Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:08:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mixing "Guns N' Roses" Live With Waves
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mixing "Guns N' Roses" Live With Waves  (Read 23625 times)
legolas
Opening Act

Vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time!

« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2009, 07:10:06 AM »

Any other places to watch those vids?? All I get is:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by UziSuicidal LLC.

230622-Groningen,120717-GoffertP-Nijmegen,060412-Ahoy-Rdam,100310-Gdome-Arnhem,
070206-GoffertP-Nijmegen,082402-Pukkelp-Hasselt060593-Goffertp-Nijmegen062392-Feyenoord, Rdam
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2009, 08:15:10 AM »

Just so people who didn't get to see the videos know, there's no actual video footage of anyone in the band.  It's just the guy talking about working the mixing board, and he plays SOME guitar, bass, and drums from SCOM.

It was such a short clip to make any assessments on DJ's playing off of that is ridiculous.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2009, 08:25:41 AM »

I saw it before it got pulled down. Pooch is really going to take this band to another level in a live aspect, he obviously knows how to achieve the GN'R sound, especially with the guitars. A big thing with the original line-up was that Slash didn't overpower Izzy and vice-versa , it was a giant wall of sound. Once Gilby came along that got lost in translation, and as far as the new bands it just seems the didn't ever have the right person to mesh the sounds together. It's not about getting the biggest sound for each guitarist, as he said one may sound thin on it's on but mixed together it's a big sound. I'm not sure who is playing the solo, but it didn't sound good.... I know it was like 5 seconds I'm not judging but it sounded like a horrible youtube cover. I'm sure that will get fixed before the tour. Anyways, Pooch  beer
cineater
Legend

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2009, 08:28:15 AM »

I didn't understand a word he said--lol.  Like his attitude and sense of humor.  And not that I'm anyone to judge his abilities, I think we got one of the best in the business on the GNR team.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2009, 11:31:38 AM »

And there is a friendly and briskly atmosphere in rehearsal it seems.

F*** , Sh**, F********** !!  rant

Arrived too late...Couldn't see the videos. Sh** !

Was Djs solo THAT bad  Undecided ? I mean he's a pretty decent guitarist when it comes to his own material, how could it be so bad ?  Huh Sad

I don't have such a quick ear to judge a solo from a split seconds in a demonstration of mixing.
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »

As mentioned somewhere else, when pooch said he wanted the fans in the cheapest seats to have the same audio experience as those in the highest priced ones.......GNR has the right guy mixing them live.

Great videos, thanks for sharing wile they were up.
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2009, 02:48:46 PM »

Pooch is a great guy and will do a great job as stated above, I noticed a post on his blog which may shed some light on the begining of the tour, although it's really nothing new:

"Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 07:59 PM
Any updates in the world of Pooch? How are GNR rehearsals going? Did you see the July/August dates LP put up?"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2009, 08:00:36 PM »

As long as the guy is able to push Axl's vocals higher up in the mix, he will be fine

thought it sounded pretty killer
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:12:01 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »

Yes, same ol', same ol' keep any news away from the fans.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2009, 04:10:07 PM »

What news would that be?

The name of the engineer?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2009, 05:09:37 PM »

i would consider the insight about how the band is being mixed for live shows as news for fans.
add that the engineer is talking to the cam....so in a way it was considered and edited together for getting out.
nevertheless stuff like this rarely is allowed to get out from the gnr camp as time has proven (robert john videos etc. etc.)

Re-Union time, baby!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »

i can't believe no one has pointed out the likelyness that this might be on a live dvd as xtra material  Wink
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2009, 06:21:55 PM »

actually i think this is mostly targeted to audio professionals and not music fans, besides the fact it was gn'r playing, it had very little to do with the band, it was more technical, and it's easy to understand that rehearsals taking place for a tour should be kept on a down low until the tour finally happens.

if the audio engineer did this without the band's permission i can see why the band would have a problem with that, but i do think this is all about "waves" products and nothing more, so i'm glad it's taken care of.

and yeah the solo was pretty lame, but we didn't see him play, he could've easily been distracted while playing that or doing something at the same time that took away his attention from the guitar, it's no big deal, rehearsals aren't meant to be perfect, nor open to fans or critics.

Chinese Democracy!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2009, 06:25:13 PM »

i can't believe no one has pointed out the likelyness that this might be on a live dvd as xtra material  Wink
to demonstrate waves to gnr fans?

same old UziSuicidal LLC?  Huh
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2009, 08:54:23 PM »

if the audio engineer did this without the band's permission i can see why the band would have a problem with that

I would presume the "Copy Right" withdrawal has more do with them "Uzi" making money off this, for example on a DVD as some suggested.

If it was against the bands will, then "jarmo" probably would have deleted this thread.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2009, 09:03:31 PM »

I would presume the "Copy Right" withdrawal has more do with them "Uzi" making money off this, for example on a DVD as some suggested.

All this does, is make me want a DVD that much more hihi
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2009, 09:09:55 PM »

All this does, is make me want a DVD that much more hihi

I can tell when a downloader is exaggerating  hihi.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:12:32 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2009, 01:48:40 AM »

actually i think this is mostly targeted to audio professionals and not music fans, besides the fact it was gn'r playing, it had very little to do with the band, it was more technical, and it's easy to understand that rehearsals taking place for a tour should be kept on a down low until the tour finally happens.

Exactly.

The fact that certain GN'R fans started over analyzing everything about it probably never was the intention of the clips. Like looking for clues where the tour is gonna start etc.

I get it, it's exciting to have an insight into how a band works.

But sometimes it can become a bit "dangerous" when you start getting your hopes up based on clues that probably aren't even there in the first place.

Over analyzing solos, that they don't even know for sure who plays on, but still use to attack the band members.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:50:48 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2009, 07:52:09 AM »

People need to realize that the current members put their own style into the old songs. IE/ Buckethead - Nightrain

I know it's over analyzing but, this is positive, but does anyone think based off the clips that SCOM rythym will sound more like the Big Daddy version ?

Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2009, 08:03:45 AM »

Exactly.

The fact that certain GN'R fans started over analyzing everything about it probably never was the intention of the clips. Like looking for clues where the tour is gonna start etc.

I get it, it's exciting to have an insight into how a band works.

But sometimes it can become a bit "dangerous" when you start getting your hopes up based on clues that probably aren't even there in the first place.

Over analyzing solos, that they don't even know for sure who plays on, but still use to attack the band members.....

/jarmo

well jarmo, we just love GNR, and whatever have the GNR name is interesting for us, we are hungry for any kind of news, if we find something that mention the band is enough, for me those videos are very interesting, I never saw how a mixing works, and was prety cool to see it, and I dont know how "dangerous" that can be, looking for clues about the tour???...we do it all the time, bashing band members??? we do it all the time....hope u dont delete this post
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: