Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:12:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IT's been 3 months since CHINESE DEMOCRACY was released
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IT's been 3 months since CHINESE DEMOCRACY was released  (Read 27445 times)
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2009, 12:46:59 AM »

I love that it's one of those albums that gets better with age.  I feel like the album evolves as I listen to it.  I've been comparing the album to a lot of albums from last year...and even the ones I liked don't have the depth or complexity to them taht Chi Dem has.  I love the Beck and Metallica albums...but every song sounds too similar.  Almost like the bands are just playing the same song over and over...with slightly different pacing.  But in ChiDem, each song is its own sonic landscape.  You can tell that there was a conscious effort to make each song special.  It's nice to listen to something like that.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2009, 01:16:36 AM »

"AFD is still far superior to anything any of the members of GNR will ever create."

You know, I think this is my big problem here. Right here. This mentality and this sentiment. This goes far beyond just letting someone have their opinion. Yea I got it, everyone has a right to their opinion. Now that I got that out of the way and the squares can pipe down and firmly take Mr. Politically Correct's cock back into their mouth, we can talk like grown ups (fuck you squares are annoying).

Think about this again. Let's break some of this shit down. Quick List;

Slash's Snakepit
Albums 1 and 2

Duff's Believe in me

Velvet Revolver
Albums 1 and 2

Fucking aye. You mean to tell me, that you would lump, Chinese Democracy... Chinese Democracy, you would lump this album in with this group? This company? Really. To you, these albums rank about the same, as Chinese Democracy. They are about as Guns N' Roses sounding to you, as Chinese Democracy. Is this a joke? Whoever thinks this needs to put on a safety helmet as soon as possible. My inner old school rocker heart wants to take the face that had these thoughts, or ones similar to it, and beat the shit out of it.

You belittle Chinese D, making a blanket statements like this just know something. That there is a fan of Chinese Democracy who wants to kick your ass, and put my foot up your horny dad's ass, for getting your mom drunk the night they made you. You are all going to hell.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 03:34:34 AM »

Its a fucking record ..as Axl said.. cool your heals there boy. Its great, for sure, still not everyones taste. Its all good budda! Smiley

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 06:03:30 AM »

3 months of listening to a good album I say !!

You belittle Chinese D, making a blanket statements like this just know something. That there is a fan of Chinese Democracy who wants to kick your ass, and put my foot up your horny dad's ass, for getting your mom drunk the night they made you. You are all going to hell.

hey fuckhead..... who are you ? people have their own opinions..deal with it. 

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2009, 10:10:45 AM »

"AFD is still far superior to anything any of the members of GNR will ever create."

You know, I think this is my big problem here. Right here. This mentality and this sentiment. This goes far beyond just letting someone have their opinion. Yea I got it, everyone has a right to their opinion. Now that I got that out of the way and the squares can pipe down and firmly take Mr. Politically Correct's cock back into their mouth, we can talk like grown ups (fuck you squares are annoying).

Nice way of contradicting yourself.......

Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2009, 11:16:52 AM »

Here's my opinion: CD is still fresh from the first day of its release. I can still listen to this cd once a week and still get rocked out. It's been a very long time since an LP / CD which is full of everything you expected from a complete work of art from the beginning, middle and end. It's got it all. Great rock songs to bang your head! Great conceptual topical songs that pertain to what is going on now. And some great compassionate love songs. Hands down the math was calculated from every area that makes a great album. (I still wait to hear some other artist to top Chinese Democracy as an overall well rounded album). Hey when you hire Axl Bond to get the job done, he delivers his 007 Guns and a stem of Roses.  smoking
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2009, 05:15:55 PM »

I don't listen every day but it is in my rotation. I have to agree with the person who said at least all the songs are different. It's true that when you listen to a CD, a lot of the songs sound the same maybe some variations in the chords. I still wish there were more rockers on this disc but I am getting warm to some of the slower tunes. Still love the rockers the best. Very motivating for me.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Annie
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2009, 07:23:24 PM »

Here's my opinion: CD is still fresh from the first day of its release. I can still listen to this cd once a week and still get rocked out. It's been a very long time since an LP / CD which is full of everything you expected from a complete work of art from the beginning, middle and end. It's got it all. Great rock songs to bang your head! Great conceptual topical songs that pertain to what is going on now. And some great compassionate love songs. Hands down the math was calculated from every area that makes a great album. (I still wait to hear some other artist to top Chinese Democracy as an overall well rounded album). Hey when you hire Axl Bond to get the job done, he delivers his 007 Guns and a stem of Roses.  smoking
I totally agree! I have fallen in love with music before, but it usually only lasts for a month or 2. If I don't get some CHinese Democracy every day, I go into withdrawal.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2009, 10:28:50 PM »

Its still in my car cd player.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2009, 11:22:44 PM »

I've been listening for the last couple of days

The leaks definitely took a lot away as I can't imagine how much I'd still love this CD had I heard it all fresh.

That being said, the songs I still listen to are:

Shackler's
If The World
Scraped
Sorry
Catcher
Madagascar
This I Love
Prostitute

Rest I sort of skip over right now

and after not caring much for it, I am starting to finally get into IRS somewhat

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2009, 11:24:08 PM »

3 months of listening to a good album I say !!

hey fuckhead..... who are you ? people have their own opinions..deal with it. 

GNR= SERIOUS FUCKIN BUSINESS!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2009, 01:18:56 AM »

You know that I, got under your skin...

How very cool. Its so great to make a point, and rather then giving a counterpoint, only my attitude and the way I chose to phrase my statement is being argued.

Listen, I fucking love the fuck out of Chinese Democracy. Someone wants to say some shit about it then them be fighting words. If you are of the opinion that Chinese Democracy isn't that great, then you can take your opinion and shove it up your ass. You see, last I checked this is Guns N' Fucking Roses. Some of you have been so pussified over the years, its sickening. "Everyone has a right to their opinion Buddha, fuck you!" Boo hoo, sounds like baby needs its bottle. Tell that lame PC crap to your daddy's. I am sure he will impressed with your cunning mental prowess. What, did your balls drop off?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 01:24:01 AM by Buddha_Master » Logged

Annie
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2009, 01:27:54 AM »

How very cool. Its so great to make a point, and rather then giving a counterpoint, only my attitude and the way I chose to phrase my statement is being argued.

Listen, I fucking love the fuck out of Chinese Democracy. Someone wants to say some shit about it then them be fighting words. If you are of the opinion that Chinese Democracy isn't that great, then you can take your opinion and shove it up your ass. You see, last I checked this is Guns N' Fucking Roses. Some of you have been so pussified over the years, its sickening. "Everyone has a right to their opinion Buddha, fuck you!" Boo hoo, sounds like baby needs its bottle. Tell that lame PC crap to your daddy's. I am sure he will impressed with your cunning mental prowess. What, did your balls drop off?
I wish i was a tough as you Buddha. At the last GNR concert in Vegas this really mean girl kept flipping her hair in my face. Now I wasn't about to give up my front row spot in front of Uncle Axl. I asked her to stop and she was very rude to me. I almost bust into tears. My friend Sam said that she would have said, "BITCH get your hair out of my face or I'm cutting it off!" Sam reminds me of you! I am happy to say that I stayed in front though.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2009, 01:35:28 AM »

I wish i was a tough as you Buddha. At the last GNR concert in Vegas this really mean girl kept flipping her hair in my face. Now I wasn't about to give up my front row spot in front of Uncle Axl. I asked her to stop and she was very rude to me. I almost bust into tears. My friend Sam said that she would have said, "BITCH get your hair out of my face or I'm cutting it off!" Sam reminds me of you! I am happy to say that I stayed in front though.

I am real bad with names, didn't we all party in Vegas? Were you there like at Rainbow and the hotel room? Fun fucking night. That chick was a bitch about it? Damn. I have to say at every GN'R show I have ever been to, the real fans have been cooler then any I have ever met from any other band. I never had a bad experience with other real GN'R fans. That sucks.

Annie
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2009, 01:39:20 AM »

I am real bad with names, didn't we all party in Vegas? Were you there like at Rainbow and the hotel room? Fun fucking night. That chick was a bitch about it? Damn. I have to say at every GN'R show I have ever been to, the real fans have been cooler then any I have ever met from any other band. I never had a bad experience with other real GN'R fans. That sucks.
No, alas we did not meet. I am really small with long blonde hair and a somewhat clueless expression. 95% of the time I meet super cool people at GNR concerts who are very protective of me.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2009, 01:48:44 AM »

Wow, I wonder why that is  Roll Eyes

Chief
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2009, 01:56:03 AM »

Chill out Buddha.. we're all on the same side here.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2009, 02:03:43 AM »

Dude, I am. I'm just having a little fun on here. Nothing I have posted on here, was done in anger. I am just talking shit. But out of respect to you Chief, I'll go play somewhere else tonight.

Marion68
VIP

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2009, 04:47:53 AM »

I listen to the CD" Chinese Democracy" everyday and it sounds great...

Smiley Smiley Smiley
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2009, 11:03:18 AM »

Ive cut down on listening to CD latley, probably the last month or so. I think I burned myself out on it.

Im giving it a break for a while. I know someday soon I will have the same love for it that I do for AFD and the others.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: