Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:46:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227785 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  TOMMY in Bass Player (mag) April09
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: TOMMY in Bass Player (mag) April09  (Read 22587 times)
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2009, 06:09:53 PM »

For those complaining, we still got the most important part from their website.

Do you have plans to do more of that?
I do, but it?s a hard racket to get into. And right now is a really hard time for movies. A great way to get back into it is to hit the independent film circuit, but since so many hedge funds have gone bankrupt, there aren?t many indy movies going into production right now. I?ve had to put it on the back burner, but my studio is up and ready for when I do get the call.
I like the idea of having my own studio to score movies, but I can?t really count on those jobs coming in. And I?m going to be pretty busy with Guns for the next year and a half, so I might rent it out or put it in storage. I?d like to say that I?d use it to produce bands, but there?s hardly enough time to do my own music.

True that, first it was the Robin leaving thread getting hijacked by slash fans, now we have members who have a problem with a scan of a magazine ? rofl 

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2009, 06:20:59 PM »

: ok:Cool interview! I like that he kind of shed some light on why Chinese took so long to do ... and it WASN'T just Axl being a diva, but the sum of the problems caused when drummers and guitarists leave, record companies put their nose where it doesn't belong, and not where it does.

I'm still kinda bummed about how poorly marketed CD was. I really think Best Buy dropped the ball. My local Wal-Mart just took down the Black Ice stuff like last week, and there's still lots of AC/DC things everywhere. Oh well, at least we got the best album I've heard in years out of the deal.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2009, 03:05:43 PM »

Great read! Thanks for posting! I would never have bought the mag. Not a musician just a fan.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2009, 04:03:58 PM »

Edit: I put the scans back. It seems like there's something called fair use.

If you're the copyright owner of said piece and you object to us using it for news reporting and commenting, please get in touch and we'll remove the scans ASAP.

You'll have to ask those DCK and chuzeville what their real problem is.

I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem if there was no mention of where the scans came from. So they could've posted them as their own work on other sites without mentioning this horrible site that can't be mentioned by name.

/jarmo

Oooo, how well you know me.

I asked a simple question regarding intellectual property considering that this forum's administration is usually pretty strict about it, that's it. If fair use is your answer, then why not just say it right away?
So now we can all reflect upon the 4 criteria of fair use:
       1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
       2. the nature of the copyrighted work;
       3. the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
       4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

I'm a librarian, you see so I'm interested in those things.

But, yeah, the name of the forum on material copyrighted by someone else is a bit too much! By the way did you like Kevin Cogill's last album?  hihi

peace
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 04:31:45 PM by Chuzeville » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2009, 04:45:41 PM »

I asked a simple question regarding intellectual property considering that this forum's administration is usually pretty strict about it, that's it.

Is this about your wish to download leaks and talk about them?

I'm fully aware that some of you are still upset that we didn't let you talk about those unfinished songs and will keep going on and on about it for all eternity.

I guess in your opinion if we allow people to post GN'R articles, we should allow you all to post link to download GN'R music for free.

Roll Eyes

If fair use is your answer, then why not just say it right away?

I thought it was obvious why somebody would post articles on fan sites.

Or photos. Or Youtube links.

I'm a librarian, you see so I'm interested in those things.

Maybe next time you can keep your complaining out of the threads and let those who wish to discuss the material do so?

But, yeah, the name of the forum on material copyrighted by someone else is a bit too much!

Of course.  Roll Eyes

But if you look closely, it doesn't claim to be copyrighted by the forum in question.

Maybe our rules aren't strict enough for you and you need to look for a stricter place where you can post?

If you're gonna do the same routine every time somebody posts a (news) article, I think the above is a good option for you.

I guess it's the old "if you won't allow us to download GN'R's songs for free, you shouldn't let us read articles for free either" routine. Obviously you didn't think before speaking of that's your opinion. If we start doing that, you wouldn't see a whole lot of things posted on any fan sites. A majority of news articles are copyrighted. Just because you can easily copy and paste them doesn't mean they're not.

What's left to post for you?

If you have taken pics at GN'R shows, you might have violated the venue's rules regarding photography.

You can't post pics that you found on Google because they're not yours to post. Forget news articles. Etc. etc.

We have to draw the line somewhere. And we did. We don't promote stealing from GN'R.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 02:39:53 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2009, 06:41:19 PM »

Nah.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 06:45:28 PM by Chuzeville » Logged
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2009, 10:59:02 PM »

here is the Soul Asylum gig in Peru that the mag mention, was on January 15th-2009  and they say the interview was right after Tommy came back from Peru, I think that people didnt know that the GNR's bassist player was right in fron of them  hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1si35shs8M

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2009, 11:03:09 PM »

Interview makes me even more of a Tommy fan. Cool stuff with the Duff mentions.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: