Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:50:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On The Del James Interview
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On The Del James Interview  (Read 62921 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2009, 12:20:29 PM »

Axl is clearly delusional.

rofl  HAHAHA!!! Well done man, finally someone has said it!

Anyways, Slash,Duff and matt played on loads of material that they werent really into.  Once the piano/keyboards came out, that was it for the old guns.  I mean did "pretty tied up" and "civil war" really need keyboards!  

Did Chinese Democracy really need to be worked on for 15 years, or did it really need the ridiculous entrance to TWAT!

Also, when i saw GNR live in 06, did they really need to cover christina aguilera's "We are beautiful".  HAHAHA!
do you really need to spend time posting on this site?
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2009, 12:31:31 PM »

Against my better judgement.

Jarmo

When nearly EVERYONE that knew they guy in real life says the same things, (Erin, Izzy, managers, Steph, touring bands, Duff, Slash, Gilby, Robert John  etc etc etc)
I mean seriously do all these people get together on weekends to get theyre stories straight??? or is it more likely that they are offering opinions based on what they saw/experienced??

I personally think Axl has a huge heart, but I feel that more than likely he has been extremely erratic at times and often not such a nice guy.
When I called him delsusional, Im taking into consideration $70,000 herbal wraps, regression therapy ( a 90's fad and unless im mistaken an almost entirely discredited therapy) 'almost to the point of conception'.......Im taking into consideration that Axl cant seem to function on any level , be it personal relationships or fan communication without massive dramas.....but then blames everyone else (former members, GF's, fans etc etc etc.....) It;'s classic

You failed to answer the following:

When Izzy called Axl a dictator that was out of control , is he LYING??
When Brian May completely disagrees with Axls version of events regarding Catcher was he LYING??

Or perhaps 2 people view 2 events differently?Huh
Slash could have DUMPED on Axl in his book, he didnt.

I think fans should get a grip.

Night

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2009, 12:35:58 PM »

This was supposed to be about the irony in the fact that after all these years, Slash isn't commenting on Axl.

Well, he was asked a question and basically just said whatever

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2009, 12:48:25 PM »

do you really need to spend time posting on this site?

Why shouldn't I?  Its not like one can be accused of trolling whilst in the VR section!   hihi

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2009, 12:58:45 PM »

Best post since the all encompassing "they're both full of shit". yes

That's just a comfortable way for some of you to accept that your idol isn't as cool as his image.

It's easier to come to grips with it when you can blame Axl too.

That's a ridiculous counterargument.   Both of them are idolized around here, to the point where some people believe it's just not possible for either one or the other to have been wrong in some way.  The notion that either one of them is blameless is lame.  Let's face it - both of them are probably full of their own bullshit.       
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2009, 12:59:26 PM »

I hope the above was not directed at me, Slash is hardly my "idol".  

No, it was a general statement.

/jarmo

Fair enough.

However, I hardly "justify" Slash's lying with any "Axl's this or that" commentary.

I have separate opinions of both based on their individual behavior over a period of time.

As mrlee said, "Full of shit" seems like a common denominator to all parties involved on various points of contention.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2009, 01:09:44 PM »

^^ exactly

The anaology Ive used before is:

Brian May and Axl disagree 100% on theyre stories on what happened with catcher.
Does this make either guy a liar???

Perhaps yes.

MUCH more likely its 2 people with differing versions of events based on theyre PERCEPTIONS.

Most rational people with no ideological barrow to push would conclude the same with Axl n Slash.

When Brian May completely disagrees with Axls version of events regarding Catcher was he LYING??

Slash could have DUMPED on Axl in his book, he didnt.

I think fans should get a grip.

Very good points.  I get tired of the sentiment around here, on a Guns n' Roses (which, by the way, includes many versions of the band) site, that Axl is the be-all-end-all idol whose every word is taken as absolute fact and if Slash said it then he must always be lying.  It gets old.   
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »

When nearly EVERYONE that knew they guy in real life says the same things, (Erin, Izzy, managers, Steph, touring bands, Duff, Slash, Gilby, Robert John  etc etc etc)
I mean seriously do all these people get together on weekends to get theyre stories straight??? or is it more likely that they are offering opinions based on what they saw/experienced??

When you leave something behind by your own choice or because somebody else makes that choice (you're fired), do you look back on it thinking of all the good things?

No, you try to justify your own decision by making sure only the bad things are mentioned/remembered. It becomes "of course I made the right choice, I couldn't stay".

If you're fired, then it's "that guy was an asshole, I did nothing wrong".

See above.

Maybe he wanted to see it that way in order to make his decision seem right.

I get that.

But I also believe that Slash sees things in a very different way and it's not necessarily close to the truth.

While Axl is honest.

Also, in the case of Slash, he's been caught lying!

How is that "seeing things differently"?

I get tired of the sentiment around here, on a Guns n' Roses (which, by the way, includes many versions of the band) site, that Axl is the be-all-end-all idol whose every word is taken as absolute fact and if Slash said it then he must always be lying.  It gets old.   

Of course you do.

As you said, Guns N' Roses site.

Axl is in GN'R, Slash isn't.  ok

If you go to a Slash site, then you might notice how they support him and his career.

We support GN'R in 2009, and Slash isn't part of the band. If that's an issue for you, maybe you've misunderstood something about this site?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2009, 02:23:37 PM »

Jarmo you make some good points sometimes, but seriously you cant even look at Axl subjectively, you turning round and saying someone who disagrees with you is wrong simply because you think Axl cant do no wrong is more messed up than people arguing over this same shit again and again
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2009, 03:13:11 PM »

Jarmo you make some good points sometimes, but seriously you cant even look at Axl subjectively, you turning round and saying someone who disagrees with you is wrong simply because you think Axl cant do no wrong is more messed up than people arguing over this same shit again and again

And your signature says a lot.  rofl

My opinion is that Axl is honest and Slash isn't.

I'm not the only one with that opinion.

I don't buy the popular opinion that Axl broke up the band. All those guys who left are responsible for their own actions.

Is it Axl's fault that Slash has an ego? No, of course not.

Yet people think he hasn't got one because he's just this cool carefree guitar player in a top hat.....

Maybe I should throw in a quote here:

I have known Axl very well for 23 years and Slash for 31 years and one thing for sure, Axl does not lie. You will always get the truth form Axl.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2009, 04:43:08 PM »

it would be cool to get more ^^Marc Canter talking regarding these issues. he appears to be more objective in general. main advantage: he wasnt in the band but always had and still has connections with both, Slash and Axl. so he might add some more "truth" than the both celebrity death matchers.

Re-Union time, baby!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2009, 05:07:42 PM »

it would be cool to get more ^^Marc Canter talking regarding these issues. he appears to be more objective in general. main advantage: he wasnt in the band but always had and still has connections with both, Slash and Axl. so he might add some more "truth" than the both celebrity death matchers.

He could add some more insight but what would he stand to gain by that, especially if he wants to keep his connections with both men intact.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2009, 05:33:57 PM »

i could agree the best solution for him probably might be NOT going deeper into this. and hell, i'm not requesting or demanding anything but seeing it from the fans' site.....Marc Canter could be the best objective source we could get regarding these issues IMO.
Beta, Del, Fernando are too close to Axl, others have no contact anymore etc., ya know?

Re-Union time, baby!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2009, 05:37:41 PM »

I don't think Axl is a "liar" and I think Slash lies but that doesn't make him necessarily a "Liar" if that makes any sense whatsoever.

I honestly don't think Slash takes enough fault for what his drug abuse did to drive that wedge between he and Axl.  I think Axl justifies *and maybe rightfully so* his control over the band due to it being like "well, I had to carry this band cause u guys were so fucked up to do anything" so why now should i go back to things being even.

he has a point. I honestly think the drugs really turned Axl off and caused a big distance between them.  SO i can see how that is Slash's fault and how Axl was difficult to work with, but maybe he was labeled "Difficult" cause he didn't want to be mediocre or just good.

I do agree that Slash is at his best when Axl pushed him.

I know from experience, I have always been sober and I have been in several bands with druggies and it fucking SUCKS and is        damn near impossible to deal with.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2009, 06:14:35 PM »

I'm sorry for anyone whose base opinion doesn't change through the years

Good for you. So you think lying is ok and you think changing your story to fit your own agenda is fair?

Slash is right, who cares what grudge Axl has, at this point, in 2009 to talk about shit that happened almost 20 years ago is dumb, so whatever describes it pretty well.

He cared enough to write a book about it and then go out to promote it.

/jarmo

Jarmo, the book isn't about Axl Rose and his hate for him......  Jeez...

So he wrote a bio?

Wow!! Fuck me, what a shock.

And in the bio he wrote about Guns N Roses and his relationship with the members of that band. Jesus! Who would have thought it?!

Thousands and thousands of people write autobiographies every year. There is no problem in that at all. Everyone has the right to express there thoughts on the life they have lived, and if people want to read about it... then he's a lucky chap.

You should give him credit for actually talking about stuff publicly, rather than locking himself away for years without a word. And what do you want him to write about? Should he just completely ignore Guns entirely or risk the wrath of Jarmo?

Yet one more thread that had descended into nonsense and pathetic bickering.

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
ToonGuns
Headliner

Invest in those memories!

« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2009, 06:18:32 PM »

When you leave something behind by your own choice or because somebody else makes that choice (you're fired), do you look back on it thinking of all the good things?

No, you try to justify your own decision by making sure only the bad things are mentioned/remembered. It becomes "of course I made the right choice, I couldn't stay".

See above.

I get that.

But I also believe that Slash sees things in a very different way and it's not necessarily close to the truth.

While Axl is honest.

I get tired of the sentiment around here, on a Guns n' Roses (which, by the way, includes many versions of the band) site, that Axl is the be-all-end-all idol whose every word is taken as absolute fact and if Slash said it then he must always be lying.  It gets old.   

Of course you do.

If you go to a Slash site, then you might notice how they support him and his career.

We support GN'R in 2009, and Slash isn't part of the band. If that's an issue for you, maybe you've misunderstood something about this site?

/jarmo

Are you basically admitting that this site is biased against ex members of GnR... whoever they may be?

A bad day in Rock N Roll is better than a good day at work!

Leeds Festival, UK - 23/08/2002
Download Festival, UK - 11/06/2006
Newcastle Arena, UK - 19/07/2006
Nottingham Arena, UK - 19/05/2012
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »

Are you basically admitting that this site is biased against ex members of GnR... whoever they may be?

It's not so much against the old members (IMO), but more about being for the current ones.  This is a fan-site, what did you expect, seriously?

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2009, 07:44:52 PM »

See above.

I get that.

While Axl is honest.

Of course you do.

/jarmo

That goes both ways. 

If you leave or get fired you say eh fuck them, big assholes, ect., ect.

If you are still there as either an employee or a friend or a hanger-on, very seldom are there any out of pocket comments unless you are not looking to stay long. 

Seems very few here want to look at this from an objective pov.

It's either one side or the other.  Very little in the middle.  It's like a couple of high school cliques.

Actually none of it really matters much in the end.    It's supposed to be about the music.
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2009, 07:48:13 PM »

Hypothetical question:  If Robin comes out in the future and says Axl was really hard to get along with and he couldn't stay any longer and that's why he went back to NIN is he going to get slagged the way anyone else says these things are?
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »

Man, I love the 'Slash lies, so therefore Axl has done no wrong' argument. Sometimes I find the level of fanaticism on this board just plain creepy. For someone to have their rational way of thinking so impaired by an individual that it insites absolute blind loyalty and sycophancy is a worry.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:11:13 PM by cfcsfc » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: