.  People get in a hurry.  I can understand that.  Unless I can't understand what the hell they're trying to say... then I may say something!  I'm a Grammar Natzi in real life, but on here, I can be nice! smoking
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2009, 01:45:50 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZJ7TrqwdZo

"nothin' rhymes with it.. it's multi-syllabic" rofl
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 01:47:29 AM by Estranged 063087 » Logged

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2009, 07:47:23 PM »

Yeah, Im not huge on perfect English,punctuation etc on message forums.

I did make A's in both my college English classes, but online, I really don't give a shit. I have to deal with this shit enough, online is where I just don't worry about it.

Duffs Addiction
Opening Act

You're fucking crazy...

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2009, 09:31:24 PM »

I want to slap my one friend because she constantly uses the words;

"Fail and epic fail"

I want to fucking scream and take her head and rip it off. It pisses the hell out of me!!
And another word, or word that labels people is probably "emo", for sure, the look is annoying and so freaking fake, and they're obsessed with lame "emo" bands that are also fake and some serious posers, along with their stupid looking hair and love for vampires and shit!! Angry Makes me angry as hell.

Another one that I hate is when someone refers to "falling down" as "I ate it!" I just want to say, "How in hell do you eat it when you fall on the floor?" This is so annoying. Also when someone refers to "running really fast" as "Booking it!"
Where to people come up with this shit. Honestly! And the last, when people are saying that they will see you later or using the slang word "TTYL" or "Talk to you later" and actually say "TTYL!" out loud to you as they leave is absolutly pathetic and stupid, I mean, just use regular words, its not gonna kill you to make sure who ever you're talking to understand what the hell your saying!

"Its better to burn out, then to fade away"-Kurt Cobain
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2009, 09:38:53 PM »

I have no right to respond to this, because one of my favorite words is "shizz". Sorry.

But I find it annoying when people refer to pregnant women as "prego" or "preggers". It's not a spaghetti sauce. And "preggers" sounds like a VD that causes severe itching.
Duffs Addiction
Opening Act

You're fucking crazy...

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2009, 09:43:11 PM »

Haha! Thats true!! I have never heard of "preggers"! Thats a first, but its definetly a dumb reference to a pregnant woman, thats for sure!

"Its better to burn out, then to fade away"-Kurt Cobain
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2009, 12:09:47 AM »

I was always a fan of the term "expecting."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2009, 12:25:38 AM »

I really hate when people say they are going on "Holiday"

I don't know why but it annoys me

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2009, 11:37:19 AM »

I really hate when people say they are going on "Holiday"

I don't know why but it annoys me

We UKians say it all the time. None of this "vacation" business....

And being a member of this particular forum, I have grown to dislike the phrase "top-hatted asshole" or variations thereof. Real mature, people. Roll Eyes

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2009, 01:58:33 PM »

I guess some people just like their domestics like bon jovi and motley crue.... hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2009, 02:37:30 PM »

If "Holiday" is in your culture that is fine

when I hear people over here say it, I mean I don't want to do them physical harm or anything but it causes an eye roll reflex.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2009, 03:53:20 PM »

The preggers comment made me think of "dunzo". You see them both in relation to celebrity gossip shit. Annoying as hell if you ask me.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2009, 04:43:05 PM »

When tabloids use "romp" when talking about some celebrity sex scandal. Even worse is when they use it as a verb. Who uses that word? What decade is this?!

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: