Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:05:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mixing "Guns N' Roses" Live With Waves
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mixing "Guns N' Roses" Live With Waves  (Read 23622 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2009, 08:05:50 AM »

bashing band members??? we do it all the time....

Not here.

It's quite ridiculous to start bashing band members when you don't even know who plays on it, don't you think?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:07:57 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2009, 08:19:48 AM »

bashing band members??? we do it all the time....

Not here.

It's quite ridiculous to start bashing band members when you don't even know who plays on it, don't you think?

/jarmo

I have seen it bfore here, but I agree it is ridiculous bashing a band member for 2 seconds of a rehearsal solo.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2009, 08:48:37 AM »

I hope this new guy means better sound stage. Judging by some boots (I know, I know), there were always someone left unheard in the mix. Often, Ron got mudded.

But one thing bothers me... People complaining about many musicians. Take a look at some bands like Rolling Stones, with tons of backup musicians. Nobody complained about how to take the sound of it. Of course, it's not in the same frequency as the guitars-vocals-keyboards in GNR, but still...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2009, 10:08:19 AM »

Take a look at all the bands who have maybe four or five guys on stage but use all kinds of pre-recorded additional sounds to make the live sound fuller.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2009, 10:26:24 AM »

But one thing bothers me... People complaining about many musicians.

those certain phenomenon people.  Tongue

where the tour is gonna start

Judging from the tour thread, only one poster is genuinely curious about it tho. Happens to be me.  hihi
Christian
VIP

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »

It's funny read people complaining about the NEW band, even when the old band had a lot of more musicians in the Illusions Tour.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 04:10:12 PM by ChristianBR » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2009, 01:54:22 PM »

It's just a handful of people who complain over and over and fucking over again.  There's way more of us out here enjoying the fuck out of everything coming our way.  Can we tell these bitches to take it to the end of the line?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2009, 03:59:15 PM »

I also don't get those people complaining about many musicians...
To me, GNR can bring the whole orchestra and that will rock anyway!

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2009, 04:09:53 PM »

Take a look at all the bands who have maybe four or five guys on stage but use all kinds of pre-recorded additional sounds to make the live sound fuller.

/jarmo

Wrong.

Metallica, Oasis, AC/DC, Aerosmith or any other Rock bands don't use pre-recorded sounds. That's BS buddy.
Trust me, I saw Oasis once again last month, 2 guitars, Noel and Gem, and the band sounded like an atomic bomb. They were more powerfull than GN'R with twice less people onstage. They were EFFICIENT. Everybody had a large space, with is not the case with 9 or 10 people onstage. It was at the same place where GN'R played in 2006, Paris Bercy. The old band also didn't need 3 guitar players.

You know Jarmo, sometimes Axl can be wrong. Just accept that. You just can't defend him forever unless you're paid 1 million ? a year. I don't know how much he pays you to do "this job", I don't really care, you made your choice, but please don't say things that are.... wrong  Tongue

Ask yourself  question: why 99,99999% of the bands on earth have 1 or 2 guitar players, and not 3? Well... because it's not necessarry. Not needed. In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, Axl doesn't want 2 players because the guitar players would be too important. He prefers 3 in order not to have a Guitar Leader like Slash or a guitar duet. It's a question of leadership. There's no Star with 3 players, it's just impossible, none of them play enough to shine. None of them has enough space. It's more a backing band for Axl than a band with Axl. It's really different....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 04:29:27 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

Duff can't "open" for GN'R : it's his band.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2009, 04:29:23 PM »

Metallica, Oasis, AC/DC, Aerosmith or any other Rock bands don't use pre-recorded sounds. That's BS buddy.

So just because you list bands that don't, I'm wrong?  rofl

U2 has used sequencers since the late 80s.

Do you think bands like Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails "play" every note you hear?

It's also ironic that Oasis and Aerosmith employ touring musicians. I guess having the five piece band isn't enough to reproduce the sounds live....

Trust me, I saw Oasis once again last month, 2 guitars, Noel and Gem, and the band sounded like an atomic bomb.

Good for them.

Did you ever think that it's not the same kind of music that GN'R does?

Everybody had a large space.

Yeah, Noel and Liam certainly need lots of space.

Isn't Oasis one of those bands who run around a lot on stage?  Tongue

The old band also didn't need 3 guitar players.

I guess you wish Richard wasn't in the band? Who needs three guitar players right?  rofl

Axl actually explained this to you, but you just refuse to take it in.

You know Jarmo, sometimes Axl can be wrong. Just accept that.

Axl knows way more about how GN'R should sound than you do. Just accept that.  Grin

You're not an expert, you're just repeating the same old shit you've been saying for years "Richard Fortus is the best, the band needs to make him a star".

He's great, but he's one of three (3) guitar players. Just learn to live with it.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:48:11 PM by jarmo » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2009, 04:35:58 PM »

Motley definitely use an extra guitar track and backing vocals

UYI band still had more people

U had

Axl,slash,duff,gilby,matt,dizzy,teddy,tracy,roberta and the 976 horns which were 3 chicks

11 people

axl,tommy,brain,dizzy,chris,bumble,dj,richard,frank,

thats just 8 and frank and brain won't play at the same time

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2009, 04:56:12 PM »

Motley definitely use an extra guitar track and backing vocals

UYI band still had more people

U had

Axl,slash,duff,gilby,matt,dizzy,teddy,tracy,roberta and the 976 horns which were 3 chicks

11 people

axl,tommy,brain,dizzy,chris,bumble,dj,richard,frank,

thats just 8 and frank and brain won't play at the same time

Good point.

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2009, 05:24:32 PM »

I never knew compression was used in a live setting. This guy is gonna be under some heavy stress.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2009, 06:45:14 PM »

Hahahahahaha, Nesquick.
Hypird
Headliner

Hanoi Rocks

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2009, 07:55:22 PM »

Hahahahahaha, Nesquick.
Cheesy ok peace

"Just because I don?t sleep
Doesn?t mean that I?ve stopped dreaming"
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2009, 11:09:51 AM »

Jarmo, let's be adult, no need to be harsh  Tongue

Seriously, would it be a crime if there was a Superstar on guitar ala Slash? the new band NEEDS that. Axl is great, but he is not enough, sorry. The old band would have never been so popular without Slash. I don't see why it would be different for the new band. Another Star, especially a Guitarist, is absolutely needed.

There should be no separation between Axl and the band. In the old band, Axl was one piece of the cake, like Slash, like Duff, like Izzy and like the drummers. This is what we call a band. Equality. And recognizion for each of them. Why is it so difficult for Axl to accept he is just one piece of the cake?  Tongue
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 11:39:16 AM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2009, 12:12:05 PM »

Why is it so difficult for Axl to accept he is just one piece of the cake?  Tongue

what about you. do you yourself believe that? especially when it's contradicting your other account in the same post big time.

It's not crime to have 3 superstar guitarists in a band.
4tus phenomenon
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2009, 12:15:02 PM »

Why is it so difficult for Axl to accept he is just one piece of the cake?  Tongue

what about you. do you yourself believe that? especially when it's contradicting your other account in the same post big time.

It's not crime to have 3 superstar guitarists in a band.

I don't have another account, I don't know what you're talkin' about.
There's not even 1 superstar on guitar, so how can you say there are 3? Go to the streets and ask people who are the guitarists in GN'R.
They will say "I don't know".
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 12:18:41 PM by 4tus phenomenon » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2009, 12:43:23 PM »

the same is true with oasis or rolling stones or nirvana if you ask random people in the street.
"who's the guitarist of led zeppelin?" "Robert plant?"

I meant near future superstars. Or who was the superstar were you referring to?

I don't have another account, I don't know what you're talkin' about.

you said only one guitarist should stand out and then said all members should be equal.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »

That's what the clueless people say. They don't take time to listen to and/or read what he says.

If a guitar playing/band expert like yourself did so, you'd notice that the song writing credits alone on the band's album clearly shows you how others were involved in creating the album.

you said only one guitarist should stand out and then said all members should be equal.

Exactly.

This guy wants Richard to be the new superstar guitar hero while having a band of equals.

A bit contradicting in itself. One guy should be above the other members of the band? How is that equal?

The band has a bunch of talented musicians (including Richard). Some people just don't feel comfortable with anything that's not the usual "two guitars, bass and drums" setup.

But what do you expect from a guy who thinks Bryan Adams and GN'R would be a great tour......  Grin

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 01:31:20 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: