Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:23:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  LPs revisited...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: LPs revisited...  (Read 10984 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2009, 12:54:51 PM »

For some reason I had this kind of pic in my head: http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/images/ITDA-03-aliasing.jpg

You know, the more samples you take, the better the "digital curve" will be... If you just connect the dots, you won't get a proper waveform....

But it's been a while since I was this geeky.... hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2009, 01:23:35 PM »

Slightly off topic, but my dogs don't like Shacklers Revenge, soon as it comes on they're gone, but not on any other track (GnR or other) This frequence talk and non-audiable to human levels, got me wondering if there's a noise/pitch whatever that they don't like. And its like from the very first second, they just get up and leave....freeky

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2009, 01:35:12 PM »

Jarmo. That's exactly it... For the player, it is not necessary to have the actual full waveform. All it needs is enough information so that it can present every component of the signal: the frequencies, and their amplitudes. The picture shows really well what's going on. As the sampling rate is so low, the decoder doesn't get enough information to produce the original signal. Instead, what it sees is the lower picture.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: