Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:15:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Suggestion to VR: Hire Anthony Keidis
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suggestion to VR: Hire Anthony Keidis  (Read 18780 times)
alex420gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 11:10:22 AM »

ok - maybe RHCP are still relevant in the case that they get airplay, but my point is that their quality of music has had a steady decline over the past decade

Believe me, I certainly wouldn't want Keidis to sing It's so easy (in fact, Axl, Duff, or Izzy should be the only ones to sing it)

Keidis comes from a different school of philosophy when it comes to music

He is more peace, love, social justice, and openmindedness

the GNR guys are more old-fashioned straight-up Rock n Roll

The problem with Weiland was that he tried to change is vocal range to suit the band, lets face it - Weiland had absolutely no business singing any GNR songs - people should go see GNR if they want to hear GNR songs

C'mon - this is NOT Camp Freddy, which is almost a parody of musical characters

VR- failed because they tried too hard to be accepted

With Keidis (or someone of his caliber) they should refuse to drag out GNR or the frontman's songs if he or she is famous
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 11:19:50 AM »

With Keidis (or someone of his caliber) they should refuse to drag out GNR or the frontman's songs if he or she is famous

This was the plan with VR originally.  They played them songs when contraband first came out cos they didnt have enough material for a whole set.  Just before Libertad came out, Slash said they were gonna take them out of the set.  Of course, whatever happened with VR and we'll probably never fully know, they didnt care about Libertad at all and continued playing the covers live.

Mind you, I always think its cool for them to play one or two Guns tunes.  The crowd really dig it!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 12:23:47 PM »

What about Contraband, thats faaar better than your little hero's latest 15 year effort  ok

sorry to ask you this but... are you Perla?

Because only Slash's wife can say such a stupidty like that.

This is not about being tolerant or not. You just can't say something like that. Not even VR members theirselves might think Contraband is ''faaar better'' than Chinese Democracy.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 12:45:05 PM »

What about Contraband, thats faaar better than your little hero's latest 15 year effort  ok

This is not about being tolerant or not. You just can't say something like that. Not even VR members theirselves might think Contraband is ''faaar better'' than Chinese Democracy.

I don't understand the idea around here it's like if you have a majority opinion and someone complains you get the "why don't you just understand that I like insert so and so or such and such better" but the other way around never seems to click? I'm sure MANY people think that Contraband is a better record that Chinese Democracy , it's a better straight a head rock n roll record thats for sure. To each is there own , NO ones opinion is factual. You can't prove that Contraband is better than CD , or CD is better than Contraband , its all a matter of personal preference.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 02:22:49 PM »

i don't think perla thinks VR is far better than democracy; she's said in interviews she didnt think VR was slash's best work
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »

Why the fuck do we care what Slash's wife thinks about Contraband or Chinese Democracy. Get a fucking life all that matters is what you think about said albums. Keidis in VR would be awful, he doesn't have a real good voice or range from what i've heard and hs lyrics aren't the greatest. It would be even more of pieced together pop rock album than libertad

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 03:02:18 PM »

RHCP > than most everything

Californication, By The Way and Stadium Arcadium are all amazing albums.

Kiedis' style would never work though for this band

Contraband is one of my favorite albums of all time.

It is very different than CD though so it is hard to compare

CB is a better straight up "rock" cd though

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »

i don't think perla thinks VR is far better than democracy; she's said in interviews she didnt think VR was slash's best work

Compared to AFD and UYI that is and What is better than that? not much

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 03:05:27 PM »

ok - maybe RHCP are still relevant in the case that they get airplay, but my point is that their quality of music has had a steady decline over the past decade

Believe me, I certainly wouldn't want Keidis to sing It's so easy (in fact, Axl, Duff, or Izzy should be the only ones to sing it)

Keidis comes from a different school of philosophy when it comes to music

He is more peace, love, social justice, and openmindedness

the GNR guys are more old-fashioned straight-up Rock n Roll

The problem with Weiland was that he tried to change is vocal range to suit the band, lets face it - Weiland had absolutely no business singing any GNR songs - people should go see GNR if they want to hear GNR songs

C'mon - this is NOT Camp Freddy, which is almost a parody of musical characters

VR- failed because they tried too hard to be accepted

Libertad failed commercially for the same reason CD did.  Lack of cross over big time singles. that is music today. If u don't have one or two songs that really hit, u can forget selling albums

CB had Slither and FTP which were massive hits therefore CB sold

Libertad had SBQM and Last Fight which weren't great singles and Libertad flopped.

Libertad flopped cause VR went away from the CB hard rocking kick ass style to more of an artsy Scott record.

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 03:46:53 PM »

you act like Slash and Duff aren't amazing musicians
amazing musicans who made liberturd?

Last time I checked, RHCP have been irrelevant since 1999 or earlier if you get right down to it
bullshit.  Their double album that came out 3 years ago has sold more records than all of VR's combined.

the amazing musicans that also made afd.. oh and contraband.. that has sold 4mm albums world wide.. and debuted at number 1.. if you go by that then i guess they are better musicians than a band that made an album that has sold 2.6 mm world wide.. and only debuted at number 3???  right?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 03:54:05 PM »

RHCP > than most everything

EGADS D, I find them virtually unlistenable.

Just goes to show it's all comes back to personal preference. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 03:54:37 PM »

It isn't about VR being inferior musically to RHCP cause they aren't

just sayin, why would Kiedis leave HIS band to join someone elses?

also, Kiedis' style wouldn't go well with VR's rock

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 04:28:20 PM »

back on topic though.. i like RHP but don't think kiedis would work for VR.. his style is much different than what vr shoud look for.. they just need a rock n roll singer..  i still think josh todd was the best fit.. but they  blew that for some reason..  now i'm hoping for the guy from million dollar reload.. Travel is really a great song.  Wether he was ever really considered or not for VR.. i don't know.. but getting his name thrown tossed around as a potential singer tricked me into checking them out.. and i ended up buying the album.. the album is ok.. but that one song is really awsome.. sorry went off topic again.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 10:44:05 PM »

you act like Slash and Duff aren't amazing musicians
amazing musicans who made liberturd?

Last time I checked, RHCP have been irrelevant since 1999 or earlier if you get right down to it
bullshit.  Their double album that came out 3 years ago has sold more records than all of VR's combined.

the amazing musicans that also made afd.. oh and contraband.. that has sold 4mm albums world wide.. and debuted at number 1.. if you go by that then i guess they are better musicians than a band that made an album that has sold 2.6 mm world wide.. and only debuted at number 3???  right?

look at you making this about gnr.   Roll Eyes

contraband came out in 2004.  it would not sell those numbers in 2004.  and don't underestimate the number of STP fans who had interest in the project.. they were one of the top selling acts of the 1990s.

anyways, sales doesnt' mean quality.   liberturd sucks whether it sold 10 copies or 10 million copies.   contraband isn't that great either, albeit it had a couple catchy radio friendly tunes.   And since you wanted to bring up CD, its way better than either of those two albums.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 11:41:55 PM »

5 years later I still listen to Contraband quite a bit

Libertad........... Everyonce in a while I'll break out Let It Roll, She Mine, Get Out The Door, Don't drop that dime and Messages.

Rest though.........

I hate when people say sales dont mean quality......... That sounds like the "it doesn't matter if u win or lose but how u play the game" bullshit.

Sales don't matter if u are an indie underground band, if u are a major band, they matter.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 11:44:08 PM »

I can't stand Fall to Pieces.  Slither was all right.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 11:46:23 PM »

Fall To Pieces had an amazing video

Suckertrain
Do it for the kids
Headspace
Spectacle
Fall To Pieces
Superhuman
YGNR
Dirty Little Thing
Set Me Free
Slither
Lovin The Alien

all of these deliver Big time and CB is the PEFECT workout CD. I have used it for years and it gives u the perfect adrenaline boost and the ballads are perfectly spaced out to give u that little extra emotion.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 03:22:49 AM »

And since you wanted to bring up CD, its way better than either of those two albums.

In YOUR opinion.  And in the VR thread its quite likely that a lot of people would prefer CB.

CB is a better hard rock CD, which is why a lot of us got into Guns originally.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 04:00:51 AM »

Fall To Pieces had an amazing video

Suckertrain
Do it for the kids
Headspace
Spectacle
Fall To Pieces
Superhuman
YGNR
Dirty Little Thing
Set Me Free
Slither
Lovin The Alien

all of these deliver Big time and CB is the PEFECT workout CD. I have used it for years and it gives u the perfect adrenaline boost and the ballads are perfectly spaced out to give u that little extra emotion.

Couldn't agree more! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 01:16:16 AM »

Well, whatever we're arguing about....I still say Kiedis would be a bad choice! 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: