Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:33:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Cars and Axl
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cars and Axl  (Read 5859 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« on: August 21, 2009, 08:57:37 AM »

I know that Ax has an Enzo but is he a real petrolhead? Does he have a large collection of cars?

Having just seeing JayK on a repeat of Top Gear, was wondering if Axl could beat his time in the "Star in a reasonable priced car" JK has about 30-40 cars of all types and knows how to drive them fast.

Jay Leno gave it a go in the last series and did a respectable time, again having a legendary collection of cars and bikes.

I would love to see another "Rocker" do a decent time,Brian Jackson of ACDC did a great lap also, a real loon at the age of 64. Top Gear being one of the UK's most watch shows would be a great platform to launch a tour/album or both from.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 09:06:57 AM »

I guess he's interrested in cars and stuff like that, remember he was on some F1 in 2006, and the enzo, isn't there a pic of him checking a lambo out too? and some mercedes sl? and that little "toy" thingie cart from the early 90's, there's more
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 09:12:41 AM »

Ah the Lambo, there's a video on Youtube of it being revved in the garage, the cart thing I've seen too, has a baseball cap on IIRC, didn't know about the Merc only the Merck that drove him round the bend  rofl

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 01:16:37 PM »

Axl is not a racer. watch the vid where he gets interviewed at the Race where he was watching some formule 1 driver (sorry forgot the name)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 04:43:02 PM »

james dean was a racer and died in a race.  Undecided

guess the most Americans are interested in cars.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 06:35:57 PM »

So true ppbebe, I think alot of us from America indeed like cars, I know that I am one of them, however our collection is in no way the size of Jay Leno or any other celebs for that matter.  I love Vettes and so own two of them, I also like Mustangs and own 1. Love old school cars, have a 67 ragtop chevelle, all restored and beautiful, and also a 37 Ford Pick-up we restored and enjoy entering in our local parades every summer.  Cars are fun, especially a project car, an old piece of shit that belongs in the junkyard is fun to restore and slowly watch it come back to life, as if she were brand new all over again, kinda like Steven Kings "Christine".

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 07:09:23 PM »

Axl is not a racer. watch the vid where he gets interviewed at the Race where he was watching some formule 1 driver (sorry forgot the name)

Kimi R?ikk?nen!!!!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 10:18:27 PM »

Kimi R?ikk?nen!!!!

/jarmo
who???  hihi hihi j/k

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 04:04:01 AM »

I would love to see Axl on Top Gear.  I watch that show all the time on BBC America.  It's my favorite show.  I would have loved to see him with the guys when they were in America driving the muscle cars, but couldn't be entertaining..... they could only be factual. lol.  That was the best.  But ya Axl would be great for that show.  On another note, how great would "Sorry" have been on Inglorious Bastards.  That would have been such a good song at the end.  I would have loved that.
Carl Andrews
Opening Act

Hard Rock.

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 04:34:31 AM »

I would love to see another "Rocker" do a decent time,Brian Jackson of ACDC did a great lap also, a real loon at the age of 64. Top Gear being one of the UK's most watch shows would be a great platform to launch a tour/album or both from.

Brian Johnson

Axl Rose is The Stig Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 04:36:06 AM by Carl Andrews » Logged

Living in the moment.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 04:35:22 AM »

Kimi R?ikk?nen!!!!

/jarmo
who???  hihi hihi j/k

Smiley  somebody apparently struck a nerve.....

Stavanger-rock-city!!
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 06:00:39 AM »

Kimi R?ikk?nen!!!!

/jarmo
who???  hihi hihi j/k

Smiley  somebody apparently struck a nerve.....

If Jarmo would have not educated you on this subject, then some other Finn in here might have.. lol.. I still remember browsing through an evening paper in June  2006 and spotting Axl on sport section.. I went like...  What !!  It took me few seconds to spot Kimi even thou they were standing next to each other.

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
Burton
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 06:09:01 AM »

Axl and Chris Pitman both thanked Kimi R?ikk?nen on the booklet of Chinese Democracy.

Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 07:11:31 AM »

I've often thought Axl would be a great guest for Top Gear's Star in a reasonably priced car! 

The sit down with Clarkson would be good too  hihi
Christian
VIP

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 01:27:16 PM »

Kimi R?ikk?nen!!!!

/jarmo
Here's the Youtube Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbwrP0teGFg
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: