Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:12:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus on guitar hero - James Bond Theme.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus on guitar hero - James Bond Theme.  (Read 19254 times)
gonella
Opening Act

Wake up.... Try..... And Dieeeeeeeeee

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 03:11:03 PM »

have anyone been download the mp3 file??

thx
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 03:18:49 PM »

Hi, I can't access to the mp'3 player on his website too, I tried everything, flashplayer and adobade etc... but it doesn't work.
However the tune is on youtube, it's a great cover.

I bought Chinese Democracy and I was very surprised by the fact Richard almost didn't appear at all on the record while he was THE best guitarist onstage when I saw the band in 2006. Did Axl erase his parts? was there a feud between them or something? (that's just a question). If everything is alright, so why does he almost not appear at all on the record?

I heard there are other records to come out, I hope he will be on the following record(s) this time. He is the Slash of the new band in my opinion. The big Star of the band on guitar. Hope to hear him play the James Bond song onstage  Smiley

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 03:28:50 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 03:31:46 PM »

He also did guitars for a band called Saivu.

myspace.com/saivumusic

There's only one track up on the myspace at the moment though.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 03:49:04 PM »

or, do you really 'enter'?
of course I
e
n
t
e
r

Tongue

guess i'll just wait until some GHnerd posts it on youtube
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »

plays fine for me  Tongue maybe cheap jon is just to cheap to buy some decent speakers  rofl

try clicking play at the bottom of the page when you enter.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 04:26:03 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBgJGzz_v3I
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 08:46:04 PM »

guess i'll just wait until some GHnerd posts it on youtube

That was quick!  Grin

Great song!

adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 08:58:39 PM »

let's hope dickie is the new lead ax-er!!!
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2009, 09:16:09 PM »

I hope he will. The band needs another Star that just Axl. It has to be a Guitar Player of course. The new band is good, but it lacks a Leader besides Axl. Guns N' Roses (the old band) was a 2 leaders band (Axl and Slash) and Slash has never been replaced in term of leadership. Leadership is very important to identify a band. It just cant be "only Axl + a bunch of guys in his back". Richard has to take responsability in the band and be in front line with Axl now Smiley It will be better for the band  Smiley

Honnestly he was by far the best guitar player onstage when I saw the band in 2006, and one of the 2 or 3 best players I have ever seen, ever. Really. He impressed me more than Joe Perry (Aerosmith). And that means a lot!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:27:34 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 09:26:57 PM »

Preachin to the choir brother  Cool
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 09:51:54 PM »

4tus is slammin' on that tune, he should deff play that durin' a solo spot! drool

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 04:19:24 AM »

I hope he will. The band needs another Star that just Axl. It has to be a Guitar Player of course. The new band is good, but it lacks a Leader besides Axl. Guns N' Roses (the old band) was a 2 leaders band (Axl and Slash) and Slash has never been replaced in term of leadership. Leadership is very important to identify a band. It just cant be "only Axl + a bunch of guys in his back". Richard has to take responsability in the band and be in front line with Axl now Smiley It will be better for the band  Smiley

Honnestly he was by far the best guitar player onstage when I saw the band in 2006, and one of the 2 or 3 best players I have ever seen, ever. Really. He impressed me more than Joe Perry (Aerosmith). And that means a lot!

Fortus is a phenomenal guitarist and the greatest rhythm guitarist (chops wise) this band has ever had (and by a wide margin)... BUT going off: (1) Bumblefoot's solos and # of total performances overall on Chinese Democracy; (2) the fact that he seemingly got much of Buckethead's Chinese Democracy material live already; and (3) that he's a true virtuoso capable of playing anything, any way- my guess is that Bumblefoot is the primary lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses now and I predict he will be marketed as such. DJ Ashba may very well be next in line if he ends up with all of Finck's solos. 

As far as Fortus goes, I remember reading something where he said with GN'R he's quite comfortable in his rhythm guitar slot (taking the occasional lead) supporting the 2 leads and standing tall in Izzy's shoes (same interview where he talked about how much he enjoyed meeting Izzy) or some such thing... Not sure he's going to want to change that... or, more importantly, if Axl will want that to change.

The Bond clip does KICKS ASS! Cool
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 06:02:13 AM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 09:52:23 AM »

Any Guitarist, at this level, can play Lead and rythm, it's not a problem really. Richard has always been the main Guitar Player in all the bands he used to be, from the furs to LSL, Pale Divine or the Bashers, he always used to be either the only Guitar player or to be the main player among 2 players (to be honnest, I just don't get the 3 players thing, it's too much, 2 guys are enough).

The "he is only the rythm guitarist, he can't play lead" doesn't mean anything. He is absolutely better than Bumblefoot (don't forget I saw the band in 2006, I was close to the stage, I saw everyone of them very, very close) and I can't see DJ Ashba taking a central role in the band because he is just new, it would be very disrespecfull, in my opinion, for Richard and Ron.

To be the main guitarist in GN'R, you have to deserve it both by talent and longevity in the band. Richard is the only one, among the 3 guitarists, who has both, talent and longevity in the band. It seems natural to me that he will be the natural guitar leader of the band, it's a question of recognizion and respect.

But I agree with you. It will be Axl's decision I suppose, I just hope Axl will FINALLY let Richard be important in the band because he has always put him in the shadow and I never understood why he did that. It's like having a genius child in your family but punishing him by locking him in the room, you see?. I hope it will change now.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:55:35 AM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 12:36:03 PM »

Any Guitarist, at this level, can play Lead and rythm, it's not a problem really. Richard has always been the main Guitar Player in all the bands he used to be, from the furs to LSL, Pale Divine or the Bashers, he always used to be either the only Guitar player or to be the main player among 2 players (to be honnest, I just don't get the 3 players thing, it's too much, 2 guys are enough).

The "he is only the rythm guitarist, he can't play lead" doesn't mean anything. He is absolutely better than Bumblefoot (don't forget I saw the band in 2006, I was close to the stage, I saw everyone of them very, very close) and I can't see DJ Ashba taking a central role in the band because he is just new, it would be very disrespecfull, in my opinion, for Richard and Ron.

To be the main guitarist in GN'R, you have to deserve it both by talent and longevity in the band. Richard is the only one, among the 3 guitarists, who has both, talent and longevity in the band. It seems natural to me that he will be the natural guitar leader of the band, it's a question of recognizion and respect.

But I agree with you. It will be Axl's decision I suppose, I just hope Axl will FINALLY let Richard be important in the band because he has always put him in the shadow and I never understood why he did that. It's like having a genius child in your family but punishing him by locking him in the room, you see?. I hope it will change now.

Very good post. I don't really disagree with anything you said. I do think Bumblefoot has a whole other gear that he didn't show in 2006/07- primarily out of deference to Finck's and Fortus's seniority- that he will probably be encouraged to show now with Finck gone. Also, maybe it's a case where the fact that Fortus can pull off that "Izzy/Gilby" vibe sonically and stylistically better than anyone is both a blessing and a curse for him. It may make it hard for Axl to move him too much out of the "rhythm" role (though as you correctly point out he obviously does get some leads and is more than capable of being lead guitarist in any band he plays in). I guess the "X Factor" is DJ Ashba... if he's just a stop gap replacement to play Robin's "rhythm" parts live... than maybe that's the opening for Fortus to take one of the lead spots for his own. If, on the other hand, he's actually been brought in to fully replace Robin (lead and rhythm)- than I suspect Fortus will stay in the role he has.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 01:35:26 PM »

I really agree with what you say, it's a lot of strategy in fact between the 3 guitarists  hihi

But one thing about Ashba : if he were to replace Finck note for note, I mean at 100%, don't you think Ron and Richard would be like "ehhh...WTF? I've been in the band for years and this guy just got the job and is the main player! dawn it!". There's a risk of an unhealthy situation of competition whre Ron and Richard (especially him since he is in for 8 years now) would feel hurt and frustrated. DJ Ashba has to PROOVE he is good for the band (and I'm sure he is but he needs experience), you know, he just can't join in the band and be the main guitarist like that, or it would create tension (well, I suppose), even if he is a nice guy.

It's quite... political. You've to be carefull with the egos in a band. Axl has to be carefull about that and not frustrate Richard (or Ron).

All in all, it's just very complicated to manage 3 guitar players. It's much better when there are 2 guys, 50/50, no jealousy, no frustration, each of them is important and have responsabilities in the band.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 01:39:01 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 01:36:02 PM »

Didn't you used to be here before?

Anyways, I don't think you're being realistic. Richard Fortus is awesome, but I don't think he will take the lead now -  just as he didn't back in 2006.

4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2009, 01:40:02 PM »

No, you're wrong, he played some Leads in 2006  Smiley

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »

All in all, it's just very complicated to manage 3 guitar players. It's much better when there are 2 guys, 50/50, no jealousy, no frustration, each of them is important and have responsabilities in the band.

What exactly do you know about it?

Having three guitar players doesn't have to be more difficult than having one. It's about the personality and how professional you are.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2009, 02:12:40 PM »

I really agree with what you say, it's a lot of strategy in fact between the 3 guitarists  hihi

But one thing about Ashba : if he were to replace Finck note for note, I mean at 100%, don't you think Ron and Richard would be like "ehhh...WTF? I've been in the band for years and this guy just got the job and is the main player! dawn it!". There's a risk of an unhealthy situation of competition whre Ron and Richard (especially him since he is in for 8 years now) would feel hurt and frustrated. DJ Ashba has to PROOVE he is good for the band (and I'm sure he is but he needs experience), you know, he just can't join in the band and be the main guitarist like that, or it would create tension (well, I suppose), even if he is a nice guy.

It's quite... political. You've to be carefull with the egos in a band. Axl has to be carefull about that and not frustrate Richard (or Ron).

3 Years on and you're still recycling the same garbage you used to post?

How fucking boring.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2009, 02:16:45 PM »

the 2 guitarists no jealousy no frustration theory is quite dubious.
and I think all 3 guitar roles in gnr are important and responsible respectively. well all parts are.

Didn't you used to be here before?

our dearest nesquick?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: