Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 10:40:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash & Friends w/Ozzy, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Avalon Theater 11/22
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Friends w/Ozzy, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Avalon Theater 11/22  (Read 38483 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2009, 08:18:44 AM »

Also, do you think Slash and Duff have had a falling out with Matt? Just hes usually in on EVERYTHING they do. Havent seen him with them for a while!

last time i heard, he was on tour with Motorhead though so i doubt it.  Not sure of them tour dates though.
Actually i just checked another thread and i think matt is finished with them.

Maybe they realised Steven is better Smiley
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 08:24:23 AM by jacdaniel » Logged

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #181 on: November 27, 2009, 08:28:37 AM »

Also, do you think Slash and Duff have had a falling out with Matt? Just hes usually in on EVERYTHING they do. Havent seen him with them for a while!

last time i heard, he was on tour with Motorhead though so i doubt it.  Not sure of them tour dates though.
that was only for like 2-3 weeks
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2009, 08:34:29 AM »

that was only for like 2-3 weeks

Updated previous post Smiley

Im not sure what the situation with Matt is to be honest and i don't really care.
They had a VR meeting recently and all parties seemed quite happy with the outcome.

However, Matt may not be too happy with the status of VR.  He seemed to do a lot of talking for VR especially since Weiland left. 
he seemed like the person that wanted to find a new singer more than the rest.

i don't belive there has been a falling out but this may add to your theory Smiley

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2009, 12:13:00 PM »

would love to see Sorum go and Adler come in

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #184 on: November 27, 2009, 12:56:13 PM »

There's been no falling out that I know of, I suspect we'll see both Slash and Duff playing with Matt and Camp Freddy this December at CF's Christmas Roxy Residency...

As for Popcorn replacing Sorum (if VR ever reforms), not a chance - he's an accident waiting to happen.. 

A one off for nostalgias sake is fine but anything permanent will never happen, they've been down that road before.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: November 27, 2009, 01:16:45 PM »

so if seeing slash, duff and adler performing together reminds you gnr... you aren't a true gnr fan?

Interesting question. I'm assuming you think only that "defines" a true fan. Which is wrong. Smiley

But maybe, just maybe, some of the people who make that kind of statements weren't real fans to begin with?

I'm assuming the same people were as excited when Izzy joined GN'R on stage in 2006......

/jarmo

very much so, was lucky enough to see the last hammerstein show w izzy-probably the best live show i ever been to
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #186 on: November 27, 2009, 04:39:50 PM »

Dave Navarro is interviewed prior to the event, he talks about Slash asking him to participate...

Rockerrazzi.com exclusive video with Dave Navarro 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJvklK4xAtQ

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2009, 06:17:55 PM »

Its amazing the difference in the sound when Steve plays. It sounds the way that song should sound. Steven's drumming style is unique and he really did have a major contribution to the Guns N' Roses sound. His groove is kick-ass!! Slash and Duff should do more work with him, he's what's been missing to give that gritty swing that was on Appetite for Destruction. Hope he can stay clean long enough to record something with the guys. The musical chemistry is amazing and clearly evident.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2009, 06:26:19 PM »

Hope he can stay clean long enough to record something with the guys.

There is a track on Slash's new album with Adler on drums with Flea on bass. I am interested to see how Steven sounds on the song as we have heard really nothing new from him in ages that I know of.

Slash is a big tease on this album in that respect that he gives us him/izzy/duff and Steven on the same album but on different tracks. Better than the alternative of none of them though.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2009, 06:43:10 PM »

There is a track on Slash's new album with Adler on drums with Flea on bass. I am interested to see how Steven sounds on the song as we have heard really nothing new from him in ages that I know of.

Slash is a big tease on this album in that respect that he gives us him/izzy/duff and Steven on the same album but on different tracks. Better than the alternative of none of them though.
If all four played together then its basically original GNR minus Axl. Perhaps the guys didn't want to do it as a sign of respect to Axl, maybe they'll only do it if its all five of them. May never happen but I still hope someday it will.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2009, 10:44:33 PM »

If all four played together then its basically original GNR minus Axl. Perhaps the guys didn't want to do it as a sign of respect to Axl, maybe they'll only do it if its all five of them. May never happen but I still hope someday it will.

i suspect we may see all 4 do a song whenever slash puts a tour together for this album next year; though it would seem a logistical nightmare to try to tour that album with all the guests he has on it...........but maybe a house band, guest musicians, and maybe 3-4 different singers.........but I wouldnt mind seeing izzy slash, duff and steve doing PC w/ Chester singing and maybe a couple of other's
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2009, 10:54:01 PM »

i suspect we may see all 4 do a song whenever slash puts a tour together for this album next year; though it would seem a logistical nightmare to try to tour that album with all the guests he has on it...........but maybe a house band, guest musicians, and maybe 3-4 different singers.........but I wouldnt mind seeing izzy slash, duff and steve doing PC w/ Chester singing and maybe a couple of other's
Slash has said he's gonna tour in support of the album.  How, I don't know, but it'll happen one way or another.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2009, 12:31:05 AM »

I think Franky Perez will be the main singer for the Slash & Friends tour, with guest vocalists throughout the tour.

I also think that this Slash & Friends tour will be the test to see how Franky is touring, and if it goes well, I think we'll see him fronting VR whenever they reform.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2009, 12:43:47 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4vGiuCJ_qY

High quality from the Wolfmother concert of Die by the sword... HD version.. Nice.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2009, 02:34:57 AM »

I dont want to be that guy BUT we don't exactly know everything about the album yet...! I mean think about it if Slash Duff Izzy and Steven where at one point all in Slash's studio you'd think they'd jam just for old times sake and who knows? Not saying I'm holding my breathe but its a possibility!

But then again as someone stated . they might have done it out of respect for Axl and the Guns legacy.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2009, 03:09:03 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4vGiuCJ_qY

High quality from the Wolfmother concert of Die by the sword... HD version.. Nice.

Thanks for posting that! ok

The more I listen to this song, the more I think it could do pretty well on the radio, especially here in Australia.
Wolfmother are very popular here as they're an Aussie band, and this sounds like a Wolfmother track with a killer Slash solo.

I also worked out how to play the main riff, and it's really fun to play. It's great that Slash is still coming up with cool riffs to learn! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2009, 09:02:59 AM »

I'm assuming the same people were as excited when Izzy joined GN'R on stage in 2006......

/jarmo
[/quote]

I for one was massively excited.

Any true Guns n Roses fan would be.........Jarmo u seem suprised  that people can be a GNR fan and appreciative of former members as well as the new GNR....why is that?Huh?

It doesn't have to mean that being a GNR fan equals hating the old crew.....unless ur a a mindless drone

I recall those who hated Izzy ( who was WAYYYYYYY more critical of Axl than the other guys were)....then lo and behold they play together and he's just fine.
Unfortunately there's a weirdo pseudo religious element on this site who should be discouraged at all cost....the Michael jackson equivelant.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 09:13:28 AM by carmiedisco12 » Logged
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2009, 03:47:59 AM »

What a nice picture. Steve, Duff and Slash.....Guns n' Roses  beer

delusional

WOW, gave me goosebumps

WOW, why?

duh cause 3 of my fave musicians who made up one of the greatest albums of all time are back onstage together? Shit throw Izzy up there also and I'll really freak.

There Jim Bob goes again. He thinks the old lineup and basically the entire history of Guns N' Roses pre-Chinese Democracy is irrelevant. Well, I wish you luck on the road you've chosen...  Roll Eyes

i asked why he had goose bumps.  so what?   who are you again?

Someone, who's been a member on this board for two years longer than you, so shut up n00b...  Roll Eyes

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2009, 04:49:46 PM »

Some videos from the show have just been posted, the quality is very good.

Duff & Slash w/Billy Idol "Out Ta Get Me" (second song in)

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedCarpetRoxy#p/u/3/R4TkyknFU00

Slash w/Ozzy Osbourne "Iron Man" & "Crazy Train"

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedCarpetRoxy#p/u/1/8Q94rKq2IVw

Slash w/Billy Idol "Rebel Yell" Ozzy Osbourne "I Don't Know"

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedCarpetRoxy#p/u/2/pIddxYd28lA

Slash w/Perry Farrell "Jane Says" and "Mountain Song"

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedCarpetRoxy#p/u/4/OyK7tagPLVA

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedCarpetRoxy#p/u/5/YyoQGZRpI54

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2009, 01:51:31 PM »

OZZY, SLASH, TOM MORELLO, PERRY FARRELL At 'LAYN Rocks!'; Quality Video Footage Available - Dec. 19, 2009

Ozzy Osbourne, Tom Morello (RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE), Perry Farrell (JANE'S ADDICTION), Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION), Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES), Steven Adler (GUNS N' ROSES) and Billy Idol are among the guest musicians who joined Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) for a special benefit concert in Los Angeles on November 22.

The ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist joined forces with a host of guest stars at the LAYN (Los Angeles Youth Network) charity show at the Avalon to help raise funds for the homeless.

Watch fan-filmed video footage of the concert below (courtesy of "RedCarpetRoxy").

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132275

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: