Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:18:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n? Roses Planning Summer Stadium Tour  (Read 382794 times)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2009, 10:10:17 PM »

that would be awesome.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #381 on: March 12, 2009, 11:53:18 PM »

I would like that

but I'm okay with the VH thing.  Irv seems to have a vision for the concert business and he's included GNR in it.  The goal is to get the band back on the road so I'm ready.

Lets see the tour schedule

and who is that new guitar player?

Diz, Red Rocks, how fucking cool would that be?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
maynard
« Reply #382 on: March 12, 2009, 11:57:48 PM »

All this talk about Van Halen, ACDC, etc doesn't make much sense to me. Listen to ChinDem... I don't know about you guys but I see a huge departure from the standard rock sound. Axl has a very distinct music taste, he loves modern music and his classic favorites are Queen and Beatles, more experimental and piano-driven music.

I think would be weird to see some old tired rock grandpas playing their generic rock music then Axl comes playing If the World, Schackler or Madagascar...

Sure, bringing a big band from the 70's or 80's would enchance ticket sales but I doubt Axl would be comfortable with it.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #383 on: March 13, 2009, 06:58:26 AM »

All this talk about Van Halen, ACDC, etc doesn't make much sense to me. Listen to ChinDem... I don't know about you guys but I see a huge departure from the standard rock sound. Axl has a very distinct music taste, he loves modern music and his classic favorites are Queen and Beatles, more experimental and piano-driven music.

I think would be weird to see some old tired rock grandpas playing their generic rock music then Axl comes playing If the World, Schackler or Madagascar...

Sure, bringing a big band from the 70's or 80's would enchance ticket sales but I doubt Axl would be comfortable with it.

Just some ideas, get some thoughts rolling in some heads...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #384 on: March 13, 2009, 07:06:57 AM »

AC/DC's European summer tour ends June 30th. Possibly late summer/early fall US tour for GNR and AC/DC?

hihi
God I hope not. I've never been an AC/DC fan

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
wakeup
Headliner

« Reply #385 on: March 13, 2009, 08:59:55 AM »

The new stadium for Dallas Cowboys is saying that talks of a AC/DC show are in the works for the summer.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #386 on: March 13, 2009, 09:07:47 AM »

I liked AC/DC back in the day, I wouldn't be dissapointed at all, but in the end, Axl does have a more modern feel to this album, so musically there is a big difference, yet we are talking about an act that may help them fill a stadium, Abba would completely dissapoint me in other words.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #387 on: March 13, 2009, 10:13:05 AM »

If the AC/DC thing DOES happen I'd actually be in favor of GNR playing first so I can go home after that.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #388 on: March 13, 2009, 10:18:40 AM »

If you take into consideration the opening acts for the 2006/2007 tour, I believe "diversity" is the word.  IMO, GNR would lean more towards anyone who is as far removed from the current GNR style/sound as possible.  Why have an act on the bill (co- or opening) that's gonna do the same thing you're doing?  And as much as I'd love for GNR to spotlight Frank or Brain in a drum solo, having them do that after Alex would be redundant even though each one could knock that out of the ballpark with their own uniqueness.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #389 on: March 13, 2009, 11:15:07 AM »

If you take into consideration the opening acts for the 2006/2007 tour, I believe "diversity" is the word.  IMO, GNR would lean more towards anyone who is as far removed from the current GNR style/sound as possible.  Why have an act on the bill (co- or opening) that's gonna do the same thing you're doing?  And as much as I'd love for GNR to spotlight Frank or Brain in a drum solo, having them do that after Alex would be redundant even though each one could knock that out of the ballpark with their own uniqueness.

Agreed 100%.

Phantom Planet and Hoobastank opened for GNR in Vegas in 06 when I was there. I consider that pop-rock as it's sure as heck not metal and not heavy and is more geared for the mass audiences.
Annie
« Reply #390 on: March 13, 2009, 11:33:30 AM »

Agreed 100%.

Phantom Planet and Hoobastank opened for GNR in Vegas in 06 when I was there. I consider that pop-rock as it's sure as heck not metal and not heavy and is more geared for the mass audiences.
I really liked Phantom Planet and Hoobastank.  The truth is, I don't care who they tour with, I'm really only going to see GNR!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 11:35:34 AM by Annie » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #391 on: March 13, 2009, 11:55:48 AM »

I really liked Phantom Planet and Hoobastank.  The truth is, I don't care who they tour with, I'm really only going to see GNR!

Wouldn't it be cool to see them play with someone else you were interested in seeing too?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #392 on: March 13, 2009, 12:07:04 PM »

yea but annie is unselfish. Edward wouldn't tour with GNR anyway.
Annie
« Reply #393 on: March 13, 2009, 01:45:44 PM »

Wouldn't it be cool to see them play with someone else you were interested in seeing too?
Madonna just finished her tour. Now I wouldn't mind seeing Uncle Axl tour with Paul McCartney. Those ticket prices would be beyond steep though. Paul charges $350 for good seats.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 01:56:29 PM by Annie » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #394 on: March 13, 2009, 02:34:53 PM »

I'd go.

Largely because I can appreciate both.  I still break out my "old" Aerosmith, VH, and yes, even AC/DC albums.  They are acts that, while they sound dated, have some classic material that just never gets old to me.

But I also really like Chi-Dem, and that's the album in heaviest "rotation" in my changer right now.....so I could certainly see a bill put together like the GnR/VH or GnR/ACDC bill that I would be more than happy to plunk down my duckats to go see.  Provided they're within relatively easy travelling distance (which would include NYC or boston...so, I think I'm good there), and I can get the time off from work (or it's a weekend show).

Now, the question is:  Are there enough people like me who would enjoy BOTH pieces of the show?  That I don't know....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #395 on: March 13, 2009, 03:54:37 PM »

Now, the question is:  Are there enough people like me who would enjoy BOTH pieces of the show?  That I don't know....

Aerosmith or AC/DC? 

Yes.

Van Halen?

No thanks.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #396 on: March 13, 2009, 04:04:52 PM »

I don't get what's the problem with Van Halen.

VH and GNR sharing the same audience, both of them are HARD ROCK bands, even now. Most the of people who like song as Runnin'with the Devil, Panama, Ain't talking about love, Rigth know, etc... like song as WTTJ, SCOM, Paradise City, Mr Brownstone, Rocket Queen, YCBM. Most of people go to show to hear that kind of songs, the CLASSIC SONGS...

Idem on Aerosmith or AC/DC.

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #397 on: March 13, 2009, 04:07:59 PM »

I don't get what's the problem with Van Halen.

VH and GNR sharing the same audience, both of them are HARD ROCK bands, even now. Most the of people who like song as Runnin'with the Devil, Panama, Ain't talking about love, Rigth know, etc... like song as WTTJ, SCOM, Paradise City, Mr Brownstone, Rocket Queen, YCBM. Most of people go to show to hear that kind of songs, the CLASSIC SONGS...

Idem on Aerosmith or AC/DC.

Doesn't remind you the beginning of "Atomic Punk" to the first riff of "Mr. Brownstone"? Everytime I hear that song it remind to the start of Brownstone... they're very similar...
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #398 on: March 13, 2009, 04:15:26 PM »

Aerosmith or AC/DC? 

Yes.

Van Halen?

No thanks.

i agree 100%. but I can't see gnr opening for any of those 2 bands. even if they "co-headline" gnr would have to come first and we all know that axl likes to come on stage late at night.

homo homini lupus...
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #399 on: March 13, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »

This makes no sense to me.  Old rock grandpas playing their generic rock music? This music keeps connecting to younger generations, why?  Because its good old fashion rock and roll, everyone loves it.  Axl will play about 3 to 5 new songs, and the rest will be his OLD CLASSIC rock and roll.  It just seems to kill some of you guys that their are other big bands out there who stayed together and still do very well. AC/DC album is selling very well, someone must like it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: