Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:19:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?  (Read 179710 times)
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2009, 09:12:03 PM »

fuck a reunion.  shouldn't even be a topic of discussion on this board any longer.

*co-sign*

all reunionists gtfo already, it's not happening

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #301 on: June 22, 2009, 12:28:23 AM »

who said it was happening?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #302 on: June 22, 2009, 04:03:33 AM »

The point about "not knowing whose in the band" is very valid.

I watched RIR last night.  it was amazing thinking that all 3 of them guitar players are no longer in the band.  But then people complain when some say "GNR is not a band".

You cant blame the casual listener for thinking that this is just an Axl Rose solo project when he seems to have a different line up for every tour. 

Ill use my old man as an example, it took me ages to explain to him that Buckethead and Finck were the guitarists.  Finally, he asked me "How are Bucket and Finck doing" and i said "Don't ya mean BBF and Ashba"?  he just rolled his eyes to heaven. 

The point is, not everyone is a hardcore fan and people like knowing who is in their favourite band.  This could have contributed for people "Failing to understand"

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #303 on: June 22, 2009, 07:15:46 AM »

The point about "not knowing whose in the band" is very valid.

I watched RIR last night.  it was amazing thinking that all 3 of them guitar players are no longer in the band.  But then people complain when some say "GNR is not a band".

You cant blame the casual listener for thinking that this is just an Axl Rose solo project when he seems to have a different line up for every tour. 

Ill use my old man as an example, it took me ages to explain to him that Buckethead and Finck were the guitarists.  Finally, he asked me "How are Bucket and Finck doing" and i said "Don't ya mean BBF and Ashba"?  he just rolled his eyes to heaven. 

The point is, not everyone is a hardcore fan and people like knowing who is in their favourite band.  This could have contributed for people "Failing to understand"

I don't believe the lack if interest in Guns and CD has anything to do with the lineup changes. The non-fans only care about the music. Other bands who had a lot of lineup changes didn't had these kind of 'problems'...

I believe it all has to do with the lack of promotion which results in:
- a lot of people don't know Guns is still around
- a lot of people don't know Chinese Democracy is a (new) album from GN'R
- a lot of people just don't care about GN'R anymore

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #304 on: June 22, 2009, 07:40:57 AM »

I believe it all has to do with the lack of promotion which results in:
- a lot of people don't know Guns is still around
- a lot of people don't know Chinese Democracy is a (new) album from GN'R
- a lot of people just don't care about GN'R anymore

I do agree with ya.  all very valid points.
But a lot of fans are also musicians and like certain players in bands too.  say Buckethead is your favourite player, maybe now you dont care cos he is gone.  might not a HUGE impact but still has an impact

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #305 on: June 22, 2009, 11:06:54 AM »

Ultimately, I think people simply lost interest in the album. They heard about it for so long that when it finally did come out, it really didnt matter. Axl missed his window to capitalize on the hype of the album, etc. This along with shoddy promotion, and any kind of consistent run in the mainstream are the reasons why the album hasnt caught on.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: June 22, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »

fuck a reunion.  shouldn't even be a topic of discussion on this board any longer.

*co-sign*

I dont think anybody is saying they want one here. The point people are making is that by not addressing who's in the band the reunion rumors will always be out there. Its up to GNR to stop these rumors but nobody says a thing. Instead of giving vague responses about who's in the band why not just come out with a definitive statement. I think Axl owes it to his band. Alot of these people spent a better part of 10 years working on it. Show them the respect they deserve.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #307 on: June 22, 2009, 11:47:19 AM »

Alot of these people spent a better part of 10 years working on it.

Unfortunately, some of these have left probably cos nothing was going on.  eg:  Buckethead and Finck.  I think its a shame cos people were really starting to warm to them after they got the album. 

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #308 on: June 22, 2009, 03:14:39 PM »

Ultimately, I think people simply lost interest in the album. They heard about it for so long that when it finally did come out, it really didnt matter. Axl missed his window to capitalize on the hype of the album, etc. This along with shoddy promotion, and any kind of consistent run in the mainstream are the reasons why the album hasnt caught on.
Quite.  Even after years of waiting on these boards I just can't be bothered anymore.  (I only chip into these debates once in a blue moon before anyone starts on me.)  It was great to get the album and I think most peoples' reactions to the music would have been positive, although not overly so.  The word was more or less out there as much as it can be that a new album from GN'R was coming out.  Yet over six months later we're still having the same old discussions.  I read Axl's interviews and I can't argue with a word he says - it all makes perfect sense to me.  But the inactivity has been going on for too long.  They need to make serious efforts to get out and play to people or the legend that is GN'R will only ever be what it was in their heyday and people will no longer care about Axl Rose and his current/latest (I don't even know how to refer to it) lineup.  To TTS I would say that even that has probably already happened in the opinion of all but true GN'R fans.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #309 on: June 22, 2009, 03:35:55 PM »

Everyone of u are wrong with all due respect

the biggest thing and reason why this album didn't go to the moon was simply because of the singles.

If Axl came out tomorrow with a kickass,melodic,crossover smash, GNR would be the biggest band around again.

Fact is, the album is great but nothing on there is a radio friendly "single"

that is how music sells these days

I gave you the Kid Rock example, I remember when Bon Jovi's "Have A Nice Day" album was just around where CD is right now and they released the song "Who Says You Can't Go Home" which was a huge crossover smash and HAND ended up selling almost 2 million in the US just because of that one single.

so if u want to blame anything, blame the lack of a huge single.

that is why Bruce didn't sell even with all the promotion and countless others.

Look at Buckcherry, their last album was dead on arrival until "Sorry" came out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #310 on: June 22, 2009, 08:55:18 PM »

The album didn't fail. Comparatively, it did rather well, especially considering it was released without a single visual appearance in its support from the main artist.

Few singles are a success without appearances in their support. Without a doubt, any new GNR single would have gone top 10 if Axl had appeared to promote it.

Nevertheless, I think many older fans would have been left unsatisfied by the album, because it's deep, beautiful and thought provoking - yet the Guns name, for one reason or another seems to invoke the idea of rebellious, pubescent, rock without progression in many 'fans'.

I maintain that in years to come, unless by some miracle he surpasses it, C.D. will come to be regarded as Axl's masterpiece, or at the very least a cult classic.

And there goes the challenger...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #311 on: June 22, 2009, 09:28:58 PM »

The album didn't fail. Comparatively, it did rather well, especially considering it was released without a single visual appearance in its support from the main artist.

Few singles are a success without appearances in their support. Without a doubt, any new GNR single would have gone top 10 if Axl had appeared to promote it.

Nevertheless, I think many older fans would have been left unsatisfied by the album, because it's deep, beautiful and thought provoking - yet the Guns name, for one reason or another seems to invoke the idea of rebellious, pubescent, rock without progression in many 'fans'.

I maintain that in years to come, unless by some miracle he surpasses it, C.D. will come to be regarded as Axl's masterpiece, or at the very least a cult classic.
Agree, the single "Chinese Democracy" did quite well fighting on its own without any real push from the band/label with appearances, videos, etc.  And many people agree that isn't among the strongest tracks, or at least most mass appealing on the album.  The album is great, no doubt.  But even the greatest of albums can't survive without a little push/help.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #312 on: June 23, 2009, 02:40:54 AM »

*co-sign*

I dont think anybody is saying they want one here. The point people are making is that by not addressing who's in the band the reunion rumors will always be out there. Its up to GNR to stop these rumors but nobody says a thing. Instead of giving vague responses about who's in the band why not just come out with a definitive statement. I think Axl owes it to his band. Alot of these people spent a better part of 10 years working on it. Show them the respect they deserve.

what do you mean not addressing who is in the band??  Its in plain english on the band's myspace profile.. is it not?!?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #313 on: June 23, 2009, 03:10:53 AM »

what do you mean not addressing who is in the band??  Its in plain english on the band's myspace profile.. is it not?!?

Im quite sure he meant "introducing" them to the general public.  (Who probably don't visit the GNR myspace page all that often).

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #314 on: June 23, 2009, 04:05:26 AM »

Im quite sure he meant "introducing" them to the general public.  (Who probably don't visit the GNR myspace page all that often).

it sounded like he himself was unsure of who was in the band.   the people who dont' read these boards aren't hardcore fans enough to care who is currently playing drums in GnR.

everyone on this site knows who is in the band. theres no question.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: June 23, 2009, 04:15:20 AM »

Fact is, the album is great but nothing on there is a radio friendly "single"

I do not agree. I certainly think they can release singles from the album which can be hitsingles, and I'm not talking 'bout the ones most of the fans think should be singles (better, TWAT,...) but I'm stronly convinced that:
Shackler's Revenge, Sorry, This I Love could be huge hitsingles... and for me these are also 'radio friendly' , at least for some radio stations ;-)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:17:49 AM by The Prez » Logged

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #316 on: June 23, 2009, 04:53:29 AM »

Shacklers deserves some play on the airwaves, its more than worthy.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #317 on: June 23, 2009, 05:26:16 AM »

Yeah shacklers is cool!   Cool

Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #318 on: June 23, 2009, 07:26:00 AM »

*co-sign*

+1  It's kinda common to check out a band's myspace if you're wondering who's in that band!   ok

In that case, as of now, try the same method! There you will find this introduction of DJ Ashba! (also in plain English!)   ok
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=12994546&blogId=478206856

We're not talking rocket-science here!!   Roll Eyes

Stavanger-rock-city!!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #319 on: June 23, 2009, 08:13:11 AM »

People aren't quite getting this.  The point is that  Not ALL fan's are preapred to look up a bands myspace page to see who is in the band!  They only learn who is in the band cos the band is popular and successful.

Its up to the band to entice them, they won't go looking.

Im sure everyone on this board knows whose in the band but maybe there are fan's that aren't bothered checking every bit of news, twitter and myspace pages

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: