Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:03:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is it people fail to understand about Chinese Democracy?  (Read 181370 times)
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #900 on: July 18, 2009, 04:57:58 AM »

Yeah...well...that's the usual negativity surrounding Axl...

I can understand why he doesn't want to promote anything. But on the other hand, it's just sad for this amazing collection of songs.

And you're right, ultimately, it's up to GnR since it's their music after all. As long as there is still something good coming from them in the future, I'm ok with whatever they do  ok

( aka : please don't let this band die  nervous )
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #901 on: July 18, 2009, 08:03:13 AM »

yes but what I'm implying is that while he didn't speak the media talked shit about him
if a musician has to keep speaking to the media to prevent that, isn't it a threat?
freedom of speech is not liberty of lie.

What lies were told?  And by media we're talking news, not gossip columns, right?  Because if we're talking about one of those gossip tabloids versus a reputable source, then he's not alone in the bashing.

The media includes everything, including those who aren't particularly interested in checking facts.

Often you see a somewhat "reputable" news source add some completely off topic mention to their stories.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #902 on: July 18, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »

Yeah...well...that's the usual negativity surrounding Axl...

I can understand why he doesn't want to promote anything. But on the other hand, it's just sad for this amazing collection of songs.

And you're right, ultimately, it's up to GnR since it's their music after all. As long as there is still something good coming from them in the future, I'm ok with whatever they do  ok

( aka : please don't let this band die  nervous )

I gotta agree. I really really hope this band isn't dying.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #903 on: July 19, 2009, 12:48:07 AM »

sorry to go off topic but "Thriller" was the only song MJ didn't have a hand in writing

he wrote Beat it, Billie Jean, Human Nature......

no idea what u are talking about.

Not to go off-topic but he actually did have a hand in writing Thriller too. Rod Temperton had originally written the song to be about "starlight night", Michael wanted the whole horror movie theme instead and they changed the song together and Michael got the idea to the now legendary music video. So yes, I would very much give him credit for Thriller too. And no, he didn't write Human Nature. Steve Porcaro and John Bettis did.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:50:21 AM by The Catcher » Logged

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #904 on: July 19, 2009, 12:50:45 AM »

sorry to go off topic but "Thriller" was the only song MJ didn't have a hand in writing

he wrote Beat it, Billie Jean, Human Nature......

no idea what u are talking about.

Not to go off-topic but he actually did have a hand in writing Thriller too. Rod Temperton had originally written the song to be about "starlight night", Michael wanted the whole horror movie theme instead and they changed the song together and Michael got the idea to the now legendary music video. So yes, I would very much give him credit for Thriller too.
Agreed but lets talk about this in the respected thread k...

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #905 on: July 30, 2009, 11:53:05 AM »

yes but what I'm implying is that while he didn't speak the media talked shit about him
if a musician has to keep speaking to the media to prevent that, isn't it a threat?

What lies were told?  And by media we're talking news, not gossip columns, right?  Because if we're talking about one of those gossip tabloids versus a reputable source, then he's not alone in the bashing.

The media includes everything, including those who aren't particularly interested in checking facts.

Often you see a somewhat "reputable" news source add some completely off topic mention to their stories.

/jarmo

Thats exactly why you hire publicists to refute such stories.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #906 on: July 30, 2009, 12:40:01 PM »

/jarmo

Unfortunately in the real world, shit is printed with big bold letters and the corrections never make the front pages or headlines....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #907 on: July 30, 2009, 01:24:38 PM »

/jarmo

Unfortunately in the real world, shit is printed with big bold letters and the corrections never make the front pages or headlines....

/jarmo

But thats exactly my point. Publicists are hired to give statements refuting rumors or shit printed about the band. The band doesnt have to answer everything personally. You pay people to do this for you. And im sure somebody's on there payroll who is collecting money for doing nothing.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #908 on: July 30, 2009, 03:19:45 PM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

But thats exactly my point. Publicists are hired to give statements refuting rumors or shit printed about the band. The band doesnt have to answer everything personally. You pay people to do this for you. And im sure somebody's on there payroll who is collecting money for doing nothing.

Doug Goldstein used to be great at that IMHO. From the band's hey-day up through the late 90's it always seemed like DG would show up fast in a press release or interview to set shit straight when the media was spreading misinformation about the band. Not sure if he had a falling out with Axl (he is "thanked" in the CD booklet though)- or whether he simply moved on to other things- or what- but I think the band- at least when they hit the road again- could really use someone like DG to watch their backs...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #909 on: July 30, 2009, 03:51:10 PM »

/jarmo

/jarmo

Doug Goldstein used to be great at that IMHO. From the band's hey-day up through the late 90's it always seemed like DG would show up fast in a press release or interview to set shit straight when the media was spreading misinformation about the band. Not sure if he had a falling out with Axl (he is "thanked" in the CD booklet though)- or whether he simply moved on to other things- or what- but I think the band- at least when they hit the road again- could really use someone like DG to watch their backs...

Yeah especially since the guy from the Eagles of Death Metal seems to be giving his band free publicity at Axl's expense. He did it again today. Im all for promoting your band but when you have to do it at someone else's expense its kind of Pussy!! Something needs to be said.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #910 on: July 31, 2009, 12:15:55 PM »

But they've said something already @ the official site. prolly they can't be bothered with such a pretty band anymore.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #911 on: July 31, 2009, 08:56:47 PM »

does anyone think if cd wins a grammy it will re-enter the charts? what are the chances that it gets nominated?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #912 on: July 31, 2009, 09:16:43 PM »

does anyone think if cd wins a grammy it will re-enter the charts? what are the chances that it gets nominated?
I wouldnt know but if it got more air time well everywhere then I think GN'R would have a shot at it. Wink

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #913 on: July 31, 2009, 10:34:02 PM »

Well, I don?t know if people fail to understand CD. But, for me it is each day a better album.  Yesterdays I was listening to a lot of music, many bands that I like and then I listened to CD and I really think that CD is one of the best albums I have listened to. I wasn?t thinking in controversy, just listen music of many bands and I really love CD and I think it is a whole wonderful album. The lyrics are very deep and the music is very good and Axl ?s voice amazing as forever. After eight month I love more CD.
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #914 on: July 31, 2009, 10:58:20 PM »

"perhaps" there's exist a little bit posibility that Chinese Democracy is not as great as fan think.

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #915 on: August 01, 2009, 01:12:38 AM »

I don't know if it will get nominated, I would guess probably not the way things have been handled to this point.  But IF it did it's pretty much been proven that winning a grammy or even being nominated makes a big difference in terms of sales.  Years back Herbie Hancock won a grammy for album of the year and sales that were less than stellar before skyrocketed right after.

Another example of people needing to be told what is good and what they should buy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #916 on: August 01, 2009, 04:14:22 AM »

You make it as if Axl/GNR never did interviews or videos before. Fuck, were any of you around for AFD/LIES/UYI? GNR was everywhere. Videos, radio, interviews,MTV,the list goes on? Were Axl/GNR prostituting themselves then? Being forced out there by big,bad Geffen? FUCK NO! They chose to promote their art that they were proud of. You can make a million excuses but it comes down to radio,magazines etc. are not gonna give a shit if the band is not out there promoting it. There are too many bands who will talk,etc for them to care about those that don't. It isn't "kissing ass" it is being proud of what you made and getting the word out.

LOL@ whoever said that the public doesn't know about CD. Anyone who is remotely into Rock music knows its out. Whether they care or not at this point is another story. I still think a song like Catcher has mainstream potential if it gets a chance.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #917 on: August 01, 2009, 05:31:50 AM »

I've been thinking alot about this lately

and have u wondered why over the last decade, there aren't many bands out there that will stand the test of time?

I mean is the music really that bad?

I have often said, the reason most music doesn't last is just overexposure.

After seeing Fred Durst for the 200th time, people got sick of him

back in the 80's, early 90's, u had the music,Interviews,MTV/videos and concerts

that was it. So u were left with this mystery of what they were like or what they were doing and there was so much anticipation

These days, there is no excitement, no mystery.. every musician seems like an average joe, no body is larger than life like back in the day.

I think the less u see/hear someone famous the better for the mystique and for the longevity

now Axl can't be excused for no video etc but when u sit back and think of all the overexposed famous people and how sick u get of them, isn't a small part of u happy that Axl is kind of the last of the dying old school breed?

There is kind of a greatness and brilliance in not Twittering and not being in the paparazzi etc.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #918 on: August 01, 2009, 06:18:27 AM »

D, I think that after only a decade it's a little early to say who will and who will not stand the test of time.  Only (a good deal more) time will tell.  There was a lot of absolute crap in the eighties, we just remember the memorable stuff.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #919 on: August 01, 2009, 07:00:06 AM »

D, I think that after only a decade it's a little early to say who will and who will not stand the test of time.  Only (a good deal more) time will tell.  There was a lot of absolute crap in the eighties, we just remember the memorable stuff.

true but when u heard the great bands that are still around today, u knew they were great then

no Metallica,GNR,Chili's Bon Jovi,U2, Prince, Michael Jackson,Madonna coming out of this lot of music

think of the great bands before the 80's.

what has changed?

I refuse to believe DL has completely destroyed everything.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: