Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 05:32:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228014 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Revamped "Behind The Music" To Feature Axl?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Revamped "Behind The Music" To Feature Axl?  (Read 7480 times)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 09:15:16 PM »

would it be on just Axl or a whole new one having to do with G'n"R?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2009, 03:54:32 AM »

Im sure it would be interesting if Axl told his story in some kind of medium on tv, dont know if Behind the music would be
the best, but it could be cool

I have linked up lots of people with the Axl Chat, interviews and stuff, and lots of people got pretty shocked about it.. U know, some
are used to take Slash rants for good fish.

yeah, i think such a show could be extremely beneficial. axl could tell his side of the story unlike the previous Behind the Music session on Guns N Roses which was just a hatchet job against him.

these shows reach a lot of people and even those who arent going to take the time to read the chats can watch a few minutes of a show and get a new perspective.
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 09:47:12 PM »

Axl did some pretty big interviews with Kurt Loder for MTV that were always respectfully done.

The Behind the Music series has never about making the artists look bad but instead very human.  I can't imagine they would do anything negative.  It'll likely be the story behind CD, which is quite a compelling one.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 02:15:33 PM »

Axl did some pretty big interviews with Kurt Loder for MTV that were always respectfully done.

The Behind the Music series has never about making the artists look bad but instead very human.  I can't imagine they would do anything negative.  It'll likely be the story behind CD, which is quite a compelling one.

Did you see the GNR Behind the Music? It wasn't exactly positive towards Axl.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 04:07:38 PM »

was more like the ex GNR Behind Axl's Back....
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 12:06:36 PM »

I seem to recall not long ago that everyone on this site was celebrating Axl's general refusal to do this kind of show and saying that he was above the sell-outs with no integrity that whore themselves out to the TV networks for publicity.  Ho hum.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 12:58:58 PM »

I seem to recall not long ago that everyone on this site was celebrating Axl's general refusal to do this kind of show and saying that he was above the sell-outs with no integrity that whore themselves out to the TV networks for publicity.  Ho hum.

how is telling your story in your own words on a tv show meant to document musicians' careers "whoring yourself"? 

there's a huge difference between a reality show that involves catering to people's voyeuristic tendencies with artificially constructed "reality" and a well-researched piece that features an artist's journey.
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 04:56:01 PM »

Well, of course the history of the old GN'R does include the St. Louis and Quebec riots; they can't really be overlooked.

I think it was former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted who took a dig at Axl regarding the Quebec show. I don't think the narrator offered up a jaded view of him, at least from what I can recall.

Having Axl tell his side of the old GN'R story would be big-time must see TV. I hope it happens.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »

Well, of course the history of the old GN'R does include the St. Louis and Quebec riots; they can't really be overlooked.

I think it was former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted who took a dig at Axl regarding the Quebec show. I don't think the narrator offered up a jaded view of him, at least from what I can recall.
Having Axl tell his side of the old GN'R story would be big-time must see TV. I hope it happens.

You might want to watch it again, especially towards the end. I found it on Youtube in 7 parts under "Guns n Roses interview" recently.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 04:23:01 AM »

was more like the ex GNR Behind Axl's Back....

Obviously Axl would have been offered a chance to participate and declined, and that made it whatever story the other guys wanted to tell.   BTM is an authorized production.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: