Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:47:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FAKE: There might already be an alternative CD cover out there....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAKE: There might already be an alternative CD cover out there....  (Read 14603 times)
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2009, 04:42:10 AM »

i was there tonight. they didnt have cd up on the wall any more, but they did have si for $50.00 bucks & aold axl poster for $50.00  also. god that place is a rip off. they also had the misfits ?12 hits from hell? cd for $ 250.00. what a joke!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2009, 08:59:23 AM »

i was there tonight. they didnt have cd up on the wall any more, but they did have si for $50.00 bucks & aold axl poster for $50.00  also. god that place is a rip off. they also had the misfits ?12 hits from hell? cd for $ 250.00. what a joke!
Who'd pay $250 for the Misfits when we can hear Duff singing "Attitude" lol.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2009, 09:19:36 AM »

Anyone know if the story at gnrdaily is reputable or just another BS rumor?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2009, 09:29:15 AM »

Axl did say he wanted to put out a new version so who knows??

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=55296.msg1145336#msg1145336

Axl was their ever a cover B and cover C for chinese democracy?

Axl: Yes there are. There are 2 more covers/bk cover combos and the real booklet that is all artwork that will be out shortly in some form. It's been an ugly battle that hasn't made any sense to anyone and whether anyone cares about such things the booklet or artwork has always been something I've been passionate about and to release the album with unapproved and unseen final artwork with a !st work only error filled draft when others more recent were readily available still has not been explained but is finally getting cleared up. My fave is the How Are You Grenade cover.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2009, 11:24:36 AM »

That's been the rumor of the week.  As far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed or denied to this point so at this time it's still just a rumor.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2009, 12:02:41 PM »

Probably just fixing the mistake that was made in the beginning and has nothing to do with a re-release or any real push of this cd.  This is just too fucked up to fix and a waste of time to be working behind the cd.  It's time to tour, past time to tour.  It's time to have a good time.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2009, 04:16:02 PM »

For what it's worth, I spoke to the Geffen rep that I know earlier this week, and she didn't know anything about a re-release. Not to say that one isn't happening, as she's more on the pop/Top 40 side of things, but she hasn't heard of anything just yet.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
bitstorm
Opening Act

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »

That's not a price I'd want to pay personally, but that 12 Hits from Hell was quickly discontinued & not available elsewhere.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2009, 10:17:22 PM »

That's been the rumor of the week.  As far as I know, it hasn't been confirmed or denied to this point so at this time it's still just a rumor.

I've seen links to the pics of the inner booklet w/ song lyrics posted. I assume its BS fan made.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2009, 11:35:53 PM »

i have 12 hits from hell. i even got danzig to sign it for me. he was really cool & explained the whole story of why it didnt come out. anyway its the best misfits album ever. its ashame that they wont release it. & i paid $10 bucks for it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2009, 11:52:49 AM »

For what it's worth, I spoke to the Geffen rep that I know earlier this week, and she didn't know anything about a re-release. Not to say that one isn't happening, as she's more on the pop/Top 40 side of things, but she hasn't heard of anything just yet.

So prolly it's not a re release but the same stuff fear the juggalo 2 and Bank of America's friend saw at Amoeba.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2009, 01:24:01 PM »

So prolly it's not a re release but the same stuff fear the juggalo 2 and Bank of America's friend saw at Amoeba.

Depending on if the pictures of the new booklet are real, I guess.

Like I said, she deals more with Top 40 radio than anything else. She's a fan, though - and likes the album.

If I remember correctly, I talked to her right after the listings for CD popped up on Best Buy's website, and she still wasn't sure of the release at that point. She's on the road a lot though, so it could have easily went under her radar. Basically, she pops in every few weeks and we chat for a few minutes. I'll try to find out more the next time she's in. I'd imagine next month at some point. She might know more about it then.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 01:29:54 PM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2009, 01:33:14 PM »

but if there were re releases in july wouldn't that be news? Or at least jarmo would know.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2009, 12:18:00 AM »

I wonder how they got them at Amoeba Records?  Looks like they are quite rare though, so I guess that's the reason for the $100 price tag.  I wonder how many they've sold to date?  I'd imagine more now that the story is a little clearer on where these came from.  Quite the collector's item as long as they stay limited in availability.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: