Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:51:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TOMMY in Bass Player (mag) April09
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: TOMMY in Bass Player (mag) April09  (Read 22606 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2009, 09:53:38 PM »

One thing I found interesting which I have no idea if it was common knowledge, but Pitman has been around since 98.. i figured he joined in 2000.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2009, 10:38:36 PM »

It's a good article. I'm glad that someone else in the band is now giving insight as to what was going on with the recording of the album.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 12:12:12 AM »

agreed... and all this time i thought roy thomas baker was good but he ended up delaying things even more!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2009, 12:28:48 AM »

well thats his style.. overblown productions
with 3000 differents guitars..  1000 amps.. 10 kinds drums

i remember an RTB interview about the darkness last akbum production.. saying they used like 30 dif guitars in just one song.. with parts where one guitar was just a few secs

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
GNRFAN20
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2009, 12:37:13 AM »

Seems like Roy added problems to the recording process.
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2009, 03:02:03 AM »

Tommy  ok

Great guy, great musician!

For those 0,2 % of you that don't have his solo album (Village Gorilla Head), pick it up. Well worth your while. Not so much what's in the title, Village People, Gorillaz and Motorhead but I will say that he is forever blessed by me for including Motorhead in the title!  Cool

Will be a blast to see GNR live again and in looking forward to many of the new songs, one was actually If The World and Tommy on that. Funny.

Death Cube K
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2009, 05:48:46 AM »

Why are the scans of this magazine filled with HTGTH watermarks? Do you have some form of agreement with this magazine??
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2009, 05:55:01 AM »

Why are the scans of this magazine filled with HTGTH watermarks? Do you have some form of agreement with this magazine??

She does a service for this site so go figure.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2009, 07:35:34 AM »

Riad live kick ass! The Vegas 01 performance was killer and I'm sure the band have fun playing it.

For those 0,2 % of you that don't have his solo album (Village Gorilla Head), pick it up. Well worth your while. Not so much what's in the title, Village People, Gorillaz and Motorhead but I will say that he is forever blessed by me for including Motorhead in the title!  Cool
Are you sure its Motorhead? I thought it was Radiohead...

Well, I agree with you - VGH is awesome. And it would be really cool if Tommy put his next solo album for free download!!!

Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2009, 09:59:12 AM »

I've been meaning to ask about these scans, actually. I enjoyed reading the interview but are these scan any more legitimate than say an early gnr leak?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2009, 10:07:08 AM »

I've been meaning to ask about these scans, actually. I enjoyed reading the interview but are these scan any more legitimate than say an early gnr leak?

If you want me to remove them, just say so.

We'd just have to make sure that everybody knows that the objection came from fellow GN'R fans.

It seems like some of you aren't happy that GypsySoul has spent her time and money on bringing these articles to all of us here. Just simply because she chooses to make sure that those who like to post others' work as their own, can't do so as easily as they wish.

Within like half an hour, the article was posted on other forums. That in itself isn't the issue. The problem is when people just take and pretend it's their work. I don't think it's unfair that she should get some credit for actually typing the article out.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 10:13:59 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2009, 10:10:16 AM »

"What really happened was the record company stood back and left Axl to his own devices. Axl had all these ideas, and he needed someone to help interpret what he wanted. He had to bascially produce himself, and that's not what he went into this wanting to do."

I thought that was the most interesting part. It makes some more sense of what Axl said in his last interview.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2009, 10:33:48 AM »

Riad live kick ass! The Vegas 01 performance was killer and I'm sure the band have fun playing it.

Are you sure its Motorhead?

aye yes

Tommy on "Why I Called My Album Village Gorilla Head"
"It comes from the song on the album called Village Gorilla Head which was three parts of music that I was trying to sew together to make a song out of. When I first started writing, for lack of anything else to call it, one part of it reminded me of Motorhead and one part reminded me of The Village People. As I sewed it together it seemed a good idea to call it Village Gorilla Head. Some people might find it interesting, but I don't. After trying to come up with serious titles and funny titles, my manager came up with the idea that I call it that. I thought about it for about half an hour and decided to go with it."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=14296.msg247456#msg247456
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2009, 01:14:53 PM »

^ Oh, I see. To be fair, never ever noticed

If you want me to remove them, just say so.

We'd just have to make sure that everybody knows that the objection came from fellow GN'R fans.

It seems like some of you aren't happy that GypsySoul has spent her time and money on bringing these articles to all of us here. Just simply because she chooses to make sure that those who like to post others' work as their own, can't do so as easily as they wish.

Within like half an hour, the article was posted on other forums. That in itself isn't the issue. The problem is when people just take and pretend it's their work. I don't think it's unfair that she should get some credit for actually typing the article out.....

/jarmo
Also, don't forget people who couldn't buy the mag because lives in another country. Smiley

Death Cube K
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2009, 04:21:39 PM »

Is she the author of the article?

It's not an objection. I'm pointing out that you're breaking copyright rules and to have it watermarked as "here today..." maybe isn't the smartest idea ever

Since you used to be so big on copyrights here *cough demos cough*, I thought it went for all things copyrighted. Not just certain things, which makes no sense at all.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2009, 04:39:28 PM »

You are 100% correct. Spreading unfinished leaks that were stolen and you paid nothing for is exactly the same as GypsySoul buying a copy of a magazine and spending her own time typing it all out for others to enjoy. Everybody is here is a likely Bass Player magazine buyer and reader.  Roll Eyes

Do you know how much material on fan sites is selfmade?

It's somewhat telling that the guy who's offended by this is the same guy who's spent a lot of time whining about how this board is run.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:52:35 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2009, 04:51:12 PM »

Damn it...I wasn't finished reading it. Thanks guys  rant

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2009, 05:02:03 PM »

Damn it...I wasn't finished reading it. Thanks guys  rant

+1
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2009, 05:07:58 PM »

Edit: I put the scans back. It seems like there's something called fair use.

If you're the copyright owner of said piece and you object to us using it for news reporting and commenting, please get in touch and we'll remove the scans ASAP.

You'll have to ask those DCK and chuzeville what their real problem is.

I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem if there was no mention of where the scans came from. So they could've posted them as their own work on other sites without mentioning this horrible site that can't be mentioned by name.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:52:01 PM by jarmo » Logged

AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2009, 05:13:21 PM »

For those complaining, we still got the most important part from their website.

Do you have plans to do more of that?
I do, but it?s a hard racket to get into. And right now is a really hard time for movies. A great way to get back into it is to hit the independent film circuit, but since so many hedge funds have gone bankrupt, there aren?t many indy movies going into production right now. I?ve had to put it on the back burner, but my studio is up and ready for when I do get the call.
I like the idea of having my own studio to score movies, but I can?t really count on those jobs coming in. And I?m going to be pretty busy with Guns for the next year and a half, so I might rent it out or put it in storage. I?d like to say that I?d use it to produce bands, but there?s hardly enough time to do my own music.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: