Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:16:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's the latest with GNR? Are they working on a new album?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's the latest with GNR? Are they working on a new album?  (Read 34924 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »

New Song Of GNR World Tour 2010:

- SORRY
- THIS I LOVE
- PROSTITUTE
- STREET OF DREAMS
- SHACKLER'S REVENGE

Remember Of Me...

pd. GNR Play Before THE BLUES, Not SOD

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2009, 11:59:09 PM »

no rule but still...come on, too stable setlists are just lazy. and we've been basically talking about that and not unreleased new songs vs. old songs in a show - which is an different issue.
and again this "complaint" is coming from a "multiple show goer". let me ask if the fans would have a great time even if they play some more different set or not? lets say 4-5 different songs the next show than the one before? doing that would the band suffer?

Let me ask you this: How many percent of the total audience at a certain show is one of those who goes to multiple shows?

Would you say it's a majority?

I don't think so, unless it's multiple shows in the same city.

As I said, it's not an easy thing to fix. You can change the whole set and then somebody else besides you would be annoyed!

/jarmo

I agree with both Limulus and with you.  I myself go to multiple shows when they are in my area, but I know others do not.  What would be really cool is say they play 18-20 songs each show(I'm guessing that's what the average setlist was for the 06 tour).  You could have your 7-8 staple songs WTTJ, SCOM, PC, Patience, KOHD, November Rain, LALD, YCBM, 4-5 songs from the latest CD, then 6 or so random songs out of maybe 10 chosen songs.  That would be a great thing for a multiple concert goer.  As far as what order some of the songs are in could be up to the stage set up as far as pyros and lighting and videos and what not go.  Though that is pure speculation on my part as I have no knowledge what so ever of how that works.

I have been lucky when I seen them in 06.  I went to the first Hammerstein show so I got to see them play TWAT, then in Iowa they played Used To Love Her.  So I at least got to hear a few different songs.

At any rate when they come around again I will be one of the people at those shows near me.  Will I be hoping to hear something differenty than the last few times I seen them?  Of course.  Will I care if I don't as long as it's a kick ass show?  Nope.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2009, 01:02:45 AM »

I really dont think GNR's setlist is ''stable''. There is a part that it does: the first 5-6 songs: jungle, ise, brownstone, lald, kohd, better.

But from there, I have seen MANY different songs placed in different parts of the setlist.

A GNR fan that goes to multiple concerts have NO IDEA if the band is gonna play ''Rocket Queen''. And if someone assures you they will play it, you will not be able to say WHERE in the set is gonna be. Chinese Democracy: it has been played randomly and in different moments. Same for Madagascar.

And they also played TWAT, Down On The Farm, UTLH, Dont Cry and Think About You, all songs that are rarely included in the typical setlist but they played them all in a few concerts. Dizzy played multiple different piano solos. YES, i like them (before any smartass ask me)

And lets put in consideration that this discussion is based in a specific moment of the band, where there was no CD in stores. They would have never played more new songs than the ones they already played (a lot, in my opinion)

I only admit the first 5-6 songs of the setlist as ''perfectly stable'' and ONLY HERE I can agree with Limulus that that repetitive sequence of songs became predictable. Is that bad? I dont think so... you're all discusing this and you were all lucky enough to attend multiple GNR shows in the 2006/2007 tour. I have seen just one GNR concert in my whole life and it was 16 years ago. I only need to see GNR live at least one more time in my life. I dont give a fuck what they play, in what order.

Being behind a PC looking for ''updates'' is another thing... when I am in that position, and having in consideration that only in the best of the cases I might be able to get a shitty audience fanmade DVD , then I have to admit I like ''surprises'' in the setlist. In this particular position, I might prefer the band to open with ''Scraped'' or ''Oh My God'', for example.

But knowing that (if Im lucky enough) I might be able to see GNR live just ONE more time again, I want to be psyched with the ''classic'' WTTJ opener and the inmediate ISE like they did it in the past 8 years. It gives me shivers only imagining it. GNR should play for the people at the arena, not for me while I'm having a coffee, alone in my bedroom, at 9000 km from the show. Common sense.

And in the end of day, this is irrelevant. All i want is GNR back again on tour.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 01:11:15 AM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2009, 01:52:47 AM »

all good points, yeah. but also keep in mind they nearly totally dropped the illusion songs on 01-07, only having 2 covers KOHD, LALD and (old) NR and YCBM songs on it (not counting DC in here). for unknown reasons they left out lots of goodies intentionally! thats probably part of the stable setlist problem.
i doubt too many 1 time goers would complain if they got civil war instead of rocket queen or dont cry instead of YCBM.
they didnt do the same songs/order like Maiden are doing so there still is some little different stuff here and there, still it mostly has been from the same picked pool of songs the band agreed to play live. having it more unpredictable is giving even more excitement, is easy to do and again i absolutely dont think switching the setlist can hurt generally, even for song orders: if they play jungle in the encore......the 1-time-show goer will be pleased as they've played the song, the multiple show goer and setlist comparers will be pleased as the order is switched and there is some new opener and the band might love that, too. + there could be some cool Axl words/rant before starting the jungle question  hihi

basically that would be a win-win situation for everybody!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 05:06:12 AM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2009, 05:43:38 AM »

Saw them both nights in Sydney in '07 and both sets were the same. Was a bit disapointed, really wanted to see them play Chinese Democracy. Still great shows though.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2009, 09:11:44 AM »

The setlist is a NO win situation no matter how you look at it.  Someone is always gonna leave a show wondering why they didn't play a certain song or two or more.  If they play too many new songs, people will complain they didn't play enough of the "classics".  If they play too much AFD, it'll be not enough UYI or CD songs.  If they played lots of UYI, the casuals will be upset they didn't get to hear AFD.  You can't please everyone with song selection.  All they can do is perform the hell out of the songs they choose.  And both times I've seen them they've done that tenfold. 

I could almost understand this argument if GNR were out on the road every year.  I've seen Def Leppard 6 times or so in the last 4 years and the last 5 shows have been basically the same exact setlist.  It's starting to get a little old and I'd love if they changed it up a bit.  They played ONE new song at the last show I went to.  I wouldn't mind hearing some more songs from their latest album, BUT they still put on a great show and a good time is had by all.

As for GNR, they've only been in my neck of the woods a couple times over the last 7 years so my chances of seeing them have been limited unless I chose to travel.  I heard a lot of the same songs in 2006 as I did in 2002, but it didn't make a damn difference to me.  I was thrilled to be there.  I got to hear my favorite GNR song "Rocket Queen" the first time around, and "Think About You".  In 2006 I got to hear the "new" songs.  They were all fantastic.  Would I have liked to hear "Down On The Farm", "Dead Horse", "Breakdown", etc.?  Sure, but I they could play Hava Nagila and I'd be happy. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2009, 12:25:12 PM »

It's starting to get a little old and I'd love if they changed it up a bit.

i doubt too many 1 time goers would complain if they got civil war instead of rocket queen or dont cry instead of YCBM.

its about too stable setlists from shows which easily could be changed from show to show.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2009, 02:14:28 PM »

I saw them on two separate legs, and the setlists were different each time.  Even in a span of three consecutive shows, the songs changed night-to-night.

I was very satisfied with my LIVE GN'R experience, and I can't wait for more; whenever that may be.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2009, 04:15:22 PM »

It's starting to get a little old and I'd love if they changed it up a bit.

its about too stable setlists from shows which easily could be changed from show to show.
Again, if GNR were on tour EVERY year playing the same exact setlist each show you may have a reason to complain (not really but I'll indulge for the sake of it).  But you honestly can't get upset at them for playing a similar setlist throughout a tour in 2002 then a tour in 2006.  Most bands play pretty static setlists.  I suggest you go to other bands forums and complain about their setlists while you're at it, because they're doing the same thing.  Pearl Jam is the only band I can think of that changes things up quite a bit every single show they play.  So don't go complain about setlists on their board.  But get to work, you've got a lot of ground to cover if you're so upset at bands playing static setlists.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2009, 04:29:10 PM »

well im a diehard cd time fan i prefer the 21 century gnr songs (those on cd) to the classics. AND i know for a fact that the crowd at the 2006/2007 shows went nuts when the classics were played.

i'd rather see the whole house rocking to death than a part of it doing so.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2009, 04:37:22 PM »

@faldor:

thats the hostility factor from other fans i've allready mentioned, thanks for proving my point again!
there still hasnt been ONE real argument against some more unpredictable setlists.

i'm ok for going on topic again though and i still have no idea about that.

Re-Union time, baby!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2009, 04:59:33 PM »

@faldor:

thats the hostility factor from other fans i've allready mentioned, thanks for proving my point again!
there still hasnt been ONE real argument against some more unpredictable setlists.

i'm ok for going on topic again though and i still have no idea about that.
Hey no problem just doing my job.  Keep complaining about the setlists and the hostility will ensue, rest assured.  Glad I could help you out.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2009, 05:38:43 PM »

I think it's been pointed out to you that no matter how much or little they change the setlist, somebody will always be unhappy.

If it's not you, it's somebody else.

Maybe you wouldn't care if somebody else was unhappy, but that's a completely different discussion.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2009, 05:49:41 PM »

Considering they played 6 new songs at the first Hammerstein show and only 1 at a few dates on the UK tour, there goes the "setlist never changes" argument.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2009, 06:16:05 PM »

back in the uk,

hey you don't know how lucky UR boys

yeah back in the uk Grin
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2009, 07:14:46 PM »

How unpredictable can a band with 4 albums and an EP be? 
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2009, 07:17:56 PM »

GN'R played songs from 6 different studio albums at the gibson amp. 12/20/06

songs from AFD, Lies, UYI1, UYI2, TSI and CD.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2009, 07:56:11 PM »

GN'R played songs from 6 different studio albums at the gibson amp. 12/20/06

songs from AFD, Lies, UYI1, UYI2, TSI and CD.

I guess I should have said 4 real albums and an EP.  I suppose that technically TSI is an album but...
circusboy666
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2009, 02:08:32 PM »

what use is it even discussing a setlist from past to worry about future setlists. the only thing people SHOULD worry about is IF there will be a tour....this year, next year?Huh
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 08:05:23 PM by circusboy666 » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2009, 02:04:05 PM »

I was thinking, you've been warned about this

But what about some kind of buy back your illegal gun program?  A deal between the band and the fans.

You know, IF there are any illegal items out there, the band could offer to buy those back with some kind of exclusive GNR something, like say backstage passes or a collector's piece.  You prove to the band you got it and if nothing leeks out on the net before the next release, everything happens including amnesty. 

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: