Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 07:56:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NCAA College Basketball | 2009-10
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCAA College Basketball | 2009-10  (Read 21960 times)
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« on: November 02, 2009, 07:36:11 PM »

The new season is upon us!

It is with much enthusiasm us hoops fans welcome back one of our favorite sports.  I am so stoked that summer is over and am looking forward to some hot chili, wings, ice cold brew, and college hoops!

Bring it on!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 07:40:03 PM »

ESPN magazine has my Cuse at #46.  Just after the national championship game, we were being ranked #2 overall...that was before Jonny Flynn and a couple others left school early.   crying

That's okay, SU does well in the years it's not expected to do well.   Wink

Let's go Orange!!!   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 07:44:57 PM »

my UK Wildcats are FINALLY back

had to get rid of Tubby and Billy G but finally we got the coach we need and deserve.

John Wall will lead us to greatness a long with Patrick Patterson

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 09:36:44 PM »

ESPN magazine has my Cuse at #46.  Just after the national championship game, we were being ranked #2 overall...that was before Jonny Flynn and a couple others left school early.   crying

They didn't do too well last night losing to Division II LeMoyne, or whoever it was.  Granted, it's only an exhibition so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.  But not something you ever want to see, no matter what time of season.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »

They didn't do too well last night losing to Division II LeMoyne, or whoever it was.  Granted, it's only an exhibition so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.  But not something you ever want to see, no matter what time of season.

Yeah, it brought to mind Apollo Creed's coach as he's getting his ass kicked by Ivan Drago, "It's only supposed to be an exhibition!"  Embarrassing, but a good wake-up call.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 09:49:22 AM »

I'm waiting to see just what my Uconn Huskies manage to do this year.  They lost a LOT at the end of last year, and if they can just be respectable, I'll be happy.  I'm not expecting anything much out of them but to maybe be competitive.  If they can GET to the NCAA tourney, I'll be ecstatic.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 09:57:38 AM »

I'm waiting to see just what my Uconn Huskies manage to do this year.  They lost a LOT at the end of last year, and if they can just be respectable, I'll be happy.  I'm not expecting anything much out of them but to maybe be competitive.  If they can GET to the NCAA tourney, I'll be ecstatic.
Pilferk, the ONE time a year we actually agree.  Basketball season.

UConn has some talent, but a bit of a youth movement outside of Stanley Robinson, Jerome Dyson, Gavin Edwards, and Kemba Walker.  They have a couple freshmen who they expect big things from including big man Alex Oriakhi.  He's not quite like the centers they've had in recent years, I think he's only 6-8 or so, but he's supposed to be pretty good.  Expectations obviously aren't as high as last year.  Last season they were pre-season #2 or so, this year they're #3 in the BIG EAST alone behind Nova and West Virginia.  It should be fun though, it always is.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 10:40:09 AM »

Tell em how it is D!!!  Cant wait for this season to start Cool
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 03:58:32 PM »

UConn opened up their season last night and it looks like more of the same from them.  They have a lot of freshmen that are gonna need to contribute, but they do have 3 upper classmen to help lead the way.  They're quick and athletic which will make them a good transition team and they should give teams trouble on defense.  BUT, they don't have the extreme shot blocker in the middle that they've had in years past with Okafor and Thabeet.  Right now, freshman Alex Oriahki is starting at C and he's only 6'9".  6'11" Ater Majok will be eligible for 2nd semester so they will get some added size and depth.

BUT, it appears yet again that this team is severely lacking a consistent outside shooting threat.  Jerome Dyson is about the only guy you can count on to hit 3's, outside of that there's not much there.  They were killed by good old William and Mary from 3 last night, which kept them in the game pretty much the whole way.  Not since the days of Ben Gordon and Rashad Anderson has the 3 point shot been a factor in their game.  I knew they were bad last year, but last night they said UConn was #301 in 3 point field goals made.  I didn't even know there were 301 division 1 schools.  That's just awful!  It's tough to compete when you're only making 3 3's a game and your opponent is making 10 or so.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 06:04:28 PM »

UK Vs UConn here in a few weeks

we are going to crush u guys

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »

UK Vs UConn here in a few weeks

we are going to crush u guys
I might be going to that game. 

We'll see about the outcome, UConn's got some work to do but I have faith they can get it done.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 07:37:27 PM »

Yeah, it brought to mind Apollo Creed's coach as he's getting his ass kicked by Ivan Drago, "It's only supposed to be an exhibition!"  Embarrassing, but a good wake-up call.

How about those Orange?HuhHuhHuh  Fucking great.  Knockin' off #6 and #12...not just winning but kicking their asses!  The only prob is Wesley Johnson's totally goin' pro after this season.   Cry  I'll enjoy it while it lasts.  beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 07:52:07 PM »

First big test Saturday for my Cats

lets see if we can knock off UNC

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 11:41:04 PM »

How about those Orange?HuhHuhHuh  Fucking great.  Knockin' off #6 and #12...not just winning but kicking their asses!  The only prob is Wesley Johnson's totally goin' pro after this season.   Cry  I'll enjoy it while it lasts.  beer
Hey, if he can do it the way Carmello Anthony did, then you certainly can't complain.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 03:17:44 PM »

WHAT A GAME!

should've been a blowout but we showed great poise hanging on down the stretch

come March.. we are going to be TOUGH to put out.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 12:02:37 AM »

What an Awesome game

john Wall could be one of the greatest players I've ever seen.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 12:26:01 AM »

Yeah that was a good one.  Not the outcome I was hoping for, but nonetheless.  Certainly no shame in losing to a top team like Kentucky and giving them all they could handle in the process.  It was certainly a much better showing than UConn had against Duke, that's for sure.  They still made the same mistakes though.  Missed free throws and stupid unforced errors, unneeded passes and so forth.  The Huskies still have work to do.  I hope this Ater Majok everyone keeps talking about is half as good as they're pumping him up to be, but I have my reservations.  I heard the same things about Ajou Deng years ago and he was such a non factor that he had to transfer to Fairfield.  And he only had one good year there.

For heavens sake Huskies, work on your damn free throws!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 02:10:33 PM »

09-10 is all about the 'cuse!!!  Knocking off #12 Cal., #6 UNC, and #10 Flor. already and undefeated still!  Hello Top-5...we'll be there shortly.

Makes me wish I was still up in Syracuse...okay, with that fucking snow, no way!  hihi
Seriously, a good UConn-SU matchup or G-Town SU will pack 32,000+ guaranteed this season.  This SU team is THAT good.  Pre-season they were ranked 46th...love it!!!  rofl

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 09:00:35 PM »

Figured I'd continue this discussion in the proper section.

By the way, UConn got HOSED at SU last week.  That BS timeout that was awarded to Syracuse after UConn gained possession of the ball.  Just an AWFUL call.  I jumped out of my seat when they made that call.  I'm usually a pretty reserved guy.  But to see the refs completely blow a call and basically hand the game to Syracuse after UConn fought so hard to come back in that game, was just atrocious.  Then UConn went and laid an egg against Cincy in Jim Calhoun's return.  Unfortunately I witnessed that one in person.  You'd think Calhoun's return would've been motivation enough.  But apparently that loss to Syracuse took it's toll on them.  Last night they bounced back and no doubt played their best game of the season.

With all that being said though, I honestly don't expect it to continue.  They have been so up and down this season and last night they shot the lights out both from the line and from 3 point range.  They haven't done that all season, so I don't see why I should expect them to carry that on the rest of the way.  I expect the team from the first 24 games, much more than the game last night unfortunately.  We'll see though.  I'm just glad it looks as if they'll at least get to play in the NIT this year.  Even that was looking doubtful until last night.  To make the NCAA's they'd have to win at least 4 of their last 5 (@Rutgers, @South Florida, @ND, L'ville, West Virginia) and one game in the Big East tourney.  That'd put them at 9-9 in league play, 20-12 overall, with one of the toughest schedules in the nation.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 04:02:23 PM »

a Carrier Dome record 34, 616 will be in attendance as the Orange ker-SLAM the Villanova Wildcats tonight!!!
With Kentucky losing earlier today, and Purdue just eeking out a 1 point win against a so-so Minnesota team this week, there's a chance Syracuse with a big win tonight can take over the #2 slot behind Kansas.

Cool.  Cool

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: