Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:59:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot talks about Barefoot, Chinese and DJ Ashba
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot talks about Barefoot, Chinese and DJ Ashba  (Read 9968 times)
rabia
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 07:49:09 PM »

wow! thank you for posting this really cool interview. we're having a Bumble extravaganza this week. Smiley
angeles
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 07:57:51 PM »

Ron: ".... DJ plays melodic parts, but also can play very fast. He is very talented guy ... "  love

its really important what Ron thinks about the new member  ok

i love DJ !!!!  love
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 08:13:54 PM »

Ive said it since it happened. From a "Commercial" stand point, DJ is a HUGE upgrade over Robin. I hope he collaborates on new material with Axl.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 07:57:18 AM »

Sure it is and you wouldn't miss the chance to bash Robin. Roll Eyes

Anyways, I still find weird how those kind of tidbits about the album and the rehearsals doesn't seem to interest that much of people as the bash-fest threads.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 08:38:40 AM »

Anyways, I still find weird how those kind of tidbits about the album and the rehearsals doesn't seem to interest that much of people as the bash-fest threads.
You know people love talking about the negative stuff.  That's why those threads will go on for days on end.  When there's something positive to talk about those people are looking to find the negative.  They'll join in soon I'm sure.  Ron probably said something wrong in the interview and we'll find out what it was.

Great read.  I'd love to see what Axl, Ron, and DJ could come up with.  Of course adding the other guys to the mix as well would be nice.  Don't wanna forget them.  But since those 2 weren't around for the creation of the songs on CD, I guess Richard and Frank too, it'd be nice to see what they can bring to the table.  DJ's obviously had some success recently.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 09:23:17 AM »

Thanks for posting, that was an interesting read.  yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 10:59:01 AM »

Ive said it since it happened. From a "Commercial" stand point, DJ is a HUGE upgrade over Robin. I hope he collaborates on new material with Axl.

Dj phenomenon starts now.

"you should have called this 'BBF interview still no tour info!' would go double platinum on the first day." Tongue

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 12:53:42 PM »

You know people love talking about the negative stuff.  That's why those threads will go on for days on end.  When there's something positive to talk about those people are looking to find the negative.  They'll join in soon I'm sure.  Ron probably said something wrong in the interview and we'll find out what it was.
True on that.

^ Hahahaahaha

Great read.  I'd love to see what Axl, Ron, and DJ could come up with.  Of course adding the other guys to the mix as well would be nice.  Don't wanna forget them.  But since those 2 weren't around for the creation of the songs on CD, I guess Richard and Frank too, it'd be nice to see what they can bring to the table.  DJ's obviously had some success recently.
Actually, I think there was a misunderstood. There was no mention in this interview about DJ and Ron writing some stuff with Axl - quite the opposite. The original poster made some confusion when writing and me and some others got the wrong impression.

Still, it would be cool to know what songs didn't make the final cut and if they'll ever be released.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 01:48:21 PM »

I think its funny how Bach saying Axl told him there was going to be 3 albums magically turned into just a rumor that got out of hand.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 04:37:58 PM »

True on that.

^ Hahahaahaha

Actually, I think there was a misunderstood. There was no mention in this interview about DJ and Ron writing some stuff with Axl - quite the opposite. The original poster made some confusion when writing and me and some others got the wrong impression.

Still, it would be cool to know what songs didn't make the final cut and if they'll ever be released.
Really?  The part about DJ, Ron, and Axl working on new material was mistranslated?  Has it been corrected?  Looks like I have to go back and re-read.  Well I would love to hear what they could come up with, if they ever get around to it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 10:07:17 AM »

Yeah, it was. It wasn't in the actual interview/article.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 01:07:17 PM »

I believe the part about bran new material was just eye 2 eye, the kind soul trying to explain this bit.

Q: Or maybe it was your purpouse to show your bandmates your possibilities - "Look how cool I'm composing, maybe we will use in on the next record" ?
Ron : No, I didn't even think about it. If I take part in recording another Gn'R album I will compose anyway. But maybe if I work on another acoustic album I'd invite Axl to sing, if it makes you happy.

It's an English translation of a polish translation of an English interview after all. eye2eye did a good job.

anyhoo
I find it interesting that Ron considers those new, intense and weird stuff on cd industrial. I beg to differ.  Tongue
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 03:58:32 PM »

Awesome interview - thanks for sharing!

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 05:00:36 PM »

Thanks for posting.

I wonder if anything was "lost in translation"...

English -> Polish -> English...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2009, 11:40:49 PM »

Very cool!!
Bumble is nice.  Smiley

Thanks for posting.

I wonder if anything was "lost in translation"...

English -> Polish -> English...

/jarmo

I?m positive that something was lost in translation  Grin
I'm a translator, and something always gets lost, wether you like it or not... Undecided

Didn't someone mention  that bumble was going to talk about new songs written by Bumble, DJ and Axl?
Did I skip that in the interview, did I misunderstand or did it not get mentioned in the interview? Huh
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 11:44:58 PM by Deb Rose » Logged

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I?m gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 10:42:36 AM »

Didn't someone mention  that bumble was going to talk about new songs written by Bumble, DJ and Axl?

Nope but probably there will be such new songs in the future.
Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 10:59:18 AM »

Nope but probably there will be such new songs in the future.

I eagerly look foward to that.  Grin
It will be awesome.

I've got an itchy finger
And blow them all away
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 11:03:19 AM »

Did I skip that in the interview, did I misunderstand or did it not get mentioned in the interview? Huh
Like I said before, the poster eye2eye on cd.com said something about this and we all thought the interview would have this kind of information. Turned out that it didn't, it was all a misunderstood.

Deb Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 04:03:12 PM »

Like I said before, the poster eye2eye on cd.com said something about this and we all thought the interview would have this kind of information. Turned out that it didn't, it was all a misunderstood.

Yeah, sorry.
I hadn't read much of what other people posted when I posted this... haha it was late and I?m kind of lazy.
But this morning I read it and saw that you explained it

thanks

Wink
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 04:09:05 PM by Deb Rose » Logged

I've got an itchy finger
And blow them all away
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 04:29:57 PM »

the more i hear from bf the more i like him.

He seems to enjoy and appreciate being in gnr and is willing to make sacrifices in order to help gnr.

First he said he canceled a solo tour so he would be available 100% for gnr.

then he admits he didn't want any copies of the music prior to CD release in order to be crystal clear regarding leaks.

these are signs of true devotion! ok
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 04:34:59 PM by greekmule » Logged

homo homini lupus...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: