Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:15:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227812 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 261040 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 02:24:31 PM »

here is my thing, and since he is no longer in the band i can say some of this

I don't understand why some people have this huge affection with this guy

guy fucking QUIT on Axl not once but twice

totally left him hanging during the biggest moment of Axl's comeback which was the CD release.

of course this thread is very small in posts, so i guess not too many do care.

You don't know shit as usual, The first time Robin went back to NIN his contact with Guns had expired and there was nothing for him to do at that point in time (he said this in an interview back then), this time it's probably the same thing. We don't know why Robin went back to NIN this time, so for you to blatantly make shit up is fucked up. We all know you hate Robin, but spreading lies isn't right.

As for someone saying he doesn't have writing credits, he does on Better and go only knows how many other songs he helped to write that have not been released yet. Stop making shit up to try and prove your points.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 07:07:20 PM »

oh so his "Contract" was up

thats horseshit.. he was in GNR when it was convenient, he took a gamble and it bit him in the ass this last time.

just don't understand why he gets a free pass

what has led u to believe that he is going to have so many more "writing" credits on other albums? Shit, he was with Axl 10 years and got one song on CD.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2009, 07:09:46 PM »

I agree with both points being raised.

I mean how come some people hate Slash so much for leaving Guns when he said it just wasnt fun anymore?  yet the same people are quick to praise Robin for leaving Guns on the eve of their comeback album.  Thats confusing to me.  I don't think Slash would have ever quit Guns if an album was ready to go. 

But on the other hand, one poster mentions that Robin doesnt even have writing credits so i guess Axl thought it wasnt a big deal to replace him, even if it did delay a few things.

If Axl came out tomorrow and said negative stuff about Robin, this place would be so anti robin, it would be ridiculous.

Leaving Axl is bad enough, but then, when he doesn't even give a reason, that shows u he wasn't even classy or man enough to tell Axl on the phone or to his face he was leaving.

that is shitty

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2009, 07:30:08 PM »

shame this thread is heading this way........................

If Axl came out tomorrow and said negative stuff about Robin, this place would be so anti robin, it would be ridiculous.
not so sure D, if we'd compare the "finck love" with the "slash hate", that hate comes from the lies of slash, if robin would start talking bullshit (which is pretty unlikely since he's talking with the press even less then axl) then maybe you're right, but it wouldn't take away what robin has done in GNR, just like the hate don't take away anything from slash that he made in GNR

axl haven't always been positive about duff or izzy but the board haven't turned anti-izzy nor anti-duff
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 03:51:41 AM »

I think some of the "Slash hate" is also because he is so popular and successful.  If Slash was just like Robin, no one would care about him, but he is far more successful than Robin.

Id also like to see a list of these so called "Slash lies" if anyone has one? 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 07:17:58 AM »

I think some of the "Slash hate" is also because he is so popular and successful.  If Slash was just like Robin, no one would care about him, but he is far more successful than Robin.

then start a thread in VR section and let this thread be about robin
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 08:04:22 AM »

then start a thread in VR section and let this thread be about robin

Point taken   beer

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2009, 12:04:28 PM »

Look in the VR section. I believe it's a big momma' of a thread called Lies a.k.a. Slash's book ok

But what do you care? You've said many times how you don't read a book for "truth," you read it for "danger" rofl

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2009, 12:51:47 PM »

just sayin, he turned his back on the fans with no explanation.

CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2009, 12:56:12 PM »

just sayin, he turned his back on the fans with no explanation.
dawg, keep slash out of this hihi
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 07:00:32 AM »

Look in the VR section. I believe it's a big momma' of a thread called Lies a.k.a. Slash's book ok

I couldn't find that topic with the search function and I tried twice to post a topic asking for a list of the so-called "slash lies", but they both got deleted. Oh well..forget it then.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2009, 07:06:35 AM »

I couldn't find that topic with the search function and I tried twice to post a topic asking for a list of the so-called "slash lies", but they both got deleted. Oh well..forget it then.
i could find a couple of threads, if you wanna talk abour robin, do so, if not.. well
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2009, 07:26:29 AM »

But what do you care? You've said many times how you don't read a book for "truth," you read it for "danger" rofl

never said i didnt care about the truth, just said that i dont care for little things like getting a date wrong.

Some of you guys are proving what i said about Slash being so much more popular than Robin.

Why don't you answer the questions D raised about Robin instead of talking about Slash?

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 07:41:37 AM »

I think Robin is great. Finally getting to see him perform with Nine Inch Nails this summer was awesome.

But... it's true that leaving without any explanation was a pretty lame move. Think back to this time last year, when Axl was posting on here... Robin had already been touring for the last six months with NIN (and he was recording/rehearsing for about 3 or 4 months before that), and Axl still had no idea what was going on with him. They had to put something on the official website to tell people that they had had no communication from Robin about his plans.

Now, I do understand his decision, and still think he's a great performer. And I don't necessarily buy into this "he abandoned the fans without explanation" stuff. He didn't owe us an explanation... but his bandmates? The least he could have done was say "I'm touring with NIN for a while, and I'm not sure what I'm doing after that yet"... just to give them a head's up.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2009, 07:52:33 AM »

But... it's true that leaving without any explanation was a pretty lame move. Think back to this time last year, when Axl was posting on here... Robin had already been touring for the last six months with NIN (and he was recording/rehearsing for about 3 or 4 months before that), and Axl still had no idea what was going on with him. They had to put something on the official website to tell people that they had had no communication from Robin about his plans.
this is gonna be a first, axl could have checked with robin, communication should go both ways Tongue
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2009, 07:59:15 AM »

this is gonna be a first, axl could have checked with robin, communication should go both ways Tongue

This is true. But I guess it's the person who's leaving's responsibility to tell his band.

Anyway... other than all of that, Robin is awesome, and I'm hoping he does something else now that NIN as a touring band no longer exist, and he's not in GN'R.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »

here is my thing, and since he is no longer in the band i can say some of this

I don't understand why some people have this huge affection with this guy

guy fucking QUIT on Axl not once but twice

totally left him hanging during the biggest moment of Axl's comeback which was the CD release.

of course this thread is very small in posts, so i guess not too many do care.

You don't know shit as usual, The first time Robin went back to NIN his contact with Guns had expired and there was nothing for him to do at that point in time (he said this in an interview back then), this time it's probably the same thing. We don't know why Robin went back to NIN this time, so for you to blatantly make shit up is fucked up. We all know you hate Robin, but spreading lies isn't right.

As for someone saying he doesn't have writing credits, he does on Better and go only knows how many other songs he helped to write that have not been released yet. Stop making shit up to try and prove your points.
Of course he doesn't know shit. He seeks for every Robin thread just to badmouth him. And it's always making shit up.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »

ok, show one thing in what i said that isn't the truth

did he quit GNR twice to run back to Trent?  YES    so u should apologize for not knowing shit

Did he leave Axl hanging with CD coming out without explanation? YES  so once again, maybe U should get the facts before coming in here looking like a jackass

U don't just jack a post of mine and spew some bullshit without backing up your lies with some truth.

so either prove me wrong or kindly STFU ok ok

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 12:36:13 PM »

never said i didnt care about the truth, just said that i dont care for little things like getting a date wrong.

Some of you guys are proving what i said about Slash being so much more popular than Robin.

Why don't you answer the questions D raised about Robin instead of talking about Slash?

Why don't you do your own fucking research if your beloved Slash's track record of dishonesty is so important to you.

You've been shown plenty of examples of his lies before by both me and several others, and chose to ignore them either out of systematic denial or poor reading comprehension. Everyone here is more than tired of your bullshit ok
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 12:37:59 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2009, 08:24:09 PM »

U know what?