Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 10:37:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227993 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses to headline Download 2010?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses to headline Download 2010?  (Read 29006 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2009, 03:25:19 PM »

Yeah.

People can watch Youtube clips all they want, or read reviews... But unless you were there and saw the band turn that thing around, you have no real idea about how different the two halves really were.

/jarmo

I wasn't there, but I think the bootleg gives a pretty good picture of how big of a turn around it was. I listen to it every so often and it's flat out amazing how different the vibe is (even on just an audience recording) from the beginning songs from the end ones.

Sure, you get a feeling for it that way.

But like with every show, there's things that a bootleg doesn't get across. That's what I meant.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2009, 04:22:49 PM »

All I can say is that whichever festival Guns N' Roses are at, i'll be there.  But Download would be best, they would be most at home there surely.  That or Reading.  Reading always have rock/metal night which I think Guns would be good for.  And I would enjoy.

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
snascarella
Rocker

GNR: A new era has begun!

« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2009, 04:24:31 PM »

Yeah.

People can watch Youtube clips all they want, or read reviews... But unless you were there and saw the band turn that thing around, you have no real idea about how different the two halves really were.

/jarmo

I wasn't there, but I think the bootleg gives a pretty good picture of how big of a turn around it was. I listen to it every so often and it's flat out amazing how different the vibe is (even on just an audience recording) from the beginning songs from the end ones.

But like with every show, there's things that a bootleg doesn't get across. That's what I meant.  Smiley

/jarmo

I agree with you!! Rock In Rio Lisboa is a perfect example...  Sad

about 'Download 2010', it?d be perfect to GNR!!  peace
I can imagine a High Definition Pro-Shot bootleg!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

"...Don?t you try to stop us now..."

Axl, you?re the best!
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2009, 04:25:15 AM »

My friends that I went to college with went to Download each year, I assure anyone, they were not "Gn'R" fans...

Glastonbury or Leeds/Reading it should be for "Gn'R".

btw...

I don't think "T In The Park" would be appropriate  hihi.
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2009, 02:57:56 PM »

Guess what, im back, its been a long time but here I am.

Anyway back on topic.

I am a very strong believer that GnR will be playing Reading and Leeds festivals in the UK next summer and I don't think they will be going back to Download so soon.

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2009, 09:34:57 PM »

Anyway back on topic.

I am a very strong believer that GnR will be playing Reading and Leeds festivals in the UK next summer and I don't think they will be going back to Download so soon.

not sure if they'd be invited back to leeds after going so far over the time limit last time. the local council had to get involved and grant an extension.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2009, 07:36:58 AM »

Anyway back on topic.

not sure if they'd be invited back to leeds after going so far over the time limit last time. the local council had to get involved and grant an extension.

And the point is?

The reason for going overtime was because of the delays further down the list having a knock on effect. The Prodigy went miles over the acceptable time for setting up their set (delivered a good show though) and this meant that when Axl 'n co got to set up their gear it was a good hour past its official start time.

So here's the rub, do they refuse to play at all?

Do they do a third of a show, causing the crowd to riot (and there would have been) plus then there would be legal issues about failing to deliver a full set and the payments through enforced closure of the gig for that night. The latter point not being in Axls mind, he said words to the effect " I've come to England to play a concert, I want to play a concert and I'm not gonna cop an Axl does this, Axl does that type deal. I suggest the organisers sort this, cause I don't want there to be trouble, I just want to play my show and for the people to enjoy themselves.

If anybody was at fault for the Leeds late start, it was the organisers not closing acts on time. The point being, if they can't set themselves up in good time, then its their set that get shortened....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Zakk Wylde
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2009, 08:29:32 AM »

I was there, camped for 5 nights. It was very weird, firstly Guns were on early! Axl seemed in a bad mood, a lot of people around me were booing and being pretty negative, looked like Axl might pull the plug early... then he just upped a gear the sun began to set and the guys just kicked everyones asses! It was an amazing turn around, you could just feel the mood shift in the people around. I think Izzy and Sebastian def helped. Big respect to Ron and the guys for stepping in for vocals on YCBM too.

If they are there again so am I !!
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2009, 04:19:44 PM »

neva know man a one off gig and it be fucking hugh!

look at wot the main bloke has said about the yet confirmed headliner!

Download festival organizer Andy Copping has revealed that next year?s Download festival has a headliner that will become one of the biggest news stories of 2010. Who do we think it is?

In an exclusive chat with Metal Hammer, Copping has said: ?What you?ll find when we announce, there?s absolutely no question that we are going to blow people?s minds. I?ve never been more excited about what I?m going to deliver and one in particular is a huge, HUGE news story and there?s also a possibility of one, if not two, other bands appearing at the festival at the very, very top end which are going to shock people because they never thought it would happen. I?m very, very pleased with what I?ve managed to hook for next year?s Download and the story behind it is incredible.?

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
wadey
Legend

« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2009, 04:41:44 PM »

Anyway back on topic.

i was there and it wasnt Guns fault for a change though. most of the previous bands were late and it had a knock on effect,
slipknot had a drum issue and they were late on, offspring followed and they were about 25 mins over, then prodigy ran over their time slot
but Guns got the balme for being late on and the riots that followed  rant

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Bansidhe
Headliner

We'll rap yer pus.

« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2009, 06:38:24 PM »

Not sure what to do now. Been going to Donington the last 4 years but now fancying Sonisphere next year for a change due to Iron Maiden headlining & also The Cult playing. GN'R returning to Donny would indeed throw a spanner in the works Grin

If I had the wings of an sparrow, if I had the arse of a crow, I'd fly over Dens Park tomorrow and shite on the bastards below, below.
Shite on, shite on, shite on the bastards below.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2009, 06:57:36 PM »

Yeah.

/jarmo

/jarmo

I totally agree. I didn't mean to be stating otherwise.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
variant
Headliner

« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2009, 06:44:12 AM »

In an exclusive chat with Metal Hammer, Copping has said: ?What you?ll find when we announce, there?s absolutely no question that we are going to blow people?s minds. I?ve never been more excited about what I?m going to deliver and one in particular is a huge, HUGE news story and there?s also a possibility of one, if not two, other bands appearing at the festival at the very, very top end which are going to shock people because they never thought it would happen. I?m very, very pleased with what I?ve managed to hook for next year?s Download and the story behind it is incredible.?

Sounds like they've booked AC/DC and Van Halen then.
Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2009, 04:11:55 AM »

For an outsider like myself, it definitely looks like Download is aimed more towards the metal/hard rock crowd than say Glastonbury, Reading etc...

/jarmo

Well when you compare it to those festivals it would do. Fact of the matter is that the metal fans who like going to Download out of tradition are increasingly being dissapointed by the lack of metal acts on the bill and seek their metal injection from other festivals (Bloodstock, Wacken or Hellfest, usually). But overall Download has a very diverse choice when it comes to rock because it is exclusively a rock festival (although they are starting to branch out by adding acts such as Pendulum and The Prodigy) wheras Glastonbury + Reading/Leeds encompasses a wide range of genres rather than shackling itself to soley rock.

Either-which-way, the fanbase attending Download had evolved over the years. With classic acts like Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Whitesnake and ZZ Top all playing in the same year and being very well recieved I would say that GNR would fit in better with todays Download climate as opposed to 2006's.

However, I'm rooting for Sonisphere. Iron Maiden AND Guns N Roses? Yes please! Grin

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
variant
Headliner

« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2009, 04:50:45 AM »

However, I'm rooting for Sonisphere. Iron Maiden AND Guns N Roses? Yes please

I was expecting GnR at Sonisphere too but its Rammstein and Maiden. I think the extra day they've added this year is for campers only (similar to Isle Of Wight) and has Alice Cooper headlining. Hope I'm wrong though.
variant
Headliner

« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2009, 05:58:23 AM »

Sounds like they've booked AC/DC and Van Halen then.

Well looks like I might be at least half right - http://www.nme.com/news/acdc/48931
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2009, 06:11:22 AM »

Plus Metallica have a gap in their tour schedule for the Sunday of the festival (playing belfast the night before), so not a great leap of imagination that they could close Download next year.

Imagine, AC/DC, GN'R then Metallica headlining Download, doesn't get much better than that, esp as Metallica seem to be touring a fair bit with the other big 3 of heavy metal, Anthrax, Megadeth and Slayer.
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2010, 01:24:03 PM »

Hi all, sorry for beating this dead horse but I didn't want to start a new thread.  What with the first bands being announced (and what bands!) I was wondering whether there were any GnR/Download rumours at the mo?  It has to be considered, after all Download is one of europe's best rock festivals, and we already have AC/DC there! 

It looks like being a pretty rock n roll line up this year, with; AC/DC, Them Crooked Vultures, Motorhead, Wolfmother, and other decent bands as well.  Much better than last years Limp Bizkit rubbish.

With GnR's tour schedule, it looks as though they will be in Europe around that time as well, so I personally have my hopes way up. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2010, 01:45:04 PM »

May I just add even if GNR aint on the bill go to anyway and see Wolfmother! Seen them last week in my top 3 best gigs of the last 10 years.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »

CELEBRATING 30 YEARS OF DONINGTON HISTORY

Meet the first bands lined up to play Download 2010 and discover the history of Donington?s rock heritage.

NOT GN'R.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: