Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:37:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Surprises Kids at Belvedere Middle School  (Read 37471 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 11:03:42 AM »

Smart money says Belvedere Middle School, Gibson/Epiphone and the "Little Kids Rock"
foundation probably had a hand in "publicizing" Slash's appearance....

I would bet the only parties "surprised" were the kids themselves...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 11:46:37 AM »

This has really gotten disappointing.

How anyone can make anything negative out of charity work, regardless of who does it, seriously needs to give themselves a wake up call.

I agree, the amount of Slash hate has gotten a little ridiculous but here's the math:

I support Axl + Axl hates Slash = I hate Slash = I'm a mindless drone

This REALLY made me laugh!!! GREAT POST!!!!  ok

At times the arguments between the "Axl" and the "Slash" camps are getting REALLY ridiculous.  rofl

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 12:45:31 PM »

At times the arguments between the "Axl" and the "Slash" camps are getting REALLY ridiculous.  rofl

It's become mindless repetetive drivel (on both sides) baited and perpetuated by the usual suspects.

I take no personal stock in either man or either side these days...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 01:53:43 PM »

Nice of them both! 

And Jim Bob was being sincere, and guild1 admits he was standing corrected, so then every things ok? 

Lets try make this board more positive from both "sides" because this is a cool site, I love Slash, I love Axl, fuck the drama, most of us love em because of music, and they're both great musicians no matter what!

Yay!  We're all happy for once!
I agree with you but I dont think thats gona happen on this site sorry.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 01:56:13 PM »

How anyone can make anything negative out of charity work, regardless of who does it, seriously needs to give themselves a wake up call.

I agree, the amount of Slash hate has gotten a little ridiculous but here's the math:

This REALLY made me laugh!!! GREAT POST!!!!  ok

True but its people that cant think for themselfs about being musicly open that get on my nerves I love the music from both Slash and Axl and think they are both great at what they do.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2009, 02:10:53 PM »

It will never happen on this site or any other GNR/VR/Axl/Slash site on the net.

The fanbase is irrevocably split with no signs of objective compromise from either of the "extremist" sides.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:25:46 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2009, 02:20:27 PM »

I am a huge fan of both and don't really care what one thinks of the other.

Axl visiting a cancer ward is great and awesome

Slash doing what he does is great and awesome as well

ok:  I agree!
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 04:12:45 PM »

Welcome to what it been like for people who have supported the current band over the last 10 years !

Kiss

Thanks Giant Robot...
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 04:16:13 PM »

ok I agree!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 08:54:46 PM »

ok I agree!

Double post quote fail! hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 11:32:03 PM »

ok I agree!

Double post quote fail! hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Hehehehe.... I as hoping no one would notice!
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 07:21:42 AM »

It will never happen on this site or any other GNR/VR/Axl/Slash site on the net.

The fanbase is irrevocably split with no signs of objective compromise from either of the "extremist" sides.

Yeh but it doesnt help when Jarmo not only promotes, but instigates this drivel.
I understand it must be extremely irritating having all the criticism of Axl on the main GNR forum, but surely the years and years of no communication, continual dissapointments, late starts, no shows, etc etc etc are to blame for this and the Slash factor is merely a contributing factor at best.

But the way to deflect criticism is to blame everyone else.

I find it almost embarrassing to be a GNR fan at times and the weirdo extremists on both sides that consider themselves 'true' fans, whilst the rest of normal society who are fans of both guys, and the MUSIC become the fringe element as time goes on.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 10:44:53 AM »

Yeh but it doesnt help when Jarmo not only promotes, but instigates this drivel.

I bet 99% of your posts are drivel.

My opinion is that when CNN shows up for s surprise charity event, somebody definitely wanted some attention.

I didn't say Slash did because I don't know. But from experience, he doesn't seem to dislike attention.

When people start using these news stories as some kind of example of what a great person he is compared to those who do their charity work more quietly, I'll point it out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 10:53:32 AM »

"Perla, I want to do something private and special just for these kids, call CNN and get them to come down there!"

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 11:15:07 AM »

Look I dont know about the media aspect but from what I gather Slash has done benefits/ appearances/ protests etc for /against wars / animal shelters/zoos, bands/etc etc etc......and Is it Slash that let the media know about this or his management ??  ( remember tours get booked without the bands knowledge Smiley  etc etc etc.......I wouldnt have a clue.

All I realistically can know is its a nice thing to do.

Who made the media aware of Axl's cancer ward visit??? Dunno.....Dont care......

I grew up around seriously agenda based ideological religious freaks that were TOTALLY unable to accept that theyre point of view was wrong and that the other guys opinion had validity..........this site has gone so far that way it's scary.....

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 11:16:46 AM »

Quick answer from a board crew standpoint, his board - his rules.

There are some who continually come to the site (all sections) only to troll, bait etc under the universal cloak of "well, it's a GNR board".  With that being the case, those should also realize Axl and company could possibly be brought up in any thread within this section since it is indeed still a "GNR board".

But the way to deflect criticism is to blame everyone else.

That's the way it's always been in the GNR/Slash/Axl world, don't expect change anytime soon.

I find it almost embarrassing to be a GNR fan at times and the weirdo extremists on both sides that consider themselves 'true' fans, whilst the rest of normal society who are fans of both guys, and the MUSIC become the fringe element as time goes on.

I think most who don't reside on the extremist side echo those feelings, the "fringe element" has indeed become the fans who take no personal stock in the parties involved but remain fans based on the music alone.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 11:30:08 AM »

Thanks Falcon.

A voice of reason Smiley

Start a site man Smiley.....A GNR site that offers open and honest discussion ( deleting extremists from either side) would be a godsend.

Back on topic....was a nice thing to do, regardless of spin doctoring people are attaching to it.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 12:31:07 PM »

Thanks Falcon.

You're welcome. Smiley

A voice of reason Smiley

Just a voice, nothing more nothng less.

Start a site man Smiley......
Sorry, not a chance in hell.

Back on topic....was a nice thing to do, regardless of spin doctoring people are attaching to it.

Of course it was, regardless of perceived agenda/motive etc...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 12:47:34 PM »

There are some who continually come to the site (all sections) only to troll, bait etc under the universal cloak of "well, it's a GNR board".  With that being the case, those should also realize Axl and company could possibly be brought up in any thread within this section since it is indeed still a "GNR board".

If Axl and GN'R is the main discussion topics in the VR section, why do we need a VR section?

Surely you can see the nonsense in that and understand just why we'd rather keep this section free of those topics?

I grew up around seriously agenda based ideological religious freaks that were TOTALLY unable to accept that theyre point of view was wrong and that the other guys opinion had validity..........this site has gone so far that way it's scary.....

Why is it always scary to be supportive? Why is it considered being a brainwashed freak if you chose to support your favorite band/team instead of supporting those who try to put it down?

What exactly is freaky about being positive?

I've been called a nazi and now a freak. Only because I chose how I run my own site and what kind of people I'd rather have around.

Why is it that those who point out the stupidity of your whining are freaks?

It seems like only those who whine are considered to have "valid points".

Funny how that works. If you point out the opposite, you're an ass kissing nazi.

If you spend time whining about GN'R on a GN'R site, you're a level headed objective super fan.

It's always your kind who are the "normal" ones. You're always the poor victims of the nazi freaks who are scary.

Maybe the real problem is that people like you don't like being told to shut the fuck up and keep your negative bullshit to yourselves?

By the way, maybe you need to realize that we have valid points too?

You know, that we're not interested in having a site full of people like you who only whine, whine, whine. That's fucking boring if you ask me. But no, you can't see any validity in that!

It's like having a party full of people who just whine about the music, the people there, the food, the venue and tell you how much better their party would be, if they just got their thumbs out of their asses and organized one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »

If Axl and GN'R is the main discussion topics in the VR section, why do we need a VR section?

Surely you can see the nonsense in that and understand just why we'd rather keep this section free of those topics?

Why is it always scary to be supportive? Why is it considered being a brainwashed freak if you chose to support your favorite band/team instead of supporting those who try to put it down?

What exactly is freaky about being positive?

I've been called a nazi and now a freak. Only because I chose how I run my own site and what kind of people I'd rather have around.

Why is it that those who point out the stupidity of your whining are freaks?

It seems like only those who whine are considered to have "valid points".

Funny how that works. If you point out the opposite, you're an ass kissing nazi.

If you spend time whining about GN'R on a GN'R site, you're a level headed objective super fan.

It's always your kind who are the "normal" ones. You're always the poor victims of the nazi freaks who are scary.

Maybe the real problem is that people like you don't like being told to shut the fuck up and keep your negative bullshit to yourselves?

By the way, maybe you need to realize that we have valid points too?

You know, that we're not interested in having a site full of people like you who only whine, whine, whine. That's fucking boring if you ask me. But no, you can't see any validity in that!

It's like having a party full of people who just whine about the music, the people there, the food, the venue and tell you how much better their party would be, if they just got their thumbs out of their asses and organized one.

/jarmo

Haha, right on. To be honest, when I started coming to online GN'R message boards like ten years ago I was surprised to find fans who weren't really fans. I mean, isn't that kind of the point of having a fan site, for fans to come together and celebrate their favourite band? Back when terms like "axlites" was popular. Fuck, I had a hard time believing that supporting Guns in what they do was being an ass-kissing "axlite", it was natural for me to be a supportive fans and I guess I made the mistake of expecting other fans to be the same way. Hell, if I had a problem with Guns N' Roses in any way I'd just listen to the music and stay off the forums.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: