Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:20:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227828 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Canada eh? - Canadian tour in Jan-Feb 2010
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Canada eh? - Canadian tour in Jan-Feb 2010  (Read 188405 times)
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #680 on: November 09, 2009, 05:18:58 PM »

It's just akward that there is indeed still no official announcement by Guns about the tour.

IMO there are only 2 reasons for this:
- Guns are not yet (100%) sure the tour will actually happen
- Guns just don't want to make a lot of publicity for it (or they don't care)...just tour and see  (which is allright for me)

I don't believe in (again) some legal issues or other complex contract agreement problems which prevents them of updating the official website.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #681 on: November 09, 2009, 05:49:42 PM »

It's just akward that there is indeed still no official announcement by Guns about the tour.

- Guns just don't want to make a lot of publicity for it (or they don't care)...just tour and see  (which is allright for me)

I don't believe in (again) some legal issues or other complex contract agreement problems which prevents them of updating the official website.

I may have come off wrong earlier. Trust me when I say I'm hoping for the best. Little things like Ron's twitter this morning make me very hopeful and exciting for what should be starting in Japan in just a few weeks.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #682 on: November 09, 2009, 05:51:13 PM »

what should be starting in Japan in just a few weeks.

Taipei, Taiwan actually....  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #683 on: November 09, 2009, 07:59:55 PM »

I know that there are plenty of other ways for GNR to update their fans.

GNR have come to expect their fans to possess a certain amount of intelligence so they decided that if anyone can't figure out how to find the tour dates from the 1,000,000,000 different sites other than the OFFICIAL one, then those "fans" need to STAY THE FUCK HOME!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #684 on: November 12, 2009, 12:04:38 AM »

Ticketmaster nor these venues are gonna start selling tickets unless the dates are booked.   While one may want to be hesitant of some of the other tour dates the Canadian ones are a go.  No one sells tickets to a event that is not 100%   Can things happen sure but that is the way it is right now. 
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #685 on: November 12, 2009, 01:24:48 AM »

anyone here have any numbers on how many tickets have been sold for each show? Especially interested to know how many tickets have been sold for the saskatoon show since that's the one i'm going to.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #686 on: November 12, 2009, 08:44:55 AM »

anyone here have any numbers on how many tickets have been sold for each show? Especially interested to know how many tickets have been sold for the saskatoon show since that's the one i'm going to.
I don't think any of the shows have sold out yet, but some have sold better than others.  So depending on the show, the quality/quantity of seats differ.  I'd check Ticketmaster to see what's left for Saskatoon.  Just do a random search for best seats available in whatever amount you're looking for and see what comes up.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #687 on: November 12, 2009, 03:57:46 PM »

The last Toronto show was fucking amazing..

Yes it was.

Or like you and Fernando like to put it "Word!".  Wink

People who go to multiple shows always try to pick their favorites and then suddenly it seems like Toronto sucked. Which is far from the truth!

Every show is obviously unique. Different crowds, different settings etc.

So if somebody prefers London (Ontario) to Toronto, it doesn't make Toronto bad.... Just different.

Like it was pointed out, if you come from abroad to see a show, Toronto is a natural choice. There's lots to explore before/after the show there. It's a beautiful city and you get a great show on top of that!

Those who try to suggest people coming from abroad to choose some other city instead of Toronto is like saying you should skip New York because the crowds are different in Newark!

hihi

/jarmo

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I have Sunday 24th and Monday 25th in Toronto.
Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th + GNR in Montreal.
Then Thurs 28th + GNR and Friday day back in Toronto.
Back to London, England on Fri eve/Sat am.

Rock n roll

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #688 on: November 12, 2009, 04:39:50 PM »

GNR have come to expect their fans to possess a certain amount of intelligence so they decided that if anyone can't figure out how to find the tour dates from the 1,000,000,000 different sites other than the OFFICIAL one, then those "fans" need to STAY THE FUCK HOME!!!

Agree with this
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #689 on: November 12, 2009, 04:45:03 PM »

But isn't this the same GNR that has warned us not to believe everything you hear unless you hear it from them?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #690 on: November 12, 2009, 04:48:36 PM »

But isn't this the same GNR that has warned us not to believe everything you hear unless you hear it from them?

Sure. But you can't just live by that rule and stop thinking.

For example, when tickets for a tour go on sale at reputable ticket sellers and Canadian promoters announce shows, you might wanna think for yourself....

We're not talking about some "journalist" who makes shit up because he has no access to the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #691 on: November 12, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »

For example, when tickets for a tour go on sale at reputable ticket sellers and Canadian promoters announce shows, you might wanna think for yourself....

Agreed with that. But sometimes the problem is knowing what promoters are reputable and what promoters are not.

I dont think some early updates with the dates in one of the official sites can harm at all...

But I must admit this constant atmosphere of ''its only confirmed when the lights go out and jungle riff starts'' is exciting  Grin

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #692 on: November 12, 2009, 05:33:02 PM »

Agreed with that. But sometimes the problem is knowing what promoters are reputable and what promoters are not.

It's kinda easy. Common sense.

If the venues are (well) known, if the tickets are going on sale at well known places etc., chances are it's real.

If the gig is taking place in a far away place that has no history of having big rock concerts, and there's no way to check how reputable the promoter or ticket sellers are, be cautious.

/jarmo

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #693 on: November 12, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »

I just got done re-reading the Dexter chats and Axl told us there is a lot of crap that goes on with the official site. So let's not get too hung up on what doesn't make it on there. Plus we've got the Myspace confirmation which I just saw too.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
mikeaxl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #694 on: November 12, 2009, 09:44:11 PM »

What was everybody doing before the internet? The first 30 or so shows I went to weren't announced via some website.
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #695 on: November 12, 2009, 09:45:15 PM »

What was everybody doing before the internet? The first 30 or so shows I went to weren't announced via some website.

there ya go, see thats the way it always was, I have been to a shitload of shows without the net

Gunsguy
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #696 on: November 13, 2009, 01:15:44 AM »

I don't think any of the shows have sold out yet, but some have sold better than others.  So depending on the show, the quality/quantity of seats differ.  I'd check Ticketmaster to see what's left for Saskatoon.  Just do a random search for best seats available in whatever amount you're looking for and see what comes up.

Pretty much it.  The Regina show is close to being sold out no floors, just back sides for both lower and upper.  Saskatoon on the other hand still has a fair bit more available.  Not to surprising I think as some pics and reviews come back from the asian shows tix will start getting picked up faster.  Saskatoon also tends to do the last min thing where people will buy tickets with a few days before the show ect. 
Uber-Tech
Opening Act

« Reply #697 on: November 13, 2009, 06:14:16 AM »

Congratulations to all the people lucky enough to be able to go to these shows, hope you all have a fantastic time. Smiley

If you don't believe in yourself, don't expect others to.
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #698 on: November 13, 2009, 07:43:51 AM »

Congratulations to all the people lucky enough to be able to go to these shows, hope you all have a fantastic time. Smiley

.... and please share some audio or video.... I am not that kind of smart ass who knows how to arrange these things but it's hard to believe the shows will be done without some footage on the net after that....

Have fun...band and fans !  beer
Sharky-dude
Headliner

Silence Isn't Golden When I'm Holding It Inside

« Reply #699 on: November 13, 2009, 01:02:54 PM »

.... and please share some audio or video.... I am not that kind of smart ass who knows how to arrange these things but it's hard to believe the shows will be done without some footage on the net after that....

Have fun...band and fans !  beer

Goin to the first Canadian show (winnipeg). I'm on the floor and my plan is to sneak in my HD digital camcorder and elbow my way to center stage, probably a couple rows back and document as much as possible. Will upload to the winnipeg section in tour dates. Or link to youtube if thats better?

!go Jets go!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: