Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:07:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227771 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Canada eh? - Canadian tour in Jan-Feb 2010
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Canada eh? - Canadian tour in Jan-Feb 2010  (Read 187933 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #640 on: November 05, 2009, 03:32:15 PM »

Yeah I was looking for that too... Spirit where did you find that seating chart?

http://www.billetech.com/html/evinfo.htmI?CNTX=2070335&l=FR&C=

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #641 on: November 05, 2009, 03:33:58 PM »

I would just like to add that if you are going to the Montreal show, the Toronto show could be risky as it's the very next night. Anything can go wrong that could cause you to miss the second show with such a tight time frame.

It's not bad advice.

But you have to consider that the band and gear also must make that trip....

A lot of people are selfish and just think they magically appear on stage every night. They think, they telaport to every city. lol
Touring can be hell esp. in the winter. Please take that into concideration people.

/jarmo

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Derby Greg
Derby Tourism Ambassador
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #642 on: November 05, 2009, 04:28:54 PM »

Is anyone else from the UK (or Europe) planning on going to the Canada shows? Or am I the only one crazy enough to think about doing it??!

For those of you that live locally (or who otherwise know Montreal and Toronto better than I do i.e you have been at least once),  I am thinking of getting a seat (floor now sold out I believe) to the Toronto show and a ticket (Floor if possible) to the Montreal show.

I would be travelling down via coach from Montreal to Toronto on the 28th to catch a second show in as many days. Am I crazy ??!- cost isn't an issue but is it do-able or am I going to freeze to death in the Canadian wilderness?

I mean if Jarmo can sleep overnight in a Derby bus shelter, I can traverse Canada in a day...

Comments appreciated guys

GREG

yes its possible to do it Greg.  Its gonna be around a 6-8 hour bus ride from Montreal to Toronto.  Depending on how often that bus stops.  As for freezing to death.... your more likely to in Montreal, its WAY colder due to a higher latitude, then Toronto.  Although those french girls are hot!

I must say though, you really need to check out an atlas man...traverse Canada in a day HAHAHAHAHAHA hihi peace

I was I could afford more then just one show.  I have the option of three shows all within a 2 hour radius, Hamilton, London, Toronto.  Although, I wasn't impressed with the sound at ACC in 06.  London was a much better show and arena.  I'd say get a ticket for that show if you can.  Even Hamilton is better.

I would just like to add that if you are going to the Montreal show, the Toronto show could be risky as it's the very next night. Anything can go wrong that could cause you to miss the second show with such a tight time frame. It's totally possible but if you are spending THAT much I'd recommend one of the later shows just to make sure (and get to see a bit of Montreal while you are at it.) I'm originally from the UK myself before I moved to Canada and have to say, before I came over here I really didn't grasp the enormity of the country.. I knew it was big but didn't realise you could fit the whole of the british isles into it many times over. So travelling across canada by bus in a day would be impossible (and the cost of flying within canada is stupid expiensive.)

Thanks guys.

I know that apparantly the Toronto shows haven't perhaps rocked as hard as others in the past (according to what peeps say) but the rationale for doing 2 major cities like this, is exactly that. They are big places and I am effectively a tourist (albeit one with a killer addiction to a rock band). I figure if I am going to Eastern Canada I need to do (if at all possible) Toronto and Montreal - I have done Vancouver and British Columbia in the West (I have family there) but now is my chance - on holiday - to see 2 famous cities. London and Hamilton may have the edge (perhaps) in terms of acoustics and energy but would I want to spend much time there outside of the gigs? - no offence to people that live there - but I want to visit the sights etc and catch the best band in the world.

Of course, I will be hopefully travelling all across Europe next summer too.

It will be a fabulous Canadian adventure - fly into Toronto - 2 days there, then up to Montreal, 2 days there plus a show, back to Toronto for a day plus a show - fly back to London. Awesome.

GREG

2002 Leeds, London
2006 London Ham, Download, London W'ley
2010 Montreal, Toronto, Reading, Dublin
2011 Rio, Arg
2012 Bham,London x2,Rotterdam, Paris,Vegasx3
2013 NYCx2
2016 Vegasx2, NYCx2, CR
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #643 on: November 05, 2009, 05:41:53 PM »

iam starting to think booking two shows in saskachawan might have been a bad idea tickets look like there selling very slow in saskatoon.

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #644 on: November 05, 2009, 06:52:18 PM »

iam starting to think booking two shows in saskachawan might have been a bad idea tickets look like there selling very slow in saskatoon.

These shows are still two months away. Regina seems to be selling well (floors are gone, back of the lower bowl is what comes up now). And I'm pretty sure the fans in Saskatoon are damn happy not to have to drive to Regina, and vice-versa Wink

I'd love to go out west to see a show actually; have some friends out there but I really can't afford it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #645 on: November 05, 2009, 08:44:50 PM »

I know that apparantly the Toronto shows haven't perhaps rocked as hard as others in the past (according to what peeps say)

It's GN'R!

You're not exactly gonna hate it!

All the shows I've seen have been awesome. They're just different flavors of awesome.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #646 on: November 05, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »

The last Toronto show was fucking amazing..
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #647 on: November 05, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »

Seems unique to GNR to me... Cant find that seating chart anywhere else
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #648 on: November 06, 2009, 12:37:06 PM »

Yes it was.

Or like you and Fernando like to put it "Word!".  Wink

People who go to multiple shows always try to pick their favorites and then suddenly it seems like Toronto sucked. Which is far from the truth!

Every show is obviously unique. Different crowds, different settings etc.

So if somebody prefers London (Ontario) to Toronto, it doesn't make Toronto bad.... Just different.

Like it was pointed out, if you come from abroad to see a show, Toronto is a natural choice. There's lots to explore before/after the show there. It's a beautiful city and you get a great show on top of that!

Those who try to suggest people coming from abroad to choose some other city instead of Toronto is like saying you should skip New York because the crowds are different in Newark!

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #649 on: November 06, 2009, 12:55:44 PM »

as Jarmo said I was on 2 shows on last European tour one in Budapest and one in London.

although London was the show where Axl got ill and no new songs were played, it was an amazing show for me. crowd rocked and the atmosphere was amazing.

Budapest, on the other hand, was ok show, but crowd was not such a rocking crowd and also they were irritated by the fact the show was late (Axl was in deep shit  hihi ). wouldn't say it was bad show, but definitely I felt way better in London mostly due to crowd (well I met Jarmo, Christos and others which also rocked !!).

.. velimir
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #650 on: November 07, 2009, 05:36:49 PM »

I can't believe they would tour Canada and not do US tour dates at the same time.... It doesn't make sense to travel all the way across canada without stopping at US venues as well...

there's a date scheduled for Montr?al at the moment is not it?(bell center,27 january 2010) not a series of concerts throughout the Canadian mainland?

No dates have been officially announced yet OR confirmed by anyone credible.

Reputable radio stations will reveal Canadian dates on Monday.

It is important though that the band add credence by putting these dates on their official website. An official announcement would be even better.

I want to apologize to GN'R for my comments.

MLB currently own the rights to, and control input to, the official GN'R website. However ...dot dot dot

Hopefully Guns can find another official way to communicate with the fans in the meantime.
oldfan
Rocker

aka.... hrmmmmm

« Reply #651 on: November 07, 2009, 05:46:17 PM »

Yes it was.

Or like you and Fernando like to put it "Word!".  Wink

People who go to multiple shows always try to pick their favorites and then suddenly it seems like Toronto sucked. Which is far from the truth!

Every show is obviously unique. Different crowds, different settings etc.

So if somebody prefers London (Ontario) to Toronto, it doesn't make Toronto bad.... Just different.

Like it was pointed out, if you come from abroad to see a show, Toronto is a natural choice. There's lots to explore before/after the show there. It's a beautiful city and you get a great show on top of that!

Those who try to suggest people coming from abroad to choose some other city instead of Toronto is like saying you should skip New York because the crowds are different in Newark!

hihi

/jarmo

I was both, both were AWESOME!!

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #652 on: November 08, 2009, 09:59:50 AM »

MLB currently own the rights to, and control input to, the official GN'R website. However ...dot dot dot

Are you serious? From that crapluster promo they had together a few years ago?? How did GNR get roped into that?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #653 on: November 08, 2009, 11:44:56 AM »

Hopefully Guns can find another official way to communicate with the fans in the meantime.

we've learned that facebook is quite confusing. What about the myspace page? isn't it in the control of the band??
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #654 on: November 08, 2009, 01:02:57 PM »

I can't believe they would tour Canada and not do US tour dates at the same time.... It doesn't make sense to travel all the way across canada without stopping at US venues as well...

there's a date scheduled for Montr?al at the moment is not it?(bell center,27 january 2010) not a series of concerts throughout the Canadian mainland?

It is important though that the band add credence by putting these dates on their official website. An official announcement would be even better.

WHAT?? You cannot be serious. That's GNR's reason for never saying anything??

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #655 on: November 08, 2009, 03:23:04 PM »

So GnR can't update their site because of problems with MLB?  That sucks Sad
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #656 on: November 08, 2009, 03:29:08 PM »

what's MLB?

Chinese Democracy!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #657 on: November 08, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »

...Major League Baseball.

But you're not from the US so I'll let you slide! ok
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #658 on: November 08, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »

and why is MLB taking over Gn'r's website? i really don't get this at all.. must be an american thing... Undecided

Chinese Democracy!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #659 on: November 08, 2009, 03:37:48 PM »

and why is MLB taking over Gn'r's website? i really don't get this at all.. must be an american thing... Undecided

I don't remember exactly, but MLB media (I think...) run the GNR website? An agreement from a couple years ago right before it went online...
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: