Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:13:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  is this english??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: is this english??  (Read 30845 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 02:39:12 PM »

As for "people repeating the same things we're already aware of"; what would you prefer? No one talking about anything since there isn't anything to talk about?

How about trying something constructive?  hihi

And just to be clear are you saying that since Best Buy & Uni dropped the ball, that GNR should as well?

GN'R can't do everything on their own.

GN'R can tour and do interviews. There's a lot of things that they can't do though.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 03:03:53 PM »

with this band its hard to believe though, big reason for it is that they mostly decide not to give out much or any information. this is no whining when people say communication with the fanbase surely could be better.

No, it's not hard to figure out why they don't explain everything. Probably every time they have giving an explanation has ended with Axl (or whoever) being called a liar....

So if they don't say a word -> "they don't tell us anything"
If they explain things -> "I don't think that's what happened, they're lying!"

It's funny how everybody else is always right about GN'R and the band lies to their fans.  Roll Eyes

And just to be clear, it's Universal and Best Buy who could've done more right? Guns N' Roses isn't at fault in any way?

1+1+1=3

If you take away two of them, you have one left.

1+0+0 does not equal 3....

One part of the equation can't do the work of the other two.

By the way. Since so many are against the constructive thing. I'm always curious about what exactly the whining achieves.

What good does it do to whine about there not being a video (for example)? The band knows it, most of us fans know it. Yet some people like to go on and on about it. Why?

I can understand offering an opinion like that if you're asked for it. Like if somebody asked "what would you like us to do next?".

But in GN'R's case, it's mostly people repeating things we all know and are aware of. So why do people keep doing it?

The only thing I can come up with is that it's easy to whine and maybe it makes somebody feel better....

/jarmo

So why do people keep doing it?

I think I've said this before here somewhere. But, the internet has given "everybody" a voice. And in some cases (some would say most cases) that's not neccecarily a good thing. The people that complain always screams out the loudest. And that comes to show in places like this...   Roll Eyes

It's like riding in a taxi and having the taxi-driver (who didn't gratuate highschool) lecture you on politics and the state of union...

And you Jarmo, being sorta "the owner" of the taxi-company (no offence), you deal with these people everyday...

Honostly, I can't understand how you don't get tired of responding to them   Huh   I seems to me that they love to get responses from you!

So they keep at it....   yes

Stavanger-rock-city!!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »

As for "people repeating the same things we're already aware of"; what would you prefer? No one talking about anything since there isn't anything to talk about?

How about trying something constructive?  hihi

And just to be clear are you saying that since Best Buy & Uni dropped the ball, that GNR should as well?

GN'R can't do everything on their own.

GN'R can tour and do interviews. There's a lot of things that they can't do though.

/jarmo

Annnnnnd here we go in a circle again. What do you consider constructive? Calling a radio station to request GNR and posting here about it?

As far as GNR touring and doing interviews, do you honestly feel they've done a great job of that since the albums release?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 04:13:20 PM »

What do you consider constructive? Calling a radio station to request GNR and posting here about it?

Something constructive would be something that does some good. As opposed to just repeating the same whining over and over again. Which obviously hasn't helped anybody so far.

Requesting songs is one example.

If you want another example, I'll give you one: Recommending the album to your friends, co-workers etc.

That's also constructive instead of just sitting on your (not aimed at you personally) ass whining about there not being any news.

I'm sure you can come up with more ideas.

But I guess in this age of "what can you do for me?", doing something unselfish is just considered "doing somebody else'e work".  Wink

As far as GNR touring and doing interviews, do you honestly feel they've done a great job of that since the albums release?

The tour hasn't started yet.....

So it'd be kinda weird to comment on how great job of touring and promoting they've done since it hasn't started.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 04:16:12 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 05:58:22 PM »

with this band its hard to believe though, big reason for it is that they mostly decide not to give out much or any information. this is no whining when people say communication with the fanbase surely could be better.

No, it's not hard to figure out why they don't explain everything. Probably every time they have giving an explanation has ended with Axl (or whoever) being called a liar....

so there is an explanation for everything but because of the "danger" getting their own words twisted and misinterpretated they decide just not to update (much)? sounds very pessimistic but fits the "mysterial" GN'R way of doing....can it be they just want this mysterious way, they somehow always have been connected with, to go on?
the fact for now remains they rarely tell anything! is it so hard to give some more updates here and there like "rehearsing kicked ass today, cant wait to go on tour. we're not goin' to open with jungle again ( Grin) " or something like that?

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 07:00:04 PM »

so there is an explanation for everything but because of the "danger" getting their own words twisted and misinterpretated they decide just not to update (much)? sounds very pessimistic but fits the "mysterial" GN'R way of doing....can it be they just want this mysterious way, they somehow always have been connected with, to go on?
the fact for now remains they rarely tell anything! is it so hard to give some more updates here and there like "rehearsing kicked ass today, cant wait to go on tour. we're not goin' to open with jungle again ( Grin) " or something like that?

They tell us when they got something to say. Always been like that.

Some of you just like to keep going on and on about it. Maye you've been going on about the lack of updates since 1985? Who knows....

Some artists are happy to do updates on what they had for breakfast.

GN'R has never really been that way.

It's also ironic that the complaints are still the same after Axl was on these fan forums a few months ago asnwering our questions.

It's like "that was great but what can you do for me now?".....

/jarmo

Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 07:20:22 PM »

Helping the album is one thing, but like you said you need all the elements to work together, so until the band decides to get out there themselves why should anyone else? Theres nothing like a great show to make somebody go buy an album.

I dont think the band are to blame for everything, but they shouldnt be cleared for everything either.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 09:06:10 PM »

It's like "that was great but what can you do for me now?"....

using this type of words against the fanbase is something you have developped to an extense the last few years. its not necessarily an pure egoistic fan move to question things which could help the b(r)and name. good communication is something from value in general, it cant hurt. and indeed axl has proven in december'08 he "can" do that.

Re-Union time, baby!!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2009, 09:21:58 PM »

I must admit that I would love to have updates in a more frequent basis, but that's not something that I worry about. At the same time, I prefer this ammount of communication than being overflowed with nonsense like, for example, Slash does with his twitter. I really dont care about the ''I'm having a big bowl of cornflakes 'cause today will be a looong day'' kind of useless updates some of you seem to need.

Guns N' Roses does updates if the info is relevant, and at the right moment.

GNR will never please some ''style'' of fan. Years and years being active at GNR forums made me learn that. Luckily, that kind of ''impossible to please'' fan is near extinction (they were majority some years ago)

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 09:28:16 PM »

I don't care whose fault it is, CD has been the most mismanaged CD to ever be released. I don't understand how a 10 year in the making album can have the ball get dropped so horribly.

It just doesn't make sense. I blame everybody involved from Axl to the label.

No radio campaign, no videos, no band when the thing got released.

Selling it to the highest bidder with limited stores and foot traffic, bad marketing and promotion...............

The label got their money back from Best Buy and basically told Axl to go fuck himself.

That is what I think.   I see two sides of the coin here.

Axl can't really do a lot if the label isn't behind it cause they put the cash up for videos,promotion etc. If the label was not interested in doing so and I will say that is the case, U cant really blame Axl.

The label once they got the green light was so afraid Axl would change his mind, they rush released it without any plan whatsoever.

so where do we go now?

IF the label did Axl this way on CD, what does this mean for future albums?

Can Axl get out of the contract and do the Indy thing? I just can't see that happening so it makes u wonder what the future of this band is to be honest. How bad does Axl want to be the biggest rock star on the planet cause I am not sure he cares about that anymore.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2009, 10:00:27 PM »

1+1+1=3

If you take away two of them, you have one left.

1+0+0 does not equal 3....

One part of the equation can't do the work of the other two.

Yeah, but at the same time 1+1+0 doesn't equal 3.
It seems like it's easy to blame Best Buy and the label for screwing up promoting, and I agree, they haven't helped matters. But at the same time, they both have a lot of other things on their plate to focus on besides ChiDem. GnR on the other hand could put pretty much 100% of their attention into the album. The album, its release, promotion etc. is the bands number one priority, while Best Buy and the label have a lot of other things going on.
Also, they don't communicate because they are scared of what a small group on the internet will say? That seems pretty damn paranoid.

It looks like GnR is always trying to shift responsibility to other people- We won't promote our record because Best Buy isn't pulling their weight and the label (who put, what, $13mill+ into the album?) isn't helping. And we won't communicate with the public because some people on a message board (who could actually name who is in the band) might get the wrong message.
Always someone elses fault.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2009, 11:44:24 PM »

As a fan, I am disappointed at the blown comeback.

It was all laid out for Axl and GNR to come back and be the biggest, greatest band in the world again and they just shot themselves in the foot on every single opportunity.

If CD had came out in 02 after the VMA's and a tour and all that would've happened, I have a feeling it would've been huge, especially if Axl had looked and sounded like he did in 06 but that whole debacle once again happened.

I guess from an entertainment standpoint, I was wanting badly for Axl to come back and save music and I fault my own expectations. I don't fault the band for being unable to deliver what in reality was probably unrealistic expectations to this fanbase.

The interview on the forums was awesome. I guess we take for granted what an awesome and rare thing that was but what gets misinterpreted as negativity is really just rabid fans wanting their favorite band to be the greatest, top band in the world again.

At times it seems as if Axl doesn't even care and that drives a lot of fans nuts and we get the attitude like, why should we care if they don't?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 02:15:47 AM »

At times it seems as if Axl doesn't even care and that drives a lot of fans nuts and we get the attitude like, why should we care if they don't?

You choose to care.   No one else makes that choice.    Whether or not Axl cares, thats his own choice.    Doesn't bother me in the least.   

Seeing GnR on top again would be nice, but is it realistic?   Is that even what Axl is trying to achieve?    I don't know the answer to either question.   

They're my favorite band and I am content just to see them releasing music and playing shows.   Hell, there were times over the years I doubted the album would ever be released.   So I'm a happy GnR fan.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 07:33:05 AM »

What do you consider constructive? Calling a radio station to request GNR and posting here about it?

Something constructive would be something that does some good. As opposed to just repeating the same whining over and over again. Which obviously hasn't helped anybody so far.

Requesting songs is one example.

If you want another example, I'll give you one: Recommending the album to your friends, co-workers etc.

That's also constructive instead of just sitting on your (not aimed at you personally) ass whining about there not being any news.

I'm sure you can come up with more ideas.

But I guess in this age of "what can you do for me?", doing something unselfish is just considered "doing somebody else'e work".  Wink

The tour hasn't started yet.....

So it'd be kinda weird to comment on how great job of touring and promoting they've done since it hasn't started.

/jarmo

Ok so don't comment on the tour that hasn't happened yet. What about the promotion that could've been done by GNR (not Uni or Best Buy) so far?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 07:34:02 AM »

I listen to the fucking album everyday. I love it. There are some songs that I listen to since 2001 and I'm not tired at all.

I never really thought about the new album as a massive sucess or something. I think it's good for me and that's what matters. Tours and promoting are bonus to me.

using this type of words against the fanbase is something you have developped to an extense the last few years. its not necessarily an pure egoistic fan move to question things which could help the b(r)and name. good communication is something from value in general, it cant hurt. and indeed axl has proven in december'08 he "can" do that.
Do you really think it helps to make ironic remarks about the band name?

I'm sorry, but that doesn't help much in your favor when you're trying to not sound like a whiner.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2009, 07:34:11 AM »

no tour, no video, no interviews etc = no public interest

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 07:45:07 AM »

no tour, no video, no interviews etc = no public interest

bingo.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2009, 08:06:39 AM »

your decision to call it ironic. GN'R is a band and brand name in my eyes, using "b(r)and" name simply fits both categories. if thats an issue to you i'd rather call you a whiner  Smiley, exspecially as thats not the main point in this topic or in my words.
the fact remains that cd is out for nearly about 6 months and there definatley is some lack of promotion and communication. for such an important release after all the years from Axl could some more frequent updates help when there is silence? off course! its pretty common that good communication is important. and its not difficult to do these days aswell. but we mainly got the 3x same lame excuses:

"some people would twist the words"......eh, if they really care about some few "online freaks" or press that much its a problem on their side. and when there are those few updates you dont need to wonder if your own words get back to you (recent example: the "better" video/ cd re-release)

"plans change"......sure, as always!!

"it was always like that"....guess what? we've been moving on, why cant they?

isnt it more like a warning signal when fans, people who do care about this band, wonder what is up? its not about "what can you do for me?" but more like "what has been going up at all after cd release and where do we go now?"
whatever the main plan is -most likely promoting the album-.....its waiting time again. and hey, a freind of me just bought 3 cd songs for that computer game cause i've told him to check them out on ps3  Wink

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2009, 08:32:05 AM »

Against the fanbase? Get real.

The truth is, some of these fans are never happy.

As soon as they get something, it's forgotten.

For years they demanded an album and by January 2009 it was forgotten.

You don't like the simple and reasonable explanations.

Fair enough.

Not much I can do about it.

The thing with these updates still remains. Whenever Axl or the band has said something about what they hope to do in the future, and it didn't happen, there's a "they lied" reaction. It's almost like some people take pride in pointing that out.

Many things are not entirely up to the band to get done. Yet, when it doesn't get done, a lot of people assume it's only the band's fault.

Then when you explain the reason(s), you get called a liar or just the usual "I don't buy it".

So maybe keeping your mouth shut seems like a reasonable solution.

When you actually think about it, you have a little more understanding for it. And when you've seen the same shit happen for years, you understand a little more than that.

GN'R is a band and brand name in my eyes, using "b(r)and" name simply fits both categories.

I guess it's one of your smart ass moves to show how unhappy you are.

Ok so don't comment on the tour that hasn't happened yet. What about the promotion that could've been done by GNR (not Uni or Best Buy) so far?

Promoting the album without touring and without the backing from the record company?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:45:36 AM by jarmo » Logged

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2009, 08:38:22 AM »

ui ui....another fan bashing and right back into speculation?! i can do that, too  Smiley
mod frequently bashing fans to fit his unhappiness needs!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: