Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:31:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1472525 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #380 on: January 25, 2010, 06:56:05 PM »

Honestly, most of what is "tweeted" is utter nonsense anyway.  So you have to take it for what it is.  It's just a fun way to follow celebrities and for them to keep their fans informed.  Who are we to judge what should and shouldn't be shared?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #381 on: January 25, 2010, 06:56:57 PM »

It's great Dj's talking to the fans but the harm in the type of "fun" he's having is that the headlines in the papers are gonna say it was Axl and then like a month from now they'll print a retraction like this ...

We mistakenly identified Axl as the person in this story.  We regret our error.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #382 on: January 25, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »

It's great Dj's talking to the fans but the harm in the type of "fun" he's having is that the headlines in the papers are gonna say it was Axl and then like a month from now they'll print a retraction like this ...

We mistakenly identified Axl as the person in this story.  We regret our error.

You know what they say, "any press, is good press".

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #383 on: January 25, 2010, 07:20:28 PM »

Publications, will publicize whatever sells the most copies.

Jarmo should start a magazine and write bogus reviews and blame everything on Axl.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #384 on: January 25, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »

DJ's just having some fun, keeping the fans informed.  No harm in that.  After all the years of whining about not getting updates, let's not revert and complain about WHAT we're getting updates on.

Exactly.

DJ just tweeted whats going on in the downtime in between gigs, and it sounds like he's having fun so good on him. We shouldn't be putting a downer on it, and debate whether DJ's trying to sound cool. We should just be happy that he's settled in so quick and we have a form of communication in twitter, to see what he's up to.  Wink

Lee
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #385 on: January 25, 2010, 08:06:39 PM »

Where do you think the expression "Party Like A Rock Star" came from?  Trashing hotel rooms is a rock and roll tradition! Hell, Elvis used to shoot out the TVs in his hotel rooms in Vegas just because he didn't like what was on. He wasn't being immature -- he was being a rock star! Read some of Zeppelin's antics in "Hammer of the Gods".  Those guys took it to a new level -- because they could. I remember one story of how they were throwing TVs out a hotel room window into the ocean and when the hotel manager confronted them they assured him it would all be paid for -- and then they let him throw the last TV. I say keep the tradition alive, DJ. You're in Guns n' Fuckin' Roses!!! Have fun, break shit -- act like a rock star, dude! Break something for me! beer

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #386 on: January 25, 2010, 08:34:57 PM »

it's all fun and games until somebody loses a wall  Roll Eyes

he's living the dream, i'm happy for him

enjoy it dude

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #387 on: January 25, 2010, 10:09:19 PM »

axlrose  Ontari-fuckin'-O!! Ready to bash it out!! I sucked on TWAT last night...wait...is that a bad thing?!! Floyd was cool. Met an army of Bach-Bierks. Baz's mom said he called her from my closet once bk in the day. Hmm...had 2 b either cops or when the girl was tied 2 the chair!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #388 on: January 25, 2010, 10:55:49 PM »

axlrose  Ontari-fuckin'-O!! Ready to bash it out!! I sucked on TWAT last night...wait...is that a bad thing?!! Floyd was cool. Met an army of Bach-Bierks. Baz's mom said he called her from my closet once bk in the day. Hmm...had 2 b either cops or when the girl was tied 2 the chair!!
I heard TWAT was great last night, from people who were there.  Was that just a joke, to get the punchline in?

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #389 on: January 25, 2010, 10:59:47 PM »

sounds that way! lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #390 on: January 26, 2010, 05:26:08 AM »

bumblefoot Great show tonight in London. Don't know what came over me the end of the show - grabbed my junk & yelled THIS IS MY COCK!! into the mic.

rofl rofl

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #391 on: January 26, 2010, 05:43:05 AM »

I heard TWAT was great last night, from people who were there.  Was that just a joke, to get the punchline in?

It was pretty good, but I wasn't sure if Axl meant to abridge the song on purpose or if it was a slip up.  Excuse me if my description is hard to follow, but around 5:27 of TWAT you can hear Buckethead come back into the song with his really hooky guitar lick as he takes over from Bumblefoot.  For me, the best part of the guitar solo.  When they played it live in Hamilton, Axl started his vocal line "I would do anything for you" where Bumblefoot was to play Buckethead's part.  You could hear Bumblefoot still play it, but he then condensed it and they ended the song earlier than had Axl came in when he does in album version.  So I take it from Axl's tweet that this was perhaps not the plan.  In any event, it was still great to hear it live. 

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #392 on: January 26, 2010, 06:39:57 AM »

bumblefoot Great show tonight in London. Don't know what came over me the end of the show - grabbed my junk & yelled THIS IS MY COCK!! into the mic.

rofl rofl
rofl funniest shit, i hope there's a clip of it
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #393 on: January 26, 2010, 08:08:44 AM »

Seems like Ron's getting into it.. Grin

Nothing to say
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #394 on: January 26, 2010, 09:07:34 AM »

It was pretty good, but I wasn't sure if Axl meant to abridge the song on purpose or if it was a slip up.  Excuse me if my description is hard to follow, but around 5:27 of TWAT you can hear Buckethead come back into the song with his really hooky guitar lick as he takes over from Bumblefoot.  For me, the best part of the guitar solo.  When they played it live in Hamilton, Axl started his vocal line "I would do anything for you" where Bumblefoot was to play Buckethead's part.  You could hear Bumblefoot still play it, but he then condensed it and they ended the song earlier than had Axl came in when he does in album version.  So I take it from Axl's tweet that this was perhaps not the plan.  In any event, it was still great to hear it live. 
Ah, I see.  Thanks for the explanation.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #395 on: January 26, 2010, 11:32:46 AM »

Bumblefoot came out to watch the girls stripping(had a guitar on)

Quote from: Bumblefoot
GREAT show tonight in London. I don't know what came over me at the end of the show, I grabbed my junk & yelled THIS IS MY COCK!! into the mic, echoing throughout the arena...

I take it that Mrs. Bumblefoot has not yet joined him on this leg of the tour.  hihi

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #396 on: January 26, 2010, 05:46:03 PM »

No, but she's watching him hihi

Actually it's mine...
http://twitter.com/MrsBumblefoot/statuses/8241317410

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #397 on: January 26, 2010, 07:11:10 PM »

No, but she's watching him hihi

Actually it's mine...
http://twitter.com/MrsBumblefoot/statuses/8241317410

Too funny!!!  hihi
Stay strong, Ron.  The Mrs is on her way!!!

MrsBumblefoot  On my way to Montreal...
about 12 hours ago from web

@MrsBumblefoot
PLEASE HURRY!!!  The last thing GNR fans need to see at the end of the show is "The huge light system descended like an enormous spaceship" with a 'missing the wife' Bumblefoot on-board!!!!  nervous

helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #398 on: January 27, 2010, 01:35:33 AM »

Mrs. Bumblefoot better come down with him to Brazil or he won't be just yelling about his cock but rather showing it... I mean, girls here are 300 times more insane than the Canadian ones and the concerts too much exciting.  hihi

inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #399 on: January 27, 2010, 01:56:03 AM »

Whoa! Looks like it might be time for me to look into getting a ticket to the show in Brazil myself! yes

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas