Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:22:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IT's been 3 months since CHINESE DEMOCRACY was released
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IT's been 3 months since CHINESE DEMOCRACY was released  (Read 27454 times)
Annie
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2009, 09:23:19 PM »

I can't believe that 6 months has gone by and I just love this CD more and more. Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:33:10 AM by Annie » Logged
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2009, 07:58:43 AM »

its been over 6 months....may 24, 2009 right now!
so the bestbuy-deal ended yesterday? chances for proper promotion might have grown significantly over night  Cheesy

Re-Union time, baby!!
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2009, 08:09:17 AM »

so the bestbuy-deal ended yesterday? chances for proper promotion might have grown significantly over night  Cheesy

the gnr myspace still says only at Best Buy, so the deal didnt end yet, maybe is more time, a year or forever, I guess It doesnt matter anymore.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2009, 10:25:34 AM »

the gnr myspace still says only at Best Buy, so the deal didnt end yet, maybe is more time, a year or forever, I guess It doesnt matter anymore.

nah a friend of mine just took it off the "main display" at the record store he works in.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2009, 08:27:07 PM »

nah a friend of mine just took it off the "main display" at the record store he works in.

mmm ok, but seriously, whats the diference?, they will tour, they will promote it?, they will relase a video? nah...dont think so, they didnt even answer the quetsions they promise for the fans.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2009, 05:25:57 AM »

mmm ok, but seriously, whats the diference?, they will tour, they will promote it?, they will relase a video? nah...dont think so, they didnt even answer the quetsions they promise for the fans.
Blame it on the fallon gong, they seen the end and "they can't hold on" hihi rofl rofl hihi.  Think maybe they may be working on all of the above mentioned, and probably a little less interested in fan questions at this point, If I'm not mistaken, I recall them being answered by
Axl himself  Roll Eyes Tongue.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2009, 06:54:21 AM »

something with the BestBuy-deal must have gone so outta line resulting to less promotion for "such" an album. and if BestBuy has been the main factor for this....well the deal just ended may 23, 2009 after 6 months, right? so it might be easier to load their guns again now  Smiley

Re-Union time, baby!!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2009, 08:35:21 AM »

something with the BestBuy-deal must have gone so outta line resulting to less promotion for "such" an album. and if BestBuy has been the main factor for this....well the deal just ended may 23, 2009 after 6 months, right? so it might be easier to load their guns again now  Smiley

Yeah, is the record available in all american record retailors as of now?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2009, 10:35:38 AM »

well the deal just ended may 23, 2009 after 6 months

Got a credible source for this?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2009, 11:22:54 AM »

That was just a rumor.  There are no signs that the deal is done with.  New releases come out tomorrow in the US, but I'm sure we would've heard something by now.  Unless Merck is running things again and it'll just pop up in record stores without any mention.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2009, 11:25:50 AM »

there have been numerous 6 months talking and wasnt that some standard deal 6months with other bands? after all only a rumour then??! hmm......how to verify when we aint told anything? when cd is available in every US store are we then right to assume the BestBuy-deal ended?

Re-Union time, baby!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »

there have been numerous 6 months talking and wasnt that some standard deal 6months with other bands? after all only a rumour then??! hmm......how to verify when we aint told anything? when cd is available in every US store are we then right to assume the BestBuy-deal ended?
I believe the rumor originated in an interview with Richard Fortus on a St. Louis radio station.  A month or so before the album's release he said that it was a Best Buy exclusive that would probably run for 6 months.  I think everyone ran with that story, but ultimately it appears it isn't so.  I think we will know when the deal is about to expire, at least I would hope so.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2009, 12:28:38 PM »

what faldor said.
unsure if it's still exclusive or not but
cd is still the best seller @
bestbuy

hum?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2009, 10:33:37 PM »

how to verify when we aint told anything?

Umm, maybe by assuming nothing has changed until you see the opposite?

Until you hear/see that the Best Buy exclusive has ended, assume that it hasn't....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2009, 10:46:47 PM »

do i have to feel sorry when i'm looking forward to the end of the BestBuy-deal when all leads to be "more freedom" in Guns land after?? nah, come on! and then why not quote it all, Jarmo:

when cd is available in every US store are we then right to assume the BestBuy-deal ended?

thats an answer i'd like to know!
and -off course- fans should just not assume much or expect anything from this band but we can express our feelings that the BestBuy-deal somehow was shitty and things should be better after that. just because there is hope in there doesnt mean its negative!
but i see you, Jarmo....thats the danger we're getting into, right? when that BestBuy and the new guitarist werent the only main issues for the lack of proper cd promotion there is a realistic possibility fans starting to wonder even more whats up when the BestBuy deal ends and no significant changes happen in the near future. and no, i really wouldnt like this to happen.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:34:11 AM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2009, 10:53:06 AM »

thats just speculation; and what does the best buy deal ending have to do with promtioning the album Undecided
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2009, 11:01:44 AM »

when cd is available in every US store are we then right to assume the BestBuy-deal ended?

That's the thing. Until you see that happening, just assume nothing has changed.

When/if that happens, maybe then you can start assuming that something has changed.

/jarmo

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2009, 11:12:14 AM »

Axl doesn't seem to have any heartburn with the BestBuy deal ..... but maybe he was just happy for me that they sent me all that FREE $$$.  Grin

From The Billboard Q&A:  Axl Rose

Quote from: AXL
Best Buy has been great.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2009, 11:55:07 AM »

That's the thing. Until you see that happening, just assume nothing has changed.

When/if that happens, maybe then you can start assuming that something has changed.

/jarmo

My roomate works in an independent record store and they've actually had it since January.  They just took it off the main display a few days ago.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2009, 12:07:28 PM »

My roomate works in an independent record store and they've actually had it since January.  They just took it off the main display a few days ago.

Yeah, they've imported it themselves.

I've seen the album in multiple record stores in the US.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: