Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:52:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  All Questions about the Vinyl Edition
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All Questions about the Vinyl Edition  (Read 22047 times)
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2008, 07:20:37 PM »

hi guys,   is the vinyl from Best Buy a 2 record set or is it a single LP in a double gatefold sleeve.

The reason im asking is because i cannot buy it Canada as you all know so i turned to Ebay to get my copy before they get to scarce or to high priced.  I  included the Ebay link below of the Chinese Democracy vinyl i am getting ready to pay for.  I just need some advice on here before i do pay.  Is there a 2 record set or just one record.  Please let me know asap if you guys think im being ripped off and if its a botleg...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250325889914&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

PS,  Here is the question i wrote the seller and his reply..

My Question--->   Hey there, thanks for the speedy reply Smiley  I will send the money order tommorow morning.  I was also wondering if this Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy vinyl the same as the one you can buy at Best Buy (exclusive) in the USA.  I also need to know if it is the Offical 2 vinyl, 180gram vinyl.

Thanks

Seller's answer--->   Hello,

It is official and the same version as Best Buy. It is a single LP in a double gatefold sleeve..

What yas think??

Hi guys,

I recently posted this question a few posts above this one and i didn't get a reply as of yet..   Im in no means rushing anyone nor am i trying to be a pest.  I just need to know your opinions on this Vinyl question.  I only own a few records as i didn't get into collecting them yet but may start soon.  I trust alot of people on this board because we all are true GNR Fans and the information here is usually solid as Jarmo does a great job with keeping this site as honest as you get.   So anyways, only reason i am asking again is because i need to pay for the record soon as i said i would pay a couple days ago and if the record this seller is selling is a copy than we can work a mutual agreement rather than me getting a no pay strike, as it is my new ebay account.

Thanks so much, appreciate it.  ok
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2008, 07:29:15 PM »

hi guys,   is the vinyl from Best Buy a 2 record set or is it a single LP in a double gatefold sleeve.

The reason im asking is because i cannot buy it Canada as you all know so i turned to Ebay to get my copy before they get to scarce or to high priced.  I  included the Ebay link below of the Chinese Democracy vinyl i am getting ready to pay for.  I just need some advice on here before i do pay.  Is there a 2 record set or just one record.  Please let me know asap if you guys think im being ripped off and if its a botleg...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250325889914&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

My Question--->   Hey there, thanks for the speedy reply Smiley  I will send the money order tommorow morning.  I was also wondering if this Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy vinyl the same as the one you can buy at Best Buy (exclusive) in the USA.  I also need to know if it is the Offical 2 vinyl, 180gram vinyl.

Thanks

It is official and the same version as Best Buy. It is a single LP in a double gatefold sleeve..

What yas think??

Hi guys,

I recently posted this question a few posts above this one and i didn't get a reply as of yet..   Im in no means rushing anyone nor am i trying to be a pest.  I just need to know your opinions on this Vinyl question.  I only own a few records as i didn't get into collecting them yet but may start soon.  I trust alot of people on this board because we all are true GNR Fans and the information here is usually solid as Jarmo does a great job with keeping this site as honest as you get.   So anyways, only reason i am asking again is because i need to pay for the record soon as i said i would pay a couple days ago and if the record this seller is selling is a copy than we can work a mutual agreement rather than me getting a no pay strike, as it is my new ebay account.

Chinese Democracy is a 2 record set.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »

Thanks

What yas think??

Hi guys,

It seems legit to me.  Buyer bought it at BB and marked it up for profit.  He was prob mistaken about the single LP thing.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Olorin
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »

Any of you guys who got damaged albums tried to return them yet? What responce did you get?

Vinyl should be shiny new, not scratched and covered in finger prints.

The first prints on them should be from your own careless greasy paws.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2008, 12:11:09 AM »

This vinyl sucks, I'm totally disappointed. The only thing I feel good about is helping the band sell albums . I hope they issue a new one - SOMETHING to make up for the misfire. LP's are supposed to sound better than cd's, not worse. At least stop printing them! 

If you want this, wait, because they might reissue CD next year as a 3 or 4 (hopefully) LP set, as I imagine they will have lots of complaints. I heard the Portishead LP had similar issues
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 12:12:48 AM by GNRBABY » Logged

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2008, 05:20:57 PM »

Fot those having that inner groove distortion issue, this cartridge pretty much solved the problem for me.

http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LG&Product_Code=ATC05&Category_Code=A3

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2008, 08:59:58 PM »

Fot those having that inner groove distortion issue, this cartridge pretty much solved the problem for me.

http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LG&Product_Code=ATC05&Category_Code=A3

I just ordered one. I can't believe I just payed $110.00 for a new stylus cartridge just to play GNR! And it's a crappy made vinyl at that! Oh well, I figured I'll have a good needle from now on  hihi

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2008, 01:15:16 AM »

I just ordered one. I can't believe I just payed $110.00 for a new stylus cartridge just to play GNR! And it's a crappy made vinyl at that! Oh well, I figured I'll have a good needle from now on  hihi

I think you'll be happy with it.  I had a cheaper a entry level cartridge on my table prior to this one, and I think you will notice the difference on all of your LPs. This is a "microline" stylus, which is smaller and is able to track the inner grooves much better, eliminating most of, if not all of that inner groove issue.  It worked for me and many others to solve this issue.    It also got rid of the skips on several of the songs.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 01:18:38 AM by JuicySwoos » Logged

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Brody
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2008, 05:30:06 PM »

can someone post a video on youtube of the vinyl playing? so i can get an idea what that inner groove sounds like?
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »

My vinyl edition sucks big time, but the artwork is fantastic. Just buy the cd version it's great it's fantastic.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Moonlight J
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2008, 03:53:43 PM »

Well, I went to Best Buy today and returned my scratched copy. I pulled another off the shelf, opened it up at the store, and it was scratched inside also! Blech! Well, needless to say, I asked for a refund, which I used to buy my 3 year old some Scrappy Doo. She loves that abrasive fucker for some reason. lol. Anyways, I guess I'll wait a few months and give it another go.   crying
keithos27
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2008, 05:19:23 PM »

I've been very disappointed with my vinyl edition as well... I have a pretty hi-end setup with Technics/Shure carts/Mackie monitors so I wasn't expecting my hardware to put any limitations.  Needless to say I've been experiencing poor audio quality as others have.  Pretty disappointing since I bought two copies (and I bought CD on iTunes).  Really *hope* this gets solved but am skeptical...

ALSO, my vinyl had fingerprints on it (NOT from me).  WTF!?!
AC
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2009, 12:48:07 PM »

I finally opened my vinyl, which I got from BB in Texas over the X-mas holidays. Mine had finger prints as well, and some pretty nasty scratches. During 'Madagascar" I get some pretty funky clipping noises. LOL. Not much I can do about this now as I live in Canada. I REALLY hope they re-release this whether it's 4 LP's or not, I want one without fingerprints and scratches!!! Smiley

Anyone been able to find out if we can do anything about this? Other than returning to a BB, which won't help me as they don't sell the vinyl in Canada.

Cheers,
AA.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2009, 12:54:23 PM »

Any of you guys who got damaged albums tried to return them yet? What responce did you get?

Vinyl should be shiny new, not scratched and covered in finger prints.

The first prints on them should be from your own careless greasy paws.

mine is perfect!...no fingerprints or scratches.....and smell like fuckin vinyl.....love it!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2009, 04:36:50 PM »

Wow I had no clue they had an issue.....

I havent even taken mine out of the plastic...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2009, 04:45:27 PM »

played mine over the weekend for the 1st time. ( bought it Nov 23.)

I have a scratch on each album side and seems like something is funky with the string outro of Prostitute- the tone goes up & down as if the record changes speed but it is not my turntable at fault- is this the inner groove distortion people are talking about?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: