Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:59:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler: Dirty Rock Magazine Interview
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler: Dirty Rock Magazine Interview  (Read 6777 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: May 13, 2009, 10:38:53 AM »

One On One With...

We talk in depth with former Deep Purple bassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes & original Guns N Roses drummer Steven Adler!!

Issue #7 - May 2009

Dirty Rock Magazine recently conducted an interview with original GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.

Dirty Rock Magazine: Do you enjoy this type of up-close-and-personal contact with fans and budding musicians (on the upcoming Australian drum clinic tour)?

Adler: I love it. I get so much love and so much respect from people, besides making me feel good, it's really cool and everybody is enjoying being with me. I've done a few of these and I've been going to these dance clubs and I've been playing with DJ Rush doing a drum set with the DJ behind me and I play for an hour or two on all these different songs and it goes over really great. It's a lot of fun.

The best part of my life so far is being friends with Slash again. He's such a superstar. And it's funny because I've known him since we were 11 years old. It's so cool to see where we started out and where we went. It's really cool because for 18 years we didn't talk. Oh, yeah, and he's working on his solo album and he said he had a song particularly for me to play drums on. That's all I asked ? just give me one chance, one song to prove myself to him.

Dirty Rock Magazine: That was going to be one of my next questions. So you're definitely playing on the album?

Adler: Yes. I'm very excited about doing it.

Dirty Rock Magazine: Sounds exciting. So you personally, who were your drumming influences when you started out and who are they now?

Roger Taylor from QUEEN has always been my favorite, and now from more recent stuff, I'd have to say Taylor Hawkins (FOO FIGHTERS). He is the best. And what about Dave Grohl? Where did he come from? I think that's the coolest thing ever. He came from a big band, huge band playing drums and now he's singing and he's out front of an even bigger band! It's harder to become bigger than NIRVANA, and he did it. And that's always been an inspiration to me. It inspired me to get my head together that's how much I'm into it. And some kicks in the butt from Slash, his support, I had a lot of support from that man.

Dirty Rock Magazine: Yeah, it's great to hear that you're friends again. But look, I've got to ask you even though you get in every interview. But GUNS N' ROSES, I just read that Matt Sorum suggested that if a reunion were to happen they should have you and him playing drums. What do you think about that?

Adler: He said they should have him and me?

Dirty Rock Magazine: Yeah if there ever was a GN'R reunion, they should have both of you.

Adler: Well, what I heard, I heard yesterday the same thing, but what I heard was that he said the only drummer for GUNS N' ROSES is me. And I was very happy to hear that, because he's right. I've recently become friends with him and I think somebody heard it wrong, because I heard the opposite. If it is what you said, I'm calling him up and saying, "Excuse me?" (Laughs)

Dirty Rock Magazine: So is a GN'R reunion as far away as ever?

Adler: The way Axl is, what I know of him, is he could make a call tomorrow and say, "OK, guys we're doing it." I'm not saying he's going to call up and say, "I'm sorry guys, and we're gonna do it." (Laughs). And he is that way, so you never know. Tomorrow he could call up and say, "Let's do this, guys." As long as the five of us are alive, there's an opportunity. But I can't wait, I can't wait, and I'm not going to wait.

I'm enjoying my life again, I saw Duff [McKagan]. I was hanging out with Duff. They have this Rock 'N' Roll [Fantasy] Camp at the studio I rehearse at and I went along and hung out with him and Rudy Sarzo, Kip Winger, Carmine Appice, Alan White? And they had a huge drum circle with four kits set up and I got up there playing with all these huge stars. It was really, really great.

Read the full interview in the latest digital issue of Dirty Rock Magazine at this location.

http://www.dirtyrockmagazine.com/

Thanks to Blabbermouth

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 10:51:03 AM »

And then people say it's Axl who is stuck in the past...

How pathetic can Steven Adler get ? When will he realise that he is responsible for his own demise ?
I don't know, but in the meantime I'd appreciate if he would just STFU... ok

EDIT : I mean really now, this is laughable. How can he say

The best part of my life so far is being friends with Slash again. He's such a superstar. And it's funny because I've known him since we were 11 years old. It's so cool to see where we started out and where we went. It's really cool because for 18 years we didn't talk. Oh, yeah, and he's working on his solo album and he said he had a song particularly for me to play drums on. That's all I asked ? just give me one chance, one song to prove myself to him.

and then

the only drummer for GUNS N' ROSES is me. And I was very happy to hear that, because he's right.

Come on Steven...can't you realise what happenned 18 years ago. Out. Gone. Fired. What is so complicated ?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 10:58:24 AM by The Glow Inc. » Logged
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 04:09:40 PM »

I hope Steven can swim, because he is in DENIAL.   I have people I have to deal with, who are exactly like him...they hear what they want and their blown up ego's prevent them from seeing it...when he is forced to see what Matt actually said, there will be a fight/argument and Steven will crash and burn again.   It's like reading a script to a real predictable movie.  I hope I am wrong.  no

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 05:40:13 PM »

give the guy a break. he was asked the questions and he answered them.

from what i have seen of steven hes like an energetic little kid and gets easily excited.
he said hes NOT going to wait for a GNR reunion and hes happy with what hes doing.

let him be happy.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:56:54 AM »

from what i have seen of steven hes like an energetic little kid and gets easily excited.
he said hes NOT going to wait for a GNR reunion and hes happy with what hes doing.

let him be happy.

Yeah i agree man.  its just cos he gets emotional and openly would love a reunion that makes people think he is living for it.
But he knows Axl better than we do and he may have one good point.  Member the slash story of Axl jumping out of the car and then acting like nothing happened a few days later.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Layflats
Headliner

I'm not an idiot.

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 09:15:26 AM »

Yawn.

Chicago 11/15/11
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 10:04:36 AM »

let him be happy.

it would seem the interviewer is the one living in the past; they are the one's that keep bringing the reunion topic up.....slash, duff, steve all get asked about it and respond to it; they do not go out and lobby for one.  Even Steve seems to have stopped lobbying for one.  I think he was in the past as it was coming on 20 years since the relase of AFD, but since that has passed, he seems to have moved on somewhat.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 04:53:14 PM »

likewise give axl a break. he answered the questions that had been asked.

No reunion whatsoe'er.
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 03:46:23 PM »

No reunion whatsoe'er.

how many times have you heard bands say something will "never happen" then turn around and do it.

it is impossible to say that it will never happen.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 03:56:04 PM »

those bands aren't gnr.

so it's possible to say.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »

how many times have you heard bands say something will "never happen" then turn around and do it.
oh and To be precise, never.

I've never heard my fav bands say things to that effect and do to the contrary.  hihi

$$$$
VIP

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 06:39:08 PM »

oh and To be precise, never.

I've never heard my fav bands say things to that effect and do to the contrary.  hihi

your obviously not a motley crue fan hihi

pink floyd ? live 8? ring a bell? anything can happen...

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 09:57:42 AM »

No reunion whatsoe'er.

it is impossible to say that it will never happen.
Not impossible, but I myself beg to differ Roll Eyes the idea should become obsolete, it is a frequent question that should be laid to rest in it's entirety.  Steven will never stop dreaming or realize the damage is done, if it hasn't repaired itself after 17 years, let go and be glad you can say you were a part of it Steven yes

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
DJ_bullet
Opening Act

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 11:40:02 AM »

It's good to hear Steven has repaired his relationships with former bandmates (or so he says).  And, well, Matt Sorum...  I hope Steve doesn't like, try to kill him when he sees what he really said.  C'mon Steve, this is the last train to sanity.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 01:33:37 PM »

Let's hope that Steve really does well for Slash's record, though I'm a big Adler fan i only hope for the best for him.  peace

No man can be my equal
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 10:20:30 AM »

Love Steven's drumming on Appetite. Doesn't matter what anyone says, that album had a distinct sound and alot of it was due to the drumming. Nobody can take that away from Steven. He's the 'ORIGINAL' Guns N' Roses drummer. It might never happen but who wouldn't like to see him playing in GNR again?

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Paranoid
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 10:26:38 AM »

It is nice to see everybody growing up and acting like it as well

Now if we can get a certain somebody to grow up too, we might all get what we have been waiting for...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 11:33:26 PM »

It might never happen but who wouldn't like to see him playing in GNR again?

I wouldn't.  A lot of people wouldn't.   We are happy with the members we have.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: