Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 07:32:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On The Del James Interview
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On The Del James Interview  (Read 62665 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2009, 09:51:51 AM »

March 25, 2009

Lastly, in answer to all your questions as to why I chose not to continue on with Guns N Roses, the reasons are pretty well documented in my book, I'd rather not revisit that subject anymore, thank you.

Cheers,
Slash iiii|| ; )

MySpace update

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »

Lastly, in answer to all your questions as to why I chose not to continue on with Guns N Roses, the reasons are pretty well documented in my book, I'd rather not revisit that subject anymore, thank you.

Cheers,
Slash iiii|| ; )

What a legend!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2009, 11:22:11 AM »

I would love to hear Robin's side of the story

Smart money says that'll never happen. Sad

SOmething had to happen to piss him off though. U don't stick around a band for a decade and leave right when shit gets going.

Not necessarily.

I've always thought Robin was married to NIN with GNR as a mistress.  His relationship with Reznor (though tumultuous at times) will seemingly always take precedence over whatever else he has going on musically.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2009, 12:09:43 PM »

who needs who? both need eachother!! the main public in the rock world still would love to see them reunited, you cant twist that. Slash made his offers.....Axl refuses til death. so if it would be for the fans......Axl fails to respect this issue not Slash.
Axl should act according to his feelings, thoughts, not according what fans love. A musician is, first of all, a human being who has the right to be with the people he wants. It would be stupid that Axl reunites with Slash just to please the fans or the "rock world" or to make more money. Axl?s attitude makes me admire him.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2009, 12:18:46 PM »

who needs who? both need eachother!! the main public in the rock world still would love to see them reunited, you cant twist that. Slash made his offers.....Axl refuses til death. so if it would be for the fans......Axl fails to respect this issue not Slash.

Then why is it the Slash fans who are crying for Axl and Slash to play together again??

most who prefer Axl could care less.   

That alone tells you who needs who.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2009, 12:27:10 PM »

the chemistry on stage with those 2 together is hard to top and has been a big part of their success in the 80s/90s in the first place, something any other hired musician in the last years fails to IMO, and i'm not alone with that. people mostly call for Slash and Axl not Tobias and Axl or Finck and Axl.
respecting decisions and opinions....but calling it "stupid" to please soooo many fans in the rock world is out of line.
and still nobody can honestly twist the point that Axl is the only one unwilling to do some reunion with the classic line-up.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »

the chemistry on stage with those 2 together is hard to top and has been a big part of their success in the 80s/90s in the first place, something any other hired musician in the last years fails to IMO, and i'm not alone with that. people mostly call for Slash and Axl not Tobias and Axl or Finck and Axl.
respecting decisions and opinions....but calling it "stupid" to please soooo many fans in the rock world is out of line.
and still nobody can honestly twist the point that Axl is the only one unwilling to do some reunion with the classic line-up.

What kind of rights do you have to tell Axl who he needs in his life? Who needs to be in the band with him etc.?

I guess you didn't notice that Axl isn't motivated by the success?

He says he's not interested, why not respect it and move on with your own life instead of trying to condemn others to reunions they want no part of.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2009, 01:06:42 PM »

i've mostly only listed facts here, Jarmo. i didnt tell anyone what to do, neither did i mention success or money being an important factor for any kind of reunion for me.
if you interpretate the fact -that openly posting that out of the 5 guys from the classic line-up only 1=Axl says in 2008/9 that a reunion will never happen- as condemnation, well...thats your problem, but the fact still remains the truth for now.
further you dont need to tell me what to do with my life, and this is some real respect issue  Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2009, 01:56:04 PM »

So you just like to bring up facts about things that you don't even want to happen? You just like to argue about how everybody wants the reunion except Axl in order to achieve what exactly?

Why is it out of line to call a reunion, that's aimed to please a bunch of people who are never happy anyway, stupid?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2009, 02:33:24 PM »

You shouldn't call it stupid because the reunion is a sincere dream of some people.  You shouldn't call anyone's dreams stupid.  It may be unrealistic but I don't think it's stupid.

I am sure, that had the internet existed during the years of the Eagles breakup that people would have been clamoring for a reunion and others would have said no way in hell will that ever happen.  I think we all know how that one turned out.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2009, 02:33:53 PM »

so you got the fact talking finally and yes, unlike some others on this board i often like to talk about facts. people can and will interpretate the axl-no-reunion-stuff like they want. some call it egoistic mania, others true perfectionism, whatever....its up to them but the truth remains Axl being the only no-sayer. i dont see a problem listing this fact. actually i'm glad he did spoke out about this issue even if it makes some people happy and destroys hopes and wishes from many others. but its his decision so he is responsible for that and the blame and fame he gets from.

being little more subjective: with this band its always been some hard with hopes and wishes or any expectations, thats what long-time fans have experienced the hard way and better lived and live without.

"to please a bunch of people who are never happy anyway" is a totally subjective but offensive assumption by you i wouldnt rate any worth to discuss.

Re-Union time, baby!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #171 on: March 26, 2009, 02:44:23 PM »

I ask anybody

would u bet everything u own or your life that there will never be a reunion?

I can almost guarantee that someday, we will see a reunion.   Maybe not anytime within the next 5 to 10 years, but before its all said and done, it will happen, if only a one off show.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: March 26, 2009, 02:46:30 PM »

You shouldn't call it stupid because the reunion is a sincere dream of some people.  You shouldn't call anyone's dreams stupid.  It may be unrealistic but I don't think it's stupid.

But, if somebody thinks it's stupid, they probably have a good reason to call it that?

If somebody says "I'm not interested in that because I'm happy doing what I do now" and people still insist, you don't think it's a bit stupid, not to mention disrespectful?

actually i'm glad he did spoke out about this issue even if it makes some people happy and destroys hopes and wishes from many others

Destroys hopes and wishes? Yeah, you forgot to add the word selfish. Destroys some peoples' selfish hopes and dreams.

"to please a bunch of people who are never happy anyway" is a totally subjective but offensive assumption by you i wouldnt rate any worth to discuss.

It's a fact.

I thought you were interested in listing facts....  rofl

Offensive? Hardly.

Prove the fact wrong then. There's a bunch of GN'R fans who will never be happy. There's always something they want differently.

Are you saying all they don't exist?

/jarmo

gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2009, 03:04:25 PM »

But, if somebody thinks it's stupid, they probably have a good reason to call it that?

If somebody says "I'm not interested in that because I'm happy doing what I do now" and people still insist, you don't think it's a bit stupid, not to mention disrespectful?

actually i'm glad he did spoke out about this issue even if it makes some people happy and destroys hopes and wishes from many others

Destroys hopes and wishes? Yeah, you forgot to add the word selfish. Destroys some peoples' selfish hopes and dreams.

It's a fact.

I thought you were interested in listing facts....  rofl

Offensive? Hardly.

Prove the fact wrong then. There's a bunch of GN'R fans who will never be happy. There's always something they want differently.

Are you saying all they don't exist?

/jarmo

Just because you don't share that same dream doesn't mean it's stupid. 

Would you/did you like when people told you that your dream of having the best GnR site on the web was a stupid dream to have?

Like I said before, is it unrealistic at this point?  Absolutely.  Stupid?  Not so much.  I agree with D, it more than likely will happen at some point but until then we get to enjoy this new, ever changing, lineup.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2009, 03:15:43 PM »

Would you/did you like when people told you that your dream of having the best GnR site on the web was a stupid dream to have?

I don't know if I had that exact dream... But if I did, it would be a dream that was mostly up to myself.

So I wouldn't call it stupid.

If I had a dream of you working with people you don't get along with, maybe you'd think my dream was a bit stupid?

Personal dreams of achieving things in your own life aren't exactly stupid.

There's a difference between dreams and dreams. Wink

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2009, 03:17:57 PM »

It is stupid.   Guns N' Roses has a perfectly capable and solid lineup.    Do you like it?  If so, then stop worrying about reunions.  Do you not like it?  Fall off the face of the earth please.  Smiley   
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2009, 03:31:26 PM »

I don't know if I had that exact dream... But if I did, it would be a dream that was mostly up to myself.

So I wouldn't call it stupid.

If I had a dream of you working with people you don't get along with, maybe you'd think my dream was a bit stupid?

Personal dreams of achieving things in your own life aren't exactly stupid.

There's a difference between dreams and dreams. Wink

/jarmo

I see what you're saying.  But to have a successful site you'd have to depend on others to come and use your site and to some critics that could be labeled as stupid.

At any rate, I do see the validity in what you're saying.

For the record, I am not one of those dreamers hoping for a reunion.  I saw the originals in 88, version 2 in 92, vrsion 3 in 01 and version 4 in 02.  I am curious about seeing BBF and this DJ guy, though.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2009, 03:34:10 PM »

you know what all the re-union shit is boring.

if it happens it happens, if it doesn't so what. if people want to dream about it let them dream.

at the end of the day life goes on, the same way it did when people were waiting for the album.

oh and on a sidenote, antagonistic posts only fuel the fire, you say that it's stupid and you get another 10 posts saying why it isn't stupid. cut that shit out and you have a fraction of the bullshit left.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 03:38:10 PM by Alan » Logged

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2009, 03:38:59 PM »

ah, come on, Jarmo, you can do much better!

easy to falsify:
general happiness in life and the wish/dream to see one of the greatest duets in rock history reunite dont have much in common, if any. when you're combining exact those words above from you it would mean if the mother from your neighbour would love to see an slash/axl reunion then she's never happy in her life. eh...hello? this is what i've said allready, a totally subjective but offensive assumption by you. just because many would like to see them reunite you take this complete against them rating them being unhappy, thats the offensive character.
only replying on the fact issue, as said before i'm not willing to discuss that more.

the word selfish i'm very ok to add that when it comes to hopes, dreams and wishes...cause thats part of the structure of them.

haha, solid line-up? Finck just left, Jim Bob!! he is GONE! we all will....wait....or "have to" move on!!

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2009, 04:02:54 PM »

ah, come on, Jarmo, you can do much better!

easy to falsify:
general happiness in life and the wish/dream to see one of the greatest duets in rock history reunite dont have much in common, if any. when you're combining exact those words above from you it would mean if the mother from your neighbour would love to see an slash/axl reunion then she's never happy in her life. eh...hello? this is what i've said allready, a totally subjective but offensive assumption by you. just because many would like to see them reunite you take this complete against them rating them being unhappy, thats the offensive character.
only replying on the fact issue, as said before i'm not willing to discuss that more.

You still didn't prove the fact to be false.

There are GN'R fans who constantly find things to complain about (regarding GN'R).

If you claim otherwise, you're the offensive one!  hihi

I don't know what you're going on about, I was merely speaking about their complaints about GN'R, not their lives.

So you can twist and over analyze my words all you want, that was the only thing I was talking about. Fact!

I'll say this though, if a GN'R reunion is something you live for, maybe you do have an unhappy existence.

Meaning, if that dream is the only one that keep you going....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: