Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:23:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 302 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Guns N Roses and Axl Twitter & Facebook updates  (Read 1458372 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5300 on: May 19, 2017, 07:39:24 PM »

I like that! Assuming THAT won't be on merchandise stand?! haha!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5301 on: May 19, 2017, 08:54:59 PM »

Cool video.

Guns N' Roses
The beginning...
#GnFnR #NotInThisLifetime Tour
smarturl.it/GnFnR2017

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/videos/10155371589173069/

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #5302 on: May 19, 2017, 10:05:09 PM »

Cool video.

Guns N' Roses
The beginning...
smarturl.it/GnFnR2017

I like how it says "Reunited for Not In This Lifetime Tour". Pretty explanatory that nothing else will come out of this (future plans, new album, new releases). But I'm already happy with what we got already, good for me whatever makes the band happy.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5303 on: May 20, 2017, 07:17:14 AM »

Cool video.

Guns N' Roses
The beginning...
smarturl.it/GnFnR2017

I like how it says "Reunited for Not In This Lifetime Tour". Pretty explanatory that nothing else will come out of this (future plans, new album, new releases). But I'm already happy with what we got already, good for me whatever makes the band happy.

That's a bit of a reach!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #5304 on: May 20, 2017, 07:54:07 AM »

Cool video.

Guns N' Roses
The beginning...
smarturl.it/GnFnR2017

That's a bit of a reach!

Yeah.  It's just reciting a factual timeline.  In April, 2016, they reunite for NITLT.  That doesn't mean to the exclusion of all other things. 
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5305 on: May 20, 2017, 08:37:53 AM »

The fact that video is titled 'The beginning......' though? That's ominous surely?

We've got an LA announcement coming, that video certainly makes it look (to my eyes) that the next step might be 'the end'. Why do a timeline video like that at all?

I don't know. I think this may be it.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5306 on: May 20, 2017, 08:55:27 AM »

On looking into it a bit- is this video even new?

I think it might be from last year! As you were people...nothing to see here! haha!

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5307 on: May 20, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »

That video is just a disgrace. I can't believe the band posted that. It's a huge lie and a great disrespect to key former members.

It's funny they have dedicated more video-space to the Wembley 08.31.91 sellout than to the 20 years period between 1996 and 2016.

No, its not funny actually. Izzy did right. And Pitman was right.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #5308 on: May 20, 2017, 12:05:25 PM »

Sorry man, but for who the hell would they put a story about former members? It does not make sense, the current tour is focused on Axl, Slash and Duff, and when Chris Pittman said it's a nickel-hunt tour I would agree with him, the money should be over a new album or something new to the fans, it seems That Slash changed, years ago he would say a new album would be essential for a tour!
Time is money, oh yes!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5309 on: May 20, 2017, 12:24:17 PM »

That video is just a disgrace. I can't believe the band posted that. It's a huge lie and a great disrespect to key former members.

It's funny they have dedicated more video-space to the Wembley 08.31.91 sellout than to the 20 years period between 1996 and 2016.

It's a clip promoting the tour which is the regrouping of Axl, Duff and Slash. So obviously it would focus on what they achieved together in GN'R instead of those twenty years when they were apart....

Maybe it's just me, because I didn't view the clip as some kind of official GN'R biography...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5310 on: May 20, 2017, 12:59:34 PM »

Sorry man, but for who the hell would they put a story about former members? It does not make sense, the current tour is focused on Axl, Slash and Duff,

I dont know, but for some reason they have felt the need to bring things from the past in that video. Well, everything surrounding this tour NEEDS the past. The past is the key (just look at the setlist, the imagery, the sound, the merch, the intros...).

And you just CANT bring GNRs past without mentioning Izzy, to give the most grotesque example. You just cant. You can't speak about the Bulls of the nineties without mentioning Pippen.

If you feel the need to bring the past, do it right. GNR didn't born the way the video shows. GNR toured the whole world 2/3 times between 2002 and 2014. There was an album that was released in that ''huge 1996-2016'' one second long block.

I feel that GNR is spitting on the work and effort of not only ALL former members but also more than the half of the current ones. Dizzy (26 years long member, 2nd after Axl in GNR's history), Richard (15 years, 3rd in the ranking), Frank (11, 4th in the ranking) and Melissa are being 100% anonymized. They are being treated as if they were Traci fucking Amos. And we all know Richard can mercilessly kick Slash's ass in terms of guitar skills and performance. It's just not fair. Not for them, not for us the fans who stuck with this band all these ''hard'' years.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5311 on: May 20, 2017, 02:19:12 PM »

Sorry man, but for who the hell would they put a story about former members? It does not make sense, the current tour is focused on Axl, Slash and Duff,

I dont know, but for some reason they have felt the need to bring things from the past in that video. Well, everything surrounding this tour NEEDS the past. The past is the key (just look at the setlist, the imagery, the sound, the merch, the intros...).

And you just CANT bring GNRs past without mentioning Izzy, to give the most grotesque example. You just cant. You can't speak about the Bulls of the nineties without mentioning Pippen.

If you feel the need to bring the past, do it right. GNR didn't born the way the video shows. GNR toured the whole world 2/3 times between 2002 and 2014. There was an album that was released in that ''huge 1996-2016'' one second long block.

I feel that GNR is spitting on the work and effort of not only ALL former members but also more than the half of the current ones. Dizzy (26 years long member, 2nd after Axl in GNR's history), Richard (15 years, 3rd in the ranking), Frank (11, 4th in the ranking) and Melissa are being 100% anonymized. They are being treated as if they were Traci fucking Amos. And we all know Richard can mercilessly kick Slash's ass in terms of guitar skills and performance. It's just not fair. Not for them, not for us the fans who stuck with this band all these ''hard'' years.

The video is about the reunion of three people, Axl, Slash and Duff. It only adresses them and what parts of GN'R they've been involved in. It's not a "GN'R timeline", but more of a "Axl, Slash and Duff in GN'R timeline".

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5312 on: May 20, 2017, 02:50:47 PM »

The video is about the reunion of three people, Axl, Slash and Duff. It only adresses them and what parts of GN'R they've been involved in. It's not a "GN'R timeline", but more of a "Axl, Slash and Duff in GN'R timeline".

Why mentioning ChiDem then (a nanosecond , but it's mentioned)?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5313 on: May 20, 2017, 02:53:47 PM »

Because that's part of Axl's history in GNR.

Sweetness is a virtue
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5314 on: May 20, 2017, 04:24:07 PM »

Guns N' Roses birth, with Tracii Guns and Izzy Stradlin is also part of Axl's history in GNR and it's not there.

I appreciate your efforts, but this video is unjustifiable. It doesnt commit any purpose: it's not a valid storyline, it's not focusing in the present, it's not focusing in the current members of the band, it's not ''teaching'' fans about the past, and if it's focus does include Axl's history then it's terribly incomplete and inaccurate.

No wonder why so many valuable artists jumped off this wagon.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #5315 on: May 20, 2017, 04:33:35 PM »

Guns N' Roses birth, with Tracii Guns and Izzy Stradlin is also part of Axl's history in GNR and it's not there.

I appreciate your efforts, but this video is unjustifiable. It doesnt commit any purpose: it's not a valid storyline, it's not focusing in the present, it's not focusing in the current members of the band, it's not ''teaching'' fans about the past, and if it's focus does include Axl's history then it's terribly incomplete and inaccurate.

No wonder why so many valuable artists jumped off this wagon.

It's just some highlights focused on Axl, Slash and Duff, not intended to be the official, definite history of GNR.

The purpose is just a quick recap of the history and coming together of Axl, Slash and Duff... nothing more.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5316 on: May 20, 2017, 05:46:16 PM »

Can't see why it's controversial. It is what it is - a promotional video. Aimed at this tour. I don't think it's anything to get offended about whatsoever.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5317 on: May 20, 2017, 06:20:09 PM »

It's an album released by Guns N' Roses and the band plays songs from it on the tour the clip is promoting.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5318 on: May 20, 2017, 07:46:44 PM »

Slash got a tour book. 
Wonder if the inscription inside reads "you better not mess up or Richard will knife him"?  Lips Sealed

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #5319 on: May 20, 2017, 07:47:59 PM »

It's an album released by Guns N' Roses and the band plays songs from it on the tour the clip is promoting.

/jarmo

Your arguments and Spirit's don't fit. And none of them are logical enough to me:

- If, like Spirit says, ''they're mentioning CD because its a part of Axl's history with the band'' then why not mentioning something BASIC and HUGE like the birth of the band (another thing that's a part of Axl's history with the band)

- If, like you say, ''they're mentioning CD because it's an album released by Guns N' Roses and the band plays songs from it on the tour the clip is promoting'', then it's hard to understand why the clip has 10 screens with info about AFD, ten screens about UYIs, while ChiDem is included in just one screen that englobes 20 years.

You know what would be good? That somebody here had the guts to say: ''they hide the other 4 current members and all the former ones because showing them means less money to collect. 99% of the people who attend the shows nowadays have no idea and don't give a shit about anybody but Axl, Slash and Duff, and the band and the management know that and are OK with that. Richard and Dizzy are today's Roberta Freeman and Tracy fucking Amos, and the less people know about them the better.''

That would be honest. And cruel and ungrateful, but honest.

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 302 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: