Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 07:04:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash & Fergie Perform Sweet Child O' Mine At Rose Bowl; Video
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Fergie Perform Sweet Child O' Mine At Rose Bowl; Video  (Read 31635 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2009, 12:57:57 AM »

In Slash's defense, He has had plenty of success outside GNR. Contraband was Hugely successful and a damn great album.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2009, 01:36:23 AM »

In Slash's defense, He has had plenty of success outside GNR. Contraband was Hugely successful and a damn great album.

Slash's Snakepit "Its Five O'Clock Somewhere" sold over 1,000,000 albums in no time then the record company pulled the plug on the tour after they made their money back. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2009, 09:54:39 AM »

Slash's Snakepit "Its Five O'Clock Somewhere" sold over 1,000,000 albums in no time then the record company pulled the plug on the tour after they made their money back. 
When GNR was at its height of popularity and people still bought albums.  Those numbers were expected at that time.  Slash's Snakepit isn't exactly a legendary band though.  I haven't heard a song of theirs on the radio since the year the album was released.  Not exactly lighting up the request lines.

I'll give you Contraband being a hit, and even Libertad to an extent.  But not Slash's Snakepit.

Anyway, back on topic.  I still don't like this performance.  Both Fergie AND Slash were off their games.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The Weisenheimer
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2009, 12:53:06 PM »

Snakepit isn't too much radiomusic, though high quality

You can say "You" to me!
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #124 on: November 09, 2009, 12:56:28 PM »

urgh, that was awful. I shouldnt ahve bothered watching that. have always been against the idea of fergie singing this - actually its just a thing against any female singing GnR - it does not work for me at all.  Even Courtney Love, who I thinks ROCKS, now she's a true rocker as opposed to Fergie, but when Courtney sings Paradise City (with Hole at Big Day out back in the day) = BAD.
girls - leave the GnR alone. and slash, well this performance? no fkn comment.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2009, 02:27:29 PM »

No it didn't.  It isn't certified gold or platinum by RIAA and there is no basis for that number aside from what Slash himself claims
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2009, 02:40:12 PM »

No it didn't.  It isn't certified gold or platinum by RIAA and there is no basis for that number aside from what Slash himself claims

OFF TOPIC, but don't you have to request for RIAA certification?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2009, 12:28:18 PM »

Ok, that performance was ok. Slash didn't have the chemistry of his old bandmates beside him to make this sound like GnR but its just a bunch of musicians doing a cover on-stage. Nothing to get heated up about. I'm still happy to watch Slash play anything!

Yeah and there lack of Drums, a second guitar (excluding the base one you see in there or at least I think it was a base guitar) and without all that it dosnt sound like a good song. But Slash did his part they should have made it at least have the element of a actual band playing.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2009, 12:30:54 PM »

urgh, that was awful. I shouldnt ahve bothered watching that. have always been against the idea of fergie singing this - actually its just a thing against any female singing GnR - it does not work for me at all.  Even Courtney Love, who I thinks ROCKS, now she's a true rocker as opposed to Fergie, but when Courtney sings Paradise City (with Hole at Big Day out back in the day) = BAD.
girls - leave the GnR alone. and slash, well this performance? no fkn comment.
Ha I think that it was just the wrong girls that were singing I mean who can say that a girl can rock as much as a guy I hope by now we all can say thats not the problem.

Joe

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2009, 01:23:41 PM »

Ok, that performance was ok. Slash didn't have the chemistry of his old bandmates beside him to make this sound like GnR but its just a bunch of musicians doing a cover on-stage. Nothing to get heated up about. I'm still happy to watch Slash play anything!

Yeah and there lack of Drums, a second guitar (excluding the base one you see in there or at least I think it was a base guitar) and without all that it dosnt sound like a good song. But Slash did his part they should have made it at least have the element of a actual band playing.

Joe

Go back a few pages and you will see my link.  The first one had bad audio, I posted 2 other links from the same show that had a good mix.
curdog602
Opening Act

« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »

i heard the "rap" version he has recorded,it sucks donkey balls!!
overmatik
« Reply #131 on: December 26, 2009, 04:25:16 PM »

Snakepit isn't too much radiomusic, though high quality

Not only that, I rather listening to "I'ts 5 o' Clock" over Chinese Democracy anytime. There's better guitar playing all over it!

Btw, I just can't stand Slash playing with Fergie, she's part of the problem...
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2009, 05:12:27 PM »

Not only that, I rather listening to "I'ts 5 o' Clock" over Chinese Democracy anytime. There's better guitar playing all over it!

Maybe you should give the bong a rest.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2009, 05:21:27 PM »

maybe you should give the bong a chance smoking
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2009, 05:38:24 PM »

Bong days were a plenty. I'm retired now.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2010, 03:01:41 PM »

Maybe we all need to give the bong a chance  smoking smoking smoking

But I gotta say Chinese Democracy is the better song!

Joe

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »

Man, that Fergie is hot. I would not be unhappy if she emerged as the new lead singer for VR.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #137 on: January 27, 2010, 02:35:53 PM »

Man, that Fergie is hot. I would not be unhappy if she emerged as the new lead singer for VR.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

That will never happen she is not even close to the qualifcations to be the lead singer. She should be bowing down to Slash for even concidering doing this SCOM at the Rose Bowl.

Joe

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: