Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:40:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?  (Read 179724 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #400 on: June 26, 2009, 11:55:21 AM »

Just like you people defend your right to say that you don't have to like Chinese Democracy, I have a right to ask you why.
Why is it your right to ask why though? Why would you even care if someone enjoys the old stuff over CD? Especially those who dont bash CD but just have the opinion that its "ok".

Because I'm curious?

When somebody just says "it's ok", I'm curious to know why it's just ok. Is it because it's not AFD or because there's not enough cow bell on the album? Why?

I don't understand why it's such a bad thing to assume people are able to justify their opinion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #401 on: June 26, 2009, 11:57:47 AM »

Just like you people defend your right to say that you don't have to like Chinese Democracy, I have a right to ask you why.
Why is it your right to ask why though? Why would you even care if someone enjoys the old stuff over CD? Especially those who dont bash CD but just have the opinion that its "ok".

By you asking why they dont like it comes across as if your trying to be the CD police.

Bands release albums over their careers. Not every fan is going to like all of the bands work over that time. Some might prefer the old stuff to the new, some might prefer the new to the old. In the end they are still fans and supporters. And they have every right to be here because they are fans of GNR. This is a GNR board, not a Chinese Democracy board.
he doesnt simply ask though you see.

He puts words in for you before you even speak and makes assumptions. Furthering his irritating "questioning"

html sucks
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #402 on: June 26, 2009, 12:01:01 PM »

Stop talking about me if you don't want me to reply to your bullshit.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #403 on: June 26, 2009, 12:07:47 PM »

Because I'm curious?

When somebody just says "it's ok", I'm curious to know why it's just ok. Is it because it's not AFD or because there's not enough cow bell on the album? Why?

I don't understand why it's such a bad thing to assume people are able to justify their opinion.
Sometimes music just doesnt hit someone like it may hit you or me or whoever. Not because it doesnt sound like Jungle but because it didnt meet personal expectations.

You can ask someone why but the way you do it generally comes across as if the person is not on board with CD then they can "fuck off". That seems to be the motto these days.

Would you agree that if someone doesnt like CD or is ok with it (for musical and not bs reasons such as its not the old lineup, etc) they still have every right to be here?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:09:33 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #404 on: June 26, 2009, 12:25:44 PM »

Would you agree that if someone doesnt like CD or is ok with it (for musical and not bs reasons such as its not the old lineup, etc) they still have every right to be here?

Oh, please.  Roll Eyes  Why do you continue to ask shit like this?  What kind of answer are you expecting??  Do you really think anyone would answer that with:
"No!!!  I do NOT agree.  Anyone who doesn't like CD or thinks it's only 'okay' should eat shit and die and certainly not be allowed to post on any GNR forums or even on the entire internet for that matter!!!"

P.S.  "Anyone who hasn't learned how to correctly use the "quote" function after a certain length of time, should suffer the same fate."

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #405 on: June 26, 2009, 12:30:45 PM »

There's some humor in the fact that GN'R fans are jumping on my back because I question somebody who doesn't like a GN'R album as much as I do.

Seems like it's personal....

Regarding the whole "do you have to love GN'R to be here?" question.

Well if you don't love GN'R, you might feel like an outsider. That's a fact.

You know, it's like going to a football game and not getting why everybody else is so excited. "It's just s stupid game".

Also, what you think is "normal" might not be to the rest. Because the rest do love the album/band.

Don't expect us to start adjusting to you just because you don't get it.  ok

The "objective" fans should keep that in mind at all times.

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #406 on: June 26, 2009, 12:32:27 PM »

Why do you continue to ask shit like this?  What kind of answer are you expecting??
 Please guide me to where I "continually" ask that.

I dont know that is why I asked  Wink

So your saying I should die because I dont properly quote your posts? How cuteeeeee

There's some humor in the fact that GN'R fans are jumping on my back because I question somebody who doesn't like a GN'R album as much as I do.

Seems like it's personal....

Regarding the whole "do you have to love GN'R to be here?" question.

Well if you don't love GN'R, you might feel like an outsider. That's a fact.

You know, it's like going to a football game and not getting why everybody else is so excited. "It's just s stupid game".

Also, what you think is "normal" might not be to the rest. Because the rest do love the album/band.

Don't expect us to start adjusting to you just because you don't get it. 

The "objective" fans should keep that in mind at all times.
What does love GNR mean? What if they love all the old stuff but not the new? Does that mean they love GNR? How about if they just love CD and despise the old? Does that mean they love GNR? What if they love Axl but hate some of the new members? What if they hate Axl but love the new members?. Etc, etc, etc

You can ask, I personally have no problem, I too am curious as to why people (fans or not fans,media,etc) werent happy with CD. The problem is that you come across with the whole get on board or get off attitude...which is lame.

People can still love axl and the band and think its cool to see Axl doing what hes doing but at the same time may think that he didnt quite hit it with the album. I dont see how they have to go hand in hand.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:42:00 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #407 on: June 26, 2009, 12:41:44 PM »

Here is my tale. This morning I got lit. Real lit. Then I drove to work. On my way to work, without even thinking about it, I hit disk number 6 on my cd car changer, and went to number 13, TIL, and listened to it then right through Prostitute. I am saying it was some primal instinctual shit going on.

... ( i don't know why I jsut did the dots like that). Why the hell do I always type just like jsut. hat is some primal instinctual thing at play too. I always do that. Not going to change it because I want to finish this tale. Alright look. This is the damn best album ever. I know it feels like maybe that is a ridiculous comment. Maybe its not up there with the Beatles. I should say something like that.... but I am putting it up there with that. The Beatles. I love this music that  much. No fuck it, THAT MUCH.

Why don't people seem to dig the fuck out of it? It seems like I am the only one sometimes that feels this way about it. The music is amazing to me. I like the way it vibrates in my ear. Yea I went there. People are bugfuck nuts. What does that mean? Its like the new Transformers movie, minus the parts with Optimus Prime. Optimus Prime is my childhood hero. I defy any of you to come up with another hero who is more heroic then Optimus. How many times has he sacrificed himself to save others? The rest of T2, holy shit. Pretty nutty. And an hour too long.

But that is people. Nutty and boring, and sometimes interesting.  This is why they don't get or seem to be absolutely taken with Chinese Democracy. They are the same ones of probably voted for George W. I don't know exactly but, what I do know is there is a lot of really dumb people out there. Then there is people even dumber.

So I guess that is my answer.

people are dumb.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #408 on: June 26, 2009, 12:45:58 PM »

But that is people. Nutty and boring, and sometimes interesting.  This is why they don't get or seem to be absolutely taken with Chinese Democracy. They are the same ones of probably voted for George W. I don't know exactly but, what I do know is there is a lot of really dumb people out there. Then there is people even dumber.

So I guess that is my answer.

people are dumb
Your post was cool until that last part.

The dumbing down of America kicked off with the Clinton Admin....Bush continued it ...and now the savior is trying to oudue both and get us on the same level  as  the rest of the world or maybe even take the lead nervous
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:53:48 PM by younggunner » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #409 on: June 26, 2009, 01:21:10 PM »

You can ask, I personally have no problem, I too am curious as to why people (fans or not fans,media,etc) werent happy with CD. The problem is that you come across with the whole get on board or get off attitude...which is lame.

I think the definition of lame is people who go to fan sites of bands that they used to like twenty years ago.

And that is my attitude.

Either you're on the boat, or you're not.

Some are happy to jump on board when the winds are blowing in the right direction and act like they were on board all the time.

I still haven't had it explained to me why it's a bad idea to have fans that actually support the band instead of a bunch of people who go "well I loved them 20 years ago and now I prefer everything else to them".

In my opinion, the only people who think the "get on board or fuck off" line is lame are the ones who feel targeted by it!

Nobody else seems to mind.

But then you have a bunch of people who are going "how dare you/they/he/she question me? I'm a real fan!".

When Axl says something about people who think they know what's going on but have no idea, I don't feel upset or personally insulted.

When Tommy says "get on board or fuck off", I don't feel insulted or targeted.

When Axl speaks out about people whining about the setlist, I never thought he was talking to me.

Maybe I'm ignorant?

Maybe I should feel personally insulted?

/jarmo

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #410 on: June 26, 2009, 01:25:08 PM »

I am glad I jsut checked back. Man my grammar and spelling are bad on mornings, like this one. Fuck I just typed just like jsut again. Errr.

Anyway, younggunner, what are you talking about? Are you saying that Obama trying to fix the damage that was done the last 10 years, and have America once again be a leader, is bad? And when America was experiencing great prosperity in the 90s was when this dumbing down first took place. Maybe you mean the dumbing down was when those threatened by the insanely high approval rating of Clinton and the American prosperity, decided to rewrite history about Reagan.

I think I just used this as subtext. It seems, as an observation, that people who don't get Chinese Democracy are thick.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #411 on: June 26, 2009, 01:29:28 PM »

It seems, as an observation, that people who don't get Chinese Democracy are thick.

It's music. What is there to "get"? Some of you are losing me with this "failing to understand" and "not getting" Chinese Democracy. I personally like the album and can accept the fact that some don't. I don't think it means they don't "get" something about it. Do all the songs contain some kind of clues that will lead us to the Holy Grail?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #412 on: June 26, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »

The Holy Grail? Man, you are funny. Why would it lead to something that isn't real? What, you think this is Indiana Jones? I know, fantasy can be fun.

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #413 on: June 26, 2009, 01:39:41 PM »

I think the definition of lame is people who go to fan sites of bands that they used to like twenty years ago.

And that is my attitude.

Either you're on the boat, or you're not.

Some are happy to jump on board when the winds are blowing in the right direction and act like they were on board all the time.

I still haven't had it explained to me why it's a bad idea to have fans that actually support the band instead of a bunch of people who go "well I loved them 20 years ago and now I prefer everything else to them".

In my opinion, the only people who think the "get on board or fuck off" line is lame are the ones who feel targeted by it!

Nobody else seems to mind.

But then you have a bunch of people who are going "how dare you/they/he/she question me? I'm a real fan!".

When Axl says something about people who think they know what's going on but have no idea, I don't feel upset or personally insulted.

When Tommy says "get on board or fuck off", I don't feel insulted or targeted.

When Axl speaks out about people whining about the setlist, I never thought he was talking to me.

Maybe I'm ignorant?

Maybe I should feel personally insulted?

/jarmo

Get on board what? As far as im concerned we're all on the same boat. We are all GNR fans in my book. Whether you like the old stuff or new stuff. I feel like this board has become about choosing sides. Can't we just enjoy the music? Can't we have good discussions instead of insults? I dont always agree with everyone here but I respect there opinion unless they are being closeminded. Seriously, are the people who dont like CD the same people who voted for Bush? That was a ridiculous statement.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #414 on: June 26, 2009, 01:46:53 PM »

Saying you don't like the new music is ridiculous. I am seeing a trend with those that seem to not be onboard Chinese Democracy. If its a life and death situation between 2 people for instance, and I can only save one of them. I know nothing else about these 2 other then the fact that one of them loves Chinese Democracy, let me tell you bro. The one who doesn't love it will be a dead man.

peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #415 on: June 26, 2009, 01:50:27 PM »

Saying you don't like the new music is ridiculous. I am seeing a trend with those that seem to not be onboard Chinese Democracy. If its a life and death situation between 2 people for instance, and I can only save one of them. I know nothing else about these 2 other then the fact that one of them loves Chinese Democracy, let me tell you bro. The one who doesn't love it will be a dead man.

I rest my case.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #416 on: June 26, 2009, 01:50:45 PM »

It seems, as an observation, that people who don't get Chinese Democracy are thick.

Music is subjective. People form opinions on it. Everyone is going to be different from the next person.

Yes, CD is a complex album which may take time to 'get', but IMO, looking down on people who didn't take to it as much as you isn't the thing to do. Expecting everyone to have the same opinion on a music album is ridiculous. Music is there to be discussed and debated. Message boards are there for the discussion and debate to take place. Saying "people who don't like CD are stupid" is wrong.

I like the songs on CD. I personally wouldn't call it a masterpiece of mr favourite GNR album but I still consider myself a fan of the present-day GNR. yes

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #417 on: June 26, 2009, 01:51:06 PM »

rofl The song "You're Crazy!!!"  Comes to mind on some of the things that are said among us G&R fans!!!!

Hey, it's not the end of the world. But G&R is what we are drawn to because most of us like the band and what they stand for!!!

Do I get an Amen here or %^&* what?HuhHuh  beer
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #418 on: June 26, 2009, 01:55:57 PM »

In my opinion, the ones with the thick heads are the ones who don't get Chinese Democracy.....  Lips Sealed

So the vast majority of the world are "thick heads" then? How about any of your family members or 'friends' who don't agree with you? Prick.

You get onto people and blame them for mentioning a reunion or what not (which we all know isn't going to happen & have long given up care about it), maybe if you moved looked real close you'd realise its you that start arguments cause your so narrow minded that its pathetic, I think those glasses are smothering the crap from your sight.

Also one thing that humours me is that any time you label us haters or not real fans you fail to show any proof of such claims and just hid behind sarcasm & 'wit' which you actually think is funny.

Love also that when people stated you saw VR & loved it (with proof you see), you said people changed and that you didn't like it. So what changed during that time? Did Lord Axl remark anything about or did you just become a There Was A Time?

(I await you awe-inspiring rebuttal)

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #419 on: June 26, 2009, 02:04:24 PM »

When VR first came out I was happy to see the old guys out there. I was happy for Duff and Slash. But they (VR) got progressively gayer and lamer (mainly thanks to Weiland). I can see why Jarmo might have stopped digging them. And who the fuck agrees with every member of their family about things. I have family members who watch Fox News exclusively. And yes, the majority of the world is thick headed. I too would agree with that.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 02:07:41 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: