Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:28:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Canada eh? - Canadian tour in Jan-Feb 2010
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Canada eh? - Canadian tour in Jan-Feb 2010  (Read 188035 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2009, 04:29:30 PM »

I can't believe they would tour Canada and not do US tour dates at the same time.... It doesn't make sense to travel all the way across canada without stopping at US venues as well...

there's a date scheduled for Montr?al at the moment is not it?(bell center,27 january 2010) not a series of concerts throughout the Canadian mainland?

No dates have been officially announced yet OR confirmed by anyone credible.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2009, 04:33:58 PM »

about 9 and a half hours left right?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2009, 04:38:09 PM »

I have to be at work at 5am Eastern tomorrow. Anyone have any clue what time this announcement is happening in the Eastern time zone?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »

One post said 7:20, if I read correctly.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2009, 04:49:42 PM »

I guess the announcement is at 8am local time in Canada, so it'll be about 15hrs left.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2009, 05:03:11 PM »

the countdown says 15hours for pcs in ET.  HTGTH is in the zone.  yes

@ GnR-now this one
Q104 in Halifax is making a major concert announcement at 7:20am on Monday morning

http://www.q104.ca/

peace
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:06:40 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2009, 05:10:04 PM »

I can't believe they would tour Canada and not do US tour dates at the same time.... It doesn't make sense to travel all the way across canada without stopping at US venues as well...

there's a date scheduled for Montr?al at the moment is not it?(bell center,27 january 2010) not a series of concerts throughout the Canadian mainland?

Reputable radio stations will reveal Canadian dates on Monday.

It is important though that the band add credence by putting these dates on their official website. An official announcement would be even better.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2009, 05:20:25 PM »

Reputable radio stations will reveal Canadian dates on Monday.

It is important though that the band add credence by putting these dates on their official website. An official announcement would be even better.

That's what I meant actually lol. We will find out tomorrow where the band is going to be playing here.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2009, 06:11:50 PM »

I think some and even I may look to much into this anouncement.

we know that they will tour asia..
canada is in the works and seems a done deal...

so at least tours in asia and canada.

North america 2 I guess in 2010.
small break in the end of 09 and begin 2010

N-america dates winter/spring.
Europe summer festivals and arena's(stadiums?)
ausie's after europe
Z-america somewhere 2...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2009, 06:12:57 PM »

Pearl Jam did exactly that in 2005.  They played 16 shows from Vancouver to St. John's without hitting the US in between.  I'm not saying this is what GNR are going to do, but it is something that has been done before. 

but pearl jam had 2 US shows on the front end AND 5 on the back end, plus 3 addiitonal US shows a few months before the tour. add to that the fact that they toured the US in 2006 and it's basically a very different situation.

gnr is beginning what appears to be a world tour in support of CD. US shows are very likely at some point. MOST bands tour north america with shows in canada and the US mixed in together for obvious reasons (as gnr has done a few times in the past). so for me, it would be a little surprising if they played several canadian shows with no US dates.

possible? absolutely. the touring possibilities are endless. especially in light of the changing market for music and the current economy. you can't make the same old assumptions anymore. maybe there will be a seperate U.S. leg a couple (or several) months later. we shall see.

exciting times!   ok

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2009, 06:21:05 PM »

Why is it "important"?  It didn't seem to make any difference for the last tour.  A lot of the North American shows were first announced elsewhere and then appeared on gnr.com.

Maybe this is a way to give those radio stations a chance to create some hype for the shows.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2009, 06:23:27 PM »

Why is it "important"?  It didn't seem to make any difference for the last tour.  A lot of the North American shows were first announced elsewhere and then appeared on gnr.com.

Maybe this is a way to give those radio stations a chance to create some hype for the shows.

...cause the band has done WAY too much already! Tongue
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2009, 06:48:30 PM »

How many other bands can boast that their fans know that they're the "surprise" announcement because we recognize dental work!!!  Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »

Someone claims that CHOM 97.7 in Montreal announced a show for Jan 27th at the Bell Centre.

Tickets on sale Oct 24.

Not sure the validity of this rumor, but just thought I'd pass it along.

They are reporting that here, but I don't see anything at the link?

The show will be at the Bell Centre (formerly known as the Molson Centre), in Montreal, Quebec, on January 27.

Tickets go on sale October 24.

http://www.geg.ca/

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2009/10/httpwww.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2009, 06:53:37 PM »

How many other bands can boast that their fans know that they're the "surprise" announcement because we recognize dental work!!!  Tongue

Funny you mention this, was reading on a thread where a couple people were debating who it was. One correctly said Axl, and everyone bashed him.

There is only one person though that can rock that goatee with those teeth!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2009, 06:56:04 PM »

Why is it "important"? 
'cause it adds to the excitement for fans, I suppose you are a fan since you're visiting this place everyday, wouldn't you like to see and read as much as you can from the band? I sure would
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2009, 07:01:55 PM »

'cause it adds to the excitement for fans, I suppose you are a fan since you're visiting this place everyday, wouldn't you like to see and read as much as you can from the band? I sure would

Not really because, as a long time fan, I know that's not how they usually do this kind of thing.

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2009, 07:12:53 PM »

Not really because, as a long time fan, I know that's not how they usually do this kind of thing.
that doesn't make any sense, "yeah i'm a long time fan of this band but info from and about them are bleh to me, cause they usually don't update their website"

I hope I misunderstood your post

i'm not talking about "this kind of thing", i'm talking in general
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #218 on: October 18, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »

What exactly are you hoping to achieve by whining about that in this thread?

If we're to believe our Canadian friends, there'll be some exciting news tomorrow. Yet, some are whining about something else. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Roll Eyes

Thanks Yannick for pointing this one out:
http://www.ckoi.com/concours.php?a=infos&cid=5351

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #219 on: October 18, 2009, 07:32:16 PM »

Thanks Yannick for pointing this one out:
http://www.ckoi.com/concours.php?a=infos&cid=5351

/jarmo

Is this a Montreal radio station? I suppose they're only announcing this one date, for their local audience.

January 27 would be one of the dates then since the Gillette promoter logo is present, making it pretty much official.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: