Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:09:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  is this english??
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: is this english??  (Read 30848 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« on: May 09, 2009, 11:24:41 AM »

Also; to the people calling others whining and yelling that people should be spending their time getting CD songs on the radio:

It is not the fans job to promote this record. It's their job to buy it and enjoy it if they chose. Get a grip.

Get a grip?

I think the whole point was that instead of just whining and whining, which helps nobody other than possibly the person doing the whining, do something constructive.

One constructive thing you can do is to request GN'R to be played on the radio.

It's always the same. When there's a topic where people can whine in, lots of them take part. But if there's a topic which requires some "work", it's usually more quiet.....

/jarmo

Work? Really???

The fans of a band "work" for them? I've never heard of that before.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »

Work? Really???

Geez, did you even notice how I used the word work in quotes?

It was a fucking example of doing something constructive with the energy some spend on whining. But instead of taking it in and thinking about it, you just whine more.

This is kinda typical for some fans.

Now you're not even whining about the band, you're whining about other fans trying to tell you that you can be more constructive.

Hilarious!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 03:34:29 PM »

Work? Really???

Geez, did you even notice how I used the word work in quotes?

It was a fucking example of doing something constructive with the energy some spend on whining. But instead of taking it in and thinking about it, you just whine more.

This is kinda typical for some fans.

Now you're not even whining about the band, you're whining about other fans trying to tell you that you can be more constructive.

Hilarious!

/jarmo

Hilarious indeed.

I love how any one who disagrees is "whining". It isn't the fans job to promote this album. If it had been properly promoted by anyone from the band or the record label, the fans wouldn't need to worry about "working" to help the album out.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 03:47:48 PM »

It isn't the fans job to promote this album.

Nobody's asking you to do the work of the record company's promotional department.

It's just a matter of being constructive. I'm sure if you really try, you could come up with more examples of how to be constructive instead of just whining about it.

Certain people on the Internet just like to whine. That's it.

When there's no album, it sucks. When there's an album, something about it sucks. When there's no tour, it sucks. When there's a tour, the shows suck.

Can you see a pattern?

The same people who thought the shows sucked in 2006 and 2007 now pretty much demand a tour.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »

U have to admit though, they don't do the best job of interacting with the fans. I think people get negative and upset at the lack of updates, correspondence etc than anything else.

it is frustrating at times being in the dark.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 04:11:23 PM »

It isn't the fans job to promote this album.

Nobody's asking you to do the work of the record company's promotional department.

It's just a matter of being constructive. I'm sure if you really try, you could come up with more examples of how to be constructive instead of just whining about it.

Certain people on the Internet just like to whine. That's it.

When there's no album, it sucks. When there's an album, something about it sucks. When there's no tour, it sucks. When there's a tour, the shows suck.

Can you see a pattern?

The same people who thought the shows sucked in 2006 and 2007 now pretty much demand a tour.

/jarmo

As a matter of fact, that's exactly what was being proposed. As if it's somehow the fans job to promote something that neither the label nor the band itself appear to want to promote.

But here's my thing, I believe I have a proven track record of trying to maintain a positive outlook. I loved the 02 show (even though it was cut short) I saw. Loved them both times in 06 and loved all the bootlegs/webcasts I could get my hands on from that era. Love, love, love the album. Physically bought it 3 times and once on RB2.

So the part that I don't get is how I can't disagree with another poster witout being labeled as a "whiner"

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 04:32:41 PM »

U have to admit though, they don't do the best job of interacting with the fans.

Yeah, Axl spent hours answering our questions.

How often do you see Jon doing something similar?

As a matter of fact, that's exactly what was being proposed. As if it's somehow the fans job to promote something that neither the label nor the band itself appear to want to promote.

Funny. I remember back in the day when requesting your favorite songs on the radio, MTV or whatever wasn't considered "doing the record company's job".

How times change.

So the part that I don't get is how I can't disagree with another poster witout being labeled as a "whiner"

Glad you enjoyed all those shows and album.  ok

Still, the point stands.

If people used some of the "energy" they use to whine about shit they have no control over on something positive, maybe things could be better for them....

It's far easier to go online and whine about how your local radio station sucks than to e-mail them and ask why they suck!

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 02:09:31 AM »

I just don't understand though. They have a video for Better, why not just release it?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 02:40:02 AM »

artistic plans change - as usual for Axl  ok

as a fan from this b(r)and name fans experienced it the hard way that its better not to expect anything!

Re-Union time, baby!!
mikeaxl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 03:11:57 AM »

i have been a fan since 1987, i know most/some of u were in diapers.  i also feel ur frustration with the way things are with the new guns.  guns even in the old days were non conformists AXL always did it on his terms.  granted,  it is at another level now but be patient he undertook an almost impossible task of reinventing the biggest band in music never been done before so enjoy the record which is brilliant and when he tours not if but when go u won't be disapointed. keep the faith he  will not let u down.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 07:54:17 AM »

U have to admit though, they don't do the best job of interacting with the fans.

Funny. I remember back in the day when requesting your favorite songs on the radio, MTV or whatever wasn't considered "doing the record company's job".

How times change.

Glad you enjoyed all those shows and album.  ok

Still, the point stands.

If people used some of the "energy" they use to whine about shit they have no control over on something positive, maybe things could be better for them....

It's far easier to go online and whine about how your local radio station sucks than to e-mail them and ask why they suck!

/jarmo

My local radio stations are great. They play plenty of Guns N' Roses. They just don't play any Chinese Democracy because the label and the band don't promote it in any way, shape or form. One guy calling them constantly isn't going to change that if he's the only guy who wants to hear it.

What kills me about all of this is that this thread was originally started asking what Guns N' Roses next move might be from here. Now here we are 7 pages later blaming fans for any sort of concern.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 09:48:28 AM »

My local radio stations are great. They play plenty of Guns N' Roses. They just don't play any Chinese Democracy because the label and the band don't promote it in any way, shape or form. One guy calling them constantly isn't going to change that if he's the only guy who wants to hear it.

What kills me about all of this is that this thread was originally started asking what Guns N' Roses next move might be from here. Now here we are 7 pages later blaming fans for any sort of concern.

Once again you missed the point and keep repeating your "I'm not gonna do the promotion work".

Nowhere did I say your radio station sucked or that you think so.

I gave you an example of how whining is so much easier than doing something constructive.

I don't know if the whole concept of being constructive is what's weird for you.

/jarmo

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 10:01:32 AM »

Once again you missed the point and keep repeating your "I'm not gonna do the promotion work".

Nowhere did I say your radio station sucked or that you think so.

I gave you an example of how whining is so much easier than doing something constructive.

I don't know if the whole concept of being constructive is what's weird for you.

/jarmo

Buying the album on several formats. Seeing several shows on several tours. These things aren't constructive?

Do you know how ridiculous it sounds when you give the impression that GNR can do no wrong? You don't seem to want to admit that there are glaring problems with the way this album has been handled, and when any one wants to discuss that, they get labeled as a whiner.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 10:16:14 AM »

Buying the album on several formats. Seeing several shows on several tours. These things aren't constructive?

Did I say so?

I even said I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Do you know how ridiculous it sounds when you give the impression that GNR can do no wrong?

Yes, I'm aware that things might seem ridiculous when you only look at things from your own point of view without knowing all the facts or not knowing why things happened.

Everything has an explanation.

Do you know how ridiculous it looks when people blame the band for everything?

You don't seem to want to admit that there are glaring problems with the way this album has been handled, and when any one wants to discuss that, they get labeled as a whiner.

I think I've mentioned that I don't think Universal Music or Best Buy did what they could have.....

That still doesn't mean that I have to think that just whining about things is being constructive.

Now we have people whining about there not being any news.

The band announced they have a new guitar player and they were rehearsing....

Been here before haven't we?

D?j? vu indeed....

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 11:20:40 AM »

"Everything has an explanation"

with this band its hard to believe though, big reason for it is that they mostly decide not to give out much or any information. this is no whining when people say communication with the fanbase surely could be better.

off now calling radio stations for playing cd songs  Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 12:05:52 PM »

Did I say so?

I even said I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Do you know how ridiculous it sounds when you give the impression that GNR can do no wrong?

Yes, I'm aware that things might seem ridiculous when you only look at things from your own point of view without knowing all the facts or not knowing why things happened.

Everything has an explanation.

Do you know how ridiculous it looks when people blame the band for everything?

You don't seem to want to admit that there are glaring problems with the way this album has been handled, and when any one wants to discuss that, they get labeled as a whiner.

I think I've mentioned that I don't think Universal Music or Best Buy did what they could have.....

That still doesn't mean that I have to think that just whining about things is being constructive.

Now we have people whining about there not being any news.

The band announced they have a new guitar player and they were rehearsing....

Been here before haven't we?

D?j? vu indeed....

/jarmo

Yes. We've been here before. It was ridiculous then and it's ridiculous now. And just to be clear, it's Universal and Best Buy who could've done more right? Guns N' Roses isn't at fault in any way?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 12:20:46 PM »

why are you so into fault-finding?

you got the album and the game, talked with axl online, hear from the band every now and then...and a tour is likely.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »

with this band its hard to believe though, big reason for it is that they mostly decide not to give out much or any information. this is no whining when people say communication with the fanbase surely could be better.

No, it's not hard to figure out why they don't explain everything. Probably every time they have giving an explanation has ended with Axl (or whoever) being called a liar....

So if they don't say a word -> "they don't tell us anything"
If they explain things -> "I don't think that's what happened, they're lying!"

It's funny how everybody else is always right about GN'R and the band lies to their fans.  Roll Eyes

And just to be clear, it's Universal and Best Buy who could've done more right? Guns N' Roses isn't at fault in any way?

1+1+1=3

If you take away two of them, you have one left.

1+0+0 does not equal 3....

One part of the equation can't do the work of the other two.

By the way. Since so many are against the constructive thing. I'm always curious about what exactly the whining achieves.

What good does it do to whine about there not being a video (for example)? The band knows it, most of us fans know it. Yet some people like to go on and on about it. Why?

I can understand offering an opinion like that if you're asked for it. Like if somebody asked "what would you like us to do next?".

But in GN'R's case, it's mostly people repeating things we all know and are aware of. So why do people keep doing it?

The only thing I can come up with is that it's easy to whine and maybe it makes somebody feel better....

/jarmo

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 12:48:16 PM »

not fair jarmo, I don't have as many fans as Axl..

but I have answered a lot of questions in the Ask thread  Wink
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 02:33:09 PM »

No, it's not hard to figure out why they don't explain everything. Probably every time they have giving an explanation has ended with Axl (or whoever) being called a liar....

So if they don't say a word -> "they don't tell us anything"
If they explain things -> "I don't think that's what happened, they're lying!"

It's funny how everybody else is always right about GN'R and the band lies to their fans.  Roll Eyes

And just to be clear, it's Universal and Best Buy who could've done more right? Guns N' Roses isn't at fault in any way?

1+1+1=3

If you take away two of them, you have one left.

1+0+0 does not equal 3....

One part of the equation can't do the work of the other two.

By the way. Since so many are against the constructive thing. I'm always curious about what exactly the whining achieves.

What good does it do to whine about there not being a video (for example)? The band knows it, most of us fans know it. Yet some people like to go on and on about it. Why?

I can understand offering an opinion like that if you're asked for it. Like if somebody asked "what would you like us to do next?".

But in GN'R's case, it's mostly people repeating things we all know and are aware of. So why do people keep doing it?

The only thing I can come up with is that it's easy to whine and maybe it makes somebody feel better....

/jarmo

Whining about GNR certainly doesn't make me feel better, therefore I don't do it. As for "people repeating the same things we're already aware of"; what would you prefer? No one talking about anything since there isn't anything to talk about?

And just to be clear are you saying that since Best Buy & Uni dropped the ball, that GNR should as well?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: