Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:49:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?  (Read 181207 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2009, 02:14:18 PM »

YG does have a point. It isn't selling out when you are doing your music.

Hell, even the integrity filled mighty Pearl Jam did Conan and are filming a Target Commercial..................

If Axl doesn't want to do this stuff, that is fine, but when it comes down to why CD wasn't a bigger commercial success, I think it is very fair to place the blame at his door for a good majority of it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2009, 02:14:56 PM »

Who is asking Axl to go on reality shows to promote CD?

Why do you keep twisting shit around? I didn't say anybody is asking him to do it. Duh!

I'm saying musicians do things that were unthinkable only a few years ago!

Axl doesn't, he does things on his terms. Something you disagree with. For some reason.

no shit sherlock. but you are blind to realize that no1 here is asking him to do that stuff.

Once again, that's just you twisting shit around because you fail to get the point.

Axl is no different than any other celebrity in that they do what they want to do. again stop with the integrity trip.

Shows how much you know.

Some people crave the spotlight and will do anything to get and stay there.

And if Axl doesnt want to do videos, tour, press, etc..Come out and say it. Say at this point in my career I am content with my lifestyle etc. Ill jut be making music periodically.

not that hard.

Cry

Maybe he doesn't wanna say something that's not true?

If he doesn't want to make a video today, does it mean he never wants to make a video? Not necessarily!

They don't update us until they think it's time to say something. Try to realize that and stop spending your valuable time whining about it.

Get that chip off your shoulder and you'll see that you can get by without it.

Could CD be his swan song?

I guess some of you would be extremely happy.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2009, 02:24:17 PM »

Just too funny that your keep contradicting your old self.
provide the context of the covo your talking about before telling me im contradicting myself

not sure how 'this conversation' you're refereeing to relates to the topic.
very simple...
title of thread is asking why CD hasnt caught on

Im suggesting, as well as others, that it takes more than releasing an album to be successful with the general public.

fans devotion.
about what the band will do with it, wait and see.

about your contradicting your old self, check your own posting history yourself. this is not really the place to provide it is it?

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2009, 02:24:28 PM »

Why do you keep twisting shit around? I didn't say anybody is asking him to do it. Duh!

I'm saying musicians do things that were unthinkable only a few years ago!

Axl doesn't, he does things on his terms. Something you disagree with. For some reason

And Im saying that ROCK bands, the legit ones, promote their albums. You keep bringing up musicians. Who cares about musicians. Noone here cares or is talking about musicians. I dont care what the pop scene does and noone here is asking Axl to do those things. Your the one twisting things around.

Again, we know Axl does things on his terms. So does everyother rock legend, band, and celebrity. Axl chooses not to promote his album. For what reason who knows. But its not because "hes different" than others. Or hes on some kind of friggen integrity protest. Geez

Some people crave the spotlight and will do anything to get and stay there.

You sound like a robot.
Who exactely are you talking baout when you make these robotic comments? What bands, musicians, etc are you talking about. Give us some names please.

Maybe he doesn't wanna say something that's not true?

If he doesn't want to make a video today, does it mean he never wants to make a video? Not necessarily!

They don't update us until they think it's time to say something. Try to realize that and stop spending your valuable time whining about it.

Get that chip off your shoulder and you'll see that you can get by without it.
thanks for making my point. It is clear Axl doesnt know what he wants to do or how to move foward. Your explanation is just a cop out. And its lame.

Ill get the chip off my shoulder when you remove the blinders.

Its not that big of a deal. Axl clearly has no interest in promoting CD. With that comes consequences...and hold onto your seats...blame Shocked  its ok though he will survive and live. you can breathe now

When you take on the gnr name and refuse to mend old wounds, or move foward with your new band, you are responsible for the good and bad.

its called accountability

your contradicting your old self, check your own posting history yourself. this is not really the place to provide it is it?
i dont have to check anything. you brought it up. and if tis not the place then why did you bring it up here in the first place
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 02:55:15 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2009, 02:28:22 PM »

Could CD be his swan song?

I guess some of you would be extremely happy

Sure, I guess it could make some people happy but not me.  I am a fan of the music of Axl Rose.  Sorry, but I am not a fan of the man, Axl Rose.  Does that make sense?

Reports are that he is kind of falling apart at the seams.  With that being said and all of the negativity going on I would not be surprised if we never hear another song from him.  I hope this is not the case but realistically speaking it may be.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2009, 02:36:34 PM »

your contradicting your old self, check your own posting history yourself. this is not really the place to provide it is it?
i dont have to check anything. you brought it up. and if tis not the place then why did you bring it up here in the first place

because it was comical when you were saying axl changed.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2009, 02:55:41 PM »

my only problem has always been the lack of updates. If Axl just wants to release music and not tour or do press that is great. I am fine with that 100 percent.

But he did say a Video was coming and their was gonna be a Summer tour.

I realize shit happens but how hard would it be to release a statement just keeping us informed a bit on why things didn't happen?

it just takes like 5 minutes to do so and really there is no excuse for not doing it.

when also, did Axl become this huge private person?

Hell, back in 92 he gave RS and RIP magazine the inside scoop of his deepest darkest secrets.

The most frustrating thing is, u hear Axl on Eddie Trunk and Damn he sounds like the most awesome, witty, intelligent guy on the planet and like someone that would just be the best person ever to hang out with.

Then you get that Billboard thing that was just all over the place.

where's the guy that was on Eddie Trunk? that Axl everyone loves
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 02:58:14 PM by D » Logged

Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2009, 02:56:31 PM »

What it really comes down to (and I think I said this before on a different thread) is for Axl to go out and perform with the right musicians who are going to support him and believe in the new CD.) That's all. He has nothing else to prove accept to bring the music live on stage. If nobody knew of Axl than I'd say yes he needs to to numerious interviews; videos and plaster himself all over the planet. Green day has to do that because (and I'm sorry to say this so Green day fans please except my apologies) they suck!!! You can't compare Green Day to G&R. Green Day is a band who are puppets for their record company and management.
Granted as far as a little more promoting for this cd might help. But Axl is not that kind of artists. He is a live performer and if he can some how get the right band together that wants to do this cd because they love it and they respect Axl from where he is coming from than it can happen.
Hiring professional musicians to come in because they are their to do a job and get paid is not going to cut it. I'm sure Axl knows this. Plus the musicians have to be a part of Axls team.
I already know that if he can obtain this, everything else is trivial. Because when the concert is over and the following day the newspapers read: "The new G&R  floors the audience and critiques....all the current news that we are discussing will be long forgotten.  smoking
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2009, 02:58:59 PM »

What it really comes down to (and I think I said this before on a different thread) is for Axl to go out and perform with the right musicians who are going to support him and believe in the new CD.) That's all. He has nothing else to prove accept to bring the music live on stage. If nobody knew of Axl than I'd say yes he needs to to numerious interviews; videos and plaster himself all over the planet. Green day has to do that because (and I'm sorry to say this so Green day fans please except my apologies) they suck!!! You can't compare Green Day to G&R. Green Day is a band who are puppets for their record company and management.
Granted as far as a little more promoting for this cd might help. But Axl is not that kind of artists. He is a live performer and if he can some how get the right band together that wants to do this cd because they love it and they respect Axl from where he is coming from than it can happen.
Hiring professional musicians to come in because they are their to do a job and get paid is not going to cut it. I'm sure Axl knows this. Plus the musicians have to be a part of Axls team.
I already know that if he can obtain this, everything else is trivial. Because when the concert is over and the following day the newspapers read: "The new G&R  floors the audience and critiques....all the current news that we are discussing will be long forgotten.  smoking

Couldn't agree more

new U2 and new GD are wayyyyyyyyy behind Chinese Democracy.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2009, 03:01:13 PM »

But he did say their was gonna be a Summer tour.

Did he really? Huh
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2009, 03:02:11 PM »

You keep bringing up musicians. Who cares about musicians. Noone here cares or is talking about musicians.

Who made you their spokesperson?

I'm saying musicians because their main activity is to play/create music but also do acting in commercials, make reality shows, appear in movies, turn up in video games etc.

I dont care what the pop scene does and noone here is asking Axl to do those things. Your the one twisting things around.

Not even ONCE have I mentioned the word pop or alluded it.

Not even once.

So who's the one twisting shit?

Iggy Pop did commercials for a clothing line, the Backyard Babies are on Swedish TV doing commercials for an electronics chain, not exactly the "pop scene". But they're musicians.

Again, we know Axl does things on his terms. So does everyother rock legend, band, and celebrity.

How is going on TV shows you don't wanna go on or doing radio spots while hating it, but do it to sell more albums doing things on your own terms?

You sound like a robot.

Funny coming from you.

Your explanation is just a cop out. And its lame.

Maybe it's the truth.

Does it bother you that the truth might be lame and not as exciting as the image of the truth you have in your head?

Ill get the chip off my shoulders when you remove the blinders.

Once again, funny coming from you.

You're the one who needs to remove something.

Just accept that GN'R is what it is and you have no say over it. I'm sure that if they want promotional ideas or ideas who to play with, they'll ask you.  Smiley

Its not that big of a deal.

From your posts, I tend to disagree.

If something isn't a big deal to me, I don't spend my time whining about it.

when also, did Axl become this huge private person?

Hell, back in 92 he gave RS and RIP magazine the inside scoop of his deepest darkest secrets.

I think he explained why he talked about certain issues back then.

But he did say their was gonna be a Summer tour.

Did he really? Huh

Not Axl. That came from somebody else...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2009, 03:08:15 PM »

yeah but I don't think Azoff would say that though if Axl didn't intend for it right?

on topic

Alot of it once again is, Axl released a Great album in a day and age of single driven music.,

Pink Floyd could release Dark Side of The Moon today and it probably wouldn't go Gold.

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2009, 03:22:04 PM »

A word to the wise. As soon as you sign a contract with a record label you become a puppet for the record company. Let me ask you a question: If a record company invests X amount of money into your project shouldnt you be responsible for helping make sure that its a success?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2009, 03:29:19 PM »

yeah but I don't think Azoff would say that though if Axl didn't intend for it right?

I guess not. There was talk as evident by the many promoters talking about shows all over the place.

Things didn't work out.

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2009, 03:31:03 PM »

Let me ask you a question: If a record company invests X amount of money into your project shouldnt you be responsible for helping make sure that its a success?
by making a good album yes.  Cool

I think promoting it is mainly the label's job.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »

and make no mistake,
democracy is of the people, by the people, for the people.

we are the people. Cool
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2009, 03:40:08 PM »

How is going on TV shows you don't wanna go on or doing radio spots while hating it, but do it to sell more albums doing things on your own terms?
ok so Axl hates going on TV and doing radio interviews.

Does he hate music videos too? How about magazine interviews? What does he like?

Just accept that GN'R is what it is and you have no say over it
I have.
I have come to the realization that Axl is not sure what he wants and has had no plan for the past 10+ yrs other than to make 1 album. I was under the assumption that if he was going to move on without the old band and continue foward with the name he was going to roll up his sleeves and make it worthwhile.

I have also realized that Axl is probably content along with scared, lazy, etc to reenter the spotlight. Which is all well and good. The guy clearly doesnt know what he wants to do or how to move foward with CD and the new band. Thats not opinion, its 10 plus years of history to support that.

Axl clearly can still make great music but other than that its been a disaster

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2009, 04:05:56 PM »

Let me ask you a question: If a record company invests X amount of money into your project shouldnt you be responsible for helping make sure that its a success?
by making a good album yes.  Cool

I think promoting it is mainly the label's job.

Its everyones job. What do you think touring is considered? For maximum exposure you have to play the game. Theyve always done that when theyve released albums. They know what they have to do.
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2009, 04:11:26 PM »

A word to the wise. As soon as you sign a contract with a record label you become a puppet for the record company. Let me ask you a question: If a record company invests X amount of money into your project shouldnt you be responsible for helping make sure that its a success?

Yeah if you are a nobody and it's a debut cd. But in the case of G&R at this point of their career (or should I say Axl) all he has to do is tour. Nothing else. Plus he made a killer cd.
If (as I stated before) or let's say if I was just signed. Yes I would have to go through the whole nine yards. But Axl......all he has to do is get up onstage and open his mouth and sing!!!!!!  beer
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:13:30 PM by Bitch Slap Rappin » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »

touring is considered. wait and see.

meanwhile we can appreciate and request the songs off cd.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: